PDA

View Full Version : 'The Great Khali Leaving WWE'

Automatic
10-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Look what I just read.

''The Great Khali is likely done with WWE as an active wrestler after being wrote out off television this past week following a storyline injury inflicted by World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry. The report notes that Khali’s contract is soon to exprire and the feeling backstage is he will not be returning anytime soon, if ever. Khali will likely head back to India and focus on his acting career while maintaining a relationship with WWE Studios.''

Good for him that he has something else.

You may start the festivities now.

S.E. Zero
10-04-2011, 12:45 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Z8qcLaceTI4/TPpd4-JsHVI/AAAAAAAAAb4/etwcd5JUVMU/s1600/Hallelujah.jpg

Rich Cranium
10-04-2011, 12:46 PM
He has done pretty much all he can do in the ring so Bollywood is a great place for him. He has insane popularity over there.

rss3004
10-04-2011, 01:32 PM
That insane popularity was during the time he was world champion.

Rich Cranium
10-04-2011, 01:37 PM
That insane popularity was during the time he was world champion.

I call nonsense on that. He is still a big deal over there.

Asherdelampyr
10-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Doesn't he have some sort of training facility in India as well? I remember reading that somewhere
Khali is amazingly famous in India by all accounts, so I am sure that whatever his next move will be, he will have no problems making money at it.

Rich Cranium
10-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Doesn't he have some sort of training facility in India as well? I remember reading that somewhere
Khali is amazingly famous in India by all accounts, so I am sure that whatever his next move will be, he will have no problems making money at it.

All I know is that he was a cop. Can you imagine getting pulled over and looking in you rear view mirror to see this guy walking towards you?

Asherdelampyr
10-04-2011, 01:44 PM
All I know is that he was a cop. Can you imagine getting pulled over and looking in you rear view mirror to see this guy walking towards you?

That would scare the hell out of me,
though we all know now that he can't run, so you could get away

Daffy Duck's Finest
10-04-2011, 02:19 PM
I wish him all the best in India. Although he was one of the worst at wrestling, I enjoyed his time being a monster heel. He seemed a decent company guy also

Y2Jryder
10-04-2011, 02:19 PM
When he is back in India they can learn him how to walk

Roy
10-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Haha! He is very popular here but the movies he acted in, were huge flops. He just does the Big Show, when it comes to movies. [Knucklehead]
But he has a great deal of fan following. He was the first runner up in Big Boss, an Indian version of the Big Brother.

Y2J___Y2J
10-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Good to see that he has plans after he retires..

Brewer 314
10-04-2011, 02:45 PM
This is from the news board so take it with a grain of salt.

The article goes on to say, 'that he has an expiring contract.'

My real question is:

Does this guy even have any fans?

Asherdelampyr
10-04-2011, 03:02 PM
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?10143-Internet-dream-come-true

Rated_R(ob)KO
10-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Who the hell is The Great Khali? ;)

the-rocks-stunner
10-04-2011, 03:23 PM
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?10143-Internet-dream-come-true

automatic the slyfox!

AOF666
10-04-2011, 03:25 PM
I know he can't do much in the ring, but in a weird way, he is kind of entertaining. But he would be better of acting in movies.

Asherdelampyr
10-04-2011, 03:50 PM
I like his entrance music

Rich Cranium
10-04-2011, 03:52 PM

This is where great minds posted if interested.

Mikeyboy7777777
10-04-2011, 03:58 PM
now they only have to get rid of jinder mahal:D not impressed at all mark henry is getting good though:D

Asherdelampyr
10-04-2011, 03:59 PM
This is where great minds posted if interested.

it's true, I seen it

Asherdelampyr
10-04-2011, 04:01 PM
now they only have to get rid of jinder mahal:D not impressed at all mark henry is getting good though:D

I have the complete opposite pov there
that's interesting
I see hope for Jinder Mahal, I think Mark henry is in a bit of the "old dog's learning new tricks" phase

Also I will miss Khali's entrance music. I like it

Undertaker Mark
10-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Khali is awful in the ring most of the time but , I dont think he deseves the hate he gets. Him taking a clean defeat from Ziggler is what IMO made Dolph a credible threat. He had a good run with the title when he first showed up and I hope he continues to make his presence known. Just not in a wrestling role

URATOOL
10-04-2011, 04:03 PM

Could they teach him as well?

Lowki
10-04-2011, 04:14 PM
End of the world, December 21st 2012? No, 4th October 2011 the world ended. :'(

Y2J___Y2J
10-04-2011, 04:59 PM
When playing to his strengths Khali looks... decent-ish..
Back when he was the major heel.. he just beat on everyone and it looked all right.. because he was selling and taking bumps.. only one or two..
Putting him face never really worked.. the big guys should dominate then lose or whatever for the upset

The Brown One
10-04-2011, 07:28 PM

If you're going to insult a race, at least spell it right.

NickAW1990
10-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Thank god. I would be tempted to call him the worst World Champion if Arquette did not win the WCW title.

LMPunker
10-04-2011, 08:13 PM
i just hope this the last giant with no talent they hire id say i respect khali but he never really took any bumps the odd spinebuster from batista and the aa from cena but that was more or less it

Super Kicked
10-05-2011, 03:38 AM
Never cared much for him as a wrestler, except that time he left that huge handprint on Sheamus' chest, but I love him in Get Smart. So, good move I say.

steveorton
10-05-2011, 10:14 AM
No big loss.

Tommy Thunder
10-05-2011, 10:22 AM
The appeal and novelty of having The Great Khali as a wrestler has worn off. He can't bend his knees properly any more, and he even looks as if he's having trouble walking down to the ring.
I thin WWE keeping contact with him is good for them, since his appeal to the Indian audience is of great value to them. It's also good to see that Khali has something to do after his in-ring days are over.

I'm also hoping that this decision to cut Khali from the wrestling roster will mean that they get behind Jinder Mahal, and make him their next big Asian star.

steveorton
10-05-2011, 10:29 AM
The appeal and novelty of having The Great Khali as a wrestler has worn off. He can't bend his knees properly any more, and he even looks as if he's having trouble walking down to the ring.
I thin WWE keeping contact with him is good for them, since his appeal to the Indian audience is of great value to them. It's also good to see that Khali has something to do after his in-ring days are over.

I'm also hoping that this decision to cut Khali from the wrestling roster will mean that they get behind Jinder Mahal, and make him their next big Asian star.

I remembered when Khali debuted I was in shock when he was next to Taker. I am a huge Taker man and I was worried whether Taker would be able to beat this guy. But that was years ago Khali has become a comedy act now it's hard to take him serious even when he turned heel.

Jinder Mahal is just bland. I think he will become a jobber and than be fired.

Tommy Thunder
10-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Jinder Mahal is just bland. I think he will become a jobber and than be fired.

You familiar with Tiger Raj Sing?

steveorton
10-05-2011, 10:43 AM
You familiar with Tiger Raj Sing?

Canadian professional wrestler who is Mahal.

Sorry man I just don't like the guy I find him annoying and not because he is heel.

I don't know him outside the WWE probably he was good outside but I just can't connect with him but thats just my opinion.

Tommy Thunder
10-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Canadian professional wrestler who is Mahal.

Sorry man I just don't like the guy I find him annoying and not because he is heel.

I don't know him outside the WWE probably he was good outside but I just can't connect with him but thats just my opinion.

Thank God for Wikipedia eh? :p

Fair enough.
But based on his work outside WWE (even in FCW), he's got potential to be very good.
He's suffered from terrible booking so far (the whole storyline with Khali for example was one of the worst booked things in WWE in recent times). If WWE book him correctly, he'll be a big player in WWE in years.

But if you just can't like him, well that's fair enough.

steveorton
10-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Thank God for Wikipedia eh? :p

Fair enough.
But based on his work outside WWE (even in FCW), he's got potential to be very good.
He's suffered from terrible booking so far (the whole storyline with Khali for example was one of the worst booked things in WWE in recent times). If WWE book him correctly, he'll be a big player in WWE in years.

But if you just can't like him, well that's fair enough.

Yes Wikipedia ftw :) I know you would have caught it :)