PDA

View Full Version : Is Lawler now the voice of the voiceless?

Kenny_Penfold
10-04-2011, 07:27 AM
After watching Raw, a few things left me feeling confused by the recent going's on (no surprise there). Vince is obviously working with Laryngitis because he raised and then lowered the cell for Miz and Truth to beatdown everyone. This was done far better with the Nexus though so I wasn't that gripped. I thought Raw was quite pathetic with everyone walking out. It didn't add anything that the cameraman or sound guy walked off. I was just waiting for the crowd to leave too or HHH to get the shit kicked out of him. The segment went on for about fifteen hours and what was the point? The thing that struck me though was the King getting in the ring and telling HHH that he was going to walk out. The heels quickly followed King and he seemed like the leader of the pack. He seemed like he was speaking for everyone but where were Cena, Punk, Rock (it would've been great to bring him back then) or Orton at? It flopped because they weren't present to condemn HHH. One final note, can they not give Laryngitis something else to do than to turn away from the camera and begin texting? Give him another prop for fuck's sake. :)

Enforcer23
10-04-2011, 07:30 AM
first off it was a good segment yes it did go for a long time but it was needed...i dunno why atleast one big name wasint out there that would of deffintly added and to me jerry was just the guy to speak because how he was attacked and what not he ante no leader for it

Brewer 314
10-04-2011, 07:43 AM
Nothing with the 'Nexus' was good.

And King is just part of the storyline......But it will be interesting to find out just how big of part he's going to play,

Kenny_Penfold
10-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Nothing with the 'Nexus' was good.

And King is just part of the storyline......But it will be interesting to find out just how big of part he's going to play,

Of course the Nexus was good, when they turned up and smashed the shit out of everything, how was that not good? I'm very aware that King is part of a storyline but I'm just wondering why he piped up. I mean, how many times has he been attacked and not said anything? Yep, loads. Maybe there's something more to it.

Enforcer23
10-04-2011, 07:52 AM
Of course the Nexus was good, when they turned up and smashed the shit out of everything, how was that not good? I'm very aware that King is part of a storyline but I'm just wondering why he piped up. I mean, how many times has he been attacked and not said anything? Yep, loads. Maybe there's something more to it.

yeah but its also a storyline in wwe anything can change so this time jerry thinks his life is in danger and he needs to speak up and what not....WWE just needed a guy to fill the spot and who better than jerry lawler

Brewer 314
10-04-2011, 07:56 AM

Because it was a group of nobodies who were 'smashing the shit out of everything'.

He piped up because he was put through a table.

I guess they used him because the other two announcers were injury risks.

Kenny_Penfold
10-04-2011, 07:57 AM
yeah but its also a storyline in wwe anything can change so this time jerry thinks his life is in danger and he needs to speak up and what not....WWE just needed a guy to fill the spot and who better than jerry lawler

I just kind of think that if he was that scared, why did he go out when Mark Henry put him through the table? He didn't even mention it as to why he was scared. You might say he didn't need to but the refs mentioned Truth/Miz and Rodrigo as people who have attacked them. To join the team, did you walk away from HHH too?

The Hit Man
10-04-2011, 08:03 AM
I think the reason why Lauranitis is always texting is because he is texting McMahon. I thought the segment was good but I was waiting for either Punk or Cena to come out and confront Triple H in some way.

Enforcer23
10-04-2011, 08:09 AM
I think the reason why Lauranitis is always texting is because he is texting McMahon. I thought the segment was good but I was waiting for either Punk or Cena to come out and confront Triple H in some way.

yeah same would of been great if cena was the last one to leave

Kenny_Penfold
10-04-2011, 08:23 AM
yeah same would of been great if cena was the last one to leave

The segment absolutely needed someone with credibility to walk out. I mean Dolph Ziggler walking out has about as much effect as me leaving the building. Talking of leaving the building, maybe they should've brought HBK back to tell Hunter he was losing it.

Enforcer23
10-04-2011, 08:25 AM
The segment absolutely needed someone with credibility to walk out. I mean Dolph Ziggler walking out has about as much effect as me leaving the building. Talking of leaving the building, maybe they should've brought HBK back to tell Hunter he was losing it.

yeah your right it was good but it needed a full stop or a killer punch for atleast most people to go ow shit insted of oh yeah shit aye...but you will find that punk cena and all the big boys that didint come out will be with wwe and not agianst it

The Hit Man
10-04-2011, 08:29 AM

I think JR was suppose to be that man. I mean if you think about it, he's the man currently in the WWE who has had the most history with HHH. I think they may have purposely left out Orton, Cena and Punk to keep us guessing about what the top guys think about him.

Kincaid
10-04-2011, 09:07 AM
I liked the segment. Little long winded. There was a REASON the top faces weren't out there. I'm sure we'll find out why.

latreal23
10-04-2011, 11:06 AM
I still think that group of faces should have stood behind HHH and showed him someone is on his side.

jethro
10-04-2011, 11:21 AM
I chuckled at the topic title,imagine Lawler end his speech by saying 'pipebomb'

Jags
10-04-2011, 12:26 PM
I think it was good the top faces weren't there, if they are behind him it would of taken the moment away the rest has no confidence in Triple H.

I got sad when J.R. walked out man, his face was in the form of a :( smiley.

thetheme
10-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Lawler sounded like all the rest of the crying little bitches out there. I hated this segment. No confidence? For what exactly? Lawler jumped in the ring to help JR and paid the price. Wasn't he getting title shots against the jizz earlier this year even though he is an announcer? So being hurt as an announcer is no excuse, plus that had nothing to do with HHH losing control or the jizz and truth.

Christian sounded like the CLB he always was, nuff said about that.

Divas in "danger"? Seriously? All Beth has to do is to get someone to hit her attacker with a mic again.

Refs? Come on, refs have been getting knocked around in just about every era in wrestling. So blaming that on HHH seems pointless.

Jizz and Truth are a poor version of The Outsiders. Complaining about HHH? What if Austin was in charge? He probably would have drove something on their cars or set traps for them, or beat them in a super market like the little bitches they are. STUNNER STUNNER STUNNER!!

Mid card champions complaining that they have to defend the titles or wrestle in matches? That's what you do as a CHAMPION, you DEFEND. Cody just was talking about bringing prestige back to the Intercontinental title right?

Cole should just shut up already. Not feeling safe and in chaos? Remember getting abducted and raped on Smackdown?

Most of what's going on has nothing to do with HHH. Most of it is just crying until they get their way.

No confidence in HHH? I wonder how things will be if someone else was in charge (it has to be a heel). And then it will be the super faces to take them down, then everyone on the IWC will complain about that and it will be hilarious.

Asherdelampyr
10-04-2011, 12:46 PM
the entire segment kinda petered out at the end there. Really it had a loss of steam to begin with simply because anyone who has been watching longer than 10 years has seen more "violent" acts committed against refs. announcers, divas and even cameramen. Not to mention it was like watching some strange reverse of the walkout the Rock did before RR 2000 to get Mick Foley back in.

a lot of it sounded like grasping at straws, because it was. This came too early imo, and before significant damage could be done to justify it. Hell the Nexus did more damage in one night than the Awesome Truth has done this entire story. That, plus the lack of top faces, killed it from the beginning imo, add to that the extra uneeded 5 minutes or so when the cameramen were leaving, and it just lacked

Jags
10-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Lawler sounded like all the rest of the crying little bitches out there. I hated this segment. No confidence? For what exactly? Lawler jumped in the ring to help JR and paid the price. Wasn't he getting title shots against the jizz earlier this year even though he is an announcer? So being hurt as an announcer is no excuse, plus that had nothing to do with HHH losing control or the jizz and truth.

Christian sounded like the CLB he always was, nuff said about that.

Divas in "danger"? Seriously? All Beth has to do is to get someone to hit her attacker with a mic again.

Refs? Come on, refs have been getting knocked around in just about every era in wrestling. So blaming that on HHH seems pointless.

Jizz and Truth are a poor version of The Outsiders. Complaining about HHH? What if Austin was in charge? He probably would have drove something on their cars or set traps for them, or beat them in a super market like the little bitches they are. STUNNER STUNNER STUNNER!!

Mid card champions complaining that they have to defend the titles or wrestle in matches? That's what you do as a CHAMPION, you DEFEND. Cody just was talking about bringing prestige back to the Intercontinental title right?

Cole should just shut up already. Not feeling safe and in chaos? Remember getting abducted and raped on Smackdown?

Most of what's going on has nothing to do with HHH. Most of it is just crying until they get their way.

No confidence in HHH? I wonder how things will be if someone else was in charge (it has to be a heel). And then it will be the super faces to take them down, then everyone on the IWC will complain about that and it will be hilarious.

Haha you marked out that's just hilarious.

Don't take the segment to seriously, but another thing heels do is complain. Probably it will turn around soon, just let it build up man ;-).

thetheme
10-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Haha you marked out that's just hilarious.

Don't take the segment to seriously, but another thing heels do is complain. Probably it will turn around soon, just let it build up man ;-).

Naw, I was just ranting as a fan. It's just that all of it seemed like crying to me about "danger" and "unstable". What if there was crying like this in the attitude era?

Kincaid
10-04-2011, 01:27 PM
This was just like when the Rock assembled everyone on the roster by the ring and threatened to walk out on the McMahon/Helmsley regime if they didn't reinstate Mick Foley. They didn't walk but they almost did. So there was "crying" in the Attitude era.

Asherdelampyr
10-04-2011, 01:34 PM
This was just like when the Rock assembled everyone on the roster by the ring and threatened to walk out on the McMahon/Helmsley regime if they didn't reinstate Mick Foley. They didn't walk but they almost did. So there was "crying" in the Attitude era.

yup, its like a weird reverse situation, with trip being a heel that had seized power then, vs a face that had it thrust upon him now. and instead of trying to get someone hired, they are trying to make sure that 2 guys don't come back at all.

thetheme
10-04-2011, 01:36 PM

No. That was just to bring Foley back. There was no one saying crap about "working conditions", getting put in matches, defending titles, and this current thing isn't saying bring back Truth and jizz. Plus pretty much the whole roster was out there, big names and all when Rock did it. Last night it was just mainly heels. For the most part, it's the heels bitching about things done to them but they do to others as a heel which makes no sense.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-04-2011, 01:42 PM
No. That was just to bring Foley back. There was no one saying crap about "working conditions", getting put in matches, defending titles, and this current thing isn't saying bring back Truth and jizz. Plus pretty much the whole roster was out there, big names and all when Rock did it. Last night it was just mainly heels. For the most part, it's the heels bitching about things done to them but they do to others as a heel which makes no sense.

That is what heels do. They complain about defending their titles. They complain about matches that they are put into. They complain. That is what heels do constantly. They did it in the Attitude Era and they'll do it again. Heels complain get over it.

thetheme
10-04-2011, 02:09 PM
That is what heels do. They complain about defending their titles. They complain about matches that they are put into. They complain. That is what heels do constantly. They did it in the Attitude Era and they'll do it again. Heels complain get over it.

Hmmmmmm, you just said "that's what heels do". But people complaing about what faces and "super" faces do all the time and won't get over that. Heels go out and get even or make statements to get the upper hand, cheat in matches, excape with titles. However that's not what they are doing here.

This seems more like. Waaaaaaaa I want a title match, waaaaaaaa I don't want to wrestle or defend my title even though I was talking all that shit, waaaaaaa he brutally attacked me after I tired to cheat and I failed, waaaaaaa a World Champion put me through a table and now I feel unsafe, waaaaaaa we're women, waaaaaaa we're refs getting knocked around.

Getting even (or trying to) was done the following week more than anything and some don't have anything to complain about because their champions.

On top of all that, now Otunga is trying to be a version of Clarence Mason.

So if you are going to say "that's what heels do", then never say anything about the faces, the company, the era, the title changes, the signature moves. All of that should be null and void.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Hmmmmmm, you just said "that's what heels do". But people complaing about what faces and "super" faces do all the time and won't get over that. Heels go out and get even or make statements to get the upper hand, cheat in matches, excape with titles. However that's not what they are doing here.

This seems more like. Waaaaaaaa I want a title match, waaaaaaaa I don't want to wrestle or defend my title even though I was talking all that shit, waaaaaaa he brutally attacked me after I tired to cheat and I failed, waaaaaaa a World Champion put me through a table and now I feel unsafe, waaaaaaa we're women, waaaaaaa we're refs getting knocked around.

Getting even (or trying to) was done the following week more than anything and some don't have anything to complain about because their champions.

On top of all that, now Otunga is trying to be a version of Clarence Mason.

So if you are going to say "that's what heels do", then never say anything about the faces, the company, the era, the title changes, the signature moves. All of that should be null and void.

Okay I'll break it down for you:

1.) The only thing in wrestling that should be complained about is if you disagree with a certain superstar being pushed/not being pushed. This is because you as the consumer, someone who watches the product, deserves to see who you want out there.

2.) Heels have always complained. This is not a new concept. They have always complained and if you don't like it don't watch it.

3.) Next time you respond please make it legible.

dres1214
10-04-2011, 03:15 PM

Actually the real reason why the top "baby" faces weren't out there is simple. Each of the superstars out there turned their back to HHH and walked off. Why would you have a top "baby" face do that? The crowd would be confused and boo them. It's smart that creative did that. Hence, why the mid card "baby" faces were the last to leave with hesitation. You won't put your top stars out there to turn their back on the COO, their "boss" HHH. Also its going to set up the SS team tag match.

BlazersDozen
10-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Does anyone think this is going to lead to a union for the workers? Morrison tweeted for a little bit about that last night.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Does anyone think this is going to lead to a union for the workers? Morrison tweeted for a little bit about that last night.

Mate, totally off topic but I like the fact you use your sig for posters for the next PPV, both Feds!!

AOF666
10-04-2011, 04:11 PM
This whole story doesn't make sense at all. Haitch says one thing then turns around and does another. He says he likes the chaos and the solution is to fight. Miz and Truth didn't like what was going on so they did something about it. Haitch turned around and fired them. Then last night claims that they didn't want to take their punishment. Can't have Haitch go out there say he likes chaos and fighting then turns around and fires people.

thatguy2011
10-04-2011, 08:02 PM
It's possible, I mean he goes into the ring telling HHH the mic doesn't work. and walks out.... with the WORKING Mic!. If he can't talk, No one can!