PDA

View Full Version : Ezekiel Jackson: Future Star or Future Endeavored

Champ
10-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Hello wrestling fans, this is my first topic here. So I hope that you find it interesting. With that said, I'd like to discuss one of my favorite wrestlers in the WWE - The Personification of Domination, Ezekiel Jackson.

Here is a guy who has the body, strength and does get a decent crowd reaction. On the other hand, though, he has an extremely limited move set and is lacking in the charisma department. When he won the IC title from Wade Barrett, he looked to be gaining some momentum and relevance. Though, that faded quickly, and he was given a very short title rein, which I think significantly hurt him.

Personally, I do think that he has potential, but also has a lot of room for growth and improvements. He also needs to be given more time on the microphone in order to help develop more confidence and enhance his promos. I mean, heck, I've seen guys who were more terrible on the mic than he is, who were given more time to speak (Jeff Hardy, for example).

So my question to you guys is this: Do you think he has what it takes to develop into a credible superstar in the future? Or do you think he'll be one of those unfortunate ones who won't be able to draw, and will be given his walking papers and sent on his way?

Please discuss...

The Expendable
10-13-2011, 12:40 AM
I think he has the potential to be a monster heel but not to be main event material, he has very limited mike skills and I find him boring sometimes but that's just me.

Welcome to the forum bro

thunderprince09
10-13-2011, 12:42 AM
I hope he's not the second coming of Ahmed Johnson (the bad part of injuring others)

jordan1995
10-13-2011, 01:38 AM
hopefully if he can add a few more moves to his set and they give him more mic time then he can go far and do well in the future ...i think his match with Christian for the ecw tittle were all really good

AreYaSerious
10-13-2011, 01:42 AM
He needs a few more moves, but he's got potential. He needs to join up with someone who is talented on the mic until he can slowly build up his confidence on the mic, or go with Lashley's old gimmick "soft spoken, hard hitting'

latreal23
10-13-2011, 02:23 AM
[/B]
He needs a few more moves, but he's got potential. He needs to join up with someone who is talented on the mic until he can slowly build up his confidence on the mic, or go with Lashley's old gimmick "soft spoken, hard hitting'

Lol "I'm Bobby Lashley"

Y2Jryder
10-13-2011, 09:40 AM
the guy is boring, future jobber i hope

chunkkynutzzz
10-13-2011, 09:46 AM
Big Zeke could if he comes into his own and practice mic skills and what he is about to say like a script because other then that he is gonna drown and get cut out
Future endeavored

But I'm tellin you this right now him and mason ryan could be a tag team called Seek and Destroy
Just a straight powerhouse tag team
Just to get them on tv givem 1 minute squash matches against jobbers to givem a push then fued for the titles
Because right now wwe needs to show
Ryan,zeke,McIntyre, Morrison, rhodes,ziggler, even ryder as stand outs before it all gets real boring again and there's nobody that has been
Build up!

Rich Cranium
10-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Big Zeke, 3 moves of doom: Punch, bodyslam, torture rack. Shades of Lex Luger! The Lex Express and the only man in the world strong enough to bodyslam the late great Yokozuna.

Dameduse823
10-13-2011, 10:00 AM
I am a fan of Jackson as well but to be honest I can only see him being a top middle card star, maybe getting into teh WWE/WHC picture but only to lose. I think he needs a new finisher and a few more good impact moves. As for his mic work, when he talks I think you can see that he has the potential to be a great speaker, his prophet of doom gimmick with the bible quotes from ecw were really impressive to me and I think he could be a main guy if he was just given the time to show his gimmick and personality in the ring

Russo swerve
10-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Hes a future tna world champ just watch

steveorton
10-13-2011, 10:46 AM
Hes a future tna world champ just watch

Lmfao. Back on topic I think WWE needs to put him in a tag team and then they could assess him and move on from there. Atm he's not really doing anything and sometimes I find him so boring that it's hard to watch.

Btw Welcome to the forums and Happy Posting :)

Y2J___Y2J
10-13-2011, 11:56 AM
May be a future star... but not as a face..! More than likely he'll be future endevoured

Jags
10-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Don't like him as a face or when cutting his own promos. Would say future endeavored, but if he's going to stay I'll say put him in a heel tag team or get him a heel manager. Liked him more when he was with Regal (and Kozlov).

Just not a big Zeke fan, but that's just me.

wrestlingfan66513
10-13-2011, 01:21 PM
He is boring to watch and I don't see him going far on his own.

el gabo
10-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Big Zeke, 3 moves of doom: Punch, bodyslam, torture rack. Shades of Lex Luger! The Lex Express and the only man in the world strong enough to bodyslam the late great Yokozuna.

You forgot the smile.

He does nothing for me. I would drop him like a bad habit.

DonzelDomination
10-13-2011, 02:43 PM
I am a fan of Jackson as well but to be honest I can only see him being a top middle card star, maybe getting into teh WWE/WHC picture but only to lose. I think he needs a new finisher and a few more good impact moves. As for his mic work, when he talks I think you can see that he has the potential to be a great speaker, his prophet of doom gimmick with the bible quotes from ecw were really impressive to me and I think he could be a main guy if he was just given the time to show his gimmick and personality in the ring

Quoted because it's what I was thinking :p

Champ
10-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Thanks for all of your comments! I agree with what most of you have written. I'm just concerned about his future in the WWE, because I really hate to see talent wasted or, even worse, be released. I think that every mid-card star can be an asset within the company, if given the time, recognition, and their strengths are emphasised. It'd just be a shame to see Zeke get the Brian Kendrick or Chris Masters treatment, as I feel they were both talented and could have had bright futures.

AOF666
10-13-2011, 03:55 PM
I think he lacks charisma and kind of boring. He is just another body!

chunkkynutzzz
10-14-2011, 09:15 AM
He needs to step his game up any time he has a match he gotta standout with something , and when he gets on the mic he gotta be confident and chew his opponent

But...he will just smile and say blazzay blazzay stuff

LuckIsForLosers
10-16-2011, 05:59 AM
He sucks on the mic...fortunately for him his size and muscles mean he could be a man of few words who destroys those in his path a la Goldberg...I suspect he's another Kozlov though. They'll team him with Zack Ryder or Santino within the next year.

BlazersDozen
10-16-2011, 07:57 AM
He has such a limited move set that he should've never been a singles guy. They need to team him with a guy who can work as a mouth piece of the tag team. I think in a tag team...he could be around as long as he would like. I think the only reason he is face is because he literally has the best smile in wrestling & he doesn't have the mic skills to sell the cocky gimmick.

chunkkynutzzz
10-16-2011, 09:22 AM
He has such a limited move set that he should've never been a singles guy. They need to team him with a guy who can work as a mouth piece of the tag team. I think in a tag team...he could be around as long as he would like. I think the only reason he is face is because he literally has the best smile in wrestling & he doesn't have the mic skills to sell the cocky gimmick.

Lol the best smile in wrestling
He has horrible mic skills agree
And I'm trying to think of something and I don't think the public is all that into him
But I say let yoshi tatsu put him in a trance and put like a mask on him with the japanese style type vega red mask
And yoshi and him beat Air Boom and carry belts being heels that don't speak just dominate
With some weird smoke substance
Yea
Thoughts?

Pumpkinhead
10-16-2011, 11:09 AM
He could make it as the monster heel, type of the new Mark Henry and really work in his mic skills

BlazersDozen
10-16-2011, 11:31 AM
How old is this guy? He looks almost 40...

I remember WWE Magazine pinned him as the future with other guys & I said, "HAHAHA BULLLSHIIIT" only cuz he looks old as hell. He could just be like Junior Dos Santos & be "late 20s" (my ass) but look old as hell.

Viperfish
10-16-2011, 03:14 PM
His smiling and waving personality more than anything else is what's killing him. It comes from the same BS department as Cena. WWE doesn't seem to know how to make too many babyfaces that are over without making them overly friendly. They struck gold with CM Punk for a little while but he's slowly slipping into that department too. Many people over there can use a tint of "badassery", and they can have that done without losing their face status.

VanHooliganX
10-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Hmm. I don't see them using him well. Hasn't done much since jobbing to Rhodes.
Probably the latter :(

eyehatecena
10-16-2011, 10:16 PM
I think he will be underused and will never have time to get better on the mic. He will grow tired of the wwe and leave for japan