PDA

View Full Version : Devon Nicholson Files Suit Against WWE -Round 2 $600,000 Update Oct 3rd,2011

THEKEVINBRAND
10-03-2011, 06:20 PM
THUNDER BAY – There are no rounds in wrestling, but you could say ‘Round Two’ is underway. Professional wrestler Devon Nicholson, who has wrestled under the names ‘Hannibal’, ‘Kid Nichols’ and ‘Adam Lust’, has filed suit against the World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. (WWE). The suit is based on WWE offering a contract to Nicholson, and then revoking that contract because Nicholson has Hepititis C.
In a Statement of Claim filed with the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Nicholson is seeking $600,000.00 for wrongful dismissal and or breach of contract, as well as $250,000.00 for damages for “injury to dignity, feelings and self respect” under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Further Nicholson is seeking Aggravated and punitive damages in the amount of $5 million.
The WWE has not yet responded to any claims made in the Statement of Claim, or filed a Statement of Defense.
Nicholson has also filed a law suit against WWE Legend and Hall of Fame wrestler Larry “Abudulah the Butcher” Shreve alleging that he contacted Hepititis C as a result of Shreve’s action. Nicholson alleges that he caught Hepatitis-C from Shreve after cut him with the same blade he had used on himself in a 2007 wrestling match.
Nicholson has been wrestling across Canada in the Great North Wrestling promotion, and has set a retirement date of October 8, 2011.
None of the statements in the Statement of claim have been proven in court.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
10-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Cena better come out with a new shirt so they can make some extra cash.

Undertaker Mark
10-03-2011, 07:18 PM

I hope it's yellow than he'll be all the colors of the rainbow. That sounded less gay in my head

Rich Cranium
10-03-2011, 07:21 PM
I hope it's yellow than he'll be all the colors of the rainbow. That sounded less gay in my head

Why, so he can be Hogan?

jhorton1215
10-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Why, so he can be Hogan?

Cenamania, Brotha!

Los Conquistador
10-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Good luck to him

All wwe did was protect their other eventers from catching it

And why wait till you retire to sue them
The whole thing is in bad taste

luduca444
10-03-2011, 07:52 PM

was that a Scrubs reference??

Ruthless_Aggression
10-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Good luck to him

I know how he feels. I wasn't allowed to donate blood just because they found out I was HIV positive. That hurt my dignity, feelings, and self respect.

AOF666
10-03-2011, 08:54 PM

Actually CM Punk out sold John Cena! So Punk needs a new shirt also ASAP!

IrkenInvader
10-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Mother Fucker, this is like an HIV positive guy filing a suit against his girlfriend for breaking up with him after he got it from someone else.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Why, so he can be Hogan?

He isn't already?

THEKEVINBRAND
10-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Devon is one of my good friends and I find that he's taking it too far

Asherdelampyr
10-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Good luck to him

I completely agree with this
there are some illnesses that make it so that you can't do some jobs, and nobody wants someone with hep to bleed on them, in pro wrestling that chance exists, so a decision had to be made.
Regardless, he has to prove that he was indeed fired specifically due to illness, and not due to "Licencing situations" since that is what WWE apparently claimed he was released for.
Also, how many lawsuits is this guy planning on filing? He hasn't even won his first yet, and he is already starting a new one? Sounds like getting in a fight with a guy your size, then halfway through picking on the biggest guy you can find. He has less than no chance to win this case, imo, and it is just gonna make him look bad in his other case.

Automatic
10-04-2011, 01:19 PM
I have a feeling WWE lawyers, I'm looking at you Otunga, with his cute bowtie, are going to butcher him.

Rich Cranium
10-04-2011, 01:28 PM
I have a feeling WWE lawyers, I'm looking at you Otunga, with his cute bowtie, are going to butcher him.

Does he have a license to practice?

Asherdelampyr
10-04-2011, 01:43 PM
I thought that he was practicing law before WWE hired him, though I could be mistaken.
if he does end up there, he should wear the bow tie

Automatic
10-04-2011, 01:44 PM

I have a suspicion that he has one.