PDA

View Full Version : Santino's Cobra

BevinBoyz
10-11-2010, 09:04 PM
can anyone explain to me WTF is with Santino's Cobra Strike?? like how did he just beat Zach ryder with it?? looks pointless.. btw im NOT hatin. just really confused

cetotheizzo
10-11-2010, 09:22 PM
it looks like a finger tap to sholder, i think.

Bodom
10-11-2010, 09:25 PM
I can't believe Ryder lost to the Cobra. FML

BevinBoyz
10-11-2010, 09:48 PM
thats what i mean!!! maybe a shot to the throat??

Robstar
10-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Look at the RKO - how are we supposed to believe that knocks people silly, when throughout a match we can see them fall the same way time and time again and get back up again? Yet bodies in motion gives the illusion of force.
I love Santino but I agree it's a stupid move - right up there with the Worm and The People's Elbow (come on, it was ridiculous!).

cetotheizzo
10-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Well it is a dumb move, but atleast Santino is getting some air time.

chaos75
10-11-2010, 09:59 PM
It's crap but entertaining.

30% Chance of Santino hitting Cobra in a match

IrkenInvader
10-11-2010, 10:01 PM
He beat Ryder with it because Zach sucks and creative knows it.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I like Santino, he brings something to the table, not to sure what it is but I like it. I also like the cobra move, I know its not effective but it sure is original. I don't know what Santino would be doing instead of wrestling but i bet he makes a great pizza. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
After all is said and done, more is said than done

Robstar
10-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I like Santino, he brings something to the table, not to sure what it is but I like it. I also like the cobra move, I know its not effective but it sure is original. I don't know what Santino would be doing instead of wrestling but i bet he makes a great pizza. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
After all is said and done, more is said than done

Well he's Canadian - what do they like to eat there? Canadian bacon? What the hell is that anyway? A pig that went to Degrassi?

BevinBoyz
10-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Look at the RKO - how are we supposed to believe that knocks people silly, when throughout a match we can see them fall the same way time and time again and get back up again? Yet bodies in motion gives the illusion of force.
I love Santino but I agree it's a stupid move - right up there with the Worm and The People's Elbow (come on, it was ridiculous!).

true they might play the RKO off as going head first with more of a impact then other moves like a DDT..

BevinBoyz
10-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Well he's Canadian - what do they like to eat there? Canadian bacon? What the hell is that anyway? A pig that went to Degrassi?

who canadian?? lol.. btw depends where u live in Nova Scotia alot of ppl like donairs.. and from what im told they don't see them across canada..

Daniel Bryan
10-11-2010, 10:39 PM
lol i thought it was hilarious honestly

Robstar
10-11-2010, 10:43 PM
who canadian?? lol.. btw depends where u live in Nova Scotia alot of ppl like donairs.. and from what im told they don't see them across canada..

Santino is from Canada! Do your research!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santino_Marella

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-11-2010, 11:01 PM

Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. After hours and hours of research guess what I found out Canadians eat the most. FROZEN FOOD. HAHAHAHAAHA

infinite wisdom
43% of all statistics are worthless.

Scottland
10-11-2010, 11:04 PM

I don't find the RKO silly. I mean it's no more silly then a Stunner, Rock Bottom & so forth. But like you said the bodies in motion give off the illusion of force. Actually, I think the RKO is one of the better finishers because it's an impactful finisher & can happen within a blink of an eye let alone the RKO is suppose to be a finisher to the head.

Also, say what you will about The People's Elbow but it got the fans standing up in there seats let alone got a better reaction then most wrestlers get. You forgot to mention the Five-Knuckle Shuffle which could be put into the same category as The Worm, The People's Elbow, The Cobra & so forth.

SgtGohan
10-12-2010, 05:44 AM
Who cares santino is on team raw!:D

vbirwin
10-12-2010, 08:19 AM
It's funny how Santino has evolved from that guy who pinned Umaga in his debut. You have to have a comedy act and Santino is absolutely entertaining. Yeah, the Cobra is pretty silly as a finisher but it suits Santino's silly character so what the hell.

Then again, others have made careers with silly finishers. Mankind was one of the most feared men in Wrestling and his finisher was to stick his finger under your tounge. Go figure.

SgtGohan
10-12-2010, 10:17 AM
mankinds finisher is actually very painfull if executed properly and it looks kinda freaky if you ask me which suited his character

cetotheizzo
10-12-2010, 12:10 PM
mankinds finisher is actually very painfull if executed properly and it looks kinda freaky if you ask me which suited his character

Yea no kidding, having someone else’s hand in you your mouth, very freaky.

Robstar
10-12-2010, 12:16 PM
I don't find the RKO silly. I mean it's no more silly then a Stunner, Rock Bottom & so forth. But like you said the bodies in motion give off the illusion of force. Actually, I think the RKO is one of the better finishers because it's an impactful finisher & can happen within a blink of an eye let alone the RKO is suppose to be a finisher to the head.

Also, say what you will about The People's Elbow but it got the fans standing up in there seats let alone got a better reaction then most wrestlers get. You forgot to mention the Five-Knuckle Shuffle which could be put into the same category as The Worm, The People's Elbow, The Cobra & so forth.

Oh yeah - the 5 knuckle shuffle is right up there. MVP's Ballin'? That too. Yes the People's Elbow got a reaction but so did the Worm and Scotty was never that popular. But how long do you expect us to watch you lie there and wait for it? ;)

The RKO is much like The Stunner - both moves require the right amount of selling. I used to love the way The Rock sold The Stunner

Bodom
10-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Santino has no place being on the same team as Sheamus. As good as he may be, he's nothing but a comedy character.

Necroyeti
10-12-2010, 01:31 PM
The Cobra is pretty funny, if you consider it as a satire of The Worm or People's Elbow etc. Santino practically leans on the fourth wall.

I've always thought that, in the right conditions, Santino could make a great badass heel (or Lethal Joke Character (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LethalJokeCharacter)) if he started incorporating some of his MMA/shootfighting skills into his routine. (Or maybe not, given that Cornette thought he was useless in OVW.)

macstar77
10-12-2010, 03:43 PM
I thought it was a forceful strike to a pressure point on the neck :p

ratedy2jayz
10-12-2010, 05:41 PM
The crowd was really into him last night and its good to see him on team raw. Hopefully Koslov can turn back into the ass kicker he was when he was feuding with Jeff Hardy and HHH.

BevinBoyz
10-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Santino is from Canada! Do your research!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santino_Marella

i actually looked it up after the post.. i honestly never knew he was from canada. guess learn something new each day ^_^

Dameduse823
10-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Santino has no place being on the same team as Sheamus. As good as he may be, he's nothing but a comedy character.

Its a shame, after Truth and Morrison won their matches I was actually hoping for a series line up but then Santino wins with that freaking thing. I',m just hoping Sheamus will take him out of the line up as i would have much rather seen Ryder in the match up

IrkenInvader
08-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Bumpity bump.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-01-2011, 05:03 PM

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^

its why we love him.

Bumpity bump.

Wow i missed this SHAME :((

VanHooliganX
08-01-2011, 05:04 PM
I stopped caring about the Cobra move when A.P.P.L.E disbanded :(

johnnydropkicks
08-01-2011, 05:29 PM
I was happy to see WWE finally gave santino a cobra on his cobra. for the longest time I was thinking it'd be cool for him to get a tattoo of a cobra on his cobra. obviously not really though. a hand puppet is nice compromise.

MICK FOLEY SANTINO FUED

MR. SOCKO AND THE COBRA ON THE PPV ADVERTISEMENT POSTER AND PROMO VIDEO THINGS