PDA

View Full Version : Ziggler vs Swagger

beatfighter3000
10-09-2011, 12:05 PM
For some time WWE were teasing that there could have been a feud between Ziggler and Swagger
and to be quite frank, i'm disappointed it didnt happen

But heres a thread I wanted to make a thread on what you guys would have thought of a full out Ziggler-Swagger feud?
possibly with the US title and Managerial expertise of Vickie on the line?

Thoughts?

lewism173
10-09-2011, 12:42 PM
it's still goin there just not rushing it I predict it will start with a ziggler face turn so this could be a very streched out rivalry

jordan1995
10-09-2011, 12:44 PM
i want a ziggler vs RYDER vs swager us tittle fued

Mizfit
10-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Hopefully it'll happen at around new years, having swagger win the title, then so Dolph can move on to the WWE championship and hopefully get a better reign than he did with the WHC

Tommy Thunder
10-09-2011, 01:32 PM
I'd say there's still potential for it to happen. but why not team them for a while before this?
I'd say it's more than possible that we'll see a Swagger vs Ziggler feud at some point.

I'd like to see Swagger cost Ziggler the title in a match vs Ryder (this allows Ryder to go on to feud with someone else for the title). Then you have ziggler turn face, and feud with Swagger. Ziggler wins the feud and goes on to the main event scene. Swagger stays with Vickie.

SkilletBoi
10-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Ziggler should never turn face: HASHTAG, HEEL.

if anythin he's just gonna become one of those tweeners who the crowd like without actually makin a legit face turn.

Tommy Thunder
10-09-2011, 01:50 PM

if anythin he's just gonna become one of those tweeners who the crowd like without actually makin a legit face turn.

Very few superstars go on to remain heel/face for their entire career. I think it's fair to assume that Ziggler will have a face run at some point.
I find him funny and witty, and I think he'd be a great face. But for now, I'm enjoying him as a heel. I only wish WWE would give him more mic time.

K2Jelly
10-09-2011, 01:59 PM

Nah. Tweeners should really be reserved for those who have a reall badass gimmick where they're willing to compromise the pandering of the morals of the audience and vice versa at anytime. Take SCSA, Goldberg and Lesnar for example.

The Brown One
10-09-2011, 03:06 PM
I quite like the tagteam of Swagger and Ziggler at the moment. They are probably the best one in the WWE right now, and they bounce well off each other. In a few months they should split up and move on to other things.

NickAW1990
10-09-2011, 03:36 PM
More than Swagger or even Zack Ryder I think Drew McIntyre would do great in terms of a feud with Dolph: Now for those who don't mind here is how I would play it:

It would start with a 6 pack challenge match:
Dolph vs Swagger vs Riley vs Ryder vs Morrison vs McIntyre at a post PPV RAW.

It would then end up that Drew would pin any of the faces in what would be called as an epic upset. Then Dolph would perhaps be tweener in this feud, starting to argue with Vickie because he can not gain the title back in certain difficult situations like extra fatal four ways or Triple Threat matches, including any combination of the people in the 6 pack challenge.

Then at the go home Raw he wins a No.1 Contenders match against Riley or Ryder with Vickie not showing particular interest in the victory yet still accompanies him to the ring at the PPV. Then towards a potential Zig Zag or Sleeper Hold attempt near the ropes Vickie and/or Swagger takes Dolph's legs from under him distracts the ref and Drew using the belt, getting the dirty win and then Vickie leaving the ring raising Drew's hand with the belt.

The following Raw Vickie and Drew would get mic with Swagger in the ring as well cutting a really harsh, slightly edgier promo on why Ziggler is a failure in their eyes and Drew announcing a comeback of sorts onto the main shows after the how ever many weeks since winning the title and the PPV title defense and a questionable (in terms of in ring tactics) winning streak starting at that weeks Superstars and going on through the weeks before PPV and the PPV itself to re-establish him as force to be reckoned with.

In my view the face pop for Dolph after a few minutes of that promo should in theory be massive and bring some new and (in my view) needed interest in US belt to make a sort of parallel to the renewed plan for interest in the IC belt.

AOF666
10-09-2011, 03:46 PM
I was hoping for a Swagger vs Ziggler feud. Once again the WWE is throwing darts at a dart board for an idea!

Y2J___Y2J
10-09-2011, 04:21 PM
I'd love to see this feud.. but it makes sense to turn Ziggler face.. Yet Ziggler is a better heel than Swagger IMO
Should be good to see how everything plays out

The Brown One
10-09-2011, 05:38 PM
More than Swagger or even Zack Ryder I think Drew McIntyre would do great in terms of a feud with Dolph: Now for those who don't mind here is how I would play it:

It would start with a 6 pack challenge match:
Dolph vs Swagger vs Riley vs Ryder vs Morrison vs McIntyre at a post PPV RAW.

It would then end up that Drew would pin any of the faces in what would be called as an epic upset. Then Dolph would perhaps be tweener in this feud, starting to argue with Vickie because he can not gain the title back in certain difficult situations like extra fatal four ways or Triple Threat matches, including any combination of the people in the 6 pack challenge.

Then at the go home Raw he wins a No.1 Contenders match against Riley or Ryder with Vickie not showing particular interest in the victory yet still accompanies him to the ring at the PPV. Then towards a potential Zig Zag or Sleeper Hold attempt near the ropes Vickie and/or Swagger takes Dolph's legs from under him distracts the ref and Drew using the belt, getting the dirty win and then Vickie leaving the ring raising Drew's hand with the belt.

The following Raw Vickie and Drew would get mic with Swagger in the ring as well cutting a really harsh, slightly edgier promo on why Ziggler is a failure in their eyes and Drew announcing a comeback of sorts onto the main shows after the how ever many weeks since winning the title and the PPV title defense and a questionable (in terms of in ring tactics) winning streak starting at that weeks Superstars and going on through the weeks before PPV and the PPV itself to re-establish him as force to be reckoned with.

In my view the face pop for Dolph after a few minutes of that promo should in theory be massive and bring some new and (in my view) needed interest in US belt to make a sort of parallel to the renewed plan for interest in the IC belt.

I actually like your idea. But they will have to do a lot of work for this to happen. They already look to be heading towards a Ziggler-Swagger feud in the future, so I'm not sure the likelihood of your scenario happening. Still, Drew getting more spotlight would be good for him.

Joonny
10-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Jack Swagger will turn on Ziggler sooner or later :)
Maybe a match at WM?

thatguy2011
10-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Jack Swagger will turn on Ziggler sooner or later :)
Maybe a match at WM?

If he does that, it should be at the Royal Rumble. Swagger helps Ziggler take out someone and when Ziggler turns his back, he gets thrown out by Swagger.

Reloval
10-09-2011, 09:38 PM
I'd rather see Ziggler in the WWE title picture ASAP.

No_1eddiefan
10-09-2011, 10:53 PM
I'm hoping this feud does happen, but they stretch it out.

Make Zig Swag feud for the Tag Titles and win them, defend them for a while before losing them to the Kings of Wrestling when they arrive, around the RR 2012.

Around the same time, have somebody like Ryder going for the US Championship, but have Vickie persuade Triple H to make the match a triple threat with Zig Swag involved.

Have Swagger win the match by making Ryder tap out, but have both Ziggler & Swagger qualify for the Elimination Chamber. Have neither win, and then have Ziggler challenge Swagger to a match on Raw for the US Championship, but Vickie screws Dolph, giving him the win by DQ, turning him face and leading to another match at Mania.

Imagine it. Dolph Ziggler vs. Jack Swagger at Wrestlemania. Could steal the show from a wrestling point of view.

rss3004
10-10-2011, 04:49 AM
They should keep them together for atleast a month, and have them win the tag-team championship, then have them feud over the US title. Ziggler wins the feud, but drops the title, moving on to the main-event picture, and Swagger feuds with McIntyre over the US title.

BlazersDozen
10-10-2011, 06:08 AM
I'd say there's still potential for it to happen. but why not team them for a while before this?
I'd say it's more than possible that we'll see a Swagger vs Ziggler feud at some point.

I'd like to see Swagger cost Ziggler the title in a match vs Ryder (this allows Ryder to go on to feud with someone else for the title). Then you have ziggler turn face, and feud with Swagger. Ziggler wins the feud and goes on to the main event scene. Swagger stays with Vickie.

Wouldn't that be turning Swagger face since he's costing a heel a championship to a face?

steveorton
10-10-2011, 10:40 AM
For some time WWE were teasing that there could have been a feud between Ziggler and Swagger
and to be quite frank, i'm disappointed it didnt happen

But heres a thread I wanted to make a thread on what you guys would have thought of a full out Ziggler-Swagger feud?
possibly with the US title and Managerial expertise of Vickie on the line?

Thoughts?

I also wanted to see Ziggler vs Swagger because it was becoming very interesting. Although I don't mind them tag teaming because imo with both their background they would have great chemistry as a tag team.