PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see ROH improve on?

JUS10
10-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Im planning on writing a blog about how i would like to see ROH Improve in the next year or so but ive only seen the first EPisode so im trying to do more research before writing a blog ( i dont like to write about stuff i know nothing about)

but

i would like to hear from the IWC what they would like to see happen/ change in ROH this up coming year. So tell me what you think.

KJ PUNK
10-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Just the overall production of the show. (better cameras, better cameramen, better lighting, etc)

Robareid
10-03-2011, 12:49 PM
I would love ROH to get more exposure, maybe with SBG getting more channels, or getting ROH on in UK, on Dave or something like that.

jordan1995
10-03-2011, 03:02 PM
dont right a blog on something you have only seen an hour of.....but i think they need better lighting and better cameras.

Murphdogg4
10-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Being that they are balling on a budget I'd like to see them find a way to make the low production values cool, ECW did that, they knew they couldn't compete against the big two that way so they found a way to be creative and come up with unusual camera angles and the like. I'd also like to see a few power wrestlers added to the Roster. Besides that, over all though I'm pretty damn happy and think they are doing pretty damn well with what they have to work with.

Necroyeti
10-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Yeah, why would you write a blog on an almost decade old company you've only seen an hour of?

Anyway

They definitely need to improve the main event scene, which has been really quite awful since Tyler Black left - It seems like it has consisted solely of Davey, Eddie and Strong for a year now. I heard rumours they were gonna bring outside talent in to challenge for the title, which is a good thing. An Eddie heel turn looks imminent, which could be interesting. Steen, Generico, Elgin, Jacobs and Hero could all have great feuds for the title with Davey... and hopefully Benjamin will get a crack at some straight-to-dvd show down the line.

Ring of Honor may like to present itself as a competitve sport-like product and push the most technical guys accordingly, but there's a severe lack of fun characters and gimmicks in the company. They need more of these in the midcard to counterbalance the super-serious nature of the current main event and tag scenes. (Worst offender: Adam Cole is a super awesome heel in CZW, but seemingly has NO character in ROH)

Bring in some guys from NOAH again. Use that working relationship, baby! Would love to see a rematch of Edwards vs. Suzuki in an ROH ring, or say The Young Bucks vs. KENTA & Kanemaru for the GHC Jr Tag Titles. It's definitely something I'd mark for.

Speaking of working relationships: More PWG guys making appearances, please. Less OVW guys, thanks. Some Chikara/CZW folk like Eddie Kingston would also go down a treat, y'know. (Unless they're somehow tied to Sapolsky's feds) Also TNA?

More iPPVs please.

I think a lot of the longer 40+ minute matches should be cut down to a more manageable 20-30 mins. Lately it seems like some matches are only going long to give the fake impression that it's "epic". There's been quite a few matches as of late I feel could have been improved by being around 10 minute shorter, made a lot tighter and had less finisher-kickout spots. That 45 minute fatal four way tag elimination is probably the worst example in recent history.

Less plugs on the television show, for fuck's sake. And stop with the whole "we're real wrestling not sports entertainment durr hurr" shit, it only comes off as bush league tbh.

Bring back Jimmy Rave :)

For the love of God don't mess up the chronology with the TV tapings and the live shows this time

Subject Zero
10-03-2011, 03:57 PM
They need to market themselves better i dont think we get ROH in the UK or Europe and if they could land a TV deal over here it could get them some more money to improve on the production value of their show.

JUS10
10-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Most of you are not understanding ive watched ROH for a few years now, what my blog will be about is there TV product on Sinclair thats all. nothing else just the tv product.

HCollins-TNA1
10-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Was reading this thread the other day when it was posted.....
IMO
Not go over-board with matches on free TV, first 2 or 3 months or 4 or 5 episodes showcase the champions and talent....
Next expand, more the less for the owners to do add other TV markets and maybe even a National/World Wide Show on Cable TV...An extra hour a week on TV to showcase talent.....
More fancy entrance, add a video screen or something maybe ROH logo over top.....