PDA

View Full Version : Taken over by the heel champions

Jags
10-03-2011, 11:32 AM
We have an heel WWE champion.

We have an heel World Heavyweight champion.

We have an heel Intercontinental champion.

We have an heel US champion.

In my opinion these are the most relevant championships. The Tag Team Division has been getting better and I think Air Boom is allright, but the titles are made of bronze which makes the belts look irrelevant. The Divas Division has been irrelevant as a whole, no offense but it has so the title isn't relevant either.

So what do you think about this? Do you think one of the champions will lose their belt? If yes, which champion will lose it and to which superstar he/she will lose it? Or do you think this is part of a bigger storyline?

So please share your thoughts :-).

~Jags

Tomsta666
10-03-2011, 11:51 AM
You can't talk about heel champions, and dissmiss the divas as irrelavant!! The whole angle around Beth Phoenix and Natalya becoming the "divas of doom" or "pin-up strong" as they're now calling it. Leading on to Beth finally getting the title last nigh is probaly the most heel storyline of any relating to the titles... well behind Henrys moster heel thing anyway.

Amerinaine
10-03-2011, 11:54 AM
I wouldn't dismiss any titles that are being used in the WWE. Since they only have the six that get defended. But the fact that a good Wrestling Diva has the belt, maybe things will get more entertaining now. (I doubt it somehow, though.)

Blinker
10-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Henry will lose the WHC to Orton

I think the other titles: WWE, IC, US are going to be used as part of a storyline. I could see the tag team title added to the bigger storyline too. We've already seen Dolph and Cody "working" together. I could even seen Christian going for the WHC. When Vince comes back and he forms a major heel stable, he should have ALL of the titles. Convince Beth and Natty to join. I want a powerful stable. I want to see a war.

BlazersDozen
10-03-2011, 12:10 PM
I agree. I think its part of storyline since Beth won last night & Awesome Truth will end up winning the tag titles then BOW all heel champs & something will happen. I think its going to be pretty awesome if it is storyline.

Steve Austin
10-03-2011, 12:54 PM
If the Vince does come back and have a huge stable I can see it being sort of like Invasion and it will be against HHH's stable. I also think that both stables will try and convince CM Punk to join their stable (like The Rock during Invasion) and he will eventually join HHH's stable which will solidify him as a face (He still gets some boo's from the Cena fans)

IMO if this is done right it could be brilliant.

Subject Zero
10-03-2011, 01:01 PM
The two top faces are Orton and Cena. They have both had quite a few titles this year and i dont think many people want to see them have a run again.

And as for the Mid Card titles:-

Rhodes and Ziggler are two of the best right now and John Morrison is the only face deserves a mid card title at the minute but with the whole situation aint going to happen soon.

A good question to the OP would be which faces should be champions if he is against the heels.

Los Conquistador
10-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Could just lead to an overhaul of new face champions for survivor series

Jags
10-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Which face midcarder can replace one of the great heel midcard champions at the moment?

I think Dolph and Cody are bringing back prestige to both belts, but if I had to pick one to lose it first it would be Ziggler I think because of Cody got a shorter title reign and just brought back the classic IC title. On the other side a Booker vs. Rhodes feud was announced, but that will probably take the focus of the IC title if Rhodes still got it at that time.

But which midcard face is able to take the US/IC belt? I expect it to be Mason Ryan or Alex Riley, even though they're not my favorite choices I will give them a shot.

Rain Man
10-03-2011, 02:23 PM
You can't talk about heel champions, and dissmiss the divas as irrelavant!! The whole angle around Beth Phoenix and Natalya becoming the "divas of doom" or "pin-up strong" as they're now calling it. Leading on to Beth finally getting the title last nigh is probaly the most heel storyline of any relating to the titles... well behind Henrys moster heel thing anyway.
Nah dude, totally disagree because, well, nobody CARES anymore. Beth should have won in her hometown. She got beaten too many times, and also, when she finally won, it was only because of Natalya, are you kidding me?

CM_SUXX_NOT
10-03-2011, 02:41 PM
according to jags, 4 of wwe's champions are eels?

GR81
10-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Ziggler should have lost the US title months ago. He did the same thing with the IC title where he holds onto it way too long when he really doesn't need to. He needs to be elevated to the next level instead of holding a title that would be better off on somebody else.

Murphdogg4
10-03-2011, 02:42 PM
I love strong Heel champions. The more heat a heel has the more of a pop the babyface can get chasing the belt. It can also help create new stars. The NWO was so over back in the day DDP actually finally got over as a face just by giving the outsiders diamond cutters when they asked him to join.

Stinger187
10-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Nah dude, totally disagree because, well, nobody CARES anymore. Beth should have won in her hometown. She got beaten too many times, and also, when she finally won, it was only because of Natalya, are you kidding me?

You see that's how WWE let's bad guys win now because of the whole anti-bully thing. they want to make it look like bullies and bad guys only win by cheat so the kiddies think that. You know it's for the kids. then then good guys "come back" and win and get justice

jordan1995
10-03-2011, 03:05 PM
I think zack Ryder might be given the U.S title given the fact they've had him go over ziggler twice now.

Subject Zero
10-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Which face midcarder can replace one of the great heel midcard champions at the moment?

I think Dolph and Cody are bringing back prestige to both belts, but if I had to pick one to lose it first it would be Ziggler I think because of Cody got a shorter title reign and just brought back the classic IC title. On the other side a Booker vs. Rhodes feud was announced, but that will probably take the focus of the IC title if Rhodes still got it at that time.

But which midcard face is able to take the US/IC belt? I expect it to be Mason Ryan or Alex Riley, even though they're not my favorite choices I will give them a shot.

Alex Riley and Mason Ryan arent really ready for title reigns yet.

It would be nice for a face to be given a go but Cody has just won his and on Smackdown apart from Bryan alot of them need building up for titles or if you look at Sheamus should be going for the main belt.

With Dolph i thought they were doing a whole him and Zack Ryder angle which would give your face(or tweener) a title.

The only other 2 that spring three that spring to mind are Sin Cara(who needs more promos before a title run), Justin Gabriel who needs a feud and Evan Bourne who is the tag champ

Jags
10-03-2011, 03:16 PM
@Subject Zero

I think also Alex Riley and Mason Ryan are a bit to green for a championship run, but still I expect it to be them because of the place where they're at right now. I can see both these guys pin the US/IC champ clean, will I agree with that decision? Probably not, but I can see it happen and I will give those guys a shot if it happens.

Zack Ryder got a big fan base (also being in the Zack Pack myself), but it would be pretty weird to give him directly a huge push because of this. They are building him up bit by bit and I can see that, also the wins over Dolph Ziggler weren't clean 1 on 1 what a face should be doing.

As for Sin Cara, Justin Gabriel and Evan Bourne they are 3 great talents in the ring, but champions aren't picked by their in-ring ability only. Sin Cara does barely know English, Justin Gabriel is still in the lower midcard so anytime soon I don't see him get a run although he rises relatively quick and Evan Bourne is now active in the Tag Division, if it weren't for that Kofi Kingston would of been a legit contender for the US/IC title to.

Subject Zero
10-03-2011, 03:20 PM
so essentially exactly what i said about the 3 lol.

Zack Ryder is over though and i would give him the title so see what he can do with it. Maybe bring life back in to the Midcard titles.

AOF666
10-03-2011, 04:09 PM
We have an heel WWE champion.

We have an heel World Heavyweight champion.

We have an heel Intercontinental champion.

We have an heel US champion.

In my opinion these are the most relevant championships. The Tag Team Division has been getting better and I think Air Boom is allright, but the titles are made of bronze which makes the belts look irrelevant. The Divas Division has been irrelevant as a whole, no offense but it has so the title isn't relevant either.

So what do you think about this? Do you think one of the champions will lose their belt? If yes, which champion will lose it and to which superstar he/she will lose it? Or do you think this is part of a bigger storyline?

So please share your thoughts :-).

~Jags

I'm glad that the heels have the titles right now. It seems to me that WWE are stacking the odds against the heels. The heels have to fight the system while it favors the faces. Usually it is suppose to be the other way around. Usually the system suppose to favor the heels while the faces have to fight the system. It worked well with Austin. How many times he had to fight the odds or fight Vinny Mac's plans to try to take out Stone Cold. He would be very interesting if everything was handed to him on a silver plater...cough Cena cough!

zerosystem
10-03-2011, 04:11 PM
I don't care who the US/IC titles are on, as long as storylines are built around them. There have been no solid feuds over the titles, which is sad considering that there used to be angles over them all the time. It's almost as if the WWE is trying to make them irrelevant. Perhaps with what has been going on with Cody lately and the possible Ryder/Ziggler feud, that will change.

kashani1984
10-03-2011, 04:28 PM
what WWE need to do is keep the IC title on Rhodes, he is doing a great job, and really solidifying himself for a main event push in the near future. Dolph, i think is inbetween, I think is ready to drop the ic title and move on, but I can only see him jobbing to the stars and never quite making the wwe or WHC. Personally, when Punk left a MITB with the WWE title, they shouldnt have had a WWE title tournament, they should have had Dolph claim to be the only singles champ on RAW and pushed him that way, and the US title in the same respect. Maybe have a tournament for the number 1 contendership to the us title, then have cena win, then have Cena vs Dolph for the US title the next wee, and just as Cena is about to hit the AA, punk should have came out, this distracting cena, dolph hits the Zig Zag,1,2,3. Dolph beat the top dog, the us champ beat the former wwe champ, push dolph ziggler. But instead wwe done a lame 2 wwe titles that now 2 months later cena and punk have both lost to ADR.

The Hit Man
10-03-2011, 04:46 PM
I think eventually we'll see Swagger and Zigger fueding for the U.S. Title involving Vickie. I think this could be a great fued to not only help boost the prestige of the U.S. Title but allow Ziggler to turn face(tweener) and move on to bigger things! As with Rhodes, I hear rumours about programs with Orton and Booker. This can only help Rhodes but I would keep the belt on him for quite a while. Infact I'd like to see him hold the belt till Mania and put someone over then. Could be a great way to put DiBiase over. He fails to beat Cody at his first attempt (at NOC) goes away and works harder then when it comes to the big one he is able to beat Cody this time.

Y2J___Y2J
10-03-2011, 05:56 PM
It's always better to have the face as the guy chasing the belt and the underdog.