PDA

View Full Version : Orton Demotion is a Good Thing

Rich Cranium
10-11-2011, 10:32 AM
So now that is seems Orton may be feuding with the 'scary' sounding Cody Rhodes and possibly competing for the IC title should Cody not drop it, I see this as sort of a demotion but a positive one. It's good that Randy is going to help Cody reach a higher status because I for one am tired of the Henry vs Orton matches. Maybe Cena should feud with Ziggler over the US title too? Hell, this would definitely bring some prestige back to these midcard titles. However, we are not likely to see the second scenario. What are your thoughts on this matter?

Chazztastic
10-11-2011, 11:07 AM
I see everything as they're trying to elevate the mid-carders to main eventers... The Cena/Orton cycle has already peaked... All major stars eventually gives the next set of future "main eventers" a chance to step-up... If you look at the WWE cycle, it's refreshes about 5-7 years, which is the current length of Cena and Orton rise to main event status... In the next 2 to 4 years, Cena and Orton will take a smaller role of carrying the company and guys like Rhodes, Zigglers, Miz, and R-Truth will be in the center spotlight!!! So, I don't even see Orton as being demoted, but trying to elevate the future main eventers so the WWE will have new main event storylines.

Y2J___Y2J
10-11-2011, 11:07 AM
I think this feud is to more so promote Cody to the main event scene than a demotion, but it does bring some credibility to the IC title if they do bring the belt into it

efrum
10-11-2011, 11:13 AM
So now that is seems Orton may be feuding with the 'scary' sounding Cody Rhodes and possibly competing for the IC title should Cody not drop it, is sort of a demotion but a positive one. It's good that Randy is going to help Cody reach a higher status because I for one am tired of the Henry vs Orton matches. Maybe Cena should feud with Ziggler over the US title too? Hell, this would definitely bring some prestige back to these midcard titles. However, we are not likely to see the second scenario. What are your thoughts on this matter?

Agreed. I only hope Orton doesn't bury Cody like he did Christian.

Tommy Thunder
10-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Well the feud will bring prestige back to the IC title, there's no doubt about that. And it's also going to continue the elevation of Rhodes towards main event level.
Cody Rhodes WILL be World champ within the next 12 months, no doubt whatsoever.

Sully
10-11-2011, 11:19 AM
I think an Orton and Rhodes feud is awesome actually, and although he may of been demoted out of the title picture, it still really helps Cody. Ironically, a few hours that Smackdown was taped (On Tuesday), I was making a post about Orton and Cody, and how they SHOULD be feuding, and then that night Orton busts Cody's face open.

Jags
10-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Think a Rhodes vs. Booker feud first would be better to build up Rhodes some more, maybe after an Orton vs. Rhodes feud.

Right now I don't know if it will do much good. I don't see Orton putting Rhodes over with the momentum he has right now, also I don't see Rhodes losing the belt right now (especially to Orton).

Asherdelampyr
10-11-2011, 12:07 PM
So now that is seems Orton may be feuding with the 'scary' sounding Cody Rhodes and possibly competing for the IC title should Cody not drop it, I see this as sort of a demotion but a positive one. It's good that Randy is going to help Cody reach a higher status because I for one am tired of the Henry vs Orton matches. Maybe Cena should feud with Ziggler over the US title too? Hell, this would definitely bring some prestige back to these midcard titles. However, we are not likely to see the second scenario. What are your thoughts on this matter?

I like it
it gives Cody a good feud to get him to the next level, and frees up Henry to face someone new (hopefully Sheamus) Then after Show get's his revenge on Henry, the top heel spot will be wide open for Cody

PrimusSucks
10-11-2011, 12:07 PM
The problem here is that Orton doesn't keep momentum unless he constantly wins, WWE knows this, his charisma is very low and he became the big star he is now by riding momentum from punt kicking Vince McMahon and constantly winning ever since, if he puts over Cody then Cody will be an instant main event threat but Orton couldn't give that push to another superstar without really damaging himself and WWE and Orton know this, even if the IWC doesn't.

Iron Ape
10-11-2011, 12:29 PM
I picture Ted DiBiase watching this unfold on a monitor in the back, arms crossed and a single tear gently rolling down his cheek. Oh, what could have been.

Asherdelampyr
10-11-2011, 12:32 PM
I picture Ted DiBiase watching this unfold on a monitor in the back, arms crossed and a single tear gently rolling down his cheek. Oh, what could have been.
lmao
indeed
Who is DiBiase wrestling now? was he even in the walkout?

PrimusSucks
10-11-2011, 12:33 PM

Lolz, I see that too, and really Ted could have had good things happen if he hadn't been stuck with Maryse and his fued with Goldust hadn't been stopped by injury. After Goldust was injured Ted's push just went away, sad to see honestly.

Asherdelampyr
10-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Lolz, I see that too, and really Ted could have had good things happen if he hadn't been stuck with Maryse and his fued with Goldust hadn't been stopped by injury. After Goldust was injured Ted's push just went away, sad to see honestly.

that feud wen't nowhere, Ted just doesn't click with that "fortunate son" crap

Iron Ape
10-11-2011, 12:36 PM
lmao
indeed
Man, I couldn't even tell you. I'm struggling to remember the last time that I even saw the guy.

Iron Ape
10-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Maryse is actually the one that I feel sorry for. She had a lot of momentum before getting saddled with Ted, and that whole arc left her dead in the water.

dragonsrevenge
10-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I don't think it's a demotion. I think of it as turning the page for Orton, giving him a new feud, relegitimizing the IC title and shaking up the WHC title picture. If only they could do that on Raw.

Asherdelampyr
10-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Maryse is actually the one that I feel sorry for. She had a lot of momentum before getting saddled with Ted, and that whole arc left her dead in the water.

indeed, Maryse can actually wrestle (and I am not just saying that because I would happily sit in a chair and let her speak french at me all day) and is good on the mic, if she had kept her momentum going, what would have happened to the diva scene?

PrimusSucks
10-11-2011, 12:47 PM
I just remember Maryse nearly killing The Miz's push until she was injured, and look at where The Miz went.

Ted was pretty over around Elimination Chamber 09, I would say he was more over than the guy who entered that match as WWE Champion, who was Sheamus if you don't remember, but the other 4 men in that match were easily more over than Debiase, but you also have to remember it was Cena, Orton, Triple H, and Kofi Kingston, who was still very over at the time.

Iron Ape
10-11-2011, 12:48 PM
indeed, Maryse can actually wrestle (and I am not just saying that because I would happily sit in a chair and let her speak french at me all day) and is good on the mic, if she had kept her momentum going, what would have happened to the diva scene?
Agreed, man. She's incredibly underrated, and she deserves to be a pivotal figure in the women's division.

Robareid
10-11-2011, 12:53 PM
I'm for anything that gets Orton away from the title picture. Sadly though I see him burying Rhodes.

Oh and DiBiase was on superstars this week, he beat Kidd in around a six minute match

maar13
10-11-2011, 12:56 PM
I see everything as they're trying to elevate the mid-carders to main eventers... The Cena/Orton cycle has already peaked... All major stars eventually gives the next set of future "main eventers" a chance to step-up... If you look at the WWE cycle, it's refreshes about 5-7 years, which is the current length of Cena and Orton rise to main event status... In the next 2 to 4 years, Cena and Orton will take a smaller role of carrying the company and guys like Rhodes, Zigglers, Miz, and R-Truth will be in the center spotlight!!! So, I don't even see Orton as being demoted, but trying to elevate the future main eventers so the WWE will have new main event storylines.

Well, who knows, while you can have more people in the main event, John is 34 and Orton is 31 so unless they start looking more into movies (Mostly in john's case) or something else, I don't see their roles being less and less with time.

On the "demotion" thing, I really don't see it as such but to help Cody get closer to the top. Orton will take a back seat for a little and thencome back to the top, but they need to give him some time to regroup, he has been over expossed for quite a while and needs to be away form the top at least for a while.

Rich Cranium
10-11-2011, 01:03 PM
On the "demotion" thing, I really don't see it as such but to help Cody get closer to the top. Orton will take a back seat for a little and thencome back to the top, but they need to give him some time to regroup, he has been over expossed for quite a while and needs to be away form the top at least for a while.

This is why I mentioned that I would like to see Cena is a similar role perhaps feuding with Ziggler.

Asherdelampyr
10-11-2011, 01:08 PM
This is why I mentioned that I would like to see Cena is a similar role perhaps feuding with Ziggler.

I don't think Cena would work, since he doesn't get booked to lose credibly very often, and the uproar would be deafening in CM punk was doing it.

maar13
10-11-2011, 01:08 PM

You know what? I felt sorry for both, because it was not a bad couple, when they allowed them to be on the same page, I mean, really on the same page, they just seemed right, both could have gone straight to the top.

But for some reason they decided to play commedy making them like an old marriage:

Ted: "Did you spent $50,000? DO you believe money grow on threes?"
Maryse: "I worth it, right?"
Ted:" RRRRRRRGH"

That was the kind of BS argument they used with them, that and Ted and her fighting and Maryse kissing others while treating Ted like crap, was the dumbest thing they could have done.

Ted and Maryse were perfect and would have worked if creative wouldn't go the "Comedy" road for them, as a power couple they could have achieved great things, their promos when they were on the same note, were very cool.

WWE has dropped the ball with Ted several times, all of the sudden he was getting heat or cheers and they stopped using him.

Maryse has also beign victim of that a few times, she had a good feud with Eve and all of the sudden Alicia became the new flavor of the month and they scratched it all together, then they had agood feud with Eve and Alicia and killed it.

By now Ted should have had a couple of midcard titles under his belt, not because he is great or anything, but because he was in angles that could have worked, only for people over there changing their minds way more than a baby change dippers and also going more for comedy angles. Who the Hell cares about comedy? This is wrestling, is supposed to be violent, yes a joke si fine but everything has a limit.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
10-11-2011, 02:25 PM
I don't really see it as a demotion but more like an extended hand to help bring the IC up and Cody up.

maar13
10-11-2011, 03:28 PM
lmao
indeed

No he was not...Creative doesn't wan't him get heat (or even a reaction like "Ted who?") for that matter.

And he defeated Tyson Kidd on Superstars.

URATOOL
10-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Where else could the angle have gone? If they wanted Henry to beat Orton and retain the title then they had only two choices. Have Orton become and whining bitch like Christian (Mr ONE MORE MATCH) or get kicked to the back of the title shot line. He's lucky he only got kicked down one rung and put into the IC title spot. Look at where they pushed Miz to after losing the WWE title. He wasn't back the next week challenging for the US title was he!

AOF666
10-11-2011, 03:52 PM
agreed. I only hope orton doesn't bury cody like he did christian.

this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Poot-Hair
10-11-2011, 09:22 PM
It really does seem to me like the 'E has changed their minds about dropping the mid card titles. With Rhodes bring back the "vintage" IC title and going after a feud with Orton lets me know that the IC title at least will be around for awhile. It's a good thing really because it has been the trampoline to launch the careers of many superstars in the past. I just hope Orton doesn't do the "Orton thing" and bury Rhodes.

Automatic
10-13-2011, 10:23 AM
No, it's not. Cody Rhodes is going to get destroyed. Orton lost two times straight at PPV, and got laid out on Raw by Rhodes, anyone who believes Rhodes will at least be even is going to be seriously dissappointed.