PDA

View Full Version : Why all the Hate?

HBK
10-09-2011, 01:04 AM
On John Cena? I know another Cena Thread but just here me out 1st. Ok i liked Cena from day 1 and i still do but i do wish he would lose more and not have the belt every 2-3 months, same thing with Orton. But will every1 start hating Punk when he becomes SuperPunk? You can say oh he won't do that, but, really if Vince is giving him Cena money, he will not turn it down or want to lose it, so he WILL listen to Vince. Who's says Cena gets too choose who to put over? or he can say let me loose this match so i can put over whoever? Now he can mix it sometimes but maybe sometime's Vince says be SuperCena tonight? Really tho if you hate Cena or want him to not have the title so much, then Buy the merchandise and the tickets too the show's, and no not going to 1 or 2 events a year or buy 1-2 thing's on the shop don't really count, buy the PPV'S and go to show's, when it's near at least, and buy who you want to get a push or who you like and buy their stuff. Sure it's not going to automatically happen but it will get them more T.V. time at least. Thoughts?
*Whew Rant over*

68wPayne
10-09-2011, 01:17 AM
The hate on John Cena is mainly due to 2 reasons I believe. 1. He is constantly shoved down our throats and people are getting sick of it. 2. It is the cool thing for the IWC to pick on. People always have to bitch about someone. It used to be Triple H sleeping his way to the top (that's right, I haven't forgotten everyone bitching about that even though it seems everyone else has), Hogan, both Hardy Boyz, etc. There will always be someone that everyone complains about because once a couple of people start bitching it spreads like wildfire.

HBK
10-09-2011, 01:46 AM
The hate on John Cena is mainly due to 2 reasons I believe. 1. He is constantly shoved down our throats and people are getting sick of it. 2. It is the cool thing for the IWC to pick on. People always have to bitch about someone. It used to be Triple H sleeping his way to the top (that's right, I haven't forgotten everyone bitching about that even though it seems everyone else has), Hogan, both Hardy Boyz, etc. There will always be someone that everyone complains about because once a couple of people start bitching it spreads like wildfire.

That's what I'm saying people love to bitch but won't do shit to help the change they want but just bitch like they should listen to them instead of the people actually paying money and also wanna know when/if Punk becomes SuperPunk will every1 start bitching about him

Dr. Death
10-09-2011, 02:14 AM
That's what I'm saying people love to bitch but won't do shit to help the change they want but just bitch like they should listen to them instead of the people actually paying money and also wanna know when/if Punk becomes SuperPunk will every1 start bitching about him

There is more merchandise sold on WWE Shop.com than there is at all live events and PPV's combined. You don't have to go to an event or show to support your favorite wrestler or call for change. Going to an event/show is a great experience and fans should try to go to one if they can just for the experience alone. There is a lot of complaining about John Cena because of him being portrayed as SuperCena. Some have legitimate complaints, and some just bitch about him. This is the trend of wrestling forums all over the internet. As far as CM Punk goes, he has his fans and his haters, the same as every wrestler who has laced up their boots. The point is that it doesn't matter, it's going to continue no matter what anyone has to say about the subject.

zapphoman
10-09-2011, 02:19 AM

I will never bitch about Punk. I was a fan of his before "The Shoot Heard Around The World" and I will remain a fan unless he does something I completely disagree with, like if he were to attack a woman (you know like Randy Orton did.)

I don't hate Cena as much as I used to, but I can understand why people would hate on him.

The only wrestlers I hate right now are RKO and K2. I fast forward anything they are involved in.

jrsckilla23
10-09-2011, 02:23 AM
I never liked Cena since his homonomics bullshit especially for a white boy who grew up in West Newbury NOT BOSTON cuz that's were the real thugs are at West Newbury is the rich side of Boston and he went to a private high school tell me do THUGS go to private school....NO!!. His promos are boring ass hell says the same shit all the time kissing ass to the fans about how great there, how he says he only entertains the people who wear the colors proud which means fuck everybody else I'm just entertaining people who buy my merchandise FUCK HIM and he can't even put on great matches that people will ever remember cuz there is only 2 I know Shawn Michaels and CM Punk that's it....Stone Cold, The Rock, Undertaker, Mick Foley, Edge, Triple H, Christian, Shawn Michaels, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Ric Flair, Macho Man, Bret Hart, Booker T, Batista and even Cm Punk have given the fans what we want to see WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT and they all have done it way better than John Cena cuz Cena will never be in all of those great wrestlers league so Cena Sucks and always will be a fan of his all you want but if you Cena fans still cheer for him your gonna hear and see the same shit for another 9 more years

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/jrsckilla23/314665_273340639350520_247118128639438_1061524_193 793533_n.jpg

HBK
10-09-2011, 02:24 AM
There is more merchandise sold on WWE Shop.com than there is at all live events and PPV's combined. You don't have to go to an event or show to support your favorite wrestler or call for change. Going to an event/show is a great experience and fans should try to go to one if they can just for the experience alone. There is a lot of complaining about John Cena because of him being portrayed as SuperCena. Some have legitimate complaints, and some just bitch about him. This is the trend of wrestling forums all over the internet. As far as CM Punk goes, he has his fans and his haters, the same as every wrestler who has laced up their boots. The point is that it doesn't matter, it's going to continue no matter what anyone has to say about the subject.

Yea but still every1 that bitch's wont buy the merchandise but like i said they will bitch about it but not try to change it by buying their product.

Brewer 314
10-09-2011, 02:26 AM
It is the cool thing for the IWC to pick on.

Stop making that 'IWC' term into a entity.

HBK
10-09-2011, 02:27 AM
I never liked Cena since his homonomics bullshit especially for a white boy who grew up in West Newbury NOT BOSTON cuz that's were the real thugs are at West Newbury is the rich side of Boston and he went to a private high school tell me do THUGS go to private school....NO!!. His promos are boring ass hell says the same shit all the time kissing ass to the fans about how great there, how he says he only entertains the people who wear the colors proud which means fuck everybody else I'm just entertaining people who buy my merchandise FUCK HIM and he can't even put on great matches that people will ever remember cuz there is only 2 I know Shawn Michaels and CM Punk that's it....Stone Cold, The Rock, Undertaker, Mick Foley, Edge, Triple H, Christian, Shawn Michaels, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Ric Flair, Macho Man, Bret Hart, Booker T, Batista and even Cm Punk have given the fans what we want to see WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT and they all have done it way better than John Cena cuz Cena will never be in all of those great wrestlers league so Cena Sucks and always will be a fan of his all you want but if you Cena fans still cheer for him your gonna hear and see the same shit for another 9 more years

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/jrsckilla23/314665_273340639350520_247118128639438_1061524_193 793533_n.jpg

CM Punk said a homophoic slur, no hate for him tho and what happens when Punk turns into Cena? you still gonna like him still

Brewer 314
10-09-2011, 02:36 AM
CM Punk said a homophoic slur, no hate for him tho and what happens when Punk turns into Cena? you still gonna like him still

Getrrrduuunnn.......

Even your posts have a Southern Twang .

You must have a big share of stock in Ecko (Cena's jort supplier) in order to be defending the guy.

The Brown One
10-09-2011, 02:36 AM

Believe me, some people will turn eventually. I'm guessing people will start complaining about Sheamus sooner though..since hes started doing a "5 moves of doom"-like match.

Dr. Death
10-09-2011, 03:21 AM
Yea but still every1 that bitch's wont buy the merchandise but like i said they will bitch about it but not try to change it by buying their product.

How do you know that the people who bitch don't buy merchandise? There is more to trying to change things than just buying a superstars product. Granted it does help, but there are other ways to accomplish this. However in the aspect that there are a lot of people out there that do nothing but bitch, moan, whine and complain without ever doing anything about the situation, you are correct. Just try not to let it bother you so much because it won't change anytime soon.

HBK
10-09-2011, 04:04 AM
Getrrrduuunnn.......

Even your posts have a Southern Twang .

You must have a big share of stock in Ecko (Cena's jort supplier) in order to be defending the guy.

Yes i said i like the guy but i do wish he wouldn't win all the time and not be champ every 2-3 months, i root against him but i still like the guy

BIGZrudypoo812
10-09-2011, 04:05 AM
i dont hate Cena, but i dont like him Cena at the same time. he get the best reaction from the crowd not ovation but reaction everyone has an opinion about him so that makes him interesting to me, every time he comes out idk if it will be HUGE Boo's or a mixed reaction OR in the current Era of WWE the No Reaction What so ever. lol John Cenas character is the reason i dont like him and because of him and Family Friendlyness in the WWE we have soooo many familys that dont know shit the crowds dont Pop when guys music hits

CrowOfMurders
10-09-2011, 05:34 AM
On John Cena? I know another Cena Thread but just here me out 1st. Ok i liked Cena from day 1 and i still do but i do wish he would lose more and not have the belt every 2-3 months, same thing with Orton. But will every1 start hating Punk when he becomes SuperPunk? You can say oh he won't do that, but, really if Vince is giving him Cena money, he will not turn it down or want to lose it, so he WILL listen to Vince. Who's says Cena gets too choose who to put over? or he can say let me loose this match so i can put over whoever? Now he can mix it sometimes but maybe sometime's Vince says be SuperCena tonight? Really tho if you hate Cena or want him to not have the title so much, then Buy the merchandise and the tickets too the show's, and no not going to 1 or 2 events a year or buy 1-2 thing's on the shop don't really count, buy the PPV'S and go to show's, when it's near at least, and buy who you want to get a push or who you like and buy their stuff. Sure it's not going to automatically happen but it will get them more T.V. time at least. Thoughts?
*Whew Rant over*

OK,you make 2 points:
1)The possibility of SuperPunk:
Pros- SuperPunk would sell even better. He'd be the badass alternative to Punk,the WWE's dark knight,do whatever necessary win @ all costs,do things his way. I don't see why making a SuperPunk would be a bad idea(since in this business,there will ALWAYS be unbeatable characters) After the sugarcoated fruity pebbles of SuperCena for so long,the boring toned down promos and rhetorical catch phrases,having a SuperPunk alternative wouldn't be a bad thing,not for a little while atleast. Also as people have already mentioned,every superstar has critics,and Punk has his fair share. There are also major Punk marks out there to support him,just like John Cena has,even to this day.

Also,a "SuperPunk" character who wins all the time wouldn't be the same thing as SuperCena,because we've all seen Punk being buried for many years. His voice of the voiceless gimmick has a strong basis on the fact that,Punk has infact proven himself time and again to be a fantastic inring performer,and a pipebomb on the mic. Yet he's been buried for the last couple of years,especially after the SES fell apart. Therefore Punk's megapush won't be as nauseating as Cena's,just for the very fact that we've seen Punk mistreated and misused. Cena has been rocketing to the top since his debut. Love him all you want,but anybody's bound to get sick of that after a while. So how can you blame the IWC for hating on him so much? Therefore,I don't think it's the same thing. We(fans and critics) are tired of John Cena in his current incarnation. Punk's already shown a great deal of range,and performed as different characters,which is what makes Punk more bankable. So Superpunk? Sure why not,and if he continues to sell,he deserves to be around as long as Supercena does.

2)Fan interaction to voice your support: Reading this point took me back to all the tweets by Cena about how "If you hate him so much,buy tickets to events and make youre voice heard,and buy other people's merchandise,love Ryder?,buy his shirt,hate Cena? boo him live" and this idea really gives me a chuckle. Honestly,are fans THAT naive? The way to fix the WWE is to go to live events and buy merchandise! That'll show 'em! The endless sea of toddlers in head to toe Cena gear is gonna tremble in fear when you show up and buy a best in the world Punk shirt! All the booing people have been doing towards Cena for YEARS have really made a difference,since he's clearly turning heel? I love how fans are being worked using the internet,it's ingenious really. I really think the days of the WWE using crowd response gauge their direction are long gone,or else SuperCena would've evolved and at the very least turned heel. I remember someone mentioning in a thread how the strategy is,they love keeping Cena this way so that everyone who loves him buys his stuff,and everyone who doesn't,buys the other guys. The live events plug is obviously because,in general attendance is down at every show,not just WWE,not just Smackdown. What's a better way than to get Cena to light a fire in his fans and haters. "Hey,you don't like me? buy a ticket and come boo me,buy a miz shirt and a punk shirt,and sit there while all the kids and women cheer me on while I basically say f*ck u unless u buy my shit" It won't change anything,but keep doing it every week,and maybe you'll see more of Daniel Bryan,Drew McIntyre and Tyson Kidd....on Superstars!" I'm sure merchandise plays a part,but truth is,if they don't want to push you,they won't,no matter how many t-shirts you sell. Also,the guys who really need the support don't usually get more than 1 t-shirt if at all. Just seems like a way to work the crowd.

rafalafaa
10-09-2011, 06:54 AM
hating on Cena is justifiable depending on how you look at it. But people not respecting the guy is just insane. He lives for this company...yet people praise guys like Chavo, London, and Kendrick who will trash the company as soon as they are forced to leave it. Cena has the right attitude, makes money, and is probably a great be a great ass kisser lol. My respect for Cena comes from the fact that he always pulls through in the clutch. When he has a high profile match, he never disappoints.

The hate for CM Punk has already started. Its getting ridiculous. People complain nonstop about him not doing anything for years, and his forgettable championship runs. Then, a few weeks after MITB people already start turning on him. Its like a reverse flavor of the week. The person who is the talk of wrestling will get hate from people who just like to argue. Whoever thought that there would be hipsters in wrestling?

CMhuw24
10-09-2011, 07:23 AM
The differnce is Cena was entertainment, Punk currently is. I mean look at the last few feuds Punks been in as a tweener, one against WWE as the voice of the voiceless and another as a change maker vs HHH.
Cenas last storyines, vs Del Rio because he didnt feel it was right del rio won it the way he did, before that was truth, and before that was Miz, but ofcourse he came out ontop of all of them.
We get stale of Cena, because we can predict what hes gonna do, Punk on the other hand, we currently cant, or will ever be able to tell what hes going to do next. He makes watching Raw a must do for him as youu dont know whats coming, as he is the underdog, unlike Cena.
I cant beleive im going to say this, but WWE need to look at how TNA is building Robert Roode for BFG as i beleive it is working very well as he looks to be the ultimate underdog.

K Faybe
10-09-2011, 07:56 AM
John Cena's character is stale and boring that's why I & many others don't like him, they turn RAW into the Cena show, I know people do like him, but did he have to main event every PPV & Raw, does he have to keep winning the belt again & again, he's already over, he doesn't need the title, I just wish they'd do more with him.

I have always been a fan of CM Punk & always thought he would one day end up in the WWE, his ECW stuff & SEC angles on Smackdown were the best thing on both shows, he seemed to loose steam with the whole Nexus thing, but the 'shoot' promo put him back on the map & brought his talents to the attention of more fans.
When he 'stole' the title from the company I marked out, but since he has returned he seems to have become abit 'vanilla' teaming with Cena etc..
I expected more to come from the 'voice of the voiceless' & 'change maker' angles, unfortunately when the WWE realise something is over with the fans they ruin it, it seems they are slowly moulding Punk into the next Cena - I hope I am wrong

cubco
10-09-2011, 08:56 AM
When debuted i loved him, i was a massive fan. When he had his first WWE Title after beating JBL i was loving it, but then when Edge cashed in, I marked out big time and i started to go off of Cena. But saying that, i still think he is a great talent and gets hate that he doesnt deserve

I might get linched for this, but i dont care .... at wrestlemania i am on Team CeNation and not Team Bring It

lolcheelol
10-09-2011, 11:01 AM
its because its the cool thing to do. i'm pretty sure mick foley wrote a huge tweet on why john cena is good. he along with other respected wrestlers have said cena is a good worker, including cm punk.

K Faybe
10-09-2011, 11:41 AM
its because its the cool thing to do. i'm pretty sure mick foley wrote a huge tweet on why john cena is good. he along with other respected wrestlers have said cena is a good worker, including cm punk.

I don't think people just dislike Cena to be cool, many are fully aware that he is a good worker & most like him as a person, he actually seems like a genuine nice guy, but his character is stale & he's on tv far too much, most people are tired of the same old stuff.

JamFran
10-09-2011, 11:54 AM
I'll be honest, I kinda like Cena. I have massive respect for the guy, and the character he portrays seems very true to who he is (Ran into him once down at Channelside in Tampa and he seemed the same guy he portrays on film.) I do feel his matches can be boring at times when he just gets beat up for 9/10's of the match only to comeback at the end to win, but when he's against a good opponent (i.e. Punk) his matches are entertaining.

Y2Jryder
10-09-2011, 01:35 PM
In the IWC it's all about hating:D

Russo swerve
10-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Cena sucks and I dont care what u ppl have to sat about it hes full of shit and corny as hell

K2Jelly
10-09-2011, 02:53 PM
Cena sucjs and I dont care what u ppl have to sat aboyt it hes full of shit and corny as hell

You mean like Vince Russo?

Russo swerve
10-09-2011, 03:05 PM

Was that suppose to hurt my feelings pee wee?

Russo swerve
10-09-2011, 03:06 PM

K2Jelly
10-09-2011, 03:07 PM

Naw. Just stating the obvious. :p

kersh
10-09-2011, 03:17 PM
all ill say is,
at live even in manchester UK last november cena opened the show introducing Wade Barrett (hometown) huge heat
but when it came to his match the chants carried on but most people knew they where seeing a good (though short) match

we had a bet with the lads infront of us on how many different moves cena would do, they guessed 5, we guessed 6. final score was 12!!
we were all shocked

AOF666
10-09-2011, 03:55 PM
I use to hate Cena alot. When WWE put Orton on Smackdown and turn him into Super Orton, that's when I started to hate Cena less. I literally hate Randy Orton with a passion, because he buries pretty much everyone he fights. Now that Punk moved up and things are more focus on HHH(which is not a good thing), Cena is not as bad and not being shoved down our throats as much. Only I can't stand is how is he is always in the title picture no matter what. Whether he is involved with it in a feud or not, somehow he is thrown in the title picture.

charmingone28
10-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Honeslty I dont hate him I think he's a good guy, of course I'm reffering to John Cena the man and not the wrestler. Cena the man is a very caring and compasionate person who does a lot of very good charity work and is great when it comes to being a somewhat role model for children *steroids aside* I mean come on nobody gets that jacked without a bit of help

THE HEARTBREAK KID
10-10-2011, 10:12 AM
ive never understood the hatred for john cena, this is a man that brings in tons of money for the wwe , eats,drinks and sleeps wwe, has no interest in leaving the wwe, anything else he does comes second.. HOWEVER !! im not a fan of john cena, the reason being how can a top face of the company get the boos he gets yet does nothing too change the way he is or acts , the superman thing is very fitting because thats what he appears too be, at times it's not like the older fans have turned there back on him.. but more he turns his back on the older fans knowing he has the love of the younger generation, now i know vince calls the shots and says what he wants him too do , but cena is the top guy he has power , this cena charecter will be around for as long as he lives.. superman is here too stay and thats what i dislike there is no change, no new moves , no nothing.. people hate orton!! and i cant understand that, this is a guy who yeh he wins too much.. but at least he gives us some edge, differnt moves and stuff i can take that.. but the same old stuff and then sorting laughing at us knowing how much hate he gets yet still does nothing thats what i dont like.. BUT.. i think too myself if i had been a kid around the cena era would i have been a cena fan ?. i hope not...

68wPayne
10-10-2011, 10:16 AM
ive never understood the hatred for john cena, this is a man that brings in tons of money for the wwe , eats,drinks and sleeps wwe, has no interest in leaving the wwe, anything else he does comes second.. HOWEVER !! im not a fan of john cena, the reason being how can a top face of the company get the boos he gets yet does nothing too change the way he is or acts , the superman thing is very fitting because thats what he appears too be, at times it's not like the older fans have turned there back on him.. but more he turns his back on the older fans knowing he has the love of the younger generation, now i know vince calls the shots and says what he wants him too do , but cena is the top guy he has power , this cena charecter will be around for as long as he lives.. superman is here too stay and thats what i dislike there is no change, no new moves , no nothing.. people hate orton!! and i cant understand that, this is a guy who yeh he wins too much.. but at least he gives us some edge, differnt moves and stuff i can take that.. but the same old stuff and then sorting laughing at us knowing how much hate he gets yet still does nothing thats what i dont like.. BUT.. i think too myself if i had been a kid around the cena era would i have been a cena fan ?. i hope not...

It's hard to focus on your post when I am staring at Maryse in her underbritches

THE HEARTBREAK KID
10-10-2011, 10:18 AM
It's hard to focus on your post when I am staring at Maryse in her underbritches

haha :) when you get bored of reading just look down for a bit.. see how fine maryse is and then carry on LOL

steveorton
10-10-2011, 10:32 AM
I will never bitch about Punk. I was a fan of his before "The Shoot Heard Around The World" and I will remain a fan unless he does something I completely disagree with, like if he were to attack a woman (you know like Randy Orton did.)

I don't hate Cena as much as I used to, but I can understand why people would hate on him.

The only wrestlers I hate right now are RKO and K2. I fast forward anything they are involved in.

Didn't Jericho punch a woman with a camera :)

steveorton
10-10-2011, 10:37 AM
I don't think it's up to Cena and Orton Vince always has the last word so if he says they have to win imo they are just doing their jobs. However I think both guys has the power to tell Vince who they think should be pushed or not.

Rich Cranium
10-10-2011, 10:45 AM
The only thing I dislike about Cena is his theme music. It's horrible. I mute the TV when I hear the first 2 seconds of it.