PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite sayings

Polly-Pablo
10-06-2011, 07:30 PM
For those not in the know, my little brother passed away last Feb at the age of 23 whilst serving in the RAF.
With my brothers 25th birthday coming up on Monday, I've been thinking about my brother a whole lot more than usual lately. My brother was a comedian, very intelligent and his one liners could have most people crying with laughter. It got me thinking about the little things he would say that made me laugh...he had a couple of simple sayings that always make me smile and I use them too.
So, I was wondering, what's everybody's favourite saying? And does it have a story behind it?

My favourite one is 'Monkey balls'...basically, if something is really bad (like a bad shift at work or having to sit next to someone you really can't stand) it's monkey balls....a way of making your feelings known without having to come right out and insult the person to their face....

Anyone got any good one's?

Asherdelampyr
10-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Waylaid by jackassery
when you are running late due to someone else being stupid or due to having to deal with a stupid problem

Rated_R(ob)KO
10-06-2011, 07:37 PM
"Alright Ramblers, Lets Get Ramblin" -- Obviously I picked it up from the very popular movie "Reservoir Dogs". I saw it a lot when I was a kid and it's something that's always stuck with me. Every time I go to get in the car with anyone I always have said it and always will lol.

"Christ On A Christ Stick" -- I honestly don't know where I picked it up from, but I use it as an exclamation on something bad that's happening or happened.

Asherdelampyr
10-06-2011, 07:42 PM
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the fucking customers"
from Clerks

KJ PUNK
10-06-2011, 07:43 PM
I say "Wait for iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittt" when i'm suspecting something to happen. I pretty much stole it from the TV show Psych (because it's my favorite show)

KJ PUNK
10-06-2011, 07:45 PM
I also work at a restaurant and we use "whore" a lot. Like if someone orders something that's a pain in the ass to cook we call it a "whore order." Also when a guy that works there touched his first breast and said it was soft, his nickname soon became "Titi Whore."

Androo
10-06-2011, 07:45 PM
I've dabbled in some 'Monkey Balls' action from time to time myself......and I use the saying sometimes aswell. HARK

Thinking of that, I also dabble in a some 'Monkey Trousers'........and I say it sometimes aswell.(Darkplace ref.) HAAAR

Wade Barrett 1979
10-06-2011, 07:50 PM
'Dip your bread' - take full advantage of a situation
As in, 'It's a free bar, dip your bread son!'

'A to B' - A way of telling a third party or more you're having a private conversation, when they try to listen or but in! It's just between A and B!! :)

Polly-Pablo
10-06-2011, 07:54 PM
We have a lot of sayings in the forces, one of my favourites is 'Shit the bed!'......basically a novel way of saying 'what the fuck'

Pull up a sandbag.....someone's way of telling you they are about to impart a story

We have the A to B thing...only we go 'This is a conversation between A and B, so C your way out of it'

Asherdelampyr
10-06-2011, 07:55 PM
We have a lot of sayings in the forces, one of my favourites is 'Shit the bed!'......basically a novel way of saying 'what the fuck'

we use shit the bed at work to describe one of our techs fucking up so bad we have to replace the hardware again to fix it

KJ PUNK
10-06-2011, 07:55 PM
'Dip your bread' - take full advantage of a situation
As in, 'It's a free bar, dip your bread son!'

'A to B' - A way of telling a third party or more you're having a private conversation, when they try to listen or but in! It's just between A and B!! :)

I've used it's an A and B conversation so C your way out before D jumps over E and knocks you the F out.

IrkenInvader
10-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Turdcicle.

Turd + Icicle.

If you have ever seen a frozen dog turd you know what this is. One day my brother decided to be an ass and threw one at me. I didn't see it coming and it me in my open mouth. It cracked a tooth and I tasted it.

Anytime I get rushed with a lot of things to do and don't have time time to react, I call it a turdcicle kind of day.

Polly-Pablo
10-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Bollocks....I used the ....'s in the thread title and buggered up everyone seeing the next page didn't I? Ballbags....sorry guys

IrkenInvader
10-06-2011, 07:59 PM
When I get blindsided by something I also say

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vzKgD89oOE
even though I'm an atheist and don't believe.

IrkenInvader
10-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Bollocks....I used the ....'s in the thread title and buggered up everyone seeing the next page didn't I? Ballbags....sorry guys

EWN pro tip: if you delete the (.......) off of the web address everything works just fine.

Polly-Pablo
................'s are not cool

IrkenInvader
Also having 40 posts per page means its all good on my end.

Polly-Pablo
10-06-2011, 08:01 PM
EWN pro tip: if you delete the (.......) off of the web address everything works just fine.

How do I do that??

Forget that....I got it:)

Wade Barrett 1979
10-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Rhyming slang, is quite popular around here too:

'Let's take a Butchers' - Let's take a look! Comes from rhyming of 'Butchers Hook' for look!
'Pony' - Something that's not good. Comes from the rhyming of 'Pony and Trap' for crap!

Androo
10-06-2011, 08:18 PM
How do I do that??

Forget that....I got it:)

When you get to the 'forbidden' page just go to the Address bar and manually delete the periods in the url for the page, and refresh. But even doing that is pretty tedious. Can the thread creator not edit the title, or does it have to be a mod? Curious.

Polly-Pablo
10-06-2011, 08:22 PM
When you get to the 'forbidden' page just go to the Address bar and manually delete the periods in the url for the page, and refresh. But even doing that is pretty tedious. Can the thread creator not edit the title, or does it have to be a mod? Curious.

It has to be a Mod

SLEEPY LOCO1
10-06-2011, 08:59 PM
My favorite saying of all time is,

"It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, it's about the size of the fight in the dog"

IrkenInvader
10-06-2011, 09:45 PM
It cheated!

Anytime I lose in fighting games.

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Have more fun than a well-oiled midget.

steveorton
10-12-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm jus sayin...

SESAfro
10-12-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm jus sayin...
I laughed out loud.

"I reject your reality, and substitue my own." -Adam Savage
"Whatever tickles your pickle."
&
"You know she had to be black."

Dr. Death
10-14-2011, 06:51 AM
DTA - Don't Trust Anybody

If you can't walk the walk, don't talk the talk

VanHooliganX
10-14-2011, 07:01 AM
Singing EYYY OOOH he's Edin Dzekoooo!
And he scored 4 past Spurs whilst signing
EYYY OOOH he's Edin Dzekoooo!

:)

Polly-Pablo
10-14-2011, 02:22 PM
FFS.......AKA For Fuck Sake!

FUBAR.......Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition

SLEEPY LOCO1
10-14-2011, 02:27 PM
TCB - Take Care of Buisness

FTW - Fuck The World

Tomsta666
10-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Classic Teesside colloqualism - YERJOKINARENTYER?!

You're joking aren't you? Said as one word :cool:

Asherdelampyr
10-14-2011, 02:34 PM

said around my office a lot
"This tech is broken, box him up and send another one"

Polly-Pablo
10-15-2011, 05:49 AM

Ah see now I understand what the hell my ex boyfriend was saying to me all those years ago....lol

eboy
10-15-2011, 06:30 AM
FFS.......AKA For Fuck Sake!

FUBAR.......Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition

i say this one a hell of alot!

but i'd say

something my grandad used to say at Christmas

"Lord be praised my tummies raised an inch above the table"

Polly-Pablo
10-15-2011, 06:50 AM
Sarcasm is my body's defence system against stupid

Dr. Death
10-15-2011, 11:51 AM
I've been saying "My Bad" a lot lately. So I better keep it. I also like:

"When I was younger I went skinny dipping, now I go Chunky Dunking" - My wife says this a lot.

"Nuggets" - What my kids say instead of cursing.

"The most dangerous thing in life to fear is fear itself" - What I teach my family.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-15-2011, 12:07 PM
'Go take a long walk, off a short pier!'

'0121' This is rhyming slang in Birmingham, 0121 is our area code for phone calls, it means 'do one' (or fuck off for those less polite :p) 'Why don't you just 0121?'

Asherdelampyr
10-15-2011, 12:09 PM
"Once you go chubby, y'wanna make him your hubby" - a comedian on the new Gabriel Iglesias

"No matter what you do, always have fun" - My great grandpa, shortly before he passed

"Have More Fun that a well-oiled Midget" - The bloodhound Gang

"The Best way to get over someone is to get under someone else" - My grandpa

"Stupidity is uncontrollable, being an asshole is a choice" Said by my first supervisor whose name I cannot remember.

Polly-Pablo
10-16-2011, 06:07 AM
"Once you go chubby, y'wanna make him your hubby" - a comedian on the new Gabriel Iglesias

"No matter what you do, always have fun" - My great grandpa, shortly before he passed

"Have More Fun that a well-oiled Midget" - The bloodhound Gang

"The Best way to get over someone is to get under someone else" - My grandpa

"Stupidity is uncontrollable, being an asshole is a choice" Said by my first supervisor whose name I cannot remember.

That's bloody awesome! lmao...

And you Great grandpa and your grandpa sound fun!

My Nan always said......'More than a handful is a waste, more than a mouthful is a God send'......I'll leave you to work out what she was referring too lol