PDA

View Full Version : WWE has a new Batista

IrkenInvader
10-11-2010, 10:12 PM
He made his debut at a Raw live event in a match againt Zack Ryder. This G\guy looks just like Batista.
Here are some pics. http://www.wzronline.com/wrestling-news/photos-wwes-mason-rayne-batista-look-a-like.html
Have any of you seen this guy wrestle?

SilverGhost
10-11-2010, 10:14 PM
That guy scared me since he does look like Batista. I bet in a years time he will be in WWE's programming if Sheffield doesn't take the powerhouse role.

Robstar
10-11-2010, 10:17 PM
I saw that dude, he does look a lot like him - I'm surprised they aren't selling him as his brother. On the plus side, it'd be hard to have fewer moves than The Animal, he's younger and bound to be less injury prone and doesn't come with a huge pricetag. Oh and they won't have a hard time slightly altering all the old Botchtista merchandise such as action figures...

SilverGhost
10-11-2010, 10:21 PM
I saw that dude, he does look a lot like him - I'm surprised they aren't selling him as his brother. On the plus side, it'd be hard to have fewer moves than The Animal, he's younger and bound to be less injury prone and doesn't come with a huge pricetag. Oh and they won't have a hard time slightly altering all the old Botchtista merchandise such as action figures...

HAHAHAHA dude win.....

NightWolf
10-11-2010, 10:24 PM

I know right?! Batista would even injure his nipple if it were possible. But this should be sold off as Batistas brother, and could debut in the WWE in a revenge for Batistas loss kind of role against Cena. Insta-main event right there. But then again I am speaking completely out of my head with out acknowledging how he performs in the ring. Anybody have any of his matches laying around?

SilverGhost
10-11-2010, 10:27 PM
I know right?! Batista would even injure his nipple if it were possible. But this should be sold off as Batistas brother, and could debut in the WWE in a revenge for Batistas loss kind of role against Cena. Insta-main event right there. But then again I am speaking completely out of my head with out acknowledging how he performs in the ring. Anybody have any of his matches laying around?

Too quick to push a noob there buddy.

NightWolf
10-11-2010, 10:30 PM

I really have to stop doing that. SHAME ON ME!

Robstar
10-11-2010, 10:32 PM

Wouldn't be the first time.

And NightWolf - injure his nipple - classic! I actually laughed out loud not just lol'd

SilverGhost
10-11-2010, 10:32 PM
I really have to stop doing that. SHAME ON ME!

Wesker says: Don't do that. Only those with superior DNA will wrestle in the WWE.

IrkenInvader
10-11-2010, 10:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txfWE7jVxKQ
Thats the first thing that came up when I googled him, real name Barri Griffith.

IrkenInvader
10-11-2010, 10:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txfWE7jVxKQ
Thats the first thing that came up when I googled him, real name Barri Griffith.

Just finished watching, Barri used an Argentine Backreaker as a submission finisher.

NightWolf
10-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Just finished watching, Barri used an Argentine Backreaker as a submission finisher.

That reaked of awesomeness.

IrkenInvader
10-11-2010, 10:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu2wfMvsnlI&NR=1
First promo that I found. Its an episode of "The Aksana Show"

cetotheizzo
10-12-2010, 12:24 AM
He can't be any worse then Batista and atleast he is younger.

Tha Crows Nest
10-12-2010, 01:31 AM
I watched the video I kinda liked him basically using the torture rack as a finish. I havent seen that in a while but he defenitly looked green and he has some work to do thats for sure although Richie didnt look to good either so who knows what he could pull out wit a better opponenet.

Kashdinero
10-12-2010, 06:25 AM
I thought richie was alright (in a not such a cookie cutter type of way). Mason looks green but he moves waaaayyy better than Batista did when he was leviathan in OVW. Dave may have had the look but he was sooooo bad. This guy looks the part. Can't wait for him to appear on tv (sd I hope).

AndyWonder
10-12-2010, 08:28 AM
His FCW name is Mason Ryan. Did he get a name change in the RAW event? I'm assuming he's gonna when he gets to the main roster.

Tommy Thunder
10-12-2010, 12:22 PM
I know Barri on a personal level!! I live not too far from him (in Wales) and know him quite well!! He is a very down to earth guy and a true gentleman (unlike big Dave), and he wasn't roiding before he went to the US (in january), and hopefully he hasn't started since crossing over the pond. He does need a lot of work in the ring though before he is shoved on tv. But honestly, I think he has great potential to be a powerhouse in WWE.

Ruggy
10-12-2010, 12:27 PM
I'm not sure the civilized world is ready for "another" Batista... Give me strength....

Robstar
10-12-2010, 12:28 PM
I know Barri on a personal level!! I live not too far from him (in Wales) and know him quite well!! He is a very down to earth guy and a true gentleman (unlike big Dave), and he wasn't roiding before he went to the US (in january), and hopefully he hasn't started since crossing over the pond. He does need a lot of work in the ring though before he is shoved on tv. But honestly, I think he has great potential to be a powerhouse in WWE.

So he's Welsh? Geez, anyone would think WWE was aiming at opening a franchise/brand in the UK. Either that or Vince lost a bet with the Queen. I must say I'm a bit surprised that with all the talent in Mexico and Japan they have really seemed to concentrate on getting more workers from the UK. But Vince likes his wrestlers on the big side and your best place for that is there I guess.

Tommy Thunder
10-12-2010, 10:08 PM
So he's Welsh? Geez, anyone would think WWE was aiming at opening a franchise/brand in the UK. Either that or Vince lost a bet with the Queen. I must say I'm a bit surprised that with all the talent in Mexico and Japan they have really seemed to concentrate on getting more workers from the UK. But Vince likes his wrestlers on the big side and your best place for that is there I guess.

Does it really matter where he's from? The quality of the talent is more important in my opinion. WWE has a lot of talent from Mexico and thereabouts. They have Rey Mysterio, Alberto del Rio, Primo and Tito Colon, Hunico. It doeson't matter where the talent is from, it's more to do with whether they have the ability to succeed at the top level, and Barri will be top notch after some work with WWE trainers. He's a very dedicated guy, and he's promised to become a top name in the wrestling industry. He despises Rob Terry (because of his steroids use), and aims to be the first Welsh World Champion in history, and I think he will succeed. He has the ability, so I just hope WWE give him the chance.

Kid_Gangsta
10-12-2010, 10:25 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/4tmvph.gif Holy... he does look like Batista. He also resembles Justin Gabriel in the face.

IrkenInvader
11-05-2010, 04:12 PM
He has started wrestling more dark matches, this time hes with smackdown in Belfast wrestling Tyler Reks.

NightWolf
11-05-2010, 04:16 PM
He has started wrestling more dark matches, this time hes with smackdown in Belfast wrestling Tyler Reks.

I would rather see more of Tyler Reks versus seeing Batista 2.0.

SilverGhost
11-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Oh he will be on TV in a matter of months.

NightWolf
11-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Oh he will be on TV in a matter of months.

I sure hope not.

SilverGhost
11-05-2010, 04:18 PM
I sure hope not.

Dude this is WWE we are talking about. That hope is gone.

SaberToothTigerz
11-05-2010, 04:27 PM
i saw his match and i personally think he sucks harder than botchista

Mr. McMahon
11-05-2010, 04:27 PM

Wade Barrett

SilverGhost
11-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Wade Barrett

http://www.eyesofenhance.com/resources/hater.jpeg

Barrett has earned his push.

SilverGhost
11-05-2010, 05:15 PM
i saw his match and i personally think he sucks harder than botchista

If he can do this.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGOKAVPYZOw
He may have a shot.

SaberToothTigerz
11-05-2010, 05:16 PM
http://www.eyesofenhance.com/resources/hater.jpeg

Barrett has earned his push.

I dont hate barrett but his hair style sure looks like my grandfather's when he was alive and young.

Iron Ape
11-05-2010, 05:20 PM
This is as exciting as finding out there's going to be a new Big Momma's House movie.

SilverGhost
11-05-2010, 05:26 PM
I dont hate barrett but his hair style sure looks like my grandfather's when he was alive and young.

Lol the hair.

Remember in FCW, he changed gimmicks. I am going to admit that his hairtstyle fits him well. Barrett's gimmick=classy.

Iron Ape
11-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Lol the hair.

Remember in FCW, he changed gimmicks. I am going to admit that his hairtstyle fits him well. Barrett's gimmick=classy.

Wade Barrett = Jim Halpert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCVEnP6G28I

SaberToothTigerz
11-05-2010, 05:35 PM
If he can do this.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGOKAVPYZOw
He may have a shot.

lmao wasnt he supposed to be hated?

SilverGhost
11-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Wade Barrett = Jim Halpert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCVEnP6G28I

Hell yeah!

Good guy that pisses you off!

SilverGhost
11-05-2010, 05:36 PM
lmao wasnt he supposed to be hated?

That time he was a heel so yeah.

Iron Ape
11-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Hell yeah!

Good guy that pisses you off!

They've got the same classy haircut, too.

Mr. McMahon
11-05-2010, 07:38 PM
barrett and successful? haha he can't cleanly win a match and lost all the important matches he has been in.

Iron Ape
11-05-2010, 07:47 PM
barrett and successful? haha he can't cleanly win a match and lost all the important matches he has been in.

Wrestling is not real.

Bodom
11-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Wrestling is not real.

Its still real to me dammit!!!!!

Iron Ape
11-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Off Topic, but you guys have to check out the comments section of Ryan's story about Kendrick's 9/11 theories. It's hilarious.

Bodom
11-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Off Topic, but you guys have to check out the comments section of Ryan's story about Kendrick's 9/11 theories. It's hilarious.

All of the comments on the main site are a joke

IrkenInvader
11-05-2010, 08:10 PM

Me too
On topic new Batista will be better than old Batista, John Cena and Goldust combined.

Iron Ape
11-05-2010, 08:34 PM
All of the comments on the main site are a joke

Pretty much. Though I must admit to secretly hoping that that Umar Sattar guy would find his way over here, just for the yuks. His TNA fandom knows no bounds.

Bodom
11-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Pretty much. Though I must admit to secretly hoping that that Umar Sattar guy would find his way over here, just for the yuks. His TNA fandom knows no bounds.

Excellent. I could use a good laugh, I hate fanbois

Iron Ape
11-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Excellent. I could use a good laugh, I hate fanbois

He thought Bound For Glory was a wrestling masterpiece.

Bodom
11-05-2010, 08:58 PM

Bound For Glory is the reason why I refuse to watch TNA anymore.

Iron Ape
11-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Bound For Glory is the reason why I refuse to watch TNA anymore.

Umar would think you're nuts, only it would read just like this:

"Bodom uR nutz man TNA is best3st wrestlin organismization in da wrld., WWW.E as PG like stpid P1xar movees that noone likez."

Bodom
11-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Umar would think you're nuts, only it would read just like this:

"Bodom uR nutz man TNA is best3st wrestlin organismization in da wrld., WWW.E as PG like stpid P1xar movees that noone likez."

Im so sorry you had to type that

Iron Ape
11-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Im so sorry you had to type that

Me, too, man. Me, too. :(

SilverGhost
11-06-2010, 01:08 AM

My IQ just dropped.

SilverGhost
11-06-2010, 01:19 AM

Please revise this statement and look at what Iron Ape said.

SaberToothTigerz
11-06-2010, 06:58 AM

sorry guys but that fatso who was crying was faking it i have evidence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBA86Hd1Ltc

Bodom
11-06-2010, 07:04 AM
It's still real to me dammit!!!!!

SaberToothTigerz
11-06-2010, 07:42 AM
It's still real to me dammit!!!!!

ok if u say so =(
but the world of wrestling is one big inside job kiddo

SilverGhost
11-06-2010, 09:02 AM
ok if u say so =(
but the world of wrestling is one big inside job kiddo

The only thing real in wrestling are botches and accidents xD

SaberToothTigerz
11-06-2010, 09:07 AM
The only thing real in wrestling are botches and accidents xD

awesome way to go back on topic.
*claps hands*
here's to our moderator silverghost

Bodom
11-06-2010, 09:08 AM
What he does best. F'n killjoy

SilverGhost
11-06-2010, 09:09 AM
awesome way to go back on topic.
*claps hands*
here's to our moderator silverghost

Lol

I guess as long as Mason Ryan is concerned.....HE SHOULDN'T MIMICK BATISTA'S MOVE SET AT ALL!

Bodom
11-06-2010, 09:13 AM
Lol

I guess as long as Mason Ryan is concerned.....HE SHOULDN'T MIMICK BATISTA'S MOVE SET AT ALL!

All 2 moves of it?

SaberToothTigerz
11-06-2010, 09:13 AM
Lol

who knos..
his torture rack could still be his wwe finisher but i think a big guy like him could use a electric chair drop do u know what that move is?

Bodom
11-06-2010, 09:15 AM
Meh, not really a move a crowd could pop for.

SilverGhost
11-06-2010, 09:17 AM
who knos..
his torture rack could still be his wwe finisher but i think a big guy like him could use a electric chair drop do u know what that move is?

Yeah I know it. Just don't give that man a powerbomb. For some reason, I see Mason with the Derailer.

SaberToothTigerz
11-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Yeah I know it. Just don't give that man a powerbomb. For some reason, I see Mason with the Derailer.

nice one btw how tall is that guy? if i remember batista was 6'6

SilverGhost
11-06-2010, 09:21 AM
nice one btw how tall is that guy? if i remember batista was 6'6

Apperantly....the same height. 6'6"

IrkenInvader
11-06-2010, 10:01 AM
Apperantly....the same height. 6'6"

Wikipedia says 6'6, 280lbs or 20st

The Brown One
12-31-2010, 06:55 PM
bump

This is a scary comparison of how alike they actually are:

Mason Ryan
http://i69.servimg.com/u/f69/14/89/95/92/barri613.jpg

Batista
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/Bios/batista.jpg

Theyr'e just about the same height and weight too..so he could really be billed as Batistas son, or brother or some relation. People wouldn't believe that these 2 weren't related if they saw him.

Rich Cranium
12-31-2010, 07:01 PM
Are they just billed at 6'6 cause HBK had a convo with Batista in the ring and said he was 6'0 and Batista was 6'5.

SilverGhost
12-31-2010, 07:02 PM
bump

This is a scary comparison of how alike they actually are:

Mason Ryan
http://i69.servimg.com/u/f69/14/89/95/92/barri613.jpg

Batista
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/Bios/batista.jpg

Theyr'e just about the same height and weight too..so he could really be billed as Batistas son, or brother or some relation. People wouldn't believe that these 2 weren't related if they saw him.

Thats if he kept the Batista look.

RevolutionIcon
12-31-2010, 07:25 PM
You guys seriously think people wouldn't accept that they aren't related?

They are clearly not the same ethnicity whatsoever at all no sorry.

And chubby cheeks here only looks like Mr. I Hate You Too(which is hilarious), because the picture is fucking red. They do not look alike, in the one photo fine, but if that was video it wouldn't be so comparitive.

The Brown One
12-31-2010, 08:47 PM

And chubby cheeks here only looks like Mr. I Hate You Too(which is hilarious), because the picture is fucking red. They do not look alike, in the one photo fine, but if that was video it wouldn't be so comparitive.

They don't have to have the exact same skin tone. Its called a tan :P I just watched a few videos of young Mason Ryan, and compared his skin tone to that of Batistas. Masons is pinker, but there could be a simple explanation for that(besides the obvious ethnicity difference): Mason Ryan got a tan.

SilverGhost
12-31-2010, 09:51 PM
They don't have to have the exact same skin tone. Its called a tan :P I just watched a few videos of young Mason Ryan, and compared his skin tone to that of Batistas. Masons is pinker, but there could be a simple explanation for that(besides the obvious ethnicity difference): Mason Ryan got a tan.

I still haven't seen Mason Ryan in the ring....

Bodom
12-31-2010, 10:00 PM
I still haven't seen Mason Ryan in the ring....

If the doppleganger is anything like the original.......I'm guessing not very good.

SilverGhost
12-31-2010, 10:10 PM
If the doppleganger is anything like the original.......I'm guessing not very good.

That much I remember that we discussed about. All I know is that he has the Torture Rack as a finisher. He should add some more to that move though thats what I think.

skip to 2:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1UVkSZBQVs

IrkenInvader
12-31-2010, 11:26 PM

Kane and Taker don't look alike. People still accept that.

The Brown One
01-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Brothers, cousins, whatever, don't have to look alike in the least to still be related. I don't see why they can't pull this off.

Bodom
01-01-2011, 12:27 AM
Brothers, cousins, whatever, don't have to look alike in the least to still be related. I don't see why they can't pull this off.

Question is. Why would they want to bill Mason as a relative of The Animal?

If they ever would.

The Brown One
01-01-2011, 12:33 AM
I'm assuming that they haven't planned anything for him just yet. Its a longshot, but I would really like to see him billed as a relative of the Animal.

SilverGhost
01-01-2011, 12:36 AM
I'm assuming that they haven't planned anything for him just yet. Its a longshot, but I would really like to see him billed as a relative of the Animal.

I doubt it. What is his current look? That "Batista" look is his old look.

tittle97
01-01-2011, 12:37 AM
Having a new guy that looks like Batista is one thing, having a new guy that is "related" to Batista is something even worse. YAWN* I could see VKM thinking it is great though and play off the heat Dave had before he left. Like having lil Batista complaining that the WWE UNIVERSE took his brother/cousin/uncle for granted.

Necroyeti
01-01-2011, 12:45 AM
Dunno why y'all think his gimmick will be a Batista relative. Yes, he looks a bit like a Batista/Lance Storm doppleganger.... But he talks with a really thick, goofy-sounding Welsh accent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu2wfMvsnlI
Starts talking around 1:20

tittle97
01-01-2011, 12:47 AM
EVEN BETTER!!!!!!!!!!! WELSHMAN BATISTA! wowee

Necroyeti
01-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Also, only slightly related to the topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3m8os4hecQ

Bodom
01-01-2011, 12:50 AM

This is the greatest thing I'v seen all year....so far

SilverGhost
01-01-2011, 12:51 AM
Now that is being himself! I have never heard a Welsh accent before. I am glad that EWN is worldwide!

SilverGhost
01-01-2011, 12:55 AM
also, only slightly related to the topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3m8os4hecq

haahhahahhahahlolwtfbbq!!!

IrkenInvader
01-01-2011, 12:59 AM

Someone needs to use that as their EWNCW theme!

Bodom
01-01-2011, 01:03 AM
Someone needs to use that as their EWNCW theme!

IPITS has a theme song now.

The Brown One
01-01-2011, 01:58 AM
That is one hell of a way to start off the new year.

SaberToothTigerz
01-01-2011, 01:02 PM
mason ryan in ring skills suck but maybe he wont dissapoint us that much
if he can draw good heat then he deserves all the rights to be pushed
he has the looks wwe seeks in young wrestlers.

Bennyladd1
01-03-2011, 04:26 PM

nice, im from wales too, when do u think he will debut?

SilverGhost
01-03-2011, 04:33 PM

He had some dark matches in Raw or SD, not sure which but it may be close.

SaberToothTigerz
01-03-2011, 06:13 PM
i dunno y but im thrilled to c how he will be once he arrives there.

The Brown One
01-03-2011, 07:12 PM
I would like to see him on Smackdown. Zeke vs Mason anyone?

SilverGhost
01-03-2011, 07:46 PM
I would like to see him on Smackdown. Zeke vs Mason anyone?

Mason Ryan vs Drew McIntyre

These two can help build each other up.

The Brown One
01-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Mason Ryan vs Drew McIntyre

These two can help build each other up.

Ah 2 foreigners going at it. I like it!

SilverGhost
01-04-2011, 07:47 PM
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6601/masonryan1.jpg

I guess that is a close current pic of him.

Anyways, he does look like he would make an impact in the WWE. I am happy that international wrestlers are being used.

Rich Cranium
01-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Mason vs Jackson Andrews FTW!

The Brown One
01-04-2011, 10:15 PM
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6601/masonryan1.jpg

I guess that is a close current pic of him.

Anyways, he does look like he would make an impact in the WWE. I am happy that international wrestlers are being used.

Now if they get a great Aussie in there, Rob will be very happy :D

Rich Cranium
01-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Now if they get a great Aussie in there, Rob will be very happy :D

Someone call Nathan Jones!

SilverGhost
01-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Someone call Nathan Jones!

http://www.mmalinker.com/wiki/images/f/f3/Nj.jpg

He could have been big in the WWE. Unfortunately, illness was a factor.

Tommy Thunder
01-05-2011, 05:52 PM

Cool. He's set to debut any time now I think. Apparently WWE want to utilize the fact that he looks like Batista, and he's expected to receive a huge push apparently.

Tommy Thunder
01-05-2011, 05:53 PM
http://www.mmalinker.com/wiki/images/f/f3/Nj.jpg

He could have been big in the WWE. Unfortunately, illness was a factor.

Nathan Jones was a beast!! I was gutted he left, he could have been huge like you said.

SilverGhost
01-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Cool. He's set to debut any time now I think. Apparently WWE want to utilize the fact that he looks like Batista, and he's expected to receive a huge push apparently.

He looks more like Lance Storm now than Batista but he is what Vince loves, a muscle guy.

Tommy Thunder
01-05-2011, 07:24 PM
He looks more like Lance Storm now than Batista but he is what Vince loves, a muscle guy.

He looks like Lance Storm now? Really?! Let's just hope he's as

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0BzhSzqIhs

SilverGhost
01-05-2011, 08:50 PM
He looks like Lance Storm now? Really?! Let's just hope he's as

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0BzhSzqIhs

http://www.fcwwrestling.info/images/talent/mason_ryan.jpg

IrkenInvader
08-21-2011, 06:31 PM

A big push huh, I've still never seen him wrestle on TV.