PDA

View Full Version : Shore WTF

TNAFan82
10-11-2010, 08:46 PM
I understand TNA is trying to become a great company but why and i ask why are they creating this stupid show call The Shore! Cmon this is wrestling not reality tv. I believe they are going to lose more ratings than any impact show if they keep putting these morons on a premier wrestling show. No one wants to see J-WOWW or however you spell her name.

Necroyeti
10-11-2010, 08:55 PM
If it's any consolation: Robbie E (aka. Rob Eckos) is a pretty capable wrestler, there's a good chance he could put on some entertaining X-Division style matches

mikenigma
10-11-2010, 09:25 PM
It's obvious that the fans don't approve at all. The Shore doesn't have heat. Not genuine heat anyways. The Shore is a HORRIBLE idea. And if Eckos is a good wrestler, then it's unfortunate that he won't even get a decent change to get over because he has the worst gimmick since The Red Rooster.

Robstar
10-11-2010, 09:38 PM
The shameful part is - it would have worked in WWE. I'm just surprised they didn't have a crack at it first

wallyman
10-11-2010, 09:44 PM
this is an awesome gimmick...the shore is some1 whos full of himself and rob eckos can work in the ring...oonce u see his ring work people will start taking him serious...so yeah......and i think pop culture fits into wrestling with gimmicks...wwf was all gimmicks thats why it was awesome about time we see some gimmicks again

IrkenInvader
10-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Well I just heard one of the girls fom Jersey Shore is going to be on TNA this week.

chaos75
10-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Did you see how they just kept doing fist pumps when they were getting heat (not the 'we hate you cuz ur heel' heat, the "we hate you cuz this promo/match is a trainwreck" heat).

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I have to take a big deep breath because what im going to say about the shore is nothing nice. This is a train wreck waiting to happen. Not only is this one of the worse gimmicks ever in pro rasslin just watching them makes me angry and want to punch something or someone. It's just a matter of time before some fan jumps the railing and cuts either cook ie or rob ie. I don't condone violence very often but this time i will make an exception. If that beeeeeeoooooccccchh cook ie says jerseys in the house BITCHES!!!! one more time, im going to lose it. As for rob ie I don't care if the kid can wrestle or not, I will never take him seriously in the shore. All i want to do is fist pump him in the face. WORD. yes the shore makes me MAD. IM MAD

infinite wisdom
Am I ranting? I hope so. My ranting gets raves.

NightWolf
10-11-2010, 10:20 PM
It is funny how WWE went from being jealous of TNA to LAUGHING at TNA over The Shore gimmick. I think the ratings will fall unless spineless reality show junkies flock to TNA just to see jwoww. I watched Jersey Shore a few weeks ago an they kind of look like transvestites. Infact, I definitely believe that Snaki has a penis.

IrkenInvader
10-11-2010, 10:49 PM
It is funny how WWE went from being jealous of TNA to LAUGHING at TNA over The Shore gimmick. I think the ratings will fall unless spineless reality show junkies flock to TNA just to see jwoww. I watched Jersey Shore a few weeks ago an they kind of look like transvestites. Infact, I definitely believe that Snaki has a penis.

I hate my self for doing this but its "Snookie"

Robstar
10-12-2010, 12:28 AM
I hate my self for doing this but its "Snookie"

You saved me from doing it. Yes I watch it. Why? To be reminded that no matter how bad I might feel, at least I'm not them. Real Talk.

Splattered-Dreams
10-12-2010, 07:58 PM
For those of us in the UK and Europe, WTF is The Shore? The first I heard of them is when Robbie E and Cookie started appearing on TNA. Also, I agree with the impact zone "booooooring."

Necroyeti
10-12-2010, 08:17 PM
It's a parody of the MTV's Jersey Shore.... Charlie Brooker (a man everyone should aspire to be like) explains it's premise better than I ever could:

Scribbling about TV shows isn't an abysmal task by any standards, but it does have its downsides, namely those weeks where the programme you're reviewing is so profoundly dispiriting it leaves you praying for climate change to hurry up and frazzle us all. This is one of those weeks. The Guide insisted I watch Jersey Shore (Sun, 9pm, MTV). Swear to God, they're trying to drive me to suicide.

On the face of it, Jersey Shore is a reality show in which some tanned, whooping idiots live in a beach house for a month: a splice of Big Brother and Ibiza Uncovered featuring a uniformly unlikable bunch of infuriating, loud, over-confident pillocks. So far, so standard. What's eye-opening is that the entire cast appears to be drawn from one minority group – namely Italian-Americans. I didn't know much about Italian-Americans before watching Jersey Shore. Now I feel as if I was born hating them; as if despising Italian-Americans is my moral duty.

It's not my fault, really it's not. Blame the producers, who seem to have constructed Jersey Shore by following a step-by-step guide to besmirching an entire ethnic group. Step one: identify the stereotype (in this case, the notion that working-class Italian-Americans are shallow sex-crazed thugs). Step two: collect the clearest embodiments of said stereotype you can find (consequently all the men in Jersey Shore are dopey, muscled, hollering titty-chasers: the girls are bolshy, spray-tanned, micro-skirted man-eaters). Step three: let them refer to themselves by using a slang term broadly perceived as an ethnic slur (in this case, the word "guido", a pejorative nickname which roughly means "dim macho Italian-American lunk"). Step four: group them together in a house decorated with Italian flags and Scarface posters. Step five: give them booze, film them behaving like shallow sex-crazed thugs, calling each other "guido", etc. Step six: there is no step six. Job's done. Go home and count the proceeds.

Unsurprisingly, Jersey Shore caused a bit of a stink when it was screened in the US. Various advertisers, including Domino's Pizza and Dell Computers, pulled their commercials following the debut episode. New York Post TV critic Linda Stasi (herself an Italian-American) accused the show of "furthering the popular TV notion that Italian-Americans are gel-haired, thuggish ignoramuses with fake tans, no manners, no diction, no taste, no education, no sexual discretion, no hairdressers (for sure), no real knowledge of Italian culture and no ambition beyond expanding steroid- and silicone-enhanced bodies into sizes best suited for floating over Macy's on Thanksgiving."

In summary: Jersey Shore isn't very nice. A farmyard animal could produce this show, and probably did. In fact, the sole skill the makers have demonstrated is the small degree of cunning involved in selecting Italian-Americans in the first place. Run the step-by-step guide again with a different ethinc group and it's altogether more incendiary.

But perhaps the whole ethnic slant, explosive though it is, is a red herring. The group Jersey Shore is truly adept at demonising – like countless dumb "party time" docusoaps before it – is the young. Some of the young audience will tune in; the vast majority will ignore it. On TV, you currently have more chance of spotting a pair of morbidly obese conjoined twins on a log flume than of seeing one articulate, intelligent teenager exploring any subject other than sex or tattoos in any depth whatsoever. Little wonder they're abandoning ship. [SOURCE (http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2010/mar/20/charlie-brooker-jersey-shore)]

If you have sky, it comes on that "MTV Shows" channel. (160?) Watch it for 10 minutes, and enjoy your new instant hate figures.

Splattered-Dreams
10-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Haha. thanks for the info. So, Robbie E and Cookie are not characters from the show, they're just mimmicking characters from the show?

Necroyeti
10-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Correct-o. Robbie E is Rob Eckos (ex-ECWA and several indys), and Cookie is Becky Bayless (ex-ROH/Shimmer, mostly as a backstage interviewer)

Splattered-Dreams
10-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Nice, thanks for the info