PDA

View Full Version : WWE various news thread

THEKEVINBRAND
10-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Exciting news for all professional wrestling fans, as Mexican wrestling legend Mil Mascaras will be making an appearance on the 10/21 edition of WWE SmackDown.*
The episode will be taped this coming Sunday in Mexico City, Mexico. No other details about Mascaras's appearance have been announced at this time.

Breaking news this hour, as WrestlingNewsSource.com has just learned that former WWE & TNA star Tyson Tomko was arrested this morning and*is currently being held in St. John's Conuty Jail in Florida on a charge of robbery.
According to the website StAugustine.com, Tomko was booked at 5:36 a.m. and was given inmate number*SJSO10MNI015725.
As of this report, no information about bond (if any) has been made available

WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels will soon be releasing a new book entitled Diary of a Heartbreak Kid, which early word says may consist of journal entries that Michaels originally wrote for WWE.com. The only other details released at this time are that the book will be released in December and will be co-authored by Craig Tello

Asherdelampyr
10-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Exciting news for all professional wrestling fans, as Mexican wrestling legend Mil Mascaras will be making an appearance on the 10/21 edition of WWE SmackDown.*
The episode will be taped this coming Sunday in Mexico City, Mexico. No other details about Mascaras's appearance have been announced at this time.

Breaking news this hour, as WrestlingNewsSource.com has just learned that former WWE & TNA star Tyson Tomko was arrested this morning and*is currently being held in St. John's Conuty Jail in Florida on a charge of robbery.
According to the website StAugustine.com, Tomko was booked at 5:36 a.m. and was given inmate number*SJSO10MNI015725.
As of this report, no information about bond (if any) has been made available

WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels will soon be releasing a new book entitled Diary of a Heartbreak Kid, which early word says may consist of journal entries that Michaels originally wrote for WWE.com. The only other details released at this time are that the book will be released in December and will be co-authored by Craig Tello

1 and 3 are awesome, 2 is just sad
Tomko has to rob people to make ends meet now? sad

THEKEVINBRAND
10-11-2011, 01:21 PM

I know :/ and by the way the purpose of this thread is to discuss various topics in the WWE that are not thread worthy

Asherdelampyr
10-11-2011, 01:29 PM
I know :/ and by the way the purpose of this thread is to discuss various topics in the WWE that are not thread worthy

I was not aware of that
well, in the spirit of discussion then I think that it is awesome that Mil Mascaras will be in a WWE ring, I will def be watching.

Also Brock Lesnar is in the new WWE12 game

It's official - the only man in history to hold both the WWE and UFC Heavyweight titles - Brock Lesnar - has been confirmed as a playable character in the new WWE '12 video game.

According to our sources, THQ approached Lesnar in January and asked for permission to use his name and likeness in the game and advertising campaign. Lesnar was said to be ecstatic over the idea, but wouldn't agree to terms unless he received permission from UFC president Dana White. The outspoken mixed martial arts promoter gave Lesnar his blessing - and WWE '12 is shaping up to be a game like none other.

White told TMZ.com this week, "I love WWE and I have nothing but love for Vince McMahon -- I'm totally okay with Brock being in the game."
personally I can't help but wonder if the WWE are going to use this opportunity to bring back and sell some of Brock's old shirts from his time in the WWE, also this can set a good precedent for bringing in talent for the games that have moved on.

Y2Jryder
10-11-2011, 01:32 PM
1.) probably not been shown on tv.
2.) lol
3.) Good for him, But I don't really care

THEKEVINBRAND
10-11-2011, 01:42 PM
I was not aware of that
well, in the spirit of discussion then I think that it is awesome that Mil Mascaras will be in a WWE ring, I will def be watching.

Also Brock Lesnar is in the new WWE12 game

personally I can't help but wonder if the WWE are going to use this opportunity to bring back and sell some of Brock's old shirts from his time in the WWE, also this can set a good precedent for bringing in talent for the games that have moved on.

The trailer has been released today, since I'm on my phone I can't embed here

lewism173
10-11-2011, 01:47 PM

I really don't think he has too some people do it when they have cash but he was in wwe and tna were he must have go paid a nice bit of cash he probz got to used to that

Asherdelampyr
10-11-2011, 01:49 PM
The trailer has been released today, since I'm on my phone I can't embed here

I saw it, it's also posted on the WWE12 thread (the trailer, that is) I just hope they bring back a few of his shirts, since I was a broke teen when they first came out

Rich Cranium
10-11-2011, 01:50 PM
The robbery deal is a joke, right?

THEKEVINBRAND
10-11-2011, 01:53 PM
I saw it, it's also posted on the WWE12 thread (the trailer, that is) I just hope they bring back a few of his shirts, since I was a broke teen when they first came out

eBay? But I do hope WWE does that

Asherdelampyr
10-11-2011, 01:55 PM
eBay? But I do hope WWE does that

ok, I know this is weird, but I don't feel right wearing clothing that someone else owned

THEKEVINBRAND
10-11-2011, 02:02 PM
The robbery deal is a joke, right?

I edited the post to show his charges in full:

http://www2.sjso.org/smartweb/ViewImageFull.aspx?ecsoid=SJSO10MNI015725
TOMKO, TRAVIS DAVID (W / MALE)
Booking No: SJSO11JBN004576
Booking Date: 10/11/2011 05:36:05
Age On Booking Date: 38
Bond Amount: $0.00
CELL Assigned:
Facility: SJSO
Address Given: 314 E STREET ST AUGUSTINE BEACH FL 32080

CHARGES
STATUTE CASENO CHARGE DEGREE LEVEL BOND
812.13.2c CASE0001 (ST. JOHNS COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE) ROBBERY S F $0.00

wrestlingfan66513
10-11-2011, 02:15 PM
For the first one I see it as a dark match.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
10-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Is MasCara SinCara's father? ;)

Tyler Durden
10-11-2011, 02:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eJV6zlH3L8Q

THEKEVINBRAND
10-11-2011, 04:18 PM
ok, I know this is weird, but I don't feel right wearing clothing that someone else owned
to be honest with you, not everything is used, I usually buy my wrestling clothes on eBay brand new

Is MasCara SinCara's father? ;)
No Mil Máscaras is not related to Sin Cara but is Alberto Del Rio's uncle. His brother is Dos Caras, Sr.

Asherdelampyr
10-11-2011, 04:24 PM
to be honest with you, not everything is used, I usually buy my wrestling clothes on eBay brand new

I was not aware of that

THEKEVINBRAND
10-11-2011, 04:31 PM
I was not aware of that

just look for NWT (New With Tags)
I buy alot from this seller (http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lot-3-Random-New-Discontinued-WWE-TNA-WCW-ECW-T-shirts-/370535449940?pt=US_Solo_Sports_Fan_Shop&var=&hash=item9503d498d9)

Asherdelampyr
10-11-2011, 04:46 PM
I buy alot from this seller (http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lot-3-Random-New-Discontinued-WWE-TNA-WCW-ECW-T-shirts-/370535449940?pt=US_Solo_Sports_Fan_Shop&var=&hash=item9503d498d9)

thanks for the useful info!

Asherdelampyr
10-11-2011, 05:08 PM
This just in, Details:

The following is from TMZ.com:

A former WWE wrestler was arrested in Florida yesterday after cops say he was injecting himself with stolen pain medicine ... while hiding inside the bathroom of a local Chili's restaurant.

Tyson Tomko -- who wrestled in the WWE between 2002 and 2009 -- is accused of robbing a CVS Pharmacy on October 10th ... allegedly threatening to attack the pharmacist unless he forked over several bottles of Oxycodone.

The pharmacist claims he complied -- and Tomko escaped with 210 tablets of the powerful painkiller.

According to the police report, obtained by TMZ, Tomko went to a nearby Chili's ... where he asked his waitress for a spoon. When the server brought him a teaspoon, he asked for a "deeper spoon" ... and when he got it, he took it to the men's room ... where he remained for 30 to 40 minutes.

Cops were eventually tipped off ... and when they arrived on the scene, one officer says Tomko had "needle marks and blood running down his arm" ... and had just flushed something down the toilet.

Tomko was taken into custody -- and allegedly told police he has a "severe drug problem."

Cops say Tomko admitted he took the Oxycodone from CVS ... and injected 178 pills, which he crushed up and melted down ... but he swore he never threatened the pharmacist.

Tomko was taken to a nearby hospital ... then transported to a nearby jail, where he was booked for robbery. He's currently behind bars -- bond was set at $7,500.

THEKEVINBRAND
10-11-2011, 05:09 PM
thanks for the useful info!

no problem, and if you saw the link, the guy owns thousands of wrestling/MMA clothing! All you have to do is buy it for $20 (free shipping) and they send you 3 random shirts in your size, like the new Don West Deal on ShopTNA.com

Asherdelampyr
10-11-2011, 05:16 PM
no problem, and if you saw the link, the guy owns thousands of wrestling/MMA clothing! All you have to do is buy it for $20 (free shipping) and they send you 3 random shirts in your size, like the new Don West Deal on ShopTNA.com

yeah, I will def check his stuff out when I get off work (ebay is blocked)

THEKEVINBRAND
10-11-2011, 05:24 PM
yeah, I will def check his stuff out when I get off work (ebay is blocked)

ah ok then

Grind_Bastard
10-11-2011, 05:49 PM

He has cool stuff, but I wanted Mankind's mask, they don't have it :'(

THEKEVINBRAND
10-11-2011, 09:19 PM
He has cool stuff, but I wanted Mankind's mask, they don't have it :'(

Here it is but expensive (http://www.ebay.ca/itm/WWE-Mankind-Mick-Foley-Actual-Size-Replica-Mask-/320766371908?pt=US_Solo_Sports_Fan_Shop&hash=item4aaf2a6844)

THEKEVINBRAND
10-13-2011, 01:13 PM
In an interesting bit of news which some of you may have already noticed, WWE.com no longer features the TitanTron entrance music videos for the WWE Superstars and Divas. The site features an extensive and rather impressive video selection, but there are no Superstar and Diva TitanTron videos to be found anywhere on the site.

WWE.com has undergone changes over the last few months and it would appear as though the TitanTron videos will no longer be released through WWE.com. But WWE's official YouTube channel does still have TitanTron videos from past and present Superstars and Divas. However, WWE's YouTube channel rarely uploads the TitanTron videos, and many Superstars such as Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, Alberto Del Rio, and others, do not have have TitanTron videos uploaded on WWE's YouTube channel.

It should also be noted that many of the YouTube TitanTrons are outdated. Drew McIntyre's TitanTron for example shows clips from when he was the Intercontinental Champion on SmackDown*in late 2009 and into early 2010.

There is no word so far on whether this was done due to various users of YouTube "ripping" the videos off of WWE.com, or if it was simply done perhaps due to low traffic on WWE.com's former TitanTron video page. It is also unclear if WWE plans on continuing to release the TitanTrons through their YouTube channel, or if they will no longer be releasing them from now on.

However, YouTube users are well-known for "ripping" the TitanTrons from WWE's video games as well, so if it is indeed an attempt from WWE to keep the TitanTrons private, it could be pretty much in vain.

THEKEVINBRAND
10-19-2011, 12:37 PM
Former WWE talent Travis "Tyson" Tomko remains jailed in St. Johns County, Florida eight days after he was arrested on robbery charges, for allegedly robbing 210 tablets of Oxycodone from a CVS Pharmacy. He has yet to come up with $7,500 bail as the official website of the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office lists him as a current jail inmate.

Jim Ross is giving serious consideration to writing an autobiography. The WWE Hall of Famer has put off writing his story because he wants it to be a "tell-all" book and doing so may jeopardize future employment opportunities.

Kevin Nash stated during last week's episode of Live Audio Wrestling that Scott Hall has re-entered rehab.

Stephanie McMahon, WWE's Executive Vice President of Creative Development and Operations, appears in E:60's story on Hall's descent from wrestling superstar to a broken man battling alcoholism and drug addiction (airing Wednesday night on ESPN). She says WWE has sent Hall to rehab multiple times and spent "in the six figures" on efforts to help him get sober.

"It's the most amount of money we've spent on anyone," McMahon said. "I just want Scott to get help and to decide for himself that he needs help. It makes me sad. I don't want anybody to pass away prematurely or otherwise really. Scott was an incredibly talented performer, larger than life, charismatic. He's a father, he's a friend. I'm sure he means a lot to a lot of people and it would be a shame for him to pass away."

On this day back in 2003, Road Warrior Hawk passed away at the age of 46. Hawk, Road Warrior Animal and their manager Paul Ellering were inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame last year.

Tommy Dreamer is now releasing webisodes much similar to Zack Ryder's Z!True Long Island Story called The Tommy Dreamer TV. You can watch the video embedded below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHlVV8PNWPc&feature=player_embedded