PDA

View Full Version : Domino to Tna or WWE?

steveorton
10-12-2011, 12:16 PM
This is from the main news board:

Cliff Compton (formerly Domino) is said to have gained interest from both TNA and WWE. Compton has been hoping to get back on TV so that people could see what else he had to offer beyond the Domino persona he portrayed in WWE.

Was this guy so good to garner attention from both WWE and Tna?

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 12:26 PM
This is from the main news board:

Was this guy so good to garner attention from both WWE and Tna?

I think so, he wasn't anything to write home about, but he was good.

Tommy Thunder
10-12-2011, 12:31 PM
If he was to be brought back with Domino as a tag team, then I'd be all for it. Deuce 'n Domino were one of the last good tag teams WWE had.

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 12:33 PM
If he was to be brought back with Domino as a tag team, then I'd be all for it. Deuce 'n Domino were one of the last good tag teams WWE had.
I liked their gimmick
plus Cherry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-0UjmyvmKw

Seriously, Cherry!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6qgshajzltM/SvFylxSK_WI/AAAAAAAAMg4/KDmrVhtPr0A/s1600/WWE_Diva_Cherry_07.jpg

Tommy Thunder
10-12-2011, 12:47 PM
I liked their gimmick
plus Cherry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-0UjmyvmKw

Seriously, Cherry!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6qgshajzltM/SvFylxSK_WI/AAAAAAAAMg4/KDmrVhtPr0A/s1600/WWE_Diva_Cherry_07.jpg

Cherry was smoking!

And their gimmick was good. It would work in the PG era, so that's not an issue, and I'm sure they'd get over as faces or heels. WWE should bring them back IMO.

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Cherry was smoking!

And their gimmick was good. It would work in the PG era, so that's not an issue, and I'm sure they'd get over as faces or heels. WWE should bring them back IMO.

Especially if they bring back Cherry!
http://www.glogster.com/media/2/1/94/54/1945497.jpg
Cherry!!!
http://mywwefanpage21.weebly.com/uploads/1/7/6/3/1763206/8394472_orig.jpg

Ok, I'm done now, I promise :) no more gratuitous Cherry pics.

the-rocks-stunner
10-12-2011, 12:53 PM
he needs tna wwe will f him up

Russo swerve
10-12-2011, 01:11 PM

Its funny how most ppl say tna will make somebodys career better and wwe will screw them over I find that very funny.

Rich Cranium
10-12-2011, 01:13 PM
I never really cared for Cherry tbh. She was just a mannequin on skates.

I think they should bring Deuce back as well for the tag team division. They could have Deuce's real life sister, Tamina be their manager but she might be to stiff for roller skates.

Mikeyboy7777777
10-12-2011, 01:15 PM

wasn't cliff compton domino and the other guy deuce?XD

THEKEVINBRAND
10-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Its funny how most ppl say tna will make somebodys career better and wwe will screw them over I find that very funny.

well lets see here Lance Hoyt has had titles in TNA and was buried like no tomorrow in WWE, Chris Harris one of the most accomplished tag team wrestler in the early TNA days got fat and got buried in WWE after 2 appearances, Low Ki multiple time XDivision Champion went on to win NXT 2 and is now in noman's land, 'nuff said here.

THEKEVINBRAND
10-12-2011, 01:16 PM

Yes Cliff was Domino and Deuce became Sim Snuka in the early days of Legacy

Lowki
10-12-2011, 01:25 PM
It's funny that more people probably know Zack Ryder or Santino than Aj styles though. How do you measure success? Personally, i'd say money and world wide fame is what MOST wrestlers aim for. So regardless of the character, even being "fucked up" in WWE is probably more successful than being main event TNA in some aspects.

Crack 'em in da Mouth was a good finisher, especially with more "realism" being wanted in WWE right now.

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 01:25 PM
I never really cared for Cherry tbh. She was just a mannequin on skates.

I think they should bring Deuce back as well for the tag team division. They could have Deuce's real life sister, Tamina be their manager but she might be to stiff for roller skates.

I have a love for the 50's style dresses so that was a large part of it
also I would love to see Valets make a comeback, especially since WWE seems dead-set on hiring models all the damn time anyway

Tommy Thunder
10-12-2011, 01:27 PM

Certainly one of the more sensible things you've said here.

Yes. My bad. I got mixed up.

THEKEVINBRAND
10-12-2011, 01:30 PM
I have a love for the 50's style dresses so that was a large part of it
also I would love to see Valets make a comeback, especially since WWE seems dead-set on hiring models all the damn time anyway

sucks that Cherry is too busy being a mom right now....
from what i've seen in her recent pictures, she's got bigger jugs
http://www.pwpix.net/superstars/c/cherry/gallery/photoscans/1/gallery1/051.jpg

Tommy Thunder
10-12-2011, 01:32 PM
sucks that Cherry is too busy being a mom right now....
from what i've seen in her recent pictures, she's got bigger jugs
http://www.pwpix.net/superstars/c/cherry/gallery/photoscans/1/gallery1/051.jpg

Shit! Is that her? In that case, she can stay at home as a mom lol!

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 01:43 PM
ok, just a couple more
http://www.newsgab.com/attachments/celebrity-pictures/86979d1198009703-kara-cherry-drew-wwe-diva-sweet-salty-wwe-com-shoot-cherry-sweetandsalty-7.jpg

http://mywwefanpage21.weebly.com/uploads/1/7/6/3/1763206/2291507_orig.jpg

THEKEVINBRAND
10-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Shit! Is that her? In that case, she can stay at home as a mom lol!

LOL that's what happens when you stop wrestling and working out

the-rocks-stunner
10-12-2011, 02:51 PM

tna kickstarts careers or in his case re-kick
Roode (future wwe talent)
Storm (future wwe talent)
AJ Styles (future wwe talent)
Crimson (future wwe talent)
MANY MORE!

the-rocks-stunner
10-12-2011, 02:53 PM
It's funny that more people probably know Zack Ryder or Santino than Aj styles though. How do you measure success? Personally, i'd say money and world wide fame is what MOST wrestlers aim for. So regardless of the character, even being "fucked up" in WWE is probably more successful than being main event TNA in some aspects.

Crack 'em in da Mouth was a good finisher, especially with more "realism" being wanted in WWE right now.

read up tna is like a better fcw

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 02:55 PM
MANY MORE!

do you have any examples of former TNA talent (not named CM Punk, since he really came through ROH) that have made it to a consistent main event status in WWE?

the-rocks-stunner
10-12-2011, 02:57 PM
do you have any examples of former TNA talent (not named CM Punk, since he really came through ROH) that have made it to a consistent main event status in WWE?

AJ styles in 2-5 years
all of the above there's no one now but them 4 will be in the future
Samoa Joe aswell!

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 03:04 PM
AJ styles in 2-5 years
all of the above there's no one now but them 4 will be in the future
Samoa Joe aswell!

so you are predicting the future based on a lack of current trend?
coolness

the-rocks-stunner
10-12-2011, 03:13 PM
so you are predicting the future based on a lack of current trend?
coolness

it's worked the last two years i've been predicting so yeah i expect 3 out of 4 to be main eventers in 2-5 years!

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 03:17 PM
it's worked the last two years i've been predicting so yeah i expect 3 out of 4 to be main eventers in 2-5 years!

Please, tell me more of what predictions you made about whom in the last few years would make the main event in WWE?

the-rocks-stunner
10-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Please, tell me more of what predictions you made about whom in the last few years would make the main event in WWE?

you're getting the wrong end of the stick i'm not saying their are tna talent main eventing wwe i'm saying tna's talent in the future will be big in wwe tna is only 10 years old hasn't had enough time or talent main eventing wwe

my prediction's are not related to tna in any way shape or form

THEKEVINBRAND
10-12-2011, 03:31 PM
So tell me oh wise one, which former TNA star has become World Champion in WWE? oh that's right none!

the-rocks-stunner
10-12-2011, 03:33 PM
So tell me oh wise one, which former TNA star has become World Champion in WWE? oh that's right none!

read properly i don't imply that + i don't mean to come off as a wise 50year old wrestling fan just saying 4 guys who show promise could make it big in wwe jeez!

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 03:41 PM
you're getting the wrong end of the stick i'm not saying their are tna talent main eventing wwe i'm saying tna's talent in the future will be big in wwe tna is only 10 years old hasn't had enough time or talent main eventing wwe

my prediction's are not related to tna in any way shape or form

I've got what you are saying, you are saying that all the guys you listed earlier

MANY MORE!
will be in the WWE.... I am merely asking where you are getting this idea from? There is no history of TNA talent doing particularly well in WWE, usually they get either a fast push that vanishes (Gail Kim) or they get to hang around and job to everyone until they hopefully get put with a former world champ (R-Truth)
ROH seems to treat former TNA talent much better, where WWE has a history of burying guys who make a name for themselves outside of their system. Even their own talent that leaves and spends some time in TNA gets the shaft when they come back (Christian) though sometimes the fan love is strong enough to give them some semblance of a legit push (Jeff Hardy)

The one and only exception to this that I have seen is CM Punk, so I don't see why the guys on top of TNA would want to leave anytime soon, unless they really want to job all over the world.

the-rocks-stunner
10-12-2011, 03:44 PM
I've got what you are saying, you are saying that all the guys you listed earlier

will be in the WWE.... I am merely asking where you are getting this idea from? There is no history of TNA talent doing particularly well in WWE, usually they get either a fast push that vanishes (Gail Kim) or they get to hang around and job to everyone until they hopefully get put with a former world champ (R-Truth)
ROH seems to treat former TNA talent much better, where WWE has a history of burying guys who make a name for themselves outside of their system. Even their own talent that leaves and spends some time in TNA gets the shaft when they come back (Christian) though sometimes the fan love is strong enough to give them some semblance of a legit push (Jeff Hardy)

The one and only exception to this that I have seen is CM Punk, so I don't see why the guys on top of TNA would want to leave anytime soon, unless they really want to job all over the world.

there's always a first time and still tna is still very young... just look at wcw in the early-mid nineties no wwe champions skip forward to early 2000's to now there's quite a few

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 03:47 PM
there's always a first time and still tna is still very young... just look at wcw in the early-mid nineties no wwe champions skip forward to early 2000's to now there's quite a few

Yes... because WCW stopped existing
that's a bit different

the-rocks-stunner
10-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Yes... because WCW stopped existing
that's a bit different

yeah but all i'm saying is 4 talents in tna could be main eventers (tag team champs (if they fix the division), world or wwe champion's) the funny thing is i don't even like tna as a product just see past that and look to the talent

back on topic domino would get more tv talent if he joined tna than wwe

CobraNightviper
10-12-2011, 04:03 PM
I think so too you probably get paid more jobbing in wwe then being a midcarder in tna.

Rilla
10-12-2011, 04:34 PM
I hope he goes back to WWE.

I heard, Duece, I believe it was, won't come back to WWE.

BC777
10-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Definetly WWE

Bralon23
10-12-2011, 10:13 PM

Not to turn this into a WWE vs. TNA war, I like both of them, but TNA doesn't really have the best history of pushing their talent to the moon either. I've seen plenty of guys that deserved to be in the spotlight more fade into obscurity. Guys like Jay Lethal, Petey Williams, Michael Shane, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Monty Brown, and I'm sure there are more. Both companies live in the moment with their talent and what I mean by that is that they have a 'What have you done for me lately?' attitude. They don't want to take time to develop characters because we don't want to take time to invest in long term feuds. Every week we're complaining about how a storyline isn't panning out the right way, or how it didn't go the way we wanted this week, so we're not going to watch the next week. I remember when a potential storyline could last for up to a year, but we as fans just aren't patient. We're living for now, so in return both companies are doing things to get away from long term ideas. In return we get multiple week title reigns, short feuds, and disappearing characters, who don't seem to have caught the interest of the majority.

Just look at the Immortal storyline. Yeah sometimes it sucks and it seems like they do ridiculous things, like have Kennedy go against them, then join, then go against them the next week. You guys call it the Russo Swerve, but they're really trying to play into the do something to catch their attention now phase that we wrestling fans are in. Therefore, they make dumb, unsensible decisions every week. We can't have it both ways.

Sorry for the long tangent. The point I'm trying to make is that no matter where this guy ends up going, no matter how good he is, what's probably going to end up happening is that the majority won't like him and he'll be another future endeavored guy that everyone swears should have been the next world champion.

Iron Ape
10-12-2011, 10:27 PM
I think so too you probably get paid more jobbing in wwe then being a midcarder in tna.
"So and so should go to TNA and shine like a crazy diamond! The good folks there don't waste time by dwelling on six figure pay-outs and other such silliness- they focus on the important stuff, like sharing fictitious titles and stuff!"

I swear, I'll never understand this sort of logic.

BlazersDozen
10-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Hey now guys...Ron Killings was burried by John Cena, but he was in a WWE title match!