PDA

View Full Version : Punk's future?

Rilla
10-04-2011, 04:04 PM
- While it may appear to some that WWE has halted CM Punk's push or put him on the backburner, sources say that is not the case. WWE officials were very surprised at new merchandise numbers for Punk. Punk is now one of the company's top sellers and is neck-and-neck with John Cena. In one demographic, likely males, Punk is on pace to pass Cena in sales.

Because of Punk's success coming out of the summer storylines, WWE officials are now actively looking for ways to monetize him. WWE Studios are looking for projects that Punk could star in and there is talk of doing a CM Punk book, in part because the company hasn't had many books lined up as of late. There are also plans to release more Punk merchandise soon. Punk is also planned to be a bigger part of WWE programming and pay-per-views going into 2012. Word is that the company will be going "full blown" when it comes to Punk.

Regarding creative plans, Punk is scheduled to headline several upcoming pay-per-views with WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio. There's no word yet where John Cena will fit into the feud, if he will at all. Some have questioned WWE's booking of Punk as of late but it's said that WWE is trying to build sympathy for his losses as a part of something bigger.

--Lords of Pain: http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Backstage_News_on_Punk_s_WWE_Future_Possible_Movie _Roles_His_Push_More.html

-----------

-- The company is also looking for film ideas to place CM Punk into. They plan to do a lot with Punk in the upcoming year, due to the company being impressed with how much merchandise he has moved in the recent months. There are plans to move Punk into prominent roles moving forward.

--Front Page

--

Thoughts?

Automatic
10-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Expect massiv hate for CM Punk in 2012.
SuperPunk.

The most people will be bored by him the time 2012 ends.

Asherdelampyr
10-04-2011, 04:07 PM
I would like to see if he can get it done in an acting role. He has a lot of charisma, but then so do a lot of wrestlers that just can't act in a movie worth a damn.
Also I really think that they will release the ice cream, now that he is proving that he is "money" if nothing else, Ben and Jerry's can do a flavor for him

Straightedge Strawberry

or something.

Y2Jryder
10-04-2011, 04:30 PM
WWE is going to make Punk a SuperCena version 2.0 which includes mic skill and wrestling ability.

ratedy2jayz
10-04-2011, 04:36 PM
CM Punk and Chris Jericho are both guys who have been known to like to put guys over to have the best storyline possible, so I can't imagine the whole SuperPunk thing happening. He has more creative control now.

Russo swerve
10-04-2011, 04:54 PM
This still wont be enough for the punk nut riders

Y2J___Y2J
10-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Orton last year = Punk this year..
Loved because he was the anti-establishment.. hated when seriously pushed

Asherdelampyr
10-04-2011, 04:56 PM

you know how hilarious the mass change-over will be

LMPunker
10-04-2011, 05:09 PM
im pleased hope he gets to keep his uniqueness wwe arentstupid enough to make him a cena clone i mean rock austin were the 1 and 2 guys and they were different,hogan and macho man im pleased with how wwe is generally going i mean look at last nights main event they had evan bourne,kofi kingston,dolph ziggler,jack swagger,cody rhodes in the main event of monday night raw it reminded me when they would havemid carders in the main event 10 years ago

Iron Ape
10-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Coming 2012
Phil Brooks in
MxPx: The Movie
(the hard as nails true story of Jesus' favorite punk band)

Daffy Duck's Finest
10-04-2011, 06:52 PM

The difference is, Punk's push won't be at the expense of all the talent. Unlike Orton, who has a reputation for being an asshole and not helping out the younger guys too much.

clh2285
10-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Hey Swerve I hate you

squarecircle
10-04-2011, 08:38 PM
CM Punk has mastered the mic and the art of creating exciting drama.

I can see CM Punk doing well in WWE movies - at least much better than HHH.

But he has a big weakness in the wrestling ring right now.

CM Punk just doesn't come across as convincing enough as a legitimate world heavyweight champion. He doesn't look like a guy who can beat-up anybody he pleases. He looked weak in a lot of his matches against guys like Orton, Cena, HHH, and Alberto Del Rio. Heck, Nash makes CM Punk look like a rookie every time they fight - with Nash ending up power-bombing Punk.

CM Punk would never have been given this kind of push during the attitude era. During the Austin, Rock, Lesnar, and Cena era, a wrestler as great as HBK was never a major player in the world heavy weight title storylines. Why? Because HBK is a smaller wrestler!

So similarly, I can't see CM Punk being a regular in the world heavy weight title storylines. He will mostly continue to be a regular in the top storylines though.

Asherdelampyr
10-04-2011, 08:48 PM
CM Punk has mastered the mic and the art of creating exciting drama.

I can see CM Punk doing well in WWE movies - at least much better than HHH.

But he has a big weakness in the wrestling ring right now.

CM Punk just doesn't come across as convincing enough as a legitimate world heavyweight champion. He doesn't look like a guy who can beat-up anybody he pleases. He looked weak in a lot of his matches against guys like Orton, Cena, HHH, and Alberto Del Rio. Heck, Nash makes CM Punk look like a rookie every time they fight - with Nash ending up power-bombing Punk.

CM Punk would never have been given this kind of push during the attitude era. During the Austin, Rock, Lesnar, and Cena era, a wrestler as great as HBK was never a major player in the world heavy weight title storylines. Why? Because HBK is a smaller wrestler!

So similarly, I can't see CM Punk being a regular in the world heavy weight title storylines. He will mostly continue to be a regular in the top storylines though.
ok, so 1997 never happened?
and the WWF title match with Austin, and Mike Tyson as the special enforcer?
in 1998 he got injured and had to quit wrestling until 2005, is that what you are referring to? Because that was not at all due to his size, or lack thereof.

AreYaSerious
10-04-2011, 09:25 PM
WWE is going to make Punk a SuperCena version 2.0 which includes mic skill and wrestling ability.

They already have the apex predator.

squarecircle
10-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Once Austin 3:16 arrived, it was in with the NEW and out with OLD.

That is why Vince was willing to let Bret Hart go. And even if HBK never retired due to his *back injury*, HBK no longer fit into the Attitude-Austin era.

Let's compare status of wrestlers through the years:

HBK vs Hogan? Hogan > HBK
HBK vs Bret Hart? Bret Hart = HBK
HBK vs Austin? Austin > HBK
HBK vs Rock? Rock > HBK
HBK vs HHH? HHH > HBK
HBK vs Goldberg? Goldberg > HBK
HBK vs Brock Lesnar? Lesnar > HBK
HBK vs Undertaker? Undertake > HBK
HBK vs Cena? Cena > HBK
HBK vs Orton? Orton > HBK

Even if HBK never injured his back, there is no way HBK would have been a permanent legitimate fixature of the world heavy champion storylines. There were just too many bigger stars ahead of him.

And is it just a coincidence that all these stars were *bigger* then him?

Same story goes for the current WWE.

With Cena and Orton as the top dogs, and with the new BIGGER and younger stars emerging, there is no way CM Punk can be permanant fixature of the world heavy championship title scene.

ok, so 1997 never happened?
and the WWF title match with Austin, and Mike Tyson as the special enforcer?
in 1998 he got injured and had to quit wrestling until 2005, is that what you are referring to? Because that was not at all due to his size, or lack thereof.

rss3004
10-05-2011, 01:55 AM
There's a difference between pushing someone and shoving him down the viewer's throat.

Also, Orton hardly puts anyone over. Punk, on the other hand, does not win all the matches he has in a feud.

Super Kicked
10-05-2011, 03:50 AM
I'd like to thing of myself as a level headed HBK mark, but Goldberg > HBK? Seriously?

The Hit Man
10-05-2011, 06:15 AM
Once Austin 3:16 arrived, it was in with the NEW and out with OLD.

That is why Vince was willing to let Bret Hart go. And even if HBK never retired due to his *back injury*, HBK no longer fit into the Attitude-Austin era.

Let's compare status of wrestlers through the years:

HBK vs Hogan? Hogan > HBK
HBK vs Bret Hart? Bret Hart = HBK
HBK vs Austin? Austin > HBK
HBK vs Rock? Rock > HBK
HBK vs HHH? HHH > HBK
HBK vs Goldberg? Goldberg > HBK
HBK vs Brock Lesnar? Lesnar > HBK
HBK vs Undertaker? Undertake > HBK
HBK vs Cena? Cena > HBK
HBK vs Orton? Orton > HBK

Even if HBK never injured his back, there is no way HBK would have been a permanent legitimate fixature of the world heavy champion storylines. There were just too many bigger stars ahead of him.

And is it just a coincidence that all these stars were *bigger* then him?

Same story goes for the current WWE.

With Cena and Orton as the top dogs, and with the new BIGGER and younger stars emerging, there is no way CM Punk can be permanant fixature of the world heavy championship title scene.

I know it's only a DVD but you do realise that HBK was voted as the greatest WWE superstar of all time? To say he isn't as good as the names you've mentioned is quite mind boggling. HBK was the main event from 1996 till his injury in '98 and when he returned he was constantly in the main event. Infact you could argue that the match of the night from WM19 to 26 was probably the match involving HBK.

As for CM Punk, it's only right they push him as one of the main guys after what he has done in such a small amount of time. I do hope that he's used to put some of the younger talent over as credible main eventers.

TheBeardOfZeus
10-05-2011, 06:23 AM
Guys, don't completely de-rail this into a HBK thread.

I want more Punk. Always have, always will, and I didn't like Orton in the first place, so Punk will be fine.

squarecircle
10-05-2011, 11:52 AM
You're looking at it in the wrong way. The list is not about "who is a better performer".

It's about who Vince (and the fans) would realistically accept is the WORLD CHAMP, and hence, the face and flagship of the company.

Would Vince book a feud between Goldberg and HBK? NO!

Why? Because HBK is little toothpick compared to Goldberg, and Goldberg would crush him.

Think about it this way as well.

What would happened if guys like Goldberg, Brock Lesnar, Austin, The Rock, Batista, HHH, Undertaker, etc, returned [in their primes] full-time to the WWE?

What would happen to guys like HBK and CM Punk? Would they even be a *permanent fixture* of the world championship title storylines? NO!

CM Punk would never have been during those eras!

It is only because right now, the WWE lacks any legitimate *big men* superstars in their primes beside Cena and Orton.

I'd like to thing of myself as a level headed HBK mark, but Goldberg > HBK? Seriously?

Asherdelampyr
10-05-2011, 11:54 AM
You're looking at it in the wrong way. The list is not about "who is a better performer".

It's about who Vince (and the fans) would realistically accept is the WORLD CHAMP, and hence, the face and flagship of the company.

Why? Because HBK is little toothpick compared to Goldberg, and Goldberg would crush him.

What would happened if guys like Goldberg, Brock Lesnar, Austin, The Rock, Batista, HHH, Undertaker, etc, returned [in their primes] full-time to the WWE?

What would happen to guys like HBK and CM Punk? Would they even be a *permanent fixture* of the world championship title storylines? NO!

It is only because right now, the WWE lacks any legitimate *big men* superstars in their primes beside Cena and Orton.

he likes big men and he cannot lie :P

Rich Cranium
10-05-2011, 11:58 AM
I would be very interested in seeing CM Punk in a movie. I had no interest whatsoever to see the Randy Orton film and still don't.

Y2Jryder
10-05-2011, 12:25 PM
They already have the apex predator.
yeah but he wasn't finished, he only has decent wrestling skills and zero mic skills

jethro
10-05-2011, 12:44 PM
I wish Punk and Ryder teaming together in the future,their storyline starts when Ryder keep telling Punk during the segment they should team together but Punk reluctant until certain point he agrees to team with him,like Rock and Sock connection.

steveorton
10-05-2011, 12:57 PM

I understand what you are trying to say but when its all said and done HBK is one of the best if not the best (I am a Taker fan so I think Taker is the greatest of all time yes I am being bias), imo HBK > Goldberg + Lesnar.

Asherdelampyr
10-05-2011, 01:00 PM
I wish Punk and Ryder teaming together in the future,their storyline starts when Ryder keep telling Punk during the segment they should team together but Punk reluctant until certain point he agrees to team with him,like Rock and Sock connection.

that could be a good way to get Ryder more TV time, the only concern is that the biggest fans of both men are the same people.
I think a lot of what made the Rock and Sock connection was that it kinda brought together 2 different groups of fans.

HBK
10-05-2011, 01:22 PM

Well he did have Eddie Guerrero vs Brock and had Eddie win so who is to say HBK wouldn't have faced Goldberg and HHH was/is a huge guy and HBK and him had alot of match's

squarecircle
10-05-2011, 05:00 PM
The key word is *permanent fixture* of the world heavyweight championship scene.

Vince would never do a Goldberg-like winning streak where a Goldberg buries everyone because that's just bad investment.

For great wrestling, you need great feuds and storylines. If the *top dog* world champ always wins, then it becomes boring. So the *top dog* world champ has to lose once in awhile, but the title eventually returns to him.

HBK would no doubt have gotten his *world title* runs against guys some of the guys I mentioned, and probably win a few, but he would not be the *face* and *flagship* of the company during those eras, and hence always be in the *world heavy champion title* storylines.

Chris Jericho, HHH, and a few others played that role during the Austin-Rock era. Austin and Rock were the *top dog* world champs. Occassionaly, guys like Jericho and HHH would get the world titles, but eventually the world title would return to either Austin or Rock, or after the WCW-merger, both Austin and Rock.

Right now, the *top dog* world champs are Cena and Orton. Even if Cena or Orton lose, they will eventually get the world title back. They are the *face* and *flagship* of the WWE.

Well he did have Eddie Guerrero vs Brock and had Eddie win so who is to say HBK wouldn't have faced Goldberg and HHH was/is a huge guy and HBK and him had alot of match's