PDA

View Full Version : Bound For Glory

jamesstrange
10-11-2010, 10:15 AM
The last few years TNA have suffered in terms of booker, yet whereas at least years BFG they had one or two good things about it including Morgan V Angle and AJ v Sting, really this year the quality of their top PPV of the year was so lacking it really makes you think if this is the best they can offer, what's the worst? And the sad thing is, they pretty much killed the PPV before Sunday because although there were, maybe one or two good things about it, there was nothing to write how about, except maybe MCMG's V Generation Me, yet I think they've had better matches.

I'm just going to write about what I thought were the things TNA did completey wrong.

1. Fortune V EV.2, Lethal Lockdown= I don't get what the point of this match was because you don't buy a PPV to watch a bunch of wrestlers from the 90's who are over the hill against some of the best young wrestlers in the business. For starters, it makes these young guys look weak having them compete against these guys, who all part from Rhino and Sabu aren't great wrestlers at this point in their careers and shouldn't be working a PPV because how are you suppose to draw off guys who really are WWE rejects? As for Fortune, you have AJ Styles, Robert Roode, James Storm, Matt Morgan and Kaz who are all not just great wrestlers but guys who could be put to better use in multiple matches and fighting guys in the main event, because with the exception of Storm and Kaz who I think would be top mid card guys, the rest should be competing for the world title.

I liked the idea of Fortune but what I don't understand is why make these guys, brilliant wrestlers work together when they don't need to and why have them lose and look weak against a bunch of guys most fan's don't really care about anymore. A theory I have had since Flair came into TNA is that Russo and creative want to destroy his legacy, and this whole thing with Fortune as this new Four Horsemen is just to destroy another part of his credibility, while taking some of the best wrestlers TNA have down with him because the Fortune guys are so much better than this feud.

My final issue is more of a long term thing, why a lethal lockdown match? I understand in keeping with the whole Four Horseman thing from a decade ago but isn't Lethal lockdown supposed to be one of reasons I should buy their March Lockdown PPV? I know its a weird thing for a fan to be worried about TNA's marketing strategy but it just again hurts in the long run I think and sort of dents the prestige of this match.

2. the Women's title match: The whole division died for me with Awesome Kong yet the whole thing with the BP actually got my attention, until the whole thing with Tara being the biker with no reason given. On the plus side, no Lacy Von Erichson in this match.

3. Abyss V RVD: The whole gimmick has just been unrealistic and ridduculous. When they took the title off Van Dam, it hurt the credibility of the belt but to play on him beign made of stitches and tied together by staples, and you see if and there's no scratch on him? Also surely for all his antics Abyss should be in jail right now, right? I personally lost resspect for RVD when he slagged off the TNA lockeroom and said its not their fault he was the best guy there to carry the belt but since he came to TNA he's looked like nothing special and again when he won the world title, it hurt the belt a lot.

4. The old men match which has Joe, Jarrett and the Pope in: Its not the fact thest guys are old, Hogan and Nash especially shouldn't be allowed into the ring anymore, but to drag Sting into it when he would be used in a better match. The same with Jarrett, because although yes he's old, I personally think he could still work with teh young guys and be a great mid-carder. As for Pope and Joe, why? Joe has not been used right since Russo returned to teh fold and as for the Pope, till recently one of teh hottest guys on the card, destined for a world title one day, was this the best they could be with him?

5. Ink Inc. V Caramel and Ice Cream: I honestly never looked any of these guys. The whole thing with Jesse Neal's sob story I think justifies why he's in the ring, especially considering how green he is. As for Moore, I'm one of the many who think he's overrated. As for Young, I personally like his character of the dumb boy from Canadian more than his in ring skills. As for Jordan, I don't think he's good enough to be there and the whole bi-sexual thing doesnt work, not because of his sexual preferences but because as a gimmick its partially exploiting him and I it just insults wrestling fans and bisexuals.

6. The world title match and 'They': The ending was a surpise and it was worked well but the build up and ending was...terrible. The whole retirement gimmick with Angle is outdated and overused, and just doesn't really get anyone emotionally invested in it. As for Hardy and Anderson, the whole thing with the tournament was terrible, because if you wanted a three way for the title, why have a tournament? As for the revelation of who 'they' were, it was a surprise at least but ruined the PPV and makes me think 'great, Hulk and Bishcoff in the centre of things again, what's new?'

What did everyone else think?

Leonardo
10-11-2010, 11:20 AM
I think you are 100% right

the old man match is a no go......they had no Xdivision style match
the only xdivision move was what finished the match.....amazing red is an awesome wrestler and they should have him on TV

the finish should have been better they tried to re-enact wcw/nwo

I love ecw but they are all over the hill........forget the old guys and run with the high flyers...youhave the peoples interest now and show your product dont over kill it

el gabo
10-11-2010, 11:40 AM
I could rant on and on on how bad this PPV was. Funny thing is that the first match was the main event for me. Showcase those young guys. These young wrestlers are actually good compared to WWE. Real wrestling fans would die to see that type of wrestling again on a regular basis.

Abyss was supposed to retire.

A Jeff Hardy heel turn might be good (that remains to be seen). They are really rolling the dice with this move since he might end up in jail. he hasn't been the same since joing TNA, all that momentum he had going for him in his feud with CM Punk was lost somewhere down the line.

Angle is supposed to retire too. Let's see if he makes good on his promise. What bothers me though is that this retirement stipulation will not have the same effect from now on. Overall, this was in no way a Wrestlemania.

Daniel Bryan
10-11-2010, 12:22 PM
i thought the only good match was MCMG vs Generation me the rest was S*** in my opinion
im officially done with TNA after the ending and finding out "They" have been here for months... overall they made WWE's HIAC look good

Kayfabe
10-11-2010, 12:27 PM
I just wrote a blog/review. You and I think alike.

wallyman
10-11-2010, 12:51 PM
lol i kinda agree/disagree with u...but the fact that hardy turned heel alone was epic...and the matches werent so bad...so yeah...u over anylyze this...best ppv i seen in a long time...can u say this about the wwe?

el gabo
10-11-2010, 01:10 PM
lol i kinda agree/disagree with u...but the fact that hardy turned heel alone was epic...and the matches werent so bad...so yeah...u over anylyze this...best ppv i seen in a long time...can u say this about the wwe?

Those types of comments show the inmaturity of TNA loyals. You don't have to mention WWE. You're just justifying one mess with another mess. It;s plain and simple the PPV was a huge letdown, especially compared to previous years. This was supposed to be their Wrestlemania.

wrestlinggrl77
10-11-2010, 01:47 PM
I agree with the analysis of the PPV. I thought the first match and the last were the best matches of the PPV. The Lethal lockdown match was terrible and we all know that Tommy Dreamer shouldn't have won this match. Also, they didn't explain the Lethal Lockdown rules until the middle of the match. All the fake blood was unneccessary. If this is supposed to be their Wrestlemania then they've failed royally.

el gabo
10-11-2010, 02:35 PM
I agree with the analysis of the PPV. I thought the first match and the last were the best matches of the PPV. The Lethal lockdown match was terrible and we all know that Tommy Dreamer shouldn't have won this match. Also, they didn't explain the Lethal Lockdown rules until the middle of the match. All the fake blood was unneccessary. If this is supposed to be their Wrestlemania then they've failed royally.

In the beginning of the match you could catch Ric Flair cut himself in the forehead. Really funny stuff. Stupid cameraman.

wallyman
10-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Those types of comments show the inmaturity of TNA loyals. You don't have to mention WWE. You're just justifying one mess with another mess. Wrestlemania.

that might be right...but i guess i should of explain ma self better....what i was tryin to say by comparing is that i havent been shocked like that in a long time. wrestling now a days is so predictable and no way did i i see hardy turning heel that alone made ma day. most of the people who complain on here dont even buy the ppv and watch it on free streams. i purchased the ppv and i was very satisfied with what i paid. and yes i am a tna loyal but i know it has its flaws but i am satisfied and i am sure alot of people are talking and at the end its what matters.BANG BANG

ecartertna
10-11-2010, 02:46 PM
guys dont be-little tna they raised the bar 2nite. pre bfg i heared all the roumors i predicted THEY WOULD BE hogan bischoff and jerret but hardy wow wat a suprise people will watch heel jeff hardy cause we've never seen it b4 the reason i love tna is because even if its non scencical your always garanted to see something you never have b4 wether it be a big man who can actually WRESTLE in samoa joe a proper tag team in motor city machine guns or a heel hulk hogan

ps hope team 3d retirement is just a story they are the greatest tag team of this generation and wrestling would never be the same wen they hang up there boots

Red devil
10-11-2010, 02:50 PM
perhaps team 3d are part of "THEY" and they are trying to get the tag titles into there stable. who knows?

el gabo
10-11-2010, 02:52 PM
that might be right...but i guess i should of explain ma self better....what i was tryin to say by comparing is that i havent been shocked like that in a long time. wrestling now a days is so predictable and no way did i i see hardy turning heel that alone made ma day. most of the people who complain on here dont even buy the ppv and watch it on free streams. i purchased the ppv and i was very satisfied with what i paid. and yes i am a tna loyal but i know it has its flaws but i am satisfied and i am sure alot of people are talking and at the end its what matters.BANG BANG

Whatever flloats your boat dude. At least you're happy. :)

Daniel Bryan
10-11-2010, 03:18 PM

ive heard more people talking about how crappy this s*** was...
but anyways WWE and TNA must be happy there are fans out there that are super easy to please

Justdawg08
10-11-2010, 04:51 PM
I love wrestling! WWE IS REALLY GOOD AND TNA IS PRETTY GOOOD TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ALL YOU GUYS ARE HATERS.. appreciate what you have

Irietiger
10-11-2010, 06:23 PM
I thought the PPV was pretty good. Best one in a while anyway. the new faction is a little strange, but Hardy a heel...good stuff! They could do some "house cleaning" though. Sting and Nash were looking rough.

Tai Night
10-11-2010, 08:16 PM
To be honest, I thought it was a pretty good PPV. The Lockdown match wasn't all that bad, could have been better though. MCMG vs GM was very entertaining to say the least. RVD vs Abyss was a good match and Angel vs Hardy vs Anderson was also a good match. Don't get me wrong, I like both TNA and WWE. Just saying, the last thing that shock me in WWE was Cena joining Nexus. Which I think they are going mess up. TNA shock me with the Hardy Heel turn which I am not sure where they are going with that. My point is, yeah it had some down falls but every PPV do.

mikenigma
10-11-2010, 08:53 PM
So I think 99% of everyone expected Angle to win, and when Hardy turned I was genuinely surprised. The MCG vs Generation Me match was worth half the price of the PPV. I really didn't like Lethal Lockdown. It was too hard to focus on what was going on, and having Fortune do the job to the EV2 guys was disgusting. Honestly I bought the PPV hoping for a descent debut.... but didn't get one. Dixie Carter has cried wolf so many times lately that I don't really believe a damn tweet she types anymore. Was the PPV worth full price? Not really. Am I intrigued with what's going to happen with the Hogan-Jarrett-Bischoff-Hardy heel turns and alliance. Very much so.

CRock128
10-11-2010, 11:39 PM
So asking what has WWE done lately is showing inmaturity, FIRST OFF LEARN HOW TO SPELL ITS IMMATURITY, and second off people are tired of WWE dropping the ball all the time and they're a multi million dollar company and multi million dollar creative team and they can barely create better story lines than TNA, so call it immature all you want it still doesn't take away that the fact is in the pudding and THE TNA LOYALS/EX-WWE LOYALS know all to well what I'm talking about. Hell if it weren't for the Undertaker vs Shawn Micheals match and the money in the bank at Mania what else would you have?

el gabo
10-13-2010, 10:48 AM
So asking what has WWE done lately is showing inmaturity, FIRST OFF LEARN HOW TO SPELL ITS IMMATURITY, and second off people are tired of WWE dropping the ball all the time and they're a multi million dollar company and multi million dollar creative team and they can barely create better story lines than TNA, so call it immature all you want it still doesn't take away that the fact is in the pudding and THE TNA LOYALS/EX-WWE LOYALS know all to well what I'm talking about. Hell if it weren't for the Undertaker vs Shawn Micheals match and the money in the bank at Mania what else would you have?

Okay Webster. Nagging me about a type-o? Okay. I'm not saying WWE is the best, first of all. (Oh wait, first of all is a transitional phrase that's supposed to be used in the beginning of the sentence). WWE has sucked for a while now. Actually TNA, WWE both suck right now, all though TNA sucks 10 times more. Just because your Anti-Repulican that makes you a Democrat. Get the picture or do I have to explain more?

jamesstrange
10-15-2010, 11:59 AM
I love wrestling! WWE IS REALLY GOOD AND TNA IS PRETTY GOOOD TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ALL YOU GUYS ARE HATERS.. appreciate what you have

We all love wrestling to, but being the IWC gets this rap as hating wrestling when we don't, I used to love TNA and still want it to do well, but if u complain because someone spat in your burger, does that make you a hater? We only criticise because we know TNA can do so much better with what it has and there's so much potential there, but if your happy with the product that's fine, but you realise that there will always be people complaining, and the point seems to be that the mass majority are complaining so that shows something. Yet if you like it just keep watching, different strokes for different folks and all. But basically we complain because guys like AJ Styles are being buried and pushed back, Flair's legacy is repeatedly being raped on a weekly basis and old guys are hogging the spotlight instead of guy upcoming guys. Also the fact it seems that history is repeating itself with WCW and the PPV buyrates and viewership seems to show this I think it fair to say that maybe we are more than haters, that maybe were just trying to be constructive

jethro
10-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Just finish watch bound for glory and here are my humble thoughts:

1.MCMG vs Generation Me(again shouldve call themself the Young Bucks) best match of the night

2.4 way Knockout title - better than WWE divas match lately,still the wrestling attire...doesnt look like a legit female athlete,wheres wilde and hamada? or daffney? sarita? I miss roxxi,shes pretty...i like her.

3.Ink Inc vs Young/Jordan - couldve been a serious match consider this is bound for glory and not weekly Impact.

4.Douglas vs Lethal - good match

5.RVD vs Abyss - it was ok,sick spot where RVD fell off from the top rope to the outside and land on barbwire board.

6.Joe/Jarrett vs Pope/Nash/Sting - ....Joe isnt Joe anymore,while hes show his frustration with attitude problem but I understand,he couldve done something better but instead TNA likes to stuck Joe with those...ugh.

7.Lethal Lockdown - Flair wanna bleed so bad,Fortune should be the winner because theres no point for EV2 won.Whats up with Kendrick? its just doesnt make sense at all.

8.Triple thread TNA title - Kurt shouldve just win the title and everyones happy instead of that 'They' angle.

No Desmond(last time I check isnt hes one of the Fortune member??)
Overall: Love MCMG vs GenMe,Lethal vs Williams...the rest,not really caught my interest.

The Watcher
10-16-2010, 08:59 AM
I figure given the inevitable "TNA mark" comments that are undoubtedly going to follow that I should pre-empt this post with the following: I've been watching wrestling for 20+ years. Starting with the UK World of Sport before discovering WWF and then WCW. I'm a fan of substance over style and like to think that I've been watching long enough to form an unbiased opinion on whatever I happen to be watching.

I waited for BFG to be on TV and having read a LOT of negative comments about the finish to the main event and the show in general I wasn't sure what to expect...

It was a GREAT show, what the hell were all those clowns whining about? Really, at what point was anything about the show anything less than entertaining? The only real fault I can pick with it was the lack-lustre crowd... and given the status of the Tag-titles right now the MCMG and Gen Me match should have been later in the card. (The later in the card, the more beer consumed, the louder the crowd).

My thoughts:

MCMG vs Gen Me: An absolutely awesome match, this is exactly the kind of stuff I started watching TNA for in the first place; of course back then this stuff was in the X-Division.. just WOW!.. I would have put this on later in the card because quite frankly, how do you top this?

The Knockouts title: Enjoyable, nothing more and nothing less - it was a little surreal seeing Mickie James in the same ring as the Beautiful People for some reason..

Ink inc vs Jordan & Young: Not your traditional wresting match, but in the end wrestling is all about entertainment and lets face it, this was fun! EY has always had the knack for comedy and he really excelled himself here - I even laughed out loud a couple of times! WWE take note, this is how you do humour in wrestling! :D :D :D

Williams vs Lethal: This was probably the most "traditional" match on the card and tbh the lack-lustre crowd really didn't help this one. I'm a big fan Lethal and the way he's been elevated in the last year or so... but this wasn't really what the X-Division is supposed to be about. Williams is a great wrestler but I'm not a fan of this character in the X-Div. I AM rapidly becoming a fan of the Shore though. I think they're funny in a piss taking fashion and its good to see some new faces on screen... How they are getting boring chants is beyond me!

Sting, Kevin Nash and The Pope vs. Samoa Joe and Jeff Jarrett: This is the one match on the card I really wasn't looking forwards to... it wasn't that bad and they kept it short enough. Thats all I've got on this one...

Lethal Lockdown: At last they've done it properly!! Having the two teams come down as teams and stand at ringside instead of coming down from the back really adds to the match... this felt more like Wargames than any other LL match I've seen. Really enjoyable... I'm not a fan of EV2.0 going over Fourtune but the match itself was excellent.

Anderson vs Angle vs Hardy A decent match that got better - loved the entrances... Having read a lot of comments on the way this finished I think I'm in the minority because I thought it was a great way to turn Hardy and introduce "They"... Judging from the amount of shit being thrown into the ring I think it worked quite well with the live crowd too.

I thought this was an entertaining show from start to finish, in fact I can't think of a PPV I've enjoyed more this year.

*Awaits fanboy comments to begin*

Hotrod Coolbeans
10-17-2010, 01:12 PM
WATCHER you suck, TNA sucks, WWE rules, you are wrong and I am right!!!!

lol only joking dude, i agree with you, I thought BFG was really good. Just showing my support as all....................