PDA

View Full Version : Why make cena a 12th time champion for 2 weeks?

Rocky Austin
10-03-2011, 06:40 AM
Motherfucker son of a bitch my grandma in g-string fuck the world i fart cena's face why did they make him a 12th time champion just to lose the goddamn title in 2 weeks? That's bullshit no wonder he will brake ric flair's 16 time world title fuuuuuuuuck

VanHooliganX
10-03-2011, 06:41 AM
Motherfucker son of a bitch my grandma in g-string fuck the world i fart cena's face why did they make him a 12th time champion just to lose the goddamn title in 2 weeks? That's bullshit no wonder he will brake ric flair's 16 time world title fuuuuuuuuck

Agreed. Apart from your grandmother being in a g-string.

Just makes the title look worse.

el gabo
10-03-2011, 07:00 AM

If he had won, you would have been pissed off too. What is your perfect solution to this problem (How would you have booked it?) I'm curious because I know many other are going to bitch that ADR won.

Rocky Austin
10-03-2011, 07:21 AM
i would've had alberto get DQ at Summerslam or something let him have a solid run not for just 35 days,while cena wins and gets the title for 2 weeks,then alberto wins it again and eventually will lose it to cena again... making cena a 12 time champion for 2 weeks is bullshit don't have him winning the title just for shits and giggles fucking creative

The_Awesome_One
10-03-2011, 08:04 AM
The best part is the WWE title hasnt been defended since Capital punishment

BlazersDozen
10-03-2011, 08:04 AM
I called this last week. They are going to bounce the title to all three guys evenly so they all look equal in this fued & nobody has the upper hand so I'm guessing Punk is the next champ.

Yano88
10-03-2011, 08:05 AM
To continue pushing Cena... That's why.

Maybe WWE has already decided to have him surpass Ric Flair record... who knows...

Judas
10-03-2011, 08:08 AM
Ok first let me say I can not stand Alberto... He annoys and pisses me off on some level to the point when he won the title I stopped watching and just kept up on what was going on through the website. I understand he is a heel and I am supposed to hate him... but it is more then that.

I would have had Punk win after Delrio locked Cena out...

Then have Cena and Rio fued with Punk moving on with the HHH/Nash story line, through Survivor Series.

ELNIOJR
10-03-2011, 08:22 AM
If he had won, you would have been pissed off too. What is your perfect solution to this problem (How would you have booked it?) I'm curious because I know many other are going to bitch that ADR won.

The Real problem is: He should NOT have won, at NOC in the first place. Let's face it, it was uncalled for. What was that? Just a record for Cena?

Yano88
10-03-2011, 08:34 AM
The Real problem is: He should NOT have won, at NOC in the first place. Let's face it, it was uncalled for. What was that? Just a record for Cena?

^^^^^This.

Sully
10-03-2011, 08:39 AM

Um...what?

I'm sick of people coming on here and bitching about who's champion and who's not. It's WWE! Anything can happen...it's a storyline. Cena won the title...then he lost it. Randy Orton lost the WWE championship in 20 minutes...then he won it back later that night! People have world titles for a matter of seconds, only for a MITB winner to come in and cash it in.

It's the WWE, and they can do whatever the hell the want with their company. Cena won the championship because he won the match...he was better then Del Rio...then he lost it because Del Rio cheated. It happens all the time, get over it.

The only difference was, the was a very small gap between the two PPVs.

CrowOfMurders
10-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Um...what?

I'm sick of people coming on here and bitching about who's champion and who's not. It's WWE! Anything can happen...it's a storyline. Cena won the title...then he lost it. Randy Orton lost the WWE championship in 20 minutes...then he won it back later that night! People have world titles for a matter of seconds, only for a MITB winner to come in and cash it in.

It's the WWE, and they can do whatever the hell the want with their company. Cena won the championship because he won the match...he was better then Del Rio...then he lost it because Del Rio cheated. It happens all the time, get over it.

The only difference was, the was a very small gap between the two PPVs.

Everyone has a right to complain,especially when they do this bullshit on payperviews that people actually pay for. Why the hell should a consumer continue watching the product,going to events,buying merchandise and buying goods and services from WWE sponsors if everything they do is to insult their fans and their "championships" have no value to them other than destroying one guys life time record and making another look invincible?

wrestlingfan66513
10-03-2011, 08:47 AM

Best post on here. I think he only won it back so they could say he held the WWE title a record number of times.

ELNIOJR
10-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Best post on here. I think he only won it back so they could say he held the WWE title a record number of times.

And that eventually, WOULD happen right?
But they wanted it now. It sucked big time...

Sully
10-03-2011, 08:51 AM
Everyone has a right to complain,especially when they do this bullshit on payperviews that people actually pay for. Why the hell should a consumer continue watching the product,going to events,buying merchandise and buying goods and services from WWE sponsors if everything they do is to insult their fans and their "championships" have no value to them other than destroying one guys life time record and making another look invincible?

John Cena is obviously the better wrestler...so when he is put in a match one on one with a newer, weaker superstar, he is obviously going to come out with the win. John Cena was the better man, and you're right people payed money to see that match...but those very same people were happy Cena won. This is more of a "Cena suxs and shouldn't be champion" thread, rather then what it's being disguised as.

I wouldn't say they're intentionally trying to break Ric Flair's record here and there, I'm guessing the title swaps are all just part of the storyline and were necessary in order to happen.

Why should Vince McMahon give a damn about Flair's records anyways? Flair left and went to a rival promotion, he is no longer respected in the eyes of the company. On the other side, Cena is the face of the company, and what other title for the face of the company then the "Most world title wins" record.

CrowOfMurders
10-03-2011, 09:52 AM
John Cena is obviously the better wrestler...so when he is put in a match one on one with a newer, weaker superstar, he is obviously going to come out with the win. John Cena was the better man, and you're right people payed money to see that match...but those very same people were happy Cena won. This is more of a "Cena suxs and shouldn't be champion" thread, rather then what it's being disguised as.

I wouldn't say they're intentionally trying to break Ric Flair's record here and there, I'm guessing the title swaps are all just part of the storyline and were necessary in order to happen.

Why should Vince McMahon give a damn about Flair's records anyways? Flair left and went to a rival promotion, he is no longer respected in the eyes of the company. On the other side, Cena is the face of the company, and what other title for the face of the company then the "Most world title wins" record.

I think there's enough Cena critics to disagree on "Cena's obviously the better wrestler" part of your argument But really, better how? Better moveset? Better in-ring psychology? Better at working the crowd? Del Rio's a seasoned veteran, and I really find his style refreshing in an industry where everyone's a carbon copy. so I don't think criticizing his ability to "wrestle" has any weight. Also,according to your philosophy the "weaker" wrestler would never win a championship,so therefore Orton will never beat Henry,and the only one capable of being Cena should be...Khali? I'm glad creative doesn't see their job as being so glib. "Who should win? Who's bigger and therefore better wrestler? Yea let him win,that's what people PAY to see." Pro wrestling/Sports Entertainment is,in the words of many top level WWE talent and people behind the scenes a "action soap opera" that connotates STORY driven action,not just "Cena is big and strong and has more fans cheering than Del Rio, he should beat him every time" holy shit,that sounds boring as hell. I'm glad the "weaker guy" wins sometimes it gives you awesome storylines and characters that don't hulk up at the end of every match and win.

This thread isn't about Cena marking or Cena bashing, it's to point out that,once Del Rio got the belt,it was safe to assume that he was receiving his main event push,Raw is DESPERATELY lacking a strong heel,and the assumption was that Del Rio was building the momentum to become just that.....and in 1 month,he LOSES the title to John Cena. End momentum, and no matter what happens now, the Cena 2 week title reign just cheapens the value of the title and makes Del Rio's 2nd title reign inconsequencial, really, WHO CARES?No matter how good Del Rio seems,one point less in the ratings,the belt's back to Cena,then maybe Punk,then Cena,then Miz,then Cena,then Mysterio,then Cena,so it's the John Cena championship,f**k the WWE.

WWE doesn't need to care about Flair's record, but the fact is, Flair's record is something that took him his whole career to achieve. He's done it in different territories all over the country and all over the world,feel sorry for what he's become now,but respect the man for what he's achieved. Cena's been the face of the WWE for a fraction of that,so him winning the title every week/month is F*CKING RIDICULOUS. He already has the longest title reigns,he doesn't need 15 title reigns this early in his career. If they hot potato the title to him 10 times when he's winding down and he retires with the most reigns, that's fantastic,he gave enough of himself to the WWE to deserve it,but NOW,it's just stupid and unbearable. He's already SuperCena who wins every match,he doesnt need to win the title in every match as well.

The biggest problem with the situation, is that it's so artificial and unnatural. Fans aren't totally behind him,no one considers him the best wrestler in the world,or even in the WWE. He's not the most charismatic, he doesn't give the fans everything he's got in every match. Every accolade and achievement Cena has is FORCED down our throats. Fans don't get the chance to like Cena,because WWE tells us,we MUST LOVE Cena,Never Give Up,HLR,fruity pebbles poopie pants,it's all so sacarine that it has a bad aftertaste and feels like it's gonna rot your teeth. The biggest superstars are the ones that evolved with their fans and the nature of the business,Cena sure is a fruity pebble,but in that little rocks never change,never evolve or get better.

Rich Cranium
10-03-2011, 09:57 AM
It's quite simple, the WWE are going to be touring Mexico I think next week unless I am mistaken so it only makes monetary sense to put the strap around the waist of ADR. So he probably will lose once they return.

daverende5
10-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Motherfucker son of a bitch my grandma in g-string fuck the world i fart Rocky Autin's face, because he is so stupid to post a damn spoiler!
It isn't a night ago, we have it later bitch!

Rich Cranium
10-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Motherfucker son of a bitch my grandma in g-string fuck the world i fart Rocky Autin's face, because he is so stupid to post a damn spoiler!

Did you drink too much coffee this morning?

Tommy Thunder
10-03-2011, 10:01 AM
While I think it's odds on that Cena will win a few more titles at least, I really hope he doesn't break Flair's record. He doesn't deserve that accolade, and it would be and insult to the business.

Rich Cranium
10-03-2011, 10:03 AM
While I think it's odds on that Cena will win a few more titles at least, I really hope he doesn't break Flair's record. He doesn't deserve that accolade, and it would be and insult to the business.

If we were back in the era when Flair won those titles, Cena might be a 2 time Intercontinental/US champ but not so much a World champ imo.

Tommy Thunder
10-03-2011, 10:12 AM
If we were back in the era when Flair won those titles, Cena might be a 2 time Intercontinental/US champ but not so much a World champ imo.

Very true. Sad how times have changed.

ELNIOJR
10-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Very true. Sad how times have changed.

Or maybe, people have changed :)

Wade Barrett 1979
10-03-2011, 10:23 AM

They can't even use that as an excuse, that was his 10th reign, he already had the record at 9!! HHH won it 8 times!!

No_1eddiefan
10-03-2011, 10:42 AM
I think it was so that the feud looked equal heading into Hell in a Cell, and there was a logical reason for all 3 men to be in that cell.

When Del Rio cashed in the title, both Punk & Cena were entitled to rematches. Cena had his at Night of Champions and won so that Del Rio was now entitled to a rematch- had Cena lost, he wouldn't have been entitled to a rematch (tell that to Christian)- allowing the triple threat HIAC match to be completely logical.

Not that WWE know anything about being logical.

The only other way for this to happen would be for Del Rio vs. Cena at NOC to have ended on a DQ/Countout/No Contest.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-03-2011, 10:51 AM
I think it was so that the feud looked equal heading into Hell in a Cell, and there was a logical reason for all 3 men to be in that cell.

When Del Rio cashed in the title, both Punk & Cena were entitled to rematches. Cena had his at Night of Champions and won so that Del Rio was now entitled to a rematch- had Cena lost, he wouldn't have been entitled to a rematch (tell that to Christian)- allowing the triple threat HIAC match to be completely logical.

Not that WWE know anything about being logical.

The only other way for this to happen would be for Del Rio vs. Cena at NOC to have ended on a DQ/Countout/No Contest.

I'm cynical too!! I stated on these forums, as soon as Punk was entered in to the match, it was for two reasons!! To give Del Rio the title for Mexico and secondly they could have Cena lose without him actually getting pinned!! Turned out I wasn't that cynical after all!!

SilverGhost
10-03-2011, 10:52 AM
I thought his record was 10?

But yeah....really close to 16.

My question is when Vinnie has achieved spitting the face of the busniess more, will he allow longer reigns instead of "how many" reigns?

Wade Barrett 1979
10-03-2011, 10:57 AM

My question is when Vinnie has achieved spitting the face of the busniess more, will he allow longer reigns instead of "how many" reigns?

His record is 10, I was just saying they didn't need to give him the title at NOC, to beat the record (as some have sugested) He already passed that with his 9th reign! So I just think it was a pointless reign!

THEKEVINBRAND
10-03-2011, 11:13 AM
According to reports, a memo was sent to WWE staffers this week listed the top 10 merchandise sellers, and John Cena has been replaced for the first time in several years as the number one seller. The new number one? CM Punk.

According to the memo, Punk is the number one merchandise selling WWE Superstar both on WWE Shop Zone and at the live events. The only time Cena was not number one was when The Rock returned to WWE Monday Night Raw, and his t-shirts sold a record number on ShopZone.

According to a key source in WWE, two of Punk’s shirts have already eclipsed the Rock’s one-day sales record. “Punk’s merchandise is hot,” our source told us, “no one has dethroned Cena in over 5 years, and Punk’s numbers are way above anything or anyone else.”

No_1eddiefan
10-03-2011, 11:14 AM

His WWE title record is 10. But add in the 2 WHC reigns he has and it's 12. Looking closer to 16 every minute ;)

Tommy Thunder
10-03-2011, 11:16 AM
According to reports, a memo was sent to WWE staffers this week listed the top 10 merchandise sellers, and John Cena has been replaced for the first time in several years as the number one seller. The new number one? CM Punk.

According to the memo, Punk is the number one merchandise selling WWE Superstar both on WWE Shop Zone and at the live events. The only time Cena was not number one was when The Rock returned to WWE Monday Night Raw, and his t-shirts sold a record number on ShopZone.

According to a key source in WWE, two of Punk’s shirts have already eclipsed the Rock’s one-day sales record. “Punk’s merchandise is hot,” our source told us, “no one has dethroned Cena in over 5 years, and Punk’s numbers are way above anything or anyone else.”

Interesting.
Shame WWE won't actually dethrone Cena as the no.1 guy though.

THEKEVINBRAND
10-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Interesting.
Shame WWE won't actually dethrone Cena as the no.1 guy though.

Because Walt McMahon or Vince Disney is too blind to see that reality has stricken and that Cena isn't the guy anymore

el gabo
10-03-2011, 11:24 AM

You are obviously limited to WWE. No one that has seen Dos Caras can ever say that Cena is a better wrestler. I don't think Cena is as crappy as people say but, ADR is extremely gifted in the ring. Remember that WWE has a style of wrestling that limits them.

Yano88
10-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Because Walt McMahon or Vince Disney is too blind to see that reality has stricken and that Cena isn't the guy anymore

You should first see the numbers and the money that Cena alone draws.

Then you can talk...

Blinker
10-03-2011, 11:26 AM

This makes me wonder why we don't recognize the length of the reigns instead of the times. The amount of time Flair held the 16 different titles total would EASILY eclipse Cena's potential 16 reigns. Honestly, let's just start holding the length of the reigns in prestige and not the number of times held.

THEKEVINBRAND
10-03-2011, 11:29 AM
You should first see the numbers and the money that Cena alone draws.

Then you can talk...

Didn't read my initial post on this page, Punk draws better than Cena now!

el gabo
10-03-2011, 11:30 AM

It;s hard to say that actually. Although Punk is on fire right now, I don't see him as the face of the company for the long run (hopefully I'm wrong.)
He's not as "kiddy oriented" as Cena who's also a PR's dream. I just don't see Punk doing nearly as much as Cena (outside the ring)

THEKEVINBRAND
10-03-2011, 11:34 AM
It;s hard to say that actually. Although Punk is on fire right now, I don't see him as the face of the company for the long run (hopefully I'm wrong.)
He's not as "kiddy oriented" as Cena who's also a PR's dream. I just don't see Punk doing nearly as much as Cena (outside the ring)

If Punk is the one on fire right now, they should take advantage of that momentum right now. Sure Punk doesn't do much PR but man he's over with the fans and that's what counts. If I were the booker, I would've booked Punk to win the title instead of Del Rio, but then again it all comes down to Vince

el gabo
10-03-2011, 11:45 AM
If Punk is the one on fire right now, they should take advantage of that momentum right now. Sure Punk doesn't do much PR but man he's over with the fans and that's what counts. If I were the booker, I would've booked Punk to win the title instead of Del Rio, but then again it all comes down to Vince

I think so too. But, I think ADR needs the push more than Punk because of the fact that many feel he hasn't been built up to become champ. Plus, I think it's good so that finally Cena can take a break from the title picture and have Punk & ADR feud at least for a while. As hot as Punk is selling merch, I still think by crowd reaction, Cena is still leagues ahead. I just hope ADR is able to do something with the title this time around. Would be good to have the good guys chase the bad guy for a while, just like when Miz was champ.

Edit: forgot to add that sadfully, it's always about the money.

THEKEVINBRAND
10-03-2011, 11:58 AM
I think so too. But, I think ADR needs the push more than Punk because of the fact that many feel he hasn't been built up to become champ. Plus, I think it's good so that finally Cena can take a break from the title picture and have Punk & ADR feud at least for a while. As hot as Punk is selling merch, I still think by crowd reaction, Cena is still leagues ahead. I just hope ADR is able to do something with the title this time around. Would be good to have the good guys chase the bad guy for a while, just like when Miz was champ.

Edit: forgot to add that sadfully, it's always about the money.

I do agree, but Punk gets major pops these days with barely any heat, Cena is always mixed now.
This video kinds proves it (yeah it was in Chicago, Punk's hometown but it shows that Punk gets loads of pops)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXwyLGEmrrQ&feature=related

Los Conquistador
10-03-2011, 01:40 PM
To keep it simple

It has the audience always second-guessing

Smarks don't like not knowing what to expect
And these title challenges knock em down a peg

I like not knowing what direction is next

Rain Man
10-03-2011, 02:09 PM
To keep it simple

It has the audience always second-guessing

Smarks don't like not knowing what to expect
And these title challenges knock em down a peg

I like not knowing what direction is next

^^ This. And also, come on guys. With 2 brands, it's much easier to get a hold of a championship compared to Flair's time. There is less "star density", so same guys main event much more than in previous decades. I see nothin wrong if Cena wins 16, hell, he should, i think. He was, for better or not, the top dog of this new double-branded era for almost 7 or so years. That's a lot of matches and opportunities. Also, more PPV's.

CM_SUXX_NOT
10-03-2011, 02:14 PM

If it's on in Holland tonight, why the fuck are you logging on to a wrestling site? What a dumb-ass!

dai_haz
10-03-2011, 03:35 PM
i think its good how the title keeps changing makes there all good main eventers rather than just cena and his opponents bouncing in and out,

while having the wwe title change alot makes it unpredictable how many of u thought cena was gona retain at hell in the cell??? if i hadnt heard they wanted adr on the belt when they go to mexico h=i wouldve thought the same to,

AOF666
10-03-2011, 04:04 PM
In my eyes, Cena will never surpass Flair's record. Winning a title in the same company doesn't count. Flair wrestled all over and won the World Title in many territories and other countries. To me it means more than winning the title a 100 times in the same company.

Y2J___Y2J
10-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Cena will undoubtedly surpass Flair in title numbers... It's a fact.. Not something I like but it's going to happen

URATOOL
10-03-2011, 05:23 PM
In my eyes, Cena will never surpass Flair's record. Winning a title in the same company doesn't count. Flair wrestled all over and won the World Title in many territories and other countries. To me it means more than winning the title a 100 times in the same company.

What's funny about your statement is, like it or not, The only real WORLD titles are WWE's two and possibly IMPACTS. The rest of the feds around the world aren't really worldwide. No TV channels in Holland or Brazil or Nigeria regularly show NJPW or RoH do they? My local neighbourhood has a wrestling fed and has a 'world' title. If hilarious. I doubt 99% of the wrestlers have ever gone more than 100 miles from home.

Rich Cranium
10-03-2011, 05:27 PM
What's funny about your statement is, like it or not, The only real WORLD titles are WWE's two and possibly IMPACTS. The rest of the feds around the world aren't really worldwide. No TV channels in Holland or Brazil or Nigeria regularly show NJPW or RoH do they? My local neighbourhood has a wrestling fed and has a 'world' title. If hilarious. I doubt 99% of the wrestlers have ever gone more than 100 miles from home.

To add, we have a pocketful of World Champions right here in the EWN EFeds!