PDA

View Full Version : Home Page Improvement Suggestions

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
10-09-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm just going to list them, feel free to dismiss or agree with them one by one :)

1) Double the amount of articles shown in the "Latest Discussion" box and include ROH so they show up in the box when the threads are created

2) Get rid of the "Headline" tab and create specific ones for WWE,TNA,ROH,MMA (or any combination)

3) Either remove or continuously update the "Results and Spoilers" tab. I don't know if it Google Chrome or not but the last spoiler in that section is from May 2nd.

4) Do somethings or remove the "Archives" tab. I'm sure keeping every story on there would take up an huge amount of space.

5) It would be pretty cool to add something like a "History" tab that showed various title histories from different companies, maybe a weekly "Wrestler's Spotlight" (if the mods are up to updating it) or "This week in wrestling history." Show pictures of the belts, wrestlers, etc. Something different from the other news sites (I think).

6) It also would be really cool if you got a PM anytime some quotes you on a thread (if that is possible or already no available)

Thanks for your time!

Sully
10-09-2011, 09:34 PM
2) Get rid of the "Headline" tab and create specific ones for WWE,TNA,ROH,MMA (or any combination)

This one is really the only one I disagree with. Adding all of those will make it too crowded, it's much easier just having the simple "Headlines" tab.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
10-09-2011, 09:36 PM
This one is really the only one I disagree with. Adding all of those will make it too crowded, it's much easier just having the simple "Headlines" tab.

True, true.

Krysys
10-09-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm just going to list them, feel free to dismiss or agree with them one by one :)

1) Double the amount of articles shown in the "Latest Discussion" box and include ROH so they show up in the box when the threads are created

3) Either remove or continuously update the "Results and Spoilers" tab. I don't know if it Google Chrome or not but the last spoiler in that section is from May 2nd.

4) Do somethings or remove the "Archives" tab. I'm sure keeping every story on there would take up an huge amount of space.

5) It would be pretty cool to add something like a "History" tab that showed various title histories from different companies, maybe a weekly "Wrestler's Spotlight" (if the mods are up to updating it) or "This week in wrestling history." Show pictures of the belts, wrestlers, etc. Something different from the other news sites (I think).

6) It also would be really cool if you got a PM anytime some quotes you on a thread (if that is possible or already no available)

Thanks for your time!

I generally agree with all of what you said, especially the bold part (I use Chrome too), I would only add that it shows you being signed in while on the home page, not sure if that's just me or not

KJ PUNK
10-09-2011, 10:58 PM
There should be a seperate "Spoilers" tab so you can avoid them altogether.

Example: When Chrisitan lost the title to Orton the taping after he won it, there was an article that said "*SPOILER* - Christian and Orton react to title change" or something along those lines.

pauadrian
10-10-2011, 12:15 AM
I generally agree with all of what you said, especially the bold part (I use Chrome too), I would only add that it shows you being signed in while on the home page, not sure if that's just me or not

pauadrian chrome fanboy agrees

Kashdinero
10-10-2011, 02:53 AM
Lol, the forum and the home page are run by different people. If you want to make suggestions about the home page, then I suggest you contact Ryan Clark :)

If it helps; I'm feeling your pain, guys.

THEKEVINBRAND
10-10-2011, 03:00 AM
remove the archives section!

xAzureSkye
10-10-2011, 12:07 PM
I like the idea of "this week in history" and wrestler spotlight

Kashdinero
10-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Kinda feel like I was completely ignored by the two posters above me. For the life of me, I can't think why.

Rich Cranium
10-10-2011, 02:54 PM
The Main page and this one have nothing to do with the other except that Blogs and the latest threads get published over there.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
10-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Well Mr. Clark needs to check this out.

TheDevilsAdvocate
10-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Talk to a Mod. They can provide the change.

Kashdinero
10-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Talk to a Mod. They can provide the change.

They can?!?!?

TheDevilsAdvocate
10-11-2011, 03:40 PM
They can?!?!?

I know right? I have been here long enough to know that. What I meant was that the Mods probably have a better chance at getting the message across to Frank than the members will.

Kashdinero
10-11-2011, 04:07 PM
I know right? I have been here long enough to know that. What I meant was that the Mods probably have a better chance at getting the message across to Frank than the members will.

Lol, I don't even think that Frank has anything to do with the main news board. We've always been a separate entity as far as I know, Devs.

They're sort of like the neighbours from hell... Or vice versa XDD

HeelTurn
10-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Damn thought this was a thread about Tim "The Toolman" Taylor lol

VanHooliganX
10-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Damn thought this was a thread about Tim "The Toolman" Taylor lol

You're not alone in that thought :P

THEKEVINBRAND
10-11-2011, 11:13 PM
You're not alone in that thought :P

i actually had to re-read the thread title to figure it wasn't about Tim Allen's show

VanHooliganX
10-12-2011, 06:18 AM
i actually had to re-read the thread title to figure it wasn't about Tim Allen's show

I'm honestly surprised it hasn't gotten its own thread. Although with other great shows. Although they're probably mentioned in the TV thread in the Tea Spot.

THEKEVINBRAND
10-12-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm honestly surprised it hasn't gotten its own thread. Although with other great shows. Although they're probably mentioned in the TV thread in the Tea Spot.

I'm gonna derail the thread and say that the crew reunited this summer for Jonathan Taylor Thomas's birthday and the kids look old now! Tim and Jill haven't changed and Wilson sadly died a few years back

HeelTurn
10-12-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm gonna derail the thread and say that the crew reunited this summer for Jonathan Taylor Thomas's birthday and the kids look old now! Tim and Jill haven't changed and Wilson sadly died a few years back

WILSOOOOON,

The names Hoyt dammit!

(Little bit of Family Guy there).

VanHooliganX
10-12-2011, 06:28 PM

Aww Wilson died? Ah man I didn't know :(
Shame as well.

THEKEVINBRAND
10-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Aww Wilson died? Ah man I didn't know :(
Shame as well.

Here's the cast
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/09/08/home-improvement-cast-reunion-official-photo/