PDA

View Full Version : Lesnar - One More Match?

Y2J___Y2J
10-11-2011, 06:00 PM
So with all the latest news with Lesnar and WWE coming together to have him in WWE 12
And Lesnar stating in an interview that he would wrestle one more match under the right circumstances

What does everyone think of the whole situation and the possibility of having Lesnar wrestle one more match?!

URATOOL
10-11-2011, 06:10 PM
So with all the latest news with Lesnar and WWE coming together to have him in WWE 12
And Lesnar stating in an interview that he would wrestle one more match under the right circumstances

What does everyone think of the whole situation and the possibility of having Lesnar wrestle one more match?!

I can't see any story that would warrant one more Lesner match. So it would just seem forced IMHO.

Tommy Thunder
10-11-2011, 06:23 PM
I can't see any story that would warrant one more Lesner match. So it would just seem forced IMHO.

Sadly, WWE doesn't really care about valid storylines anymore.
Lesnar wrestling one more match is a money-maker, so WWE would do it for that simple reason.

URATOOL
10-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Sadly, WWE doesn't really care about valid storylines anymore.
Lesnar wrestling one more match is a money-maker, so WWE would do it for that simple reason.

I know. I just don't see who they would put him in a match with. Who has a size and style that would work well with him? At least if he went to IMPACT I could see him against someone like Matt Morgan.

Tommy Thunder
10-11-2011, 06:31 PM
I know. I just don't see who they would put him in a match with. Who has a size and style that would work well with him? At least if he went to IMPACT I could see him against someone like Matt Morgan.

If they built Jack Swagger up, he could work.
Both have that amateur wrestling background, and Swagger isn't a small man at 6"6 260lbs. And Lesnar putting Swagger over would be huge for Swagger.
So I'll say Swagger, if WWe can build him up as a legit guy (which IMO they're trying to do at the moment by pairing him with Ziggler and Vickie).

URATOOL
10-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Both have that amateur wrestling background, and Swagger isn't a small man at 6"6 260lbs. And Lesnar putting Swagger over would be huge for Swagger.
So I'll say Swagger, if WWe can build him up as a legit guy (which IMO they're trying to do at the moment by pairing him with Ziggler and Vickie).

I've tried to get behind Swagger. But he just seems so flat. A Swagger singles match is pretty much on a par with a Divas match for a being piss-break worthy for me.

VanHooliganX
10-11-2011, 06:38 PM

It still really puzzles me on what happened to Swagger.
In 09 he has a PPV victory over Orton and now he's stuck in tag matches losing to Mason Ryan :S

helmsley
10-11-2011, 06:40 PM
i think that if he returns, it should be like the rocks return, to face someone already established, a very big name, so the only people i can see him wrestling if he comes back:

john cena
undertaker
orton
or the rock himself

remember the match is set to make a LOT of money, and dont really see any money in swagger vs lesnar

URATOOL
10-11-2011, 06:50 PM
i think that if he returns, it should be like the rocks return, to face someone already established, a very big name, so the only people i can see him wrestling if he comes back:

john cena
undertaker
orton
or the rock himself

remember the match is set to make a LOT of money, and dont really see any money in swagger vs lesnar

john cena - Oh please God noooooooo!
undertaker - Takers not likely to match it through that match alive!
orton - Maybe, but Orton would want to win and can you really see Lesnar going down via an RKO?
or the rock himself - This would (unfortunately) be the money match.

Tommy Thunder
10-11-2011, 06:59 PM

john cena
undertaker
orton
or the rock himself

I agree. Lesnar vs Swagger this year isn't a money match. But who knows where Swagger will be in 2/3/4 years time? Swagger could become a legit player in WWE in that time. Then you add the fact that they're similar in style with the amateur background. I think it would be a great match.

CGBigMan
10-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Probably a bad match
but is he to end the streak?

Viperfish
10-11-2011, 07:52 PM
As far as one more match, I don't think it should be Undertaker. It's a match that would definitely sell but lets face it, I don't think Taker can keep up with Lesnar at his age. Brock's known for being a very real guy, especially now in the UFC... I don't think fans would buy into it being a legitimate contest. I mean obviously it's not, it's the WWE, but just because it's entertainment, it doesn't mean that the product in the ring shouldn't look real. To me it's a mismatch at that point. As far as him ending the streak, definitely not. There's nothing for WWE to gain out of that. They can build someone's entire career off of that... why would they give it up to a guy that's only going to wrestle once?

I'd much prefer seeing Brock against a guy that can go in the ring for real. Brock vs Kurt Angle in the Iron Man Match was a phenomenal match... the stuff that dreams were made of. When you hear guys like Hogan referencing Billy Graham or guys like Foley talking about Snuka jumping off the cage as being one of the defining moments of their decision to get into wrestling; Brock vs Kurt has to be that kind of a match to people that are now training to get into the business or guys that are just breaking in, guys that watched that match and said "this is what I want to do when I grow up". I don't want to see Brock vs Undertaker or even Brock vs Austin, I want to see Brock against a guy that can get ultra physical and a guy that has the body and the conditioning to have a long lasting match. A guy like that can gain a considerable amount of 'street cred' out of a match like that with Brock, win or lose.

I'd have to agree with it being Swagger, but Swagger doesn't have the build for that kind of match. Swagger can benefit from a few squash matches, the same way that Chris Masters initially had some cred behind him when he would come out every week and issue the Master Lock Challenge to somebody from the audience and would later have a guy on the roster tap every time from it.

As far as the other things he said in that interview, I don't think it's a work about the Undertaker. If he really did come in just to be world champion and had no passion for the industry, I can see Taker taking issue with a guy like that being pushed very quickly. Taker's old school, it's about paying dues and passion for the business. Brock just wasn't that guy, the same way that Ultimate Warrior wasn't that guy when he got pushed far enough to beat Hogan for the belt at Wrestlemania. I don't think there's anything wrong with that when you're that good. Ultimate Warrior wasn't that good in the ring, Brock had amateur wrestling behind him and as big as he was he was fairly agile when he wanted to be. Brock was raw ring talent and had a great look to boot.

URATOOL
10-11-2011, 08:54 PM
I agree. Lesnar vs Swagger this year isn't a money match. But who knows where Swagger will be in 2/3/4 years time? Swagger could become a legit player in WWE in that time. Then you add the fact that they're similar in style with the amateur background. I think it would be a great match.

But in another 3-4 years would Lesnar still be reliant or in fighting shape?

wrestlingfan66513
10-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Here is the article:

"I think I will. I think under the right circumstances I will," he responds to Jon Robinson's query regarding one final WWE match. "I think if Vince McMahon and I were able to sit down at the same dinner table and break some bread that we could come up with some kind of game plan. At the end of the day, I'm an ultimate fighter. That's who I am and that's who I'll always be. I was an entertainer but at the end of the day, I'm still as real as it gets. I think a lot of things have to fall in the right places for something like that to happen."

Lesnar is asked who he would like to wrestle of talent he never had a match with; he responds "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

"Ironically it's probably the guy that walked out on me. The guy that took his ball and went home. A guy that I was supposed to face and I think that he was just plain downright scared to get in the ring with me because he was one of those guys that was on top and saw a huge threat in Brock Lesnar at the time. That's "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. I worked with everybody and anybody that was anybody there and if I came back, I think the guy that I would come back to fight is "Stone Cold" Steve Austin."

Rumors surfaced last year about Lesnar possibly facing The Undertaker at WrestleMania. He comments on how the match would have been like.

"I was a true wrestler. I was a Division I national champion. I came into the business wanting one thing and one thing only, and that was to be the champion, and I wasn't going to let anybody stand in my way. I think there was one guy that had a problem with that and that was Undertaker. If I were to have gotten in the ring with him I would have ripped his arm off and f------ beat him with it."

He really lost a lot of respect from me for those things he said. He shouldn't be put in the ring with Taker or Austin after those comments. He just comes off as disrespectful in my opinion at least Angle is respectful to the people he is in the ring with.

Tommy Thunder
10-11-2011, 09:34 PM
But in another 3-4 years would Lesnar still be reliant or in fighting shape?

Dude, Lesnar's only 34! You sound as if you think he's in his 40's!!

AOF666
10-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Don't think it will happen. Again anything can happen!

The Brown One
10-11-2011, 11:49 PM
If it does happen, we'l probably get Cena vs Lesnar. Why? Its a money match.

BackYardWrestler
10-12-2011, 03:12 AM
LESNAR v PUNK!

Dierdorf
10-12-2011, 03:21 AM
What about Mason Ryan?

URATOOL
10-12-2011, 03:41 AM
What about Mason Ryan?

No. Because either Lesner would destroy him. Which would screw up the Ryan push. Or he'd beat Lesner. Which would just be unrealistic. Ryan has a future. But he's not a legend killer status yet.

daverende5
10-12-2011, 04:08 AM
I vote no confidence

jethro
10-12-2011, 04:42 AM
I want to see Lesnar against someone he never wrestle in WWE - John Cena

And Lesnar come back as a heel.

TheDevilsAdvocate
10-12-2011, 05:07 AM
Brock Lesnar already fought AND feuded with John Cena back in 2003. That is nothing new. If Lesnar came back then he would probably face Mark Henry or Big Show(again). You have to think about how dominating Brock Lesnar was during his run with the WWE. Nobody currently in the WWE can take him out, and he would refuse to fight with 'Taker again. Oh what I would have given to see Sean O'haire still in shape an with the WWE. Sean O'haire vs. Brock Lesnar would have been a REAL money match.

Y2Jryder
10-12-2011, 05:53 AM
No. Because either Lesner would destroy him. Which would screw up the Ryan push. Or he'd beat Lesner. Which would just be unrealistic. Ryan has a future. But he's not a legend killer status yet.

What are you thinking? do you think he he will have a match this year or what?? Maybe when lesnar shows up Ryan is already a legit player.

Tomsta666
10-12-2011, 05:59 AM
I never watched WWE (at all) during the Lesnar era, but I hear he was a bit of a beast!

steveorton
10-12-2011, 07:56 AM
I never really cared for Lesnar. I wouldn't even be excited if he came back imo. The other question is who he will face I guess the best bet should be against WWE's Apex Predator Randy Orton. Last thing he's gotten much smaller.

maar13
10-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Here is the article:

"I think I will. I think under the right circumstances I will," he responds to Jon Robinson's query regarding one final WWE match. "I think if Vince McMahon and I were able to sit down at the same dinner table and break some bread that we could come up with some kind of game plan. At the end of the day, I'm an ultimate fighter. That's who I am and that's who I'll always be. I was an entertainer but at the end of the day, I'm still as real as it gets. I think a lot of things have to fall in the right places for something like that to happen."

Lesnar is asked who he would like to wrestle of talent he never had a match with; he responds "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

"Ironically it's probably the guy that walked out on me. The guy that took his ball and went home. A guy that I was supposed to face and I think that he was just plain downright scared to get in the ring with me because he was one of those guys that was on top and saw a huge threat in Brock Lesnar at the time. That's "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. I worked with everybody and anybody that was anybody there and if I came back, I think the guy that I would come back to fight is "Stone Cold" Steve Austin."

Rumors surfaced last year about Lesnar possibly facing The Undertaker at WrestleMania. He comments on how the match would have been like.

"I was a true wrestler. I was a Division I national champion. I came into the business wanting one thing and one thing only, and that was to be the champion, and I wasn't going to let anybody stand in my way. I think there was one guy that had a problem with that and that was Undertaker. If I were to have gotten in the ring with him I would have ripped his arm off and f------ beat him with it."

He really lost a lot of respect from me for those things he said. He shouldn't be put in the ring with Taker or Austin after those comments. He just comes off as disrespectful in my opinion at least Angle is respectful to the people he is in the ring with.

The issue there is that in fact, Austin didn't wrestled Lesnar because he was scheduled to lose, so he didn't show up and got fired. And the last time they were in the ring was for the WM 20 match in which people actually took Austin's side instead of His side or Goldberg's.

Also Lesnar has estated in other interviews he has a legit beef with Taker, rumor was that Lesnar had a very big ego during his WWE tenure, and way more at the end in which he was fed up. Rumor was that Taker said he will humble him after WM 20, not meaning hee will bury him but will make him work for the push he was given and put him over that way. But Lesnar was legit fed up and wanted out right after No Way Out, right after droppiing the tittle to Eddie Guerrero.

The think is everyone is discarting Taker because of his age and injuries but we are talking about a guy who is willing to destroy himself even if it is only once a year (which has only happened this year), He had been in very, ver physical matches while being injured. I mean I know Taker is not in 2007-2008 shape before th einjuries but come on, if the money is ther, that man even if he doesn't like Lesnar would be willing ot put himself out there and made Brock look like a thousand bucks, just lie he did every time they wrestled.

Personallly would like to see that one or Lesnar VS HHH, the closest we got to that was when they fought in a Triple threat match with the Rock at a Global Warning tour in 2002.

jordan1995
10-12-2011, 09:44 AM
I want to see Lesnar against someone he never wrestle in WWE - John Cena

And Lesnar come back as a heel.

he did wrestle cena in wwe

Rich Cranium
10-12-2011, 09:51 AM
he did wrestle cena in wwe

Indeed he did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi6i2Gl03nU

bladesyGTS
10-12-2011, 09:57 AM
how about Lesnar vs Big show... thinking about it now, wont be a good idea

but Lesnar vs Mark Henry may work, both HUGE and with the push Henry's getting at the moment, may work

Rich Cranium
10-12-2011, 10:05 AM
how about Lesnar vs Big show... thinking about it now, wont be a good idea

but Lesnar vs Mark Henry may work, both HUGE and with the push Henry's getting at the moment, may work

He faced Big Show before when the ring collapsed.

steveorton
10-12-2011, 10:52 AM
One question for the EWN did Brock Lesnar ever put anyone over? I knew he dropped the title to Gurrero but I just can't remember this guy putting over anyone.

Y2Jryder
10-12-2011, 01:44 PM
One question for the EWN did Brock Lesnar ever put anyone over? I knew he dropped the title to Gurrero but I just can't remember this guy putting over anyone. I don't know but why should he have to put someone over? wasn't he only 2-3 years in the WWF? he was only 27 when he left

steveorton
10-12-2011, 01:49 PM
I don't know but why should he have to put someone over? wasn't he only 2-3 years in the WWF? he was only 27 when he left

My point is he only wanted to win (Against The Rock, Hogan, Taker, Show, Angle, Cena,etc.). Now he wants to come back Dude left the business high and dry and didn't give a f-ck about anyone else but himself imo. He should have at least put over some wrestlers.

Excuse the profanity:)

Y2Jryder
10-12-2011, 02:15 PM
My point is he only wanted to win (Against The Rock, Hogan, Taker, Show, Angle, Cena,etc.). Now he wants to come back Dude left the business high and dry and didn't give a f-ck about anyone else but himself imo. He should have at least put over some wrestlers.

Excuse the profanity:) Maybe they let him win against these guys to build up his character to main event status? I don't know of he was so selfish that he didn't put anyone over, but it's it the writers decision whether he wins or lose ??