PDA

View Full Version : Punk to Headline Mania

The_Awesome_One
10-06-2011, 07:28 AM
CM Punk is scheduled to feud with the new WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio for the next couple of WWE pay-per-views. The company is preparing to go “full blown” with his push after being surprised by Punk’s huge merchandising sales.

A lot of talk is going around that punk will take the title in late 2011 or early 2012 and carry it to WrestleMania 28. WWE officials did not want the title to be involved in John Cena’s match against The Rock.

HeelTurn
10-06-2011, 07:31 AM
CM Punk is scheduled to feud with the new WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio for the next couple of WWE pay-per-views. The company is preparing to go “full blown” with his push after being surprised by Punk’s huge merchandising sales.

A lot of talk is going around that punk will take the title in late 2011 or early 2012 and carry it to WrestleMania 28. WWE officials did not want the title to be involved in John Cena’s match against The Rock.

I always thought Cena/Rock didnt need the belt. Hopefully these rumours are true and we can get Jericho come back win the Rumble and challenge Punk at Mania, hey a guy can dream.

Subject Zero
10-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Sorry to break it to you but headlining Mania this year will either be:-

The Rock vs John Cena

or

Undertakers more then likely last ever match.

The_Awesome_One
10-06-2011, 07:32 AM
So the question is who will win the Rumble and face punk at Mania, Personnally I would chose Jericho but he sais he isnt going to return until he can devote 100% of his time to WWE, so I dont know maybe Barrett since they're one for one with each other.

In first appearence of Nexus Punk was one of the people beat on, then later Punk took over as Leader of the Nexus making them one for one with actually having a match, but Barrett is rumored to be going to run a program with Taker wether that be at Mania is another question

HeelTurn
10-06-2011, 07:33 AM

The Rock vs John Cena

or

Thats true Rock/Cena will go on last, but I think what he means is it will be a triple main event like they do at most Mania's, 2 world title matches and 1 or 2 special attraction matches.

Subject Zero
10-06-2011, 07:36 AM
Thats true Rock/Cena will go on last, but I think what he means is it will be a triple main event like they do at most Mania's, 2 world title matches and 1 or 2 special attraction matches.

I dont know if Undertaker does have a match at Mania i believe it will be the final match of the night. But im still not 100% sure he will be back this year.

The_Awesome_One
10-06-2011, 07:36 AM

The Rock vs John Cena

or

You know what I meant, he would be main eventing but so far there is going to be four Mainevents,

Cena VS Rock

Undertaker VS ???????

D-Bry VS ????????

CM Punk VS ??????

should be one hell of a show

HeelTurn
10-06-2011, 07:38 AM
I dont know if Undertaker does have a match at Mania i believe it will be the final match of the night. But im still not 100% sure he will be back this year.

Yeah I wouldnt want to be the one who picks which match goes on last, arguably the biggest dream match form many years in The Rocks home town, or The Undertakers possible last match.

Subject Zero
10-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Yeah I wouldnt want to be the one who picks which match goes on last, arguably the biggest dream match form many years in The Rocks home town, or The Undertakers possible last match.

Crap forgot it was in Rocks home town. I suppose it has to be the final match of the night. And id imagine there will have to be a match evolving Triple H also in the 3 main events.

So

The Rock vs John Cena

Undertaker vs ????????

Triple H vs ???????

But i still think Trips will win the title soon and Punk will win the Rumble.

LMPunker
10-06-2011, 08:06 AM
im taking it with a grain of salt as punk was suppose to main event wrestlemania this year with cena but that changed because they were impressed with miz's work i wont get excited about punk defending or challenging for the wwe title at wrestlemania until it is announced still 6 months away folks

ELNIOJR
10-06-2011, 08:33 AM
CM Punk vs Dolph Ziggler (winner of RR)
And you get your Wrestlemania Match!

700th posts! That's the Bottom line...

The Hit Man
10-06-2011, 08:45 AM
CM Punk vs Dolph Ziggler (winner of RR)
And you get your Wrestlemania Match!

700th posts! That's the Bottom line...

I'd love for this to be the WWE Championship match at Wrestlemaina! My top two superstars at the moment going head to head would be epic! I think it's quite obvious Punk will be involved in the WWE Champioinship match this year seeing as Cena is already got a match and Orton is on Smackdown. The dream match would obviously be Jericho v Punk but it's unlikey that will happen. I think Ziggler is the next best option. Out of all the midcarders in the WWE he's the most ready to step up to the main event (Cody Rhodes included). Give him a good fued with Cena towards the end of the year and the start of next year. Win the Royal Rumble and you've got a guy who is a credible challenge to Punk for the title.

As for the way the main events go, I see it as:

John Cena vs Rock
WWE Championship match (Punk/Ziggler)
Taker vs HHH
World Heavyweight Championship match (Orton/Bryan)

kersh
10-06-2011, 09:21 AM
For.some reason i can see mark Henry holding the belt till wrestlemania then fight bryan. Im
with you on trips v punk with one of.them being the rumble winner. And i think taker will be against kane. This will end in both men being buried alive meaning taker never loses and kane retiring. Who buries them both i can't think. Maybe mason Ryan or big show

Daffy Duck's Finest
10-06-2011, 09:30 AM
I just wish that they could somehow get Bryan and Punk in the same match at Wrestlemania. Surely that's what everyone wants?!?

KJ PUNK
10-06-2011, 09:32 AM
I just wish that they could somehow get Bryan and Punk in the same match at Wrestlemania. Surely that's what everyone wants?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

squarecircle
10-06-2011, 09:59 AM
CM Punk's merchandise numbers may be up ... but WWE PPV numbers are down.

squarecircle
10-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Christian vs. CM Punk for Wrestlemania

BlazersDozen
10-06-2011, 10:53 AM
I have no doubt it would still be Punk V. Jericho & I like the idea of Henry V. Bryan as by that time, Henry would be the biggest heel in the company & be SOOO credible as a monster that if Bryan beat him, he'd be launched to main event easily if they use him right afterwards would determine if he stayed there but Henry would have to drop the belt at least once (not cleanly)

steveorton
10-06-2011, 11:00 AM

The title shouldn't be involved in the Cena-Rock match. But if this match is still on this will definitely headline. Also you have the Taker match to consider. But I feel Y2J returns win rumble and we have the Best in the World match up. I hope Miz holds one of those world title heading in to WM and retains it would shock the world again and show how great this guy is.

Y2J___Y2J
10-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Mania .. should be interesting

cubco
10-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Cena vs The Rock
Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan
Undertaker vs Wade Barrett or Sheamus
CM Punk vs The Miz :(

The_Awesome_One
10-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Cena vs The Rock
Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan
Undertaker vs Wade Barrett or Sheamus
CM Punk vs The Miz :(

Nothing wrong with The Miz, although I hope awesome truth are still tag teaming come mania.

HeelTurn
10-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Nothing wrong with The Miz, although I hope awesome truth are still tag teaming come mania.

Would have been great to see Awesome Truth vs DX, shame HBK retired.

AOF666
10-06-2011, 04:11 PM

That's good, anything to keep Cena out of the title picture!

OldSchoolHeel
10-06-2011, 06:09 PM
You know what I meant, he would be main eventing but so far there is going to be four Mainevents,

Cena VS Rock

Undertaker VS ???????

D-Bry VS ????????

CM Punk VS ??????

should be one hell of a show

if daniel bryan's match is going to be considered a main event then they better come up with something better than burying him by having him job out to the master of botched moves sin cara.

i wouldnt be surprised if they have sin cara take that briefcase from byran long before WM even happens....

punk
10-27-2011, 02:29 AM
Cena vs Rock
DB (mitb) vs Randy Orton (RR winner) vs Mark Henry (c) WHC
CM Punk (c) vs HHH WWE title
Cody Rhodes (c) vs Sheamus (ic title)
Undertaker vs Alberto Del Rio
Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara
Beth Phoenix (c) vs Kharma (bring back the Womens title instead of Divas title)
Air Boom (c) vs Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger (winners of pre ppv tag team Turmoil match) vs Miz and R Truth (#1 contenders) (The match is contested with Tornado rules)

And if there is time Christian vs Wade Barrett vs Zack Ryder(c). US title match