PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk,WWE has blown this opportunity blown

Juvenile Junkie
10-04-2011, 06:12 AM
Yes or No? He should have had a lengthy reign as Champion after how red hot he was after MITB,en rout to SummerSlam.It could have been like HBK's title reign from back in the day or The Rock's first face reign,one of the great title reigns of modern history.

BlazersDozen
10-04-2011, 06:20 AM
False...the short title reigns are all apart of storyline. I don't think it would be very believable that Punk & others are being conspired against but he holds the belt for months at a time.

CMhuw24
10-04-2011, 06:33 AM
They should feud him against David Otungas heel group as thats not the change he wanted.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
10-04-2011, 07:33 AM
I say they've dropped the ball by just having him become another Face. He could have been something different, morally grey instead of black or white. Has nothing to do with him holding the championship though.

rss3004
10-04-2011, 07:38 AM
They never should have brought him back so soon after MITB.

Jayoholic
10-04-2011, 07:58 AM
He was a part of a bigger storyline, so no, they didn't drop the ball.

The Hit Man
10-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Ever since NOC I feel he has sizzled out a bit. He's more of an extra in the storyline now rather than the focal point. I would prefer if he was kinda in the middle of it all rather than taking the good side and teaming with Cena.

Kenny_Penfold
10-04-2011, 08:12 AM
I think Punk was fantastic but he's sort of stuck now because HHH is really over and maybe they should've had HHH screw Punk to maintain the interest. He's suddenly best pals with Cena when he should be attacking him. You wonder what'll happen when Vince is back and if Punk will be back to square one. Punk v Austin really does need to take off before the end of the year because Rock v Cena is going to overshadow him instantly. What's he going to do at SS when Rock teams with Cena? He looks pathetic if he teams with them.

CrowOfMurders
10-04-2011, 08:31 AM
He was a part of a bigger storyline, so no, they didn't drop the ball.

^^^^^This, the title is meaningless(almost) and insignificant to the big picture right now. As long as he's a major part of the conspiracy storyline he's still on top

Russo swerve
10-04-2011, 09:54 AM
Um so ppl are still bitchin about theire saviour cm punk because hes not champ

Juvenile Junkie
10-04-2011, 10:36 AM
I say they've dropped the ball by just having him become another Face. He could have been something different, morally grey instead of black or white. Has nothing to do with him holding the championship though.

an anti-hero...... problem was that he became a fan-favourite

Rilla
10-04-2011, 11:56 AM
I don't think they have, at all.

It is still the biggest SL in wrestling of late, and now.. it has evolved to include the entire roster, based off one little worked shoot.

squarecircle
10-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Is CM Punk dropping the ball? Or is it the WWE?

Or is there a bigger plan coming up with CM Punk forming a new stable with the Miz & R-Truth, Nash, and Mr.Future Endeavors?

Because ever since Summer Slam, CM Punk's work has been going downhill.

Now he's nice with Cena and every one else? Whatever happen to his *pipebombs*? His *pipebombs* have become boring!

The Miz & R-Truth have stolen CM Punk's pipebomb!

Mind you, I've always thought CM Punk was *cool* but I even to this day, I'm still not convince he is heavy weight world champion calibre!

I'll admit I don't find CM Punk's physical build impressive. CM Punk doesn't look strong and impressive in the ring with bigger guys like Cena, HHH, Kevin Nash, and even Alberto Del Rio!

Not just bigger guys, but CM Punk does not look impressive in the ring with more athletic guys too, no matter their size.

CM Punk looks to only be on the Miz & R-Truth's level in terms of physical presence in the ring.

And now with his *babyface* persona, CM Punk looks even weaker and hence, less impressive.

If CM Punk does not do any thing *radical* soon, CM Punk is going to lose all his steam - whatever he has left - to the Miz & R-Truth.

What do you all think?

See my thread: http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?10142-Is-CM-Punk-dropping-the-ball

rss3004
10-04-2011, 01:02 PM
CM Punk's been sidelined from the main storyline but I'm guessing he'll be feuding with ADR for the WWE title.

Plus Punk's more of a wrestler than a bodybuilder. Guys like Punk, jericho etc win their matches on the basis of their skills rather than strength.

Iron Ape
10-04-2011, 01:11 PM
an anti-hero...... problem was that he became a fan-favourite
Those two don't have to be mutually exclusive.

squarecircle
10-04-2011, 01:21 PM
That's the thing ... Punk is unpar to be just another Chris Jericho!

The only thing saving CM Punk right now is the lack of other credible stars for males to cheer for. If it wasn't for CM Punk's merchandise numbers, Vince would not keep CM Punk in the main event status.

CM Punk doesn't look impressive in the ring with bigger guys, and more athletic guys. Heck, Punk is not even a technical wrestler like Kurt Angle or Bret Hart!

CM Punk's been sidelined from the main storyline but I'm guessing he'll be feuding with ADR for the WWE title.

Plus Punk's more of a wrestler than a bodybuilder. Guys like Punk, jericho etc win their matches on the basis of their skills rather than strength.

rss3004
10-04-2011, 01:22 PM
If HHH turns heel and turns on the WWE locker room, then Punk might be involved in the angle again.

Y2J___Y2J
10-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Title reigns don't mean anything anymore so it doesn't really matter too much.. but he was red hot coming off of MITB