PDA

View Full Version : Missing the point!!!!

ChrisQ1
10-11-2010, 06:13 PM
I've been reading the latest forums about bound for glory and the reveal of 'they'. While most of the critism has been negitive I personally believe that people are missing the point here. TNA ACHIEVED WHAT THEY WANTED TO ACHIEVE. They wanted the wrestling world to be focusing on them. when has anyone ever talked this much about a past bound for glory. when has anyone talked so much about a heel turn in TNA. Even diehard WWE fans are talking about TNA and even though most are slagging them off for the angle I bet most if not all of those people with the negitive comments will tune into impact to see the fallout.

I'll be the first to admit that it was a piss-poor PPV no where near the level the biggest show of the year should be on but at the end of the day everyone is talking about TNA, whether its good or bad TNA did achieve what they wanted to at bound for glory

Robstar
10-11-2010, 06:20 PM
I just replied on another post that it has got us all talking about it, so in a way it's been successful. Whether that transfers to ratings and buyrates remains to be seen

Necroyeti
10-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Yes. This is vintage Eric Bischoff, following his "controversy creates cash" mantra as he once did in WCW. It might NOT be the greatest idea ever to model your promotion off of dead ones (WCW and ECW), but that motto is generally a sound business approach if used correctly. (PROTIP: it wasn't in WCW)

The problem (for me) is 1) it did not live up to the gross overhype, 2) I didn't care much about the Jarret/Hogan/Bischoff/Sting/Nash saga in the first place, and 3) I also couldn't care if Jeff Hardy is a heel. (The impact zone will probably still squeee in his presence anyway) No amount of TNA achieving what the wanted to achieve could make me care about it any more.

I'm just going to stick to the PPVs now. Their storylines might be in disarray (IMO) but at least they still have some great wrestling.

Necroyeti
10-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Also, I think today and yesterday is the first time the TNA section of the forum has had way more viewers than the WWE one.

Jus' sayin'.

NecroButcher187
10-11-2010, 06:48 PM
I know that in most cases any publicity is good publicity, but not in this case. Is their forum hot today?? Yes. Will it be for weeks to come?? F@#k no!! When you have the opportunity to flip the wrestling world upside down....when you've got the whole wrestling world (including WWE) axiously anticipating your move, and you drop the ball so severely, that cannot be good long term. If they screwed up their version of WM so horribly, what makes you ythink they're gonna hit the light switch and give us months of riveting storyline now?? Simply put: they're not. The core audience will still watch, but last night was a chance to capture the attention of the casual, all-I-know-is-WWE fan, and instead they failed miserably. This was even worst than their move to Monday nights....and thats saying a mouthful!!!

Robstar
10-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Also, I think today and yesterday is the first time the TNA section of the forum has had way more viewers than the WWE one.

Jus' sayin'.

I know! Now the WWE boards are like a ghost town

SilverGhost
10-11-2010, 10:19 PM
The problem (for me) is 1) it did not live up to the gross overhype, 2) I didn't care much about the Jarret/Hogan/Bischoff/Sting/Nash saga in the first place, and 3) I also couldn't care if Jeff Hardy is a heel. (The impact zone will probably still squeee in his presence anyway) No amount of TNA achieving what the wanted to achieve could make me care about it any more.

Agreed. All hype no delivery. Wait....poorest delivery I have seen in YEARS as a fan of wrestling.

Enlgish_TNA4LYF_FAN
10-11-2010, 10:38 PM
dud why "stick 2 their ppv's" ??/ u wont GET IT if u just watch ppvs man.
watch iMPACT and maybe u will GET the ppvs it seems u dnt knw wats goin on!

Necroyeti
10-11-2010, 11:13 PM
I have been watching Impact, but I don't really want to anymore. I'm sure I'll be able to infer what's going on just fine with the recaps and by listening to Tazz and Tenay.

Perhaps you should watch your English teacher and maybe you will GET grammar, it seems you don't know how to write.

SilverGhost
10-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Lets just calm down. We know that English TNA fan is hypnotized by Hogan and Bischoff so don't try.

ChrisQ1
10-12-2010, 02:27 AM
Lets just calm down. We know that English TNA fan is hypnotized by Hogan and Bischoff so don't try.

first thing, I am also from england and we have one of the highest literacy rates in the world and this also a forum. Everything doesnt have to be spelled correctly its not a freaking essay.

Second thing, SilverGhost you are so narrow minded. All the TNA fans I know absolutly hate hogan and bishoff so to say that us 'English' fans are hypnotized by them is obsered.

Robstar
10-12-2010, 02:34 AM
first thing, I am also from england and we have one of the highest literacy rates in the world and this also a forum. Everything doesnt have to be spelled correctly its not a freaking essay.

Second thing, SilverGhost you are so narrow minded. All the TNA fans I know absolutly hate hogan and bishoff so to say that us 'English' fans are hypnotized by them is obsered.

I think the inference was on the word that, as in that particular poster, not ALL the English. Robstar however knows that you English do in fact worship Spotted Dick and The Naked Vicar. They were pommy wrestlers weren't they? ;)

Just taking the piss mate. You are right, it's not an essay. (But it's spelled obsurd) :D

jamesstrange
10-12-2010, 05:35 AM
I've been reading the latest forums about bound for glory and the reveal of 'they'. While most of the critism has been negitive I personally believe that people are missing the point here. TNA ACHIEVED WHAT THEY WANTED TO ACHIEVE. They wanted the wrestling world to be focusing on them. when has anyone ever talked this much about a past bound for glory. when has anyone talked so much about a heel turn in TNA. Even diehard WWE fans are talking about TNA and even though most are slagging them off for the angle I bet most if not all of those people with the negitive comments will tune into impact to see the fallout.

I'll be the first to admit that it was a piss-poor PPV no where near the level the biggest show of the year should be on but at the end of the day everyone is talking about TNA, whether its good or bad TNA did achieve what they wanted to at bound for glory

I get what your saying and your right its getting people to talk in the short term and the attention is on TNA for now, but my issue is that although people are talking about it I don't the whole any publicity is good publicity stuff works here for two reasons. First although it might help some viewers tune in to TNA in the short run many loyal TNA, myself included feel so dissapointed by what happened, who like me may have given TNA chance after chance will finally stop watching. And with those who are watching in the short term TNA will need to do something just as good to keep them hooked. Secondly, although some fans may like the angle and where it's going others will note that it's just a rehash of the NWO angle with Bishcoff and Hogan again with some different guys, and even worse, guys who as a team don't really work together, i.e. Abyss has become a bit of a joke since Hogan and Bischoff arrived but also why is Jarrett involved? Yes he used to own the company but was't Bishcoff trying to destroy Jeff's career not long ago? From that respect it's insulting fans who can remember what happened two months ago let a long a decade ago.

The whole idea of Bishcoff also involved in this with who, Russo just screams WCW and WCW when things went bad. I wasn't a fan at the time but I bet people were talking when David Arquette won the WCW heavyweight title, but what happened to the company and its viewership in the long run?

shanethewolf
10-12-2010, 08:55 AM
You could say that "all publicity is good publicity" but when everybody is talking about how disappointing it was, how many times TNA keep letting down the fans and how dumb the angle is, and there are many fans who are just fed up of TNA now and won't tune in any more, so that's really not good publicity.

People talk about how it was unexpected and unpredictable, but I totally disagree there. Ok, I didn't know Jeff would be the one to turn, but I did expect some random main eventer to turn and the whole sequence was such a cliche and it's been done the same way a million times before. Does the old double bluff really fool anyone these days? It was all very predictable in my opinion.

Bodom
10-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Talking yes, but I'd hardly call people saying "TNA SUCKS BALLS", yadda yadda etc a good thing.

Bodom
10-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Agreed. All hype no delivery. Wait....poorest delivery I have seen in YEARS as a fan of wrestling.

The last 5 minutes of BFG was the dumbest thing TNA has ever done. Dumber than AJ in a turkey suit, dumber than Pilgrim Kurt Angle, dumber than that Tar & Feather BS, dumber than Jenna Morasca, and dumber than Super Eric. Iv also attended the Impact taping where Foley wrestled a goddamn cardboard cutout of Rocky Balboa and smacked myself in the face for having driven 3 1/2 hours and almost gotten a speeding ticket

Been a fan of TNA for years, but im done. Game over TNA, game over.

Kayfabe
10-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Actually, BFG didn't make me want to focus in on them at all. It made me want to watch Raw/Smackdown/NWA/ROH/Chikara.

Necroyeti
10-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Chikara's a great promotion, but I feel a bit overwhelmed by it at times. (mostly because I've only started watching it recently)

After reading Thursday's iMPACT spoilers, I might try out German Stampede Wrestling's new weekly show instead. I've heard good things about it.

Red devil
10-12-2010, 04:13 PM
i think you are all over reacting "they" only happened three days ago why cant people give them a chance?
look at wcw it took them ages to become a great product that beat wwe in the ratings for 52 weeks in a row and god they came up with some really bad matches and gimmicks and i mean raw smackdown and nxt arent exactly that good now.

Robstar
10-12-2010, 05:58 PM
You forget that careers and storylines are made or broken by kneejerk reaction from fans. Wrestling fans aren't known to be the most backward in coming forward with their opinions and those opinions ultimately determine revenue. Also, wrestling fans aren't, by and large, the most patient people either. (I know I'm generalising and I'll own that it's IMO) If you flub the beginning of a story as bad as this, then what are the chances people are going to stick around to see it through? Slim to f*ck all. I'll tell you, TNA need to do everything right from here on out with this angle.

SilverGhost
10-12-2010, 11:59 PM

Chris that wasn't towards you as an Englishman. That was towards EnglishTNAfan4lyf -.-