PDA

View Full Version : I'm currious so maybe someone here knows.

Reichwulf
10-10-2011, 06:38 AM
When the WWF/WWF were facing off in a "lawsuit" for the name was it just publicity for one another or was it actually a suit?

wwf being the World Wildlife Fund
and world wrestling federation

Both were around for quite a a bit, so if it was just for the namesake, why didn't happen sooner? was just curious and something that I've been pondering for awhile.

Rated_R(ob)KO
10-10-2011, 07:04 AM
When the WWF/WWF were facing off in a "lawsuit" for the name was it just publicity for one another or was it actually a suit?

wwf being the World Wildlife Fund
and world wrestling federation

Both were around for quite a a bit, so if it was just for the namesake, why didn't happen sooner? was just curious and something that I've been pondering for awhile.

Ummm... not trying to be a dick but, you're on the internet.... why not look something up? There was a suit though. A very tangled one.

Reichwulf
10-10-2011, 07:08 AM
Ummm... not trying to be a dick but, you're on the internet.... why not look something up? There was a suit though. A very tangled one.

I actually have, which was why i decided to post here and see what others thought, because from what i found it was pretty vague.

dai_haz
10-10-2011, 07:10 AM
they were wwwf then wwf , IT was an actual lawsuit with world wild life fund suing, and they had a deal they could use the wwf banner aslong as they stayed in the u.s but as vince mcmahon had expanded internationally and selling merchandise they decided to sue.

Rated_R(ob)KO
10-10-2011, 07:30 AM
they were wwwf then wwf , IT was an actual lawsuit with world wild life fund suing, and they had a deal they could use the wwf banner aslong as they stayed in the u.s but as vince mcmahon had expanded internationally and selling merchandise they decided to sue.

It was a LOT more complicated than that. It also had to deal with the newly forming internet world and violating other agreements as well.

Rated_R(ob)KO
10-10-2011, 07:33 AM
I actually have, which was why i decided to post here and see what others thought, because from what i found it was pretty vague.

All I did was type in WWF vs WWF and all this came up:

Bing Results (http://www.bing.com/search?q=wwf+vs+wwf&qs=HS&sk=&pq=wwf+&sp=1&sc=8-4&form=QBLH)

shambo2k9
10-10-2011, 07:35 AM
It was a LOT more complicated than that. It also had to deal with the newly forming internet world and violating other agreements as well.

Plus they didn't want panda bears being initiated into the hall of pain.