PDA

View Full Version : Cody Rhodes Joker Voice

King Scrapper
10-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Has anyone else noticed Cody Rhodes has been really trying to copy Heath Ledger's voice of the Joker from the Dark Night? I think it's kinda annoying especially because he does such a poor job at it. If you guys remember Edge even tried to imitate Heath back around the time the movie came out. He even recently revealed in an interview that he did it on purpose. Thoughts...

ihearvoices
10-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Has anyone else noticed Cody Rhodes has been really trying to copy Heath Ledger's voice of the Joker from the Dark Night? I think it's kinda annoying especially because he does such a poor job at it. If you guys remember Edge even tried to imitate Heath back around the time the movie came out. He even recently revealed in an interview that he did it on purpose. Thoughts...

No Sting is the one who is trying to copy Joker Cody Rhodes is more Original if anything i would say he reminds me of classic Goldust as far as the way he cuts his promos and talks slowly and intense

Reloval
10-10-2011, 09:29 PM
I like Batman

helmsley
10-10-2011, 09:34 PM
No Sting is the one who is trying to copy Joker Cody Rhodes is more Original if anything i would say he reminds me of classic Goldust as far as the way he cuts his promos and talks slowly and intense

agree with you, i think its more of a grutural voice than a joker voice, joker voice has a LOT of ups and downs

Tommy Thunder
10-10-2011, 09:36 PM
I'll be honest, Heath Ledger's Joker isn't exactly the first thing that came to my head when I hear Cody speak.

ihearvoices
10-10-2011, 09:37 PM
agree with you, i think its more of a grutural voice than a joker voice, joker voice has a LOT of ups and downs

Yep as far the promo he did today i felt it was good just his laugh was a little weird kind of like he was waiting for his music to come on but it came on too late.

BlazersDozen
10-10-2011, 09:38 PM
My brother told me he's imitating a character from some movie about a guy who wore a mask to hide his face but he didn't remember what movie its called...

I don't believe him though because he says Kurt Angle looks younger lol

Iron Ape
10-10-2011, 09:39 PM
I'm not really hearing the Joker, like, at all. If anything, he sounds like anyone and everyone who has ever had a phone call interrupt sex.

Final_Silence
10-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Dark Knight* :) and secondly I don't see it at all. I agree with whoever said the Goldust similarities if any. He's got a great gimmick going and I love it. I could do without the bags though, make them darker or creepier not just a brown bag.

AlexWorldOrder
10-10-2011, 09:49 PM
He reminded me of Heath's joker tonight, for some reason. He usually doesn't remind me of the joker at all.

ihearvoices
10-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Dark Knight* :) and secondly I don't see it at all. I agree with whoever said the Goldust similarities if any. He's got a great gimmick going and I love it. I could do without the bags though, make them darker or creepier not just a brown bag.

I love the bags and i hope they dont make him take off his mask i would be so pissed off if they do. I think that is the one thing that makes him stands out the most and makes him so different.

AlexWorldOrder
10-10-2011, 10:18 PM
I love the bags and i hope they dont make him take off his mask i would be so pissed off if they do. I think that is the one thing that makes him stands out the most and makes him so different.

Anything that makes you stand out th most or makes you different is like a bad thing to have in WWE nowdays.

Chavo
10-10-2011, 10:23 PM
I think he's going for a Phantom of the Opera-type I've been scarred kind of bit. Personally I love this character, have always liked Cody in the ring but thought he lacked mic skills/personality. Glad to report he's proved me wrong. Hopefully, a good feud with Orton will be a jump into a permanant spot in the main event for him

ihearvoices
10-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Anything that makes you stand out th most or makes you different is like a bad thing to have in WWE nowdays.

True Hopefully a feud with Randy Orton is proof WWE is taking a strong liking of Cody Rhodes work but then again We all know what happen to Kofi after a short good feud with Randy Orton nothing came from it.

pauadrian
10-10-2011, 10:47 PM
True Hopefully a feud with Randy Orton is proof WWE is taking a strong liking of Cody Rhodes work but then again We all know what happen to Kofi after a short good feud with Randy Orton nothing came from it.

as long as he dosnt botch he is good to go

Robstar
10-10-2011, 11:59 PM
The Sting comparison is obvious but at least he's moved on from The Crow. What is it about Sting imitating dead actors? ;)

The Brown One
10-11-2011, 12:08 AM
The Sting comparison is obvious but at least he's moved on from The Crow. What is it about Sting imitating dead actors? ;)

Off topic but meh: What happened to the Vickie Guerrero in a bikini pic? I was shocked at how good she looks compared to Wrestlemania 25!

Rich Cranium
10-11-2011, 12:20 AM
I've asked a similar question in other threads about how I find the way he talks as annoying. Most people seem to like the change saying he is portraying an evil comic character from Doom? I don't know anything about Doom but the poster that mentioned Phantom of the Opera is more on the money imo.

Robstar
10-11-2011, 02:33 AM
Off topic but meh: What happened to the Vickie Guerrero in a bikini pic? I was shocked at how good she looks compared to Wrestlemania 25!

Vickie has always looked good to me. But sometimes I just need to take a Beth ;)

The Brown One
10-11-2011, 03:26 AM
Vickie has always looked good to me. But sometimes I just need to take a Beth ;)

Fair enough. CM Punk is one lucky fella ;P

Brewer 314
10-11-2011, 03:51 AM
Oh boy, you guys are obsessed with Heath Ledger's portrayal as the Joker.

Heath Ledger's Joker wasn't even special. Somebody needs to step up and base their gimmick off of the real Jack Nicholson variation!

Seriously though, I don't see the comparison.

monctonvike
10-11-2011, 05:15 AM
might not have been a joker voice I think they are going more of a cartoonish phantom of the opera . Regardless he is talented enough to survive this latest lame repackage. Why they insist on making him look lame is beyond me but it seems deliberate

Y2J___Y2J
10-11-2011, 06:32 AM
Cody's voice and Heath Ledger's joker voice?
Sound nothing alike IMO

King Scrapper
10-11-2011, 06:27 PM
I think he's going for a Phantom of the Opera-type I've been scarred kind of bit. Personally I love this character, have always liked Cody in the ring but thought he lacked mic skills/personality. Glad to report he's proved me wrong. Hopefully, a good feud with Orton will be a jump into a permanant spot in the main event for him

Have you heard of a guy named Kofi kingston?

TempestH
10-11-2011, 06:38 PM
I actually like Cody's voice.

steveorton
10-12-2011, 08:11 AM
I don't get that Cody is imitating Joker, if anything I would say Sting owes the people at Batman some money, infringement at its max.

Y2Jryder
10-12-2011, 02:10 PM
His mic skills when he was dashing were really good, now he bores me to death

HeelTurn
10-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Cody is Dr.Doom, and I like it, very cartoonish but still it works so well.

LuckIsForLosers
10-13-2011, 11:00 AM
All's I noticed is that Cody = gold