PDA

View Full Version : Why don't wrestling fans learn to spell??

nature boy
10-04-2011, 08:27 PM
I mean, it reflects really badly on all of us.

I'm pretty sure that spell check is integrated in all our post "boxes"..Its really not that hard to fix the spelling, I mean yes, I might be an asshole for bringing this up, but jeez, some of the spelling is really damn atrocious..

Bodom
10-04-2011, 08:29 PM
I also hate to be a dick, but this doesn't belong in the WWE section.

nature boy
10-04-2011, 08:30 PM

I'm sorry about that..just figured spelling was lost on all TNA fans..

helmsley
10-04-2011, 08:30 PM

I'm pretty sure that spell check is integrated in all our post "boxes"..Its really not that hard to fix the spelling, I mean yes, I might be an asshole for bringing this up, but jeez, some of the spelling is really damn atrocious..

you sir are correct on that part lol

no, seriously, i think that spelling is only importan if the message cannot be understood, or its too confusing, otherwise well.....there is not much that can be done

Asherdelampyr
10-04-2011, 08:40 PM

*damned atrocious
Commas, do not, make, you, look, more intelligent.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-04-2011, 08:51 PM
*damned atrocious

Ha! Posts complaining about spelling that have spelling mistskes in them, always make me chuckle!!

Polly-Pablo
10-04-2011, 10:03 PM
*damned atrocious

Quite right........I don't mind spelling or grammar errors as long as the post is legible and clear....

What does p*** me off is when people whine about other people making errors and their post about other's errors is clearly full of aforementioned errors!

zapphoman
10-04-2011, 10:07 PM

Ok, first of all, are you being serious or are you joking? I can't tell.

Edit Post: Because if you are being serious, you need to check your own shit before spouting off about how people spell or use grammar on here.

Elm Street Survivor
10-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Punctuation can be your best friend!!

SilverGhost
10-04-2011, 10:10 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/006/026/futuramafry.jpg?1307461431

Not sure if users are challenged or lazy.

Elm Street Survivor
10-04-2011, 10:12 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/006/026/futuramafry.jpg?1307461431

Not sure if users are challenged or lazy.

I'd like to think they are challenged.

KJ PUNK
10-04-2011, 10:56 PM

That's the biggest lie in the history of the EWN.

68wPayne
10-04-2011, 10:58 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DKKsBeXZANE/TkemG4bLmyI/AAAAAAAAASs/Fh5_E49ootc/s1600/Grammar_Nazis____The_Motivator_by_ZlayaHozyayka.jp g

68wPayne
10-04-2011, 10:59 PM
and for good measure

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_REkgXByDyuU/S7OQjASZIsI/AAAAAAAAGyg/efjoN0B5xbY/s1600/grammar-nazi2.jpg

The Brown One
10-05-2011, 12:46 AM
Its the worst when people write REALLY LONG posts/blogs without using correct grammar, spelling and paragraphs. Makes the whole thing look like a big block of crap.

Tommy Thunder
10-05-2011, 12:51 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DKKsBeXZANE/TkemG4bLmyI/AAAAAAAAASs/Fh5_E49ootc/s1600/Grammar_Nazis____The_Motivator_by_ZlayaHozyayka.jp g

UNITE!!

I don't go around complaining about other's grammar, but I always make sure mine is correct before posting.

Rated_R(ob)KO
10-05-2011, 01:53 AM
Its the worst when people write REALLY LONG posts/blogs without using correct grammar, spelling and paragraphs. Makes the whole thing look like a big block of crap.

As a blogger, you know I agree with this statement. And yeah, I'm a grammar Nazi 100%... I just don't let it affect me while I'm on here. Everything goes, fly by the seat of your pants as the young hooligans say.

THEKEVINBRAND
10-05-2011, 01:54 AM
Who ran the Spell Check user on here? I applaud that user for translating wallyman's vocabulary

Super Kicked
10-05-2011, 03:44 AM
*damned atrocious

What about the proper use, (such as in this case) of parenthesis?

HeelTurn
10-05-2011, 07:12 AM
*damned atrocious

Love your sig "fore I mean five I mean fire!" lol

Its not just the people here, its the people at events that take the time to make a sign for SHAMUS or RANDY ORTAN lol

VanHooliganX
10-05-2011, 07:30 AM
I like this thread. It makes me lol.

I'd actually say something of importance on this but Payne beat me to it.

68wPayne
10-05-2011, 09:07 AM
I like this thread. It makes me lol.

I'd actually say something of importance on this but Payne beat me to it.

I am the weiner...wait, winner. Damn autocorrect :)

VanHooliganX
10-05-2011, 09:09 AM
I am the weiner...wait, winner. Damn autocorrect :)

I wish I was the weiner :(

...Oh yeah! *Winner! Yeah um... damn autocorrect ;D[/stupidjoke]

TheBeardOfZeus
10-05-2011, 09:12 AM

I hate this too.

I don't like to blatantly go mental at someone for it, but if there is a lack of structure or grammar, especially if it's hard to read, I'm probably not going to bother with your post.

68wPayne
10-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Maybe dyslexia is just more pevalent these days you unsympathetic bastards. Honestly, I blame MTV and texting

jordan1995
10-05-2011, 09:43 AM
if i typed how I spoke that would be quite funny considering im from the north east of England ..can anyone understand this....

a divnt even narr what yea on a boot

Kenny_Penfold
10-05-2011, 09:52 AM
if i typed how I spoke that would be quite funny considering im from the north east of England ..can anyone understand this....

I like the north east reference marra. It really infruriates me that people don't spell correctly. It can't be that hard to structure your sentences and it's just fucking lazy. It reduces your point completely if it looks like a pile of shit. I'm quite fussy over that and go into two texts if I need to emphasise my point. Learn to spell. Pricks. :mad:

TheBeardOfZeus
10-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Maybe dyslexia is just more pevalent these days you unsympathetic bastards. Honestly, I blame MTV and texting

Actually a great point Payne. We always call our 5-a-side soccer side "Dyslexia CF".

[QUO0TE=jordan1995;283425]if i typed how I spoke that would be quite funny considering im from the north east of England ..can anyone understand this....

a divnt even narr what yea on a boot[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know what you were on about. Boom.

Kenny_Penfold
10-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Actually a great point Payne. We always call our 5-a-side soccer side "Dyslexia CF".

[QUO0TE=jordan1995;283425]if i typed how I spoke that would be quite funny considering im from the north east of England ..can anyone understand this....

I didn't even know what you were on about. Boom.[/QUOTE]

Nice true Zeus but dint means don't.

Kenny_Penfold
10-05-2011, 09:58 AM

Nice true Zeus but dint means don't.[/QUOTE]

SHIT I MADE A SPELLING MISTAKE!! SORRY. I meant divnt means don't.

jordan1995
10-05-2011, 10:02 AM
I like the north east reference marra. It really infruriates me that people don't spell correctly. It can't be that hard to structure your sentences and it's just fucking lazy. It reduces your point completely if it looks like a pile of shit. I'm quite fussy over that and go into two texts if I need to emphasise my point. Learn to spell. Pricks. :mad:
haha to be honest it depends what mood am in ..if i can be arsed to spell correctly or not but i dont want to be letting the follow northerners down now do i ;)

hehe well done someone that understands me :)

Wade Barrett 1979
10-05-2011, 10:28 AM

Try this then guys, this is from a famous road sign from near me, in the Black Country:

'If yown saft enuf ter cum dahn 'ere agooin wum, yowr tay ull be spile't!'
:p

Rich Cranium
10-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Try this then guys, this is from a famous road sign from near me, in the Black Country:

I listened to it in Google Tranlate. Is that like English redneck talk?

SESAfro
10-05-2011, 10:57 AM

Trying to read that just destroyed my brain.

Rated_R(ob)KO
10-05-2011, 11:00 AM

"If you're soft enough to come down here again __, your __ will be spilled"

??? Amiright?

Elm Street Survivor
10-05-2011, 11:09 AM

If you should eat enough cum then eat again from the womb, you're going to spill it.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-05-2011, 11:11 AM
"If you're soft enough to come down here again __, your __ will be spilled"

??? Amiright?

Not bad Rob, not bad! It says:

If you're soft (stupid) enough to come down here on your way home, your tea will be spoilt!!

Elm Street Survivor
10-05-2011, 11:12 AM
I was close.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-05-2011, 11:13 AM
If you should eat enough cum then eat again from the womb, you're going to spill it.

Ha! Interesting interpretation!! :D

Wade Barrett 1979
10-05-2011, 11:14 AM
I listened to it in Google Tranlate. Is that like English redneck talk?

Ha! Some people think so! :p

Elm Street Survivor
10-05-2011, 11:16 AM
That's how them juggalos type.

68wPayne
10-05-2011, 11:18 AM

Shot in the dark considering that American Southern and Traditional English dialects are very closely related
"If you are soft enough to come down here again when you are going home, your tea will be spoilt"

Wade Barrett 1979
10-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Shot in the dark considering that American Southern and Traditional English dialects are very closely related
"If you are soft enough to come down here again when you are going home, your tea will be spoilt"

There you go and they say we are the same people seperated by the same language!!