PDA

View Full Version : Possible Jericho Return?

Wade Barrett 1979
10-06-2011, 11:29 AM
I just wanted to throw this out there, from lop.net:

'According to sources close to the situation, Chris Jericho has been talking with WWE about his future with the company. Jericho's return may not be a full-time thing and it's said he may work a limited schedule, something similar to The Rock. There's no word yet on when he might return but it's believed he will work with WWE again closer to 2012.'

Partial source from PWInsider

Just wondered how you think it would play out, if Jericho were to only return on a limited schedule?

the-rocks-stunner
10-06-2011, 12:15 PM
I just wanted to throw this out there, from lop.net:

'According to sources close to the situation, Chris Jericho has been talking with WWE about his future with the company. Jericho's return may not be a full-time thing and it's said he may work a limited schedule, something similar to The Rock. There's no word yet on when he might return but it's believed he will work with WWE again closer to 2012

Partial source from PWInsider

Just wondered what you all made of this and how you think it would work? What could occur moving forward if this were true?

it says that in october 2011 :/

Daffy Duck's Finest
10-06-2011, 01:07 PM
As much as I want him back, I'd prefer him to do it as a surprise. So I'm not believing any report on his return.

Y2J___Y2J
10-06-2011, 01:16 PM
A huge Jericho return would be awesome ..
But knowing WWE he'll return and win the Rumble

Rich Cranium
10-06-2011, 01:19 PM

Jericho doesn't need to win the Rumble so I doubt he would want that.

HeelTurn
10-06-2011, 01:20 PM

That is a great sig by the way

Maybe have him return at the Rumble, making people think he will win, then have him eliminated last.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-06-2011, 01:59 PM

Oh, without a doubt it would be immense! I'm just wondering what would happen if the part time rumour, turned out to be true?!

RomanFlare
10-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Go ahead and read it for yourself: Here. (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/882268-wwe-breaking-news-huge-update-on-the-return-of-chris-jericho-to-wwe)

I find it interesting. I'm a little hesitant to believe it yet, but whoever runs the rumor part of this site hasn't posted it yet, so it might actually be true xD

SLEEPY LOCO1
10-06-2011, 09:58 PM
I would like to see Jericho back in the WWE, but his demands are a bit much.

1. Win at WM 28 (this I can see happening)
2. Hold WHC for more than 3 months (not how much the title is changing hands these days. and he's and older wrestler)
3. Inducted into 2013 HoF (not going to happen, HHH and VKM will get in before Jericho will)

WTF he isn't that great in my opinion!!!

THEKEVINBRAND
10-06-2011, 10:00 PM
That article is abit too far fetched

Kiss My Ass Club Member
10-06-2011, 10:04 PM
If its even true, I dont think those demands are too much. Win at WM? he should always win anyways. One last brief title run before retirement? pretty much a given. And if they have WM in Canada again, I dont see why they couldnt just induct him. Stranger people have been inducted.

monctonvike
10-06-2011, 10:07 PM
hard to say but thanks for posting would love to see him back

wrestlingfan66513
10-06-2011, 10:14 PM
the first two seem fair but the HoF thing is a little tricky. Edge is expected to get in that time also and they only do 1 big headliner induction so it would be hard on who would be the main event induction.

rafalafaa
10-06-2011, 10:14 PM
I like how to brought up correctly predicting Cena winning at NoC. Everyone correctly predicted that.

RomanFlare
10-06-2011, 10:17 PM
I like how to brought up correctly predicting Cena winning at NoC. Everyone correctly predicted that.

Actually, no, not everyone did. I sure as hell didn't. I didn't think they'd fuck over Del Rio that fast.

rafalafaa
10-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Actually, no, not everyone did. I sure as hell didn't. I didn't think they'd fuck over Del Rio that fast.

theres no way of saying this without sounding like a douchebag haha, but i saw that one coming. both titles are getting tossed around like crazy lately.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Don't think this is going to happen simply because we already have one guaranteed title match in Daniel Bryan and I don't see the Rock vs John Cena being contested without the WWE title on the line.

Russo swerve
10-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Don't think this is going to happen simply because we already have one guaranteed title match in Daniel Bryan and I don't see the Rock vs John Cena being contested without the WWE title on the line.

Rock and cena wont be for the title dude

CrowOfMurders
10-06-2011, 11:13 PM

It doesnt say he wants a title match @ wrestlemania,just to win his match, I smell bullshit just b/c of the nature of the source,but none of it seems that farfetched. Punk/Jericho seems to be in the works, Punk could use the win,but I don't think it kills his momentum if he loses to Jericho,maybe have a match @ rumble,rematch @ elimination chamber and rubber match @ mania,maybe in a submission match

BlazersDozen
10-06-2011, 11:21 PM
It doesnt say he wants a title match @ wrestlemania,just to win his match, I smell bullshit just b/c of the nature of the source,but none of it seems that farfetched. Punk/Jericho seems to be in the works, Punk could use the win,but I don't think it kills his momentum if he loses to Jericho,maybe have a match @ rumble,rematch @ elimination chamber and rubber match @ mania,maybe in a submission match

Does WWE even do submission matches anymore?

CrowOfMurders
10-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Does WWE even do submission matches anymore?

That's exactly the point, bring it back for the final match between Punk and Jericho,who both have a great technical arsenal and submission finishers.

alexrules01
10-07-2011, 12:57 AM
Sounds wrong. With all the interviews I've watched of Jericho, he doesnt seem like the guy to make demands, he'd rather return if he can do something good and add something to the product. All those demands however are fair enough though, even if he waited another year to get in the HOF

jordan1995
10-07-2011, 01:33 AM
That article is abit too far fetched

quoted for the truth

THEKEVINBRAND
10-07-2011, 01:36 AM
quoted for the truth

thanks jordan!

The Brown One
10-07-2011, 02:04 AM
We'l see what happens. I can't wait to see Jericho back!

AOF666
10-07-2011, 02:28 AM
It is hard to believe to take this article as believable. Considering the predictions already happened, if this came out before the last couple PPVS, then it will be believable!

Brewer 314
10-07-2011, 03:25 AM
Nothing to see here, move along.

There's a reason why that article was posted on the 'Bleacher Report' and not on an actual rumor site....

Because the author is probably a high school kid.....

That site is free to use....no matter who you are.

masakaritko
10-07-2011, 04:17 AM
on the surface the article does seem very far fetched, but Jericho has begun to develop quite the ego as of late, like accusing everyone of stealing his moves and character. He accused CM Punk of stealing moves, and the whole best in the world thing, the latter of the two is a reasonable accusation, except that he wasn't even the first to do that- Bret Hart "Best there is, was, and ever will be," Triple H had a period where he constantly said he was the "best in the business," and accusing the miz of stealing the whole wearing a suit and talking slow during promos is a bit out there. Jericho is certainly not the first to wear a suit or talk slow, and in fact, he's not the first to do both at the same time. On top of that, he accused R-truth and the Miz of stealing the conspiracy gimmick from him, which sure he did a little conspiracy thing back in WCW, but its not even close to being similar. Let's face it, this is the entertainment business, and conspiracies have been a part of tv shows a long time before Jericho introduced it to the wrestling business. Wrestlers tend to borrow ideas for their angles from things going on in the other side of the entertainment world all the time, so Jericho's claims to everyone stealing his "moves" is sounding very egotistical to me. Don't get me wrong, I've always been a big fan of Jericho, but since he started touring with fozzy this time around, he's developed a big ego, and with this recent behavior, I honestly wouldn't put it past him to make those kind of demands. He punched a female fan for christ's sake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3uPzsSKgA4

Darctic
10-07-2011, 05:37 AM
Don't think Jericho is coming back next year. Fozzy is releasing a new album in the spring of next year followed by a tour to promote it.

Robstar
10-07-2011, 05:51 AM
....yeah...not sure how serious Chris is about Fozzy these days. Not that I don't believe he's rockin' it like The Rockers every night, but I'm pretty certain a man as smart as Jericho is wouldn't have already realised if Fozzy wasn't playing stadiums at least occasionally, with the current music climate, they're never gonna 'break the walls down!', lol. It's just not a viable earning future for him. You can bet he can go to WWE for his one final run/payday and then pursue his hobbies after that. Fact.

Hell Chris has it in him for one LONG final run and I believe he'll come back when he feels like he can give it his all. For the time being, well shit, we know CM Punk holds his torch. Who wouldn't pay to see that battle?

steveorton
10-07-2011, 06:00 AM
I just can't believe Y2J will ever make demands like that.

Robstar
10-07-2011, 06:14 AM
I just can't believe Y2J will ever make demands like that.

Don't be so naive steveorton, as to the wit of Jericho. He's planting seeds for possible futures, while negotiating with WWE whoeverthefuckdealswiththatshit about how he can get the most leverage, the most ideal conditions that he wants to return in. WWE knows they have a proven commodity in Jericho, yet he's only going to be physically viable for only a certain part of that time frame he's displaying to WWE. As that window narrows, the more leverage Jericho has.

My opinion: Jericho wants to do one final big run (hello Roddy Piper), but I think he doesn't believe he needs to come back to be set for life

PureMetalftw!
10-07-2011, 08:31 AM
my 10 year old brother said he misses chris Jericho while we were watching smackdown today
i think he should come back for one more run, and then be inducted next year if he has absolutley no plans to wrestle again

steveorton
10-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Don't be so naive steveorton, as to the wit of Jericho. He's planting seeds for possible futures, while negotiating with WWE whoeverthefuckdealswiththatshit about how he can get the most leverage, the most ideal conditions that he wants to return in. WWE knows they have a proven commodity in Jericho, yet he's only going to be physically viable for only a certain part of that time frame he's displaying to WWE. As that window narrows, the more leverage Jericho has.

My opinion: Jericho wants to do one final big run (hello Roddy Piper), but I think he doesn't believe he needs to come back to be set for life

Welcome back mate :)

And I guess with Y2J you never know.

Dr. Death
10-07-2011, 08:45 AM
I for one would love to see Jericho return for one last run. He was great for helping the young up and comers. I could see him getting all 3 of his demands and then dropping the belt to someone like Cody Rhodes, or Miz, or R-Truth, or CM Punk just to name a few. Also with Triple H's and Jericho's history it could lead to some interesting storylines. Don't know if it will happen, but would like to see it.

HolyJose2391
10-07-2011, 10:15 AM
what makes this far fetched to me is the limited schedule. Jericho has always said that if he were to return to the WWE that it would be when he is ready and willing to put 100% so a limited schedule he could't do that. That's just me. His demands aren't that big anyways except the HoF 2013 that one goes to Edge.

Y2Jryder
10-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Jericho deserves everything he's commanding!

Y2J___Y2J
10-07-2011, 12:22 PM
The demands are bullcrap.. Jericho has said in interviews that he wants to help put guys over.. so really the first demands make no sense..
And my God.. the third demand ... never going to happenn

RomanFlare
10-07-2011, 02:45 PM
I've finally read through all the comments, so I feel like addressing a few:

1) It IS bleacherreport, but it was an interesting article, even if everyone is dismissing it so easily--not that I blame anyone.

2) Jericho has already said he wants to come back with something fresh--he's already doing that! Bitchy Jericho is an awesome Jericho! I want him to get in Miz's face on live TV and rant & rave about how "Miz stole his style", or how "Punk steals my moves!" Even better, have someone Lionsault his ass! The idea, while not completely new (we've had bitchy Jericho before), it's something I sure as hell can't remember being done as a gimmick before.

3) The induction into the Hall of Fame is the best idea of the three and one that would be a crime if it doesn't happen anyway. Sure, Trish and Edge are highly likely to be inducted then, but why not Jericho?! He's one of the best known Canadian wrestlers not named Hart. He sure as hell is one of the most decorated and beloved--I'd actually say more so than Edge. Even if he doesn't come back, the WWE would be failing if this doesn't actually happen. It's the perfect time. Give him a 'Mania match to put over someone like Dolph or Cody, induct him, then hand him a legends contract or some shit so he can still occasionally grace my boobtube between shows. Little Jericho > No Jericho.

4) Am I the only one who, after reading his autobiographys, thinks Jericho has a chip on his shoulder for pretty much never being the face of the WWE? Outside of the Undisputed Title, has Jericho ever won the WWE title? Hasn't it always been a World Championship Title? Maybe he finally wants to be the face of the company, even if for a few months?

AreYaSerious
10-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Well I can see the 2 demands being met, however the third will not happen maybe 2015, however I don't see that happening either.