PDA

View Full Version : Inbox space

Tommy Thunder
10-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Is there any possibility that the PM service could hold more messages? I know it's been upgraded once before, but it still isn't enough.
I know I'm complaining since I'm part of an e-fed, and I tend to get many pm's, but it's a pain in the ass when I have to delete messages to make space. And n more than one occasion, I've deleted messages to make space, and by mistake, deleted messages that contained stuff I needed.

Any chance it could be upgraded again?

broc808
10-10-2011, 03:09 PM
I know just what you mean on this one Tommy I've deleted a promo a lot of times and it really gets annoying I think this is something that needs to addressed

Rich Cranium
10-10-2011, 03:37 PM
I know just what you mean on this one Tommy I've deleted a promo a lot of times and it really gets annoying I think this is something that needs to addressed

Or at least a trash bin?

broc808
10-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Or at least a trash bin?

actually ya that sounds like it would be great to have

Krysys
10-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Or at least a trash bin?

I like this, but I would still like to the limit increased on the amount of messages that are held, maybe 200 or 250?

Vegas
10-10-2011, 04:50 PM
I think the inbox and outbox should each have there own limit and not a joint one like it is now. The fact that they are joint is a pain and you run out of room too fast. Increase them both to 200 and separate them.

Tommy Thunder
10-10-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm aware that mods have a larger quota of storage space (200 for both outbox and inbox I believe).
But I too like the idea of splitting it, so that your inbox and outbox can hold the same amount of messages.

Rich Cranium
10-10-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm aware that mods have a larger quota of storage space (200 for both outbox and inbox I believe).
But I too like the idea of splitting it, so that your inbox and outbox can hold the same amount of messages.

And a recycle bin in case you delete something inadvertently.

Tommy Thunder
10-10-2011, 05:05 PM
And a recycle bin in case you delete something inadvertently.

That would also help. A recycle bi with a quota of 50 would suffice.

Vegas
10-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Tommy Thunder, Making EWN better one step at a time

Rich Cranium
10-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Does the 60 seconds rule in between sending PM's annoy anyone?

Vegas
10-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Does the 60 seconds rule in between sending PM's annoy anyone?

ME!!!!!!! I very much dislike the time limits on certain things

Tommy Thunder
10-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Tommy Thunder, Making EWN better one step at a time

Well, I try!

And the 60 second rule does annoy me when it happens. But the majority of my messages take longer than 60 seconds to write.

pauadrian
10-10-2011, 05:16 PM
i dislike evrything in the inbox

time limit
storage
and when you go through paraghraps in word you dont get it in paragraphs you get it all bunched up

Rich Cranium
10-10-2011, 05:17 PM
ME!!!!!!! I very much dislike the time limits on certain things

When I have massive PM's to send it gets frustrating. Even though I know when I click the send box before the 60 seconds, that it will tell me to wait another 20 seconds, I still click it for some reason.

Vegas
10-10-2011, 05:18 PM
When I have massive PM's to send it gets frustrating. Even though I know when I click the send box before the 60 seconds, that it will tell me to wait another 20 seconds, I still click it for some reason.

It not that long but when you are having multiple conversations it gets annoying quick

broc808
10-10-2011, 10:27 PM

ha I always make a game out of it by seeing how many times I can click send before it actually sends

Kashdinero
10-11-2011, 12:58 AM
It's actually only 150 PM's I can store, but even that gets full on occasion :)

I'm sure a change is on it's way, but... No promises :)

THEKEVINBRAND
10-11-2011, 01:01 AM

#damnyoukash lol

Tommy Thunder
10-11-2011, 01:01 AM

I'll be happy if it's looked into at least. It is quite annoying with the amount of PM's some get here!
Thank you :)

Sully
10-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Maybe we could even have a new folder that displayed deleted messages for a certain period of time, similar to what most E-mails have.

Tommy Thunder
10-27-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm bumping this.

Can something be done?!?!

Sully
10-27-2011, 10:45 AM
I hope so. Now that I'm writing for a show too, more inbox space would be a huge boost with all these promos.

Krysys
10-27-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm with TT, can anything be done?

THEKEVINBRAND
10-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Yes I want it bumped at least to 200 emails especially for us e-fedders who are in more than one promotion and has to give promos to both

RomanFlare
10-27-2011, 01:31 PM
Mods get 200. I'm not sure what can be done to increase the possible space for ALL the members of EWN.

Sully
10-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Well if the Mods can get 200 PMs, there must be some way to adjust the amount. If it has to do with the Mods having an advantage, maybe they can have 300, and then the Regs can get 200.

RomanFlare
10-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Well if the Mods can get 200 PMs, there must be some way to adjust the amount. If it has to do with the Mods having an advantage, maybe they can have 300, and then the Regs can get 200.

So you're asking the order of the site to literally double the site's ability to store information. I'm not against the idea, but it is a rather large increase in bandwitdth.

Sully
10-27-2011, 03:37 PM
So you're asking the order of the site to literally double the site's ability to store information. I'm not against the idea, but it is a rather large increase in bandwitdth.

Or you could just let the users have the same abilities that the moderators do. I mean I thought being a moderator was only supposed to be to help out, no advantages against other posters. Then again, I suppose a moderator would need extra space...but it'd still be as adaptable as any regular user who constantly has to clear their inbox.

I mean I agree, the Mods need that extra space, but it seems like it's been sort of an issue with users involved in e-feds. Plus, I doubt message storage would impact the bandwidth much. This site, what forum software is even used for it? I seem to be asking this question many times, and yet I never receive an answer. Is it a forum just for ewrestlingnews within the site, or do we used something like vBulletin?

AreYaSerious
10-28-2011, 03:41 AM
I agree, the people involved with efeds need to extra space for promos and what not. I think it's a great idea as well.

Tommy Thunder
10-28-2011, 06:36 AM
Mods get 200. I'm not sure what can be done to increase the possible space for ALL the members of EWN.

The quota for reg. members was increased in the past, so I don't see why it can't be increased again.
If mods can have a quota of 200 messages, then I don't see why normal members shouldn't have that much too.

Rich Cranium
10-28-2011, 11:42 PM
The quota for reg. members was increased in the past, so I don't see why it can't be increased again.
If mods can have a quota of 200 messages, then I don't see why normal members shouldn't have that much too.

Didn't the Kashman say he only gets 150?

Tommy Thunder
10-29-2011, 02:40 AM
Didn't the Kashman say he only gets 150?

Indeed he did, my bad.
If there's any way the quota can be raised for normal members, it would make a great difference.

PandaMassacre
10-30-2011, 04:12 PM
Screw increasing the space. We need to push forward to a Myspace/Facebook-like messaging system. The site needs a serious over haul with updates, and new features.

SilverGhost
10-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Panda

I will talk to Frank about updates and such.

Sully
10-30-2011, 04:24 PM
Screw increasing the space. We need to push forward to a Myspace/Facebook-like messaging system. The site needs a serious over haul with updates, and new features.

Or a reputation system.

broc808
10-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Or a reputation system.

I would love a reputation system to be honest

Sully
10-30-2011, 05:01 PM
I would love a reputation system to be honest

I'd give you a bunch of negative rep for shits and giggles.

broc808
10-30-2011, 05:05 PM
I'd give you a bunch of negative rep for shits and giggles.

lol we'll both have horrible rep then

Sully
10-30-2011, 05:07 PM
lol we'll both have horrible rep then

I actually probably wouldn't though, I'd give you green rep a lot...just because you're my cousin.

broc808
10-30-2011, 05:21 PM
I actually probably wouldn't though, I'd give you green rep a lot...just because you're my cousin.

lol I guess it be the same for me but I wouldn't sit there and do that on every post you make

Sully
10-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Well I'm sure there'd be a cap for how much you could give a person, like most forums, but I'd be sure to hit you with it every two days or so.

broc808
10-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Well I'm sure there'd be a cap for how much you could give a person, like most forums, but I'd be sure to hit you with it every two days or so.

well I'm not really to familiar with how the rep works exactly I just think it would be a cool thing to have

Tommy Thunder
10-30-2011, 06:01 PM

Yeah!!! Radical changes FTW!!!

Panda

I will talk to Frank about updates and such.

AreYaSerious
10-31-2011, 01:07 AM
well I'm not really to familiar with how the rep works exactly I just think it would be a cool thing to have

The better and more informed your posts are, the better rep you're going to get.

If you just post just to post, troll, insult people, your rep will go down.

Instead of a rep system I'm thinking an IQ level, similar to what facepunch studios had, and/or a rate a post as informative, stupid, unique, you fail, funny, etc type of deal

PandaMassacre
10-31-2011, 05:26 AM
Having a Reputation grader is a bad idea. We would lose a lot of members if they end up with a bad rep, and that is not really a good idea. Look at all of those other sites who support the reputation system. They are either limited on activity or stone cold dead. So NO.... Please don't even consider a reputation system.

Tommy Thunder
10-31-2011, 05:48 AM
Having a Reputation grader is a bad idea. We would lose a lot of members if they end up with a bad rep, and that is not really a good idea. Look at all of those other sites who support the reputation system. They are either limited on activity or stone cold dead. So NO.... Please don't even consider a reputation system.

I agree with this.

Sully
10-31-2011, 08:18 AM

Would people really get upset just because they have a negative rep?

Wrestlezone Forums have a reputation system, and they're one of the biggest wrestling forums on the web. Although with EWN's size, I can totally see a downgrade of posters. Still though, that'd be such a stupid reason to get all mad and leave.

Then again, if the EWN community is giving a user bad rep, maybe they shouldn't be on the forums in the first place? I mean bad rep would generally be perceived as a bad poster, if that's the reason they're getting the rep.

Tommy Thunder
10-31-2011, 08:28 AM
Would people really get upset just because they have a negative rep?

Wrestlezone Forums have a reputation system, and they're one of the biggest wrestling forums on the web. Although with EWN's size, I can totally see a downgrade of posters. Still though, that'd be such a stupid reason to get all mad and leave.

Then again, if the EWN community is giving a user bad rep, maybe they shouldn't be on the forums in the first place? I mean bad rep would generally be perceived as a bad poster, if that's the reason they're getting the rep.

Believe it or not, people can and will get upset at having a bad rep, and they will leave the forum.
I know it's a stupid reason to leave a wrestling forum, but some people are like that.

I agree with Panda that it's a bad idea to have it here.

Sully
10-31-2011, 08:40 AM
Believe it or not, people can and will get upset at having a bad rep, and they will leave the forum.
I know it's a stupid reason to leave a wrestling forum, but some people are like that.

I suppose you two are right, especially considering that EWN isn't really that big in numbers. I mean if we were getting a good number of people joining every day, then I'm sure it will work, but with our numbers...probably not.

Even on Wrestlezone Forums, people take reputation way too seriously.

Maybe instead, we can just had positive rep? If people like your post, you can rep them with some positive reputation, and if they don't...they can't do anything about it. That way people can only go up, and not down?

Tommy Thunder
10-31-2011, 08:56 AM
I suppose you two are right, especially considering that EWN isn't really that big in numbers. I mean if we were getting a good number of people joining every day, then I'm sure it will work, but with our numbers...probably not.

Even on Wrestlezone Forums, people take reputation way too seriously.

Maybe instead, we can just had positive rep? If people like your post, you can rep them with some positive reputation, and if they don't...they can't do anything about it. That way people can only go up, and not down?

Similar to the facebook like button? that's a better idea IMO.

That way you'd eliminate people posting pointless posts such as

^^^This^^^

Instead, you'd be able to 'like' the post to show that you agree.

JamFran
10-31-2011, 09:13 AM
Instead, you'd be able to 'like' the post to show that you agree.

I would 'like' this

Sully
10-31-2011, 09:20 AM
Right. Then we could either have a bar like normal reputation, or a counting meter for however likes we got, or we don't have to track it at all...and it will just show how many likes the post got at the bottom, just like Facebook.

I'm not sure exactly what modifications would work to make that happen, or even if they can do that with the forum software that EWN uses...which I still don't know.

broc808
10-31-2011, 11:37 PM
VICTORY!!!!

I just took a look at my inbox to see that there is now 150 max messages, thank you Fank and all the mods this is definitely a great thing for us

AreYaSerious
10-31-2011, 11:56 PM

People who take things seriously on a website don't deserve to have internet

but anwyay
and awesome great news we have 150 messages

Tommy Thunder
11-01-2011, 03:31 AM
AWESOME!
Thanks very much for this! The extra space will go a long way to ease the congestion!
Thank you! :D

Sully
11-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Well, I try!

And the 60 second rule does annoy me when it happens. But the majority of my messages take longer than 60 seconds to write.

Yeah that's usually the same for me, especially when I'm doing something like I did today, where I message everyone about their promos. Occasionally when I'm just talking chit chat with Broc though, I'll get burned by the 60 second rule.