PDA

View Full Version : Was that one of the most detached storylines yet?

WISEGUY
10-11-2011, 04:02 PM
It just didn't make any sense what so ever. Just when WWE was having a good streak of creative storylines, they come up with with Professional Wrestlers walking out because Professional Wrestling became "to rough" and "unsafe" How are we expected to take that seriously? That's like Police Officers protesting their jobs because catching bad guys is to "dangerous". So far, I'm not feeling Larunitus (spell check) becoming GM. But who knows, I'm trying to bite my tongue and not judge this angle to quickly. We can atleast give WWE the benefit of doubt that they know what they are doing, right?

Y2Jryder
10-11-2011, 04:30 PM
I think this storyline isn't bad at all, but they should have find a better person than Laurinaitus (still can't spell his name lol) for the role as new Raw GM. His voice is terrible

Y2J___Y2J
10-11-2011, 04:33 PM
The storyline is good so far.. well I like it anyway..
And with regards to Johnny Ace.. I think his voice is a little part of why people hate him..
a.k.a helping him get serious heat

kersh
10-11-2011, 04:48 PM
im liking him, he gets genuine heat (like vickie) no matter what he was going to do he is a massive heel, he's green ill admit but still nowhere near as bad as mike adamle

plus this is only a stop gap in the story, i expect the new GM to be announced at or just after vengence,

efrum
10-11-2011, 04:51 PM
It just didn't make any sense what so ever. Just when WWE was having a good streak of creative storylines, they come up with with Professional Wrestlers walking out because Professional Wrestling became "to rough" and "unsafe" How are we expected to take that seriously? That's like Police Officers protesting their jobs because catching bad guys is to "dangerous". So far, I'm not feeling Larunitus (spell check) becoming GM. But who knows, I'm trying to bite my tongue and not judge this angle to quickly. We can atleast give WWE the benefit of doubt that they know what they are doing, right?

That's exactly what needs to be done.
Personally, I can handle the ridiculousness of the storyline - wrestlings not really about realism it just has to be enjoyable. Thus far it hasn't been for me but you never know what they might do.

The thing I really don't like about this is that they managed to spectacularly bury 55 people and compare them to broomsticks with the only people going over being the 4 guys who are the most over in the company anyway!!

Los Conquistador
10-11-2011, 04:56 PM
The storyline is good so far.. well I like it anyway..
And with regards to Johnny Ace.. I think his voice is a little part of why people hate him..
a.k.a helping him get serious heat

Cheap heat
Like jerichos top knot

Asherdelampyr
10-11-2011, 04:58 PM
to me, this story has been all over the place. I figured out a while ago that Johnny Ace would be the one shown pulling the strings to get trip fired, and it just seems like that was the route... as far as the GM situation goes, I am happy to see a GM that doesn't need a new battery every 6 hours, and am hoping that Foley comes in to replace him, hopefully dropping ace with the Mandible Claw to do so

NorbertBeaver
10-11-2011, 05:04 PM
That's exactly what needs to be done.
Personally, I can handle the ridiculousness of the storyline - wrestlings not really about realism it just has to be enjoyable. Thus far it hasn't been for me but you never know what they might do.

The thing I really don't like about this is that they managed to spectacularly bury 55 people and compare them to broomsticks with the only people going over being the 4 guys who are the most over in the company anyway!!

I really agree with your last comment there. To me it felt like a missed opportunity last week. They should have had at least one mid carderstay with HHH. We all saw the great reaction J.R got last week when people thought he was staying. If someone like A-Ry or even Dibiase had stayed behind, I believe that would have given them a great push and perhaps prepared them for more of a main event role. Instead this reaction went to the 4 people who already get great reactions.

As for the storyline itself, Im liking it. I especially love Miz and Truths crazy behaviour.

rafalafaa
10-11-2011, 06:13 PM
having laurinitrhgsuinbedufbdis as the interim GM was the logical next step. Even though I hate him, it makes sense.

Lewigie
10-11-2011, 07:32 PM
That's a fantastic comment !! They could of made someone who they've been struggling to get fans on their side like Dibiase etc. But as you said buried ALL those guys.

Imagine the crowd reaction if someone like the Usos or Mason Ryan stayed behind.

Think this angle will have a good ending though. Hope so anyways !

Reichwulf
10-11-2011, 07:36 PM
To be completely serious, i think they are making it up as they go :p

Asherdelampyr
10-11-2011, 07:42 PM

Good to see that I am not the only one getting that impression

Sydnister
10-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Good to see that I am not the only one getting that impression

Not the only one at all. Raw was painful last night. I even gave it a second change and watched it again and I have to say nothing was better the second time through.

Asherdelampyr
10-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Not the only one at all. Raw was painful last night. I even gave it a second change and watched it again and I have to say nothing was better the second time through.

it has been said that they were throwing scripts left and right, and it felt like it
missed cues, bits of story that made no damn sense, all sorts of weirdness
and what is the situation with Trip? is he or is he not still the COO?

Wade Barrett 1979
10-11-2011, 08:45 PM

This sounds like another 'Vince momemt' to me! He agrees with a story, right up until broadcast day, then changes it all on the plane journey over!! This is what happens, when you don't trust your writers!!

URATOOL
10-11-2011, 08:49 PM
It just looked like it was badly edited. With scenes missing. I'd like to see the special edition director cut. It worked for Donnie Darko.

Oh shit Raw is the live show. So it actually was that bad!!

URATOOL
10-11-2011, 08:51 PM
it has been said that they were throwing scripts left and right, and it felt like it
missed cues, bits of story that made no damn sense, all sorts of weirdness
and what is the situation with Trip? is he or is he not still the COO?

I've heard a rumour he has been fired as COO and the anon Raw GM has been promoted. ~In my best Cole voice~ "I've just had an email from the anon WWE COO."

tdp
10-12-2011, 12:41 AM
Although i'm mostly happy with the direction of the show I felt the "walkout" was way too rushed and had too many holes for me to really get into it. I do like the move with john lauranitis as coo though, good story development there, and after firing ross the guy is second in getting heat behind only vickie. I agree with some other responses on here for sure, I hate how they booked guys like cena, punk, sheamus and made all the top heels look weak.

BlazersDozen
10-12-2011, 03:15 AM
Ace is NOT COO. Triple H is still COO. Ace is just the interm GM of RAW.

IMO...the only thing holding this all together are the six heels. Rhodes, Christian, Ziggler, Swagger Miz & Killings. They've destroyed Punk's character to the point that he's happy to wear Triple H's blazer on commentary, they've made Del Rio the weakest looking heel champ on RAW since...idk sowhen & Triple H's demotion makes no sense because he's in charge of the operations but not in control of either of the overall shows? So what is he in charge of? NXT & Superstars??

URATOOL
10-12-2011, 03:19 AM
Ace is NOT COO. Triple H is still COO. Ace is just the interm GM of RAW.

IMO...the only thing holding this all together are the six heels. Rhodes, Christian, Ziggler, Swagger Miz & Killings. They've destroyed Punk's character to the point that he's happy to wear Triple H's blazer on commentary, they've made Del Rio the weakest looking heel champ on RAW since...idk sowhen & Triple H's demotion makes no sense because he's in charge of the operations but not in control of either of the overall shows? So what is he in charge of? NXT & Superstars??

So we still go back to a point I made yesterday. Trips is Ace's boss still and can therefore do what he wants with Raw and could block the rehiring of Miz and Truth. Making the storyline pointless.

ELNIOJR
10-12-2011, 05:27 AM
Relax people. Its not over yet. Laurinaitis was the key element to get Triple H stepping down. If in HHH's era we had caos and walkout, the Ace's era also gonna bring something to the table. But in the end I can see something bigger happening. Vince, Steph, Foley, I dont know.

Just watch it for effing sake...

CrowOfMurders
10-12-2011, 06:25 AM
So we still go back to a point I made yesterday. Trips is Ace's boss still and can therefore do what he wants with Raw and could block the rehiring of Miz and Truth. Making the storyline pointless.

I think the point is,HHH isn't running raw/smackdown/ anything involving the shows. He's still "COO" of the WWE,he's still a top level executive. The WWE doesn more than just put on two shows a week and tape matches for NXT and SS. It's an entire media empire that's involved in various kinds of production. The modern fan knows that. So therefore,even though HHH is still Laurinaitus' boss,he "kayfabe" isn't supposed to show up on Raw and run things. That's what I'm assuming anyway,unless they explicitly say he's fired and sitting at home. Technically speaking,he was acting as a GM for the last couple of weeks(booking matches etc.) but without a clear explanation fo what a COO's responsibilities are vs. a GMs,it's hard to know where HHH's job ends and Laurinaitus' begins.

VanHooliganX
10-12-2011, 06:28 AM
I want to see where this is going, especially at Vengeance before I say if it is good or not. It's okay for the moment.
The final minutes of HIAC saved the PPV although I doubt it'll be 1 to remember like Money in the Bank was.

K Faybe
10-12-2011, 03:05 PM
To me Raw seemed too rushed, the walkout should have lasted longer, with mid carders taking HHH's side getting a push and returning to action (he could have offered them main event matches on Raw to tempt them back)
HHH should have been being fired at the end of the show & the replacement revealed next week building momentum for the next show

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Relax people. Its not over yet. Laurinaitis was the key element to get Triple H stepping down. If in HHH's era we had caos and walkout, the Ace's era also gonna bring something to the table. But in the end I can see something bigger happening. Vince, Steph, Foley, I dont know.

Just watch it for effing sake...

at this point I would settle for someone explaining what Trip is supposed to be running now
the "just watch it, it will all make sense" idea works right up until I remember all of the other angles and stories in pro wrestling that didn't make any damn sense, and never corrected to making sense.

URATOOL
10-12-2011, 05:26 PM
at this point I would settle for someone explaining what Trip is supposed to be running now
the "just watch it, it will all make sense" idea works right up until I remember all of the other angles and stories in pro wrestling that didn't make any damn sense, and never corrected to making sense.

Exactly. I really don't care how outragous, far fetched and whacky the storylines are in wrestling. I mean lets face it, most of the 'A' era so many of the IWC worship was based on ridiculous storylines. But for God sake at least give us answers to the basics of the story! If Trips job and responsibilties have changed then WHAT THE FUCK IS HIS CURRENT ROLE AND POWERS???? It's not a hard question. Hell hand it over you the commentary team to just give us a 10 second fill in. They can say they've heard it through their headsets. I don't care how it's presented.

And yes you are right. The 'wait and see' answer is bullshit. So many times storylines or parts of them just disappear, never to be explained.

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Exactly. I really don't care how outragous, far fetched and whacky the storylines are in wrestling. I mean lets face it, most of the 'A' era so many of the IWC worship was based on ridiculous storylines. But for God sake at least give us answers to the basics of the story! If Trips job and responsibilties have changed then WHAT THE FUCK IS HIS CURRENT ROLE AND POWERS???? It's not a hard question. Hell hand it over you the commentary team to just give us a 10 second fill in. They can say they've heard it through their headsets. I don't care how it's presented.

And yes you are right. The 'wait and see' answer is bullshit. So many times storylines or parts of them just disappear, never to be explained.

maybe there will be a vote on it too?
seems to be how WWE is handling stuff they can't be bothered to figure out these days
Vince could constantly threaten to fire both GMS, does Trip have the power to fire people still? Can he fine them? Can he arrange to give Punk a title shot?

URATOOL
10-12-2011, 05:44 PM
maybe there will be a vote on it too?
seems to be how WWE is handling stuff they can't be bothered to figure out these days
Vince could constantly threaten to fire both GMS, does Trip have the power to fire people still? Can he fine them? Can he arrange to give Punk a title shot?

I still want to know when the leaving drinks have been arranged for the laptop.

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 05:47 PM
I still want to know when the leaving drinks have been arranged for the laptop.

gotta love the way they totally wrapped up who the anonymous GM was so cleanly...
wait, that was just a dream, wasn't it

URATOOL
10-12-2011, 05:51 PM
gotta love the way they totally wrapped up who the anonymous GM was so cleanly...
wait, that was just a dream, wasn't it

A fine example of why you can't just 'wait and see what happens'.

URATOOL
10-12-2011, 06:13 PM
"Just watch the storyline!" is the new "I like the storyline and it makes sense to me so stop bashing it!" I guess. I'm going to be hearing that line for a while during this storyline.

So in 6 months time when half of the 'storyline' has been abandoned with no explaination can we bump the threads with the "Just watch the storyline!" posts.

Dirtbagz
10-12-2011, 06:28 PM
I liked the way the storyline was going up until after the first segment of Raw on Monday.

When they do replace JL I think the biggest heat guy they could have is Michael Cole. Having him explain it was him all along doing the e-mails, etc.

Biggest pop would be Heyman.

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 06:37 PM
"Just watch the storyline!" is the new "I like the storyline and it makes sense to me so stop bashing it!" I guess. I'm going to be hearing that line for a while during this storyline.

yeah, basically it's like having a point, except that there is no actual point

URATOOL
10-12-2011, 07:05 PM
yeah, basically it's like having a point, except that there is no actual point

That's almost what my wife said the first time I dropped my pants.