PDA

View Full Version : JBL or Mick Foley

steveorton
10-12-2011, 01:43 PM
This is from the main news board:

With Mick Foley done with TNA, and the Rock making his WWE return with several appearances over the next few months, there has been a lot of speculation that Foley will be returning to WWE. According to sources, with the Rock being at Survivor Series and the show taking place in New York, it is considered a no-brainer that Foley will return.

With the Raw Gm spot once gain open, Foley's name has been rumored for the position, but it looks unlikely that he will fill the role. It is more likely that Foley will be used as a guy to pop in from time to time, due to his name value.

Another name that has been brought up for the GM role is JBL, but nothing is set in stone.

Partial Source: Pwinsider

So who would you rather for Raw General manager JBL or Mick Foley?
Imo JBL because I want too see a heel Raw GM but I wouldn't mind seeing Foley back in the WWE too. Survivor Series?

Y2Jryder
10-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Difficult, maybe one for SD and one for Raw? or make them both gm and let them feud against each other. They can also just do commentary. These guys are so talented lol

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 01:47 PM
I don't see JBL coming back, he has too many other things going on
I would love to see Foley back on WWE as a manager of some sort or as GM, but I am not sure how likely that is either.

Rich Cranium
10-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Mick Foley would be the more obvious of the two. JBL is a happy camper and the payday isn't needed. He will settle for one off appearances imo.

Y2Jryder
10-12-2011, 01:51 PM
offtopic: I was shocked when JBL almost didn't get a reaction at all when he had the segment with Cole and Stone cold

THEKEVINBRAND
10-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Neither, I'd rather see Jim Ross as the General Manager of Raw, Mick needs to retire, he had a great TNA run, I think he should just stop there

ELNIOJR
10-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Teddy Long could be the Special Tag Team Matches GM...

steveorton
10-12-2011, 01:55 PM
offtopic: I was shocked when JBL almost didn't get a reaction at all when he had the segment with Cole and Stone cold

I know many people don't like the guy but imo I liked his title reign I know it was long and at Armagedon 2004 I wanted Taker to win that Fatal four way match and take the title but it didn't happen because of Heidirich if i'm not mistaken. Anyways tbh I didn't want Cena to end it at Wrestlemania 21 strange enough. The crowd should respect him imo he's a wrestling god after all.

Ruthless_Aggression
10-12-2011, 01:55 PM
If you all can recall, these two had their own political debate between each other a few years ago. I'd go with either one since I love them both.

Russo swerve
10-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Neither, I'd rather see Jim Ross as the General Manager of Raw, Mick needs to retire, he had a great TNA run, I think he should just stop there

Says the tna fan boy who cheers for hogan sting steiner and jarret

steveorton
10-12-2011, 01:58 PM

JR is too much of a good guy and he doesn't defend himself properly against insults (JR vs Cole on commentary King and Booker had to stand up for him) and wouldn't defend against insults from different wrestlers.

steveorton
10-12-2011, 01:59 PM

Lol where ever there's a tag team match Teddy will be there.

THEKEVINBRAND
10-12-2011, 02:03 PM
JR is too much of a good guy and he doesn't defend himself properly against insults (JR vs Cole on commentary King and Booker had to stand up for him) and wouldn't defend against insults from different wrestlers.

Better have someone on the WWE payroll than hire someone else IMO... hell get Nash as GM

Y2Jryder
10-12-2011, 02:07 PM
I know many people don't like the guy but imo I liked his title reign I know it was long and at Armagedon 2004 I wanted Taker to win that Fatal four way match and take the title but it didn't happen because of Heidirich if i'm not mistaken. Anyways tbh I didn't want Cena to end it at Wrestlemania 21 strange enough. The crowd should respect him imo he's a wrestling god after all. And he is gold on commentary

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 02:09 PM
And he is gold on commentary

Yeah I thought he was the best color commentator that the WWE has had since Lawler started really losing his shit

Dierdorf
10-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Could not stop laughing when i read this haha!!

I want mick back!!!! I was never a fan of JBL

HeelTurn
10-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Have to say JBL, I love Mick as much as the next guy, but I always prefered a heel GM, it just works better. Plus Foley has already doent he commisioner role, so I would like to see him do something else.

jordan1995
10-12-2011, 02:45 PM
i would cry with happiness if they made JBL gm

SkilletBoi
10-12-2011, 02:50 PM
I'd prefer JBL and hate me for this if you must, but i just dont see what the big deal was about mick foley....

JamFran
10-12-2011, 02:55 PM
I would prefer Mick Foley. I have not liked JBL since he quit being Bradshaw of the APA...

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 03:05 PM
I would prefer Mick Foley. I have not liked JBL since he quit being Bradshaw of the APA...

who is the chick in the bottom right of your signature? She looks familiar but I can't place her

JamFran
10-12-2011, 03:09 PM
who is the chick in the bottom right of your signature? She looks familiar but I can't place her

it's Maria Kanellis, she did a photo shoot where she was dressed as a Vampire

HeelTurn
10-12-2011, 03:10 PM

That is awesome, *searches google for Maria Vampire shoot*.

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 03:11 PM

sweet
that is the hottest that I have seen her
thanks for the info

JamFran
10-12-2011, 03:12 PM
That is awesome, *searches google for Maria Vampire shoot*.

here's the full size image in my sig
http://www.pwmania.com/artman/wp-content/gallery/maria-kanellis-as-a-vampire/002.jpg

Daffy Duck's Finest
10-12-2011, 03:15 PM

I feel as if I should give someone the ingredients to a decent comment: Maria, vampire, sucking, SHES HOT

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 03:18 PM
here's the full size image in my sig
http://www.pwmania.com/artman/wp-content/gallery/maria-kanellis-as-a-vampire/002.jpg

wonder if I can get away with making that my wallpaper on my work PC "for the holiday"

HeelTurn
10-12-2011, 03:20 PM
I remember when Lita did a zombie photoshoot, but the vampire Maria one is just epic.

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 03:46 PM
I remember when Lita did a zombie photoshoot, but the vampire Maria one is just epic.

I didn't dig Zombie-Lita so much

AOF666
10-12-2011, 04:08 PM
I would rather see Mick Foley as GM. Foley can restore the tagteam division. Back in the day when he was Gm, he always made tag matches. If there a few guys that didn't like each other, he just made a tag match with them.

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 04:15 PM
I would rather see Mick Foley as GM. Foley can restore the tagteam division. Back in the day when he was Gm, he always made tag matches. If there a few guys that didn't like each other, he just made a tag match with them.

we already have a GM doing that, and the tag division has not noticeably improved

Y2J___Y2J
10-12-2011, 05:35 PM
JBL and Mick Foley on commentary would be gold.!
As RAW GM.. JBL..
Would love to see Mick back in some capacity

URATOOL
10-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Curl ball coming your way.

JBL and Foley both turn up for the naming of the new GM. Both are in the ring with Vince. Both state there case for the job. Vince can't decide who to hand the contract to. *glass breaks* out drives SCSA. Stunners for all three of them and he picks up the contract and signs it. No it's not original, but yes it would be good.

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Curl ball coming your way.

JBL and Foley both turn up for the naming of the new GM. Both are in the ring with Vince. Both state there case for the job. Vince can't decide who to hand the contract to. *glass breaks* out drives SCSA. Stunners for all three of them and he picks up the contract and signs it. No it's not original, but yes it would be good.

Booker T?
Just for the variety, and it would be unexpected.

URATOOL
10-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Booker T?

Oh dear Lord. I hadn't even thought of him. What about Cole or Lawler!

wrestlingfan66513
10-12-2011, 09:00 PM

Don't forget about battle royals and matches with Randy Orton and the Undertaker.

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Oh dear Lord. I hadn't even thought of him. What about Cole or Lawler!

Honestly, Cole may be able to pull it off, with a group of enforcers

alexrules01
10-13-2011, 12:07 AM
JBL would be a great authority figure. He could create a whole new cabinet.
Foley would be awesome aswell, if he's his old quirky self

THEKEVINBRAND
10-13-2011, 12:10 AM
Booker T?
Yes I`d see the divas walk into Booker's office and all you hear is Awwww shucky ducky quack quack!

JBL would be a great authority figure. He could create a whole new cabinet.
Foley would be awesome aswell, if he's his old quirky self

I dont understand why Foley would want to return in the WWE on screen anyway, he's done it all (commissioner, co-GM in 2003, color-commentator, and wrestler)

steveorton
10-13-2011, 06:45 AM
Thought I should post this here: This is JBL addressing a possible WWE return and it is from the main news board:

John "Bradshaw" Layfield published a blog on his official website stating that he has no plans to appear for WWE or TNA Wrestling.

"The question is whether I will return to WWE television. NO. The answer is NO. I have no plans, I have no contact with WWE. No one has mentioned this, no one has brought it up," he wrote.

"Will that NO change to a YES. I don't know. I love performing. I am actually healthy right now, I have lost a ton of weight getting ready for NYC marathon and am in the best shape of my life. But would I risk that to return, no I would not. However, is there a hybrid that I would be interested in-I never rule out anything."

Regarding TNA, he wrote, "My best friend Bruce Prichard is head of talent relations for TNA-I love him, I love many of the folks there and the talent. I have no plans of going there."

As noted earlier, he then posted on Twitter, "IF i returned IF, I would want to be RAW gm and have some fun! I could do wonders there-great talent, just needs someone to play off of!"

Sully
10-13-2011, 09:01 AM
JBL all the way.

Mick Foley is not a guy that should really be considered...management like. I think the GM should be a business man, a man who wears a suit and cares about money. A guy with long hair and a flannel shirt does not fit the character of a manager. Although if I remember correctly, wasn't Foley a GM before? I think they actually had a different name for it back then, like commissioner or something.

Although considering Mick Foley is currently employed by the 'E, and poor JBL isn't...I would say that Foley has a much better chance of getting the job. You never know though with WWE, they always love to pull twists.

Only thing though, if it's Foley I wouldn't be surprised, if it was JBL I would mark the fuck out.

steveorton
10-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Got this from the main news board. Thought I should share:

Mick Foley appeared on The LAW Live Audio Wrestling this past Sunday night on TSN Radio 1050 AM to promote his upcoming stand up comedy show 'Mick Foley: Hardcore Comedy' at the Toronto Underground Cinema on Friday December 2nd. Check out the highlights…

A potential return to the WWE and working in the ring: First of all, I'd really have to start working out and conditioning. I should really do that now, in case some of these rumors turn out to be true. They're all rumors that I started, by the way, so it's nice to know that form of communication is still viable. I'm having fun, I think most people know I'm joking when I use the words, "I'll show Hugh Jackman how it's done when I show up as the SECRET special guest referee at Hell in a Cell," and then about a minute later, "WHOOPS! Disregard that, I was trying to direct message Michael Cole​. A lot of people took me seriously, and were disappointed when I wasn't there, so I'm gonna try not to spread rumors. With that being said, I do think that I'll be showing up in WWE sometime soon. Sometime.