PDA

View Full Version : That match is exactly why Henry shouldn't be world champ

Peter Kaymakcian
10-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Seriously Henry is so limited in his move set that it just limits every single match up he is in. That may have been the worst Hell in a Cell match I have ever seen. I'm not saying Orton is gold in the ring, but compared to Henry Orton is fricking Angle. Henry's promos are all pretty much the same and he is extremely limited in the ring. Can someone please explain all the hype around Henry to me?

Peter Kaymakcian
10-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Were you expecting a 5 star, technical wrestling match? lol

No, but I wasn't expecting shit either.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Its Mark Henry we are talking about. I'd expected shit. ;)

LOL'd not gonna lie. Yeah, but matches like these is why it baffles me that WWE is pushing this guy. It's not like he is Cena who can cut a promo.

S.E. Zero
10-02-2011, 09:23 PM
LOL'd not gonna lie. Yeah, but matches like these is why it baffles me that WWE is pushing this guy. It's not like he is Cena who can cut a promo.

Its the fact he's been in the biz so long and never won it much like Christian before him.

I get it, theyve worked hard, etc. but there was indeed a reason why they were never given the top title before and in Henry's case is clear as day he is and will continue to be a shitty champion.

thetheme
10-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Interesting... How many times have you seen guys like Mark Henry, Big Show, Khali, Earthquake, Yokozuna, King Kong Bundy, Andre the Giant actually do any technical wrestling? Well guess what? This may surprise you, but THEY AREN'T SUPPOSED TO! THEY ARE MONSTERS, that's what they are supposed to be. Monsters are supposed to be booked that way, no more, no less.

The funniest part about this is that it's people that say this believe that the miz is good in the ring, when in reality he should get his ass destroyed by just about anyone. Monsters are supposed to be just that, monsters. It's when they are doing kiss cams, being beat my people like miz, and trying to play gentle giants is what's ridiculous. In fact, when they do those stupid things it loses credibility so well as part of the show that people stop believing that they were dominant in the first place, so they do their jobs well both ways.

It is what it is.

Tommy Thunder
10-02-2011, 09:44 PM
The match was everything I expected really. So I wasn't disappointed.

TheRockerGother
I actually enjoyed it.I'm happy Orton isn't champion for the moment right now as soon as he came to SD he was champ I don't find that fair at all for other talent and anyways Henry has been loyal to WWE he deserves it.

capn-edu
I dont like him either
but what you are saying is orton champion again an
1 month title reigns ftw?

VanHooliganX
Just try to enjoy the fact Orton is putting someone over. Kind of turned into Orton being Orton at the end but overall a meh match. Glad Henry won. Orton shouldn't be a 10 time champion already.
Weekly title reigns piss me off. I'm looking at you Cena and Christian :(

Peter Kaymakcian
10-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Interesting... How many times have you seen guys like Mark Henry, Big Show, Khali, Earthquake, Yokozuna, King Kong Bundy, Andre the Giant actually do any technical wrestling? Well guess what? This may surprise you, but THEY AREN'T SUPPOSED TO! THEY ARE MONSTERS, that's what they are supposed to be. Monsters are supposed to be booked that way, no more, no less.

The funniest part about this is that it's people that say this believe that the miz is good in the ring, when in reality he should get his ass destroyed by just about anyone. Monsters are supposed to be just that, monsters. It's when they are doing kiss cams, being beat my people like miz, and trying to play gentle giants is what's ridiculous. In fact, when they do those stupid things it loses credibility so well as part of the show that people stop believing that they were dominant in the first place, so they do their jobs well both ways.

It is what it is.

1.) Kane and Undertaker are just two of the many big guys who also added some athleticism to their move set as to not make their matches boring stale and unbearable. Guys like Henry, Show, and Khali have never done this which is why I always hated when WWE would try and run with them.

2.) Yokozuna knew how to wrestle though and was a lot more believable in the ring then Henry. Comparing Henry to Yoko is like comparing Orton to Angle.

3.) I know they aren't supposed to be technical wrestlers, but they aren't supposed to do three moves throughout the entire match either. I think Henry used a total of six moves in that match.

4.) Did anyone even mention Miz in here? Hate the Miz to because he sucks in the ring as well.

5.) Monsters getting beat doesn't ruin their credibility if it's a competitive match. But putting the title on someone who can't go on the mic or in the ring does ruin the credibility of the world title.

Bret Owen Smith
10-02-2011, 09:53 PM
"Interesting... How many times have you seen guys like Mark Henry, Big Show, Khali, Earthquake, Yokozuna, King Kong Bundy, Andre the Giant actually do any technical wrestling? Well guess what? This may surprise you, but THEY AREN'T SUPPOSED TO! THEY ARE MONSTERS, that's what they are supposed to be. Monsters are supposed to be booked that way, no more, no less. "

^^^this. I enjoyed the match for what it was. But what the hell was up with him running from Orton at the end? That was the exact opposite of what his character is supposed to be.

ihearvoices
10-02-2011, 09:57 PM
1.) Kane and Undertaker are just two of the many big guys who also added some athleticism to their move set as to not make their matches boring stale and unbearable. Guys like Henry, Show, and Khali have never done this which is why I always hated when WWE would try and run with them.

2.) Yokozuna knew how to wrestle though and was a lot more believable in the ring then Henry. Comparing Henry to Yoko is like comparing Orton to Angle.

3.) I know they aren't supposed to be technical wrestlers, but they aren't supposed to do three moves throughout the entire match either. I think Henry used a total of six moves in that match.

4.) Did anyone even mention Miz in here? Hate the Miz to because he sucks in the ring as well.

5.) Monsters getting beat doesn't ruin their credibility if it's a competitive match. But putting the title on someone who can't go on the mic or in the ring does ruin the credibility of the world title.

1. Kane & Undertaker are not 400 Pounds they are actually near 300 at best. Thats why they can move unlike Big Show & Mark Henry.

2. Yokozuna? really? Im going to leave you to believe that

3. Its called telling a story he was telling a story in the match you dont have to do a million moves to tell a story. Its all about what you do and how you do it. IMO he told a good story in that match and did his job.

ihearvoices
10-02-2011, 09:58 PM

It is what it is.

I wish i could frame everything you just said and put it up in my house because you my friend have made more sense then 80% of the people on this Website. Most people want to bad talk big guys so fast without actually thinking why they do the things they do or dont do.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-02-2011, 09:59 PM
1. Kane & Undertaker are not 400 Pounds they are actually near 300 at best. Thats why they can move unlike Big Show & Mark Henry.

3. Its called telling a story he was telling a story in the match you dont have to do a million moves to tell a story. Its all about what you do and how you do it. IMO he told a good story in that match and did his job.

1.) Fair enough

2.) We'll have to agree to disagree as I did like Yoko.

3.) You don't have to do a million moves, but six moves is just ridiculous. Okay when you don't even reach double digits for an entire match that is pathetic. That is beyond a limited moveset.

SESAfro
10-02-2011, 10:01 PM

Voices took the words right out of my mouth. I honestly felt emotion throughout that match to the point where I didn't know who was going to win. My heart was pounding, and was releaved that Henry one. If the match did that then they both did their job.

AreYaSerious
10-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Don't expect a great match! WWE always let's you down.

ihearvoices
10-02-2011, 10:15 PM
1.) Fair enough

2.) We'll have to agree to disagree as I did like Yoko.

3.) You don't have to do a million moves, but six moves is just ridiculous. Okay when you don't even reach double digits for an entire match that is pathetic. That is beyond a limited moveset.

Again who are you comparing Mark Henry to if you compare him to guys his size you will find that most guys would not be able to do half the stuff he does or be able to atleast talk good on the mic. Also Mark Henry does a plenty of moves in other matches it was just that this match that was no the role or story he had to play.

ihearvoices
10-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Voices took the words right out of my mouth. I honestly felt emotion throughout that match to the point where I didn't know who was going to win. My heart was pounding, and was releaved that Henry one. If the match did that then they both did their job.

I felt the same way i think that was a good match as far as who was apart of it i wont compare their match to anyone elses because different wrestling styles.

BIGZrudypoo812
10-02-2011, 10:16 PM
how can you say that Mark Henry dose not deserve the title because he cant cut promos when more than half the guys on the roster cant cut promos especially Orton. there are only a hand full of guys that are actually good Promo guys in WWE today

IrkenInvader
10-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Its like the Final Boss in a fighting game. Is the guy good? No hes a fucking tank. Sometimes he even comes equipped with a damn canon.

thetheme
10-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Its like the Final Boss in a fighting game. Is the guy good? No hes a fucking tank. Sometimes he even comes equipped with a damn canon.

LOL... Brilliant.

Russo swerve
10-02-2011, 11:36 PM
Lol its funny because if my boy orton would have won alot of u ppl would still be bitchin

Peter Kaymakcian
10-02-2011, 11:40 PM
So everyone's reasoning for Henry being champion is that he's been in WWE for a while, well other guys suck to, and he's a big guy so he should wrestle like that. So I'll guess I'll do this with numbers.

1.) When guys like Roddy Piper, Mr. Perfect, and Owen Hart, just to name a few, never won the WWE title then this rule should be null and void. I don't care how long you have been in the 'E. Just because you've been there for a while shouldn't guarantee you a charity run with the title.

2.) Okay so just because other guys suck that means its okay to suck? No there's no excuse for Henry because just because guys like Khali are terrible and won the title doesn't mean he should win the title as well. Also for the people throwing in the Big Show he never was a one trick pony like Henry. Show has been able to do a variety of moves before his age started to catch up with him so stop throwing the Henry and Show comparisons.

3.) Big Show is a perfect example of huge guy who was able to do other moves even though he was a monster. I remember when he was ECW Champion he was using a Cobra Clutch, then transformed the Cobra Clutch into a cobra clutch throw or swing, he was using powerbombs, chops, punches, splashes, headbutts, bear hugs, leg drops, and many other moves. So don't give me that well Henry can only use a certain number of moves as a monster heel. No, just no. There are a variety of power moves and for Henry to use the same six moves in a match is pathetic. Its so pathetic he should be stripped of the title because he clearly doesn't deserve it on that fact alone.

4.) Bonus kill shot: Well other people aren't good on the mic as well. Goes right back to number two. Just because others aren't good on the mic doesn't mean Henry has to be bad on the mic. As for people saying Orton is terrible, well he might not be the greatest, but at least he is a versatile. Henry just says the same thing week after week to the point of if I skip a Henry promo I already know what was said.

SilverGhost
10-02-2011, 11:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2oSokwU3KU&feature=related

Listen, they built Henry as a monster. Get over it.

zapphoman
10-02-2011, 11:58 PM
Lol its funny because if my boy orton would have won alot of u ppl would still be bitchin

I would! I'm not the biggest fan of Mark Henry but to be honest I would rather see him have a long ass title run than Randy ever touching that title again.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-03-2011, 12:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2oSokwU3KU&feature=related

Listen, they built Henry as a monster. Get over it.

I wouldn't be mad if Henry actually had talent, but he doesn't. When there guys in FCW who are better then Henry and can't get to the main roster because of guys like Henry talking a roster spot fans should be mad. When guys like Luke Gallows gets cut, but guys like Henry get to stay fans should be mad.

SilverGhost
10-03-2011, 12:06 AM
I wouldn't be mad if Henry actually had talent, but he doesn't. When there guys in FCW who are better then Henry and can't get to the main roster because of guys like Henry talking a roster spot fans should be mad. When guys like Luke Gallows gets cut, but guys like Henry get to stay fans should be mad.

Its Vinnieland. It goes as he says. He doesn't care about that.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-03-2011, 12:12 AM
Its Vinnieland. It goes as he says. He doesn't care about that.

But he does care what the fans say.

wrestlingfan66513
10-03-2011, 12:34 AM
i can't believe he went from this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZytTHFt1vho

to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-4_xin9cW0

SESAfro
10-03-2011, 12:35 AM
Luke Gallows? Really? I rather watch a Mark Henry match before a Luke Gallows match. He has played the monster heel part very well, the best I can remember in the past few years.

thetheme
10-03-2011, 12:37 AM
So everyone's reasoning for Henry being champion is that he's been in WWE for a while, well other guys suck to, and he's a big guy so he should wrestle like that. So I'll guess I'll do this with numbers.

1.) When guys like Roddy Piper, Mr. Perfect, and Owen Hart, just to name a few, never won the WWE title then this rule should be null and void. I don't care how long you have been in the 'E. Just because you've been there for a while shouldn't guarantee you a charity run with the title.

2.) Okay so just because other guys suck that means its okay to suck? No there's no excuse for Henry because just because guys like Khali are terrible and won the title doesn't mean he should win the title as well. Also for the people throwing in the Big Show he never was a one trick pony like Henry. Show has been able to do a variety of moves before his age started to catch up with him so stop throwing the Henry and Show comparisons.

3.) Big Show is a perfect example of huge guy who was able to do other moves even though he was a monster. I remember when he was ECW Champion he was using a Cobra Clutch, then transformed the Cobra Clutch into a cobra clutch throw or swing, he was using powerbombs, chops, punches, splashes, headbutts, bear hugs, leg drops, and many other moves. So don't give me that well Henry can only use a certain number of moves as a monster heel. No, just no. There are a variety of power moves and for Henry to use the same six moves in a match is pathetic. Its so pathetic he should be stripped of the title because he clearly doesn't deserve it on that fact alone.

4.) Bonus kill shot: Well other people aren't good on the mic as well. Goes right back to number two. Just because others aren't good on the mic doesn't mean Henry has to be bad on the mic. As for people saying Orton is terrible, well he might not be the greatest, but at least he is a versatile. Henry just says the same thing week after week to the point of if I skip a Henry promo I already know what was said.

1.) Charity title run? What the hell is the miz winning the title for? People say he worked hard and he improved when it's clear he suck. What about other guys that have great ring skill but don't get noticed for it because of their "mic skills"? The ones with natural great talent are not appreciated by many fans out there. Piper, Perfect, and Owen didn't win the title because of the times, simple as that. However the miz won the title. Does that mean that he is better than those people? Did miz DESERVE the title compared to those others? I use miz as a example because his skills are limited, but he is less believable than Henry winning matches IMO.

2.) It's not just the big guys that are terrible. Not everyone pull off a great match every time. Sin Cara has a move set for his size, so does Daniel Bryan, Rey, Kofi, Evan, Morrison. Those are examples. Are they better than Henry ring wise? Yes. Would it be believable if one of them takes him down while Henry is the way he is? NO!

3.) So you think that Mark Henry can't do certain things? It's not that he can't, he WON'T, doesn't have to, and he SHOULDN'T! His moniker is the world strongest man. In a comparison to the Big Show, if Mark Henry did some of those moves you mentioned it would be OVER! People shouldn't be getting up and it would throw the whole believable thing so off track.

4.) The mic skill thing really depends. If everyone could really say what they wanted some interviews would be very very different. Some are anooying on the mic, some aren't natural, and some aren't believable depending on the situation (miz being awesome). R Truth is better as a heel on the mic, so was Orton, and so is Henry. How is Big Show on the mic? Khali? Most big guys don't talk on the mic. Look at Takers' Interviews. Can you say that most of them were the same excluding the American Bad Ass phase? How was Austin when he was a Hollywood Blond? Rocky Mavia? Shawn Michaels when he was one of the Rockers? Bret Hart wasn't all that great on the mic either as a face, so it depends on the person and the fans.

SaberToothTigerz
10-03-2011, 07:36 AM
so ur complaining about mark henry not delivering what exactly?
mark gave his usual best to the cell i expected no more nor less mark is actually playing a new persona of a massive heel that we havent seen in a long long time in the wwe and im personally digging it, if u dont like it then skip it.

el gabo
10-03-2011, 07:43 AM
He has taken out Show, Kane, and Sheamus (almost) with that limited move set. Give the guy a chance. If he had lost, he would have been a 2 week champion and you know how people go batshit crazy over this these days.

Yano88
10-03-2011, 08:09 AM
Please WWE, if you're reading this,

cease the Orton/Hnery feud. Let's have Sheamus step up now.

Next PPV Sheamus vs Henry----> Sheamus wins and feuds with Christian = Perfection

Let's remove Orton from the title picture for a while OR at least let's add some new names to it

ELNIOJR
10-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Hi, this is the WWE under the name ELNIOJR.
And yes, we just read this.

Yano88
10-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Hi, this is the WWE under the name ELNIOJR.
And yes, we just read this.

Thank you!

Please do something about it.

And say hello to Mr McMahon from me lol

Judas
10-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Totally agree I think both Orton and Cena need to be removed from the title picture for a year or so....

Really think they need to go down to this World Heavy Weight Title, Intercontinental Title, Tag Titles, and Divas Title (need time to get popcorn)

Why can't we have any REAL feuds unless the title is involved????

ELNIOJR
10-03-2011, 08:26 AM
Thank you!

Please do something about it.

And say hello to Mr McMahon from me lol

I'll be honest with you, fan.
We dont care for the Internet...

Yano88
10-03-2011, 08:31 AM
I'll be honest with you, fan.
We dont care for the Internet...

Then why do you register and post on it?? XD

Jokes aside... I think that WWE gives a little credit on what the fan thinks...

To answer Judas: Maybe a year it's too much but let's face it: Orton is been in the main event scene since the last draft! It's time for him to either leave OR at least make space for someone else!

Sheamus can carry Smackdown as Champion and so does Christian.

Give those guys a chance... (and don't tell me that Christian had it already because he had 2 title reigns that were absolutely crap!)

ELNIOJR
10-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Then why do you register and post on it?? XD

Jokes aside... I think that WWE gives a little credit on what the fan thinks...

To answer Judas: Maybe a year it's too much but let's face it: Orton is been in the main event scene since the last draft! It's time for him to either leave OR at least make space for someone else!

Sheamus can carry Smackdown as Champion and so does Christian.
Give those guys a chance... (and don't tell me that Christian had it already because he had 2 title reigns that were absolutely crap!)

Their match last night proved it. Especially on Christian's part. Im still convinced that turn him heel was a bad move, although he's doing fine. Which is why later they had to turn Sheamus babyface. Good Job...

Sully
10-03-2011, 09:03 AM
He's a veteran who has been working his ass off in WWE for a very long time, he deserves the main event push he's getting. Yes with his size he is somewhat limited, but isn't everyone that big? He has a unique style to him, and he's one of the best choices right now on Smackdown.

Yano88
10-03-2011, 09:09 AM
He's a veteran who has been working his ass off in WWE for a very long time, he deserves the main event push he's getting. Yes with his size he is somewhat limited, but isn't everyone that big? He has a unique style to him, and he's one of the best choices right now on Smackdown.

There are better choices then Mark... He had a Word Championship reign... He defeated Orton 2 times and both times it was pretty clean.

Let Henry have the title until Survivor Series. Then it's Sheamus time... and even afterwards Henry would have his rematch (I think Christian will be working the conspiracy storyline alongside Otunga and the others so I dont know if they'll hand him the championship... even though a stable with Christian as champ,Ziggler, Rhodes, adn Vickie would be gold)

I just hope that Orton does not get another free chance at the title. He had his rematch and lost... now get lost Orton...

Sully
10-03-2011, 10:54 AM
There are better choices then Mark... He had a Word Championship reign... He defeated Orton 2 times and both times it was pretty clean.

Let Henry have the title until Survivor Series. Then it's Sheamus time... and even afterwards Henry would have his rematch (I think Christian will be working the conspiracy storyline alongside Otunga and the others so I dont know if they'll hand him the championship... even though a stable with Christian as champ,Ziggler, Rhodes, adn Vickie would be gold)

I just hope that Orton does not get another free chance at the title. He had his rematch and lost... now get lost Orton...

Yes I agree, Sheamus is a much better choice then Henry, but right now Henry deserves at least some sort of reign, and then he can go back to being a Kane.

BlazersDozen
10-03-2011, 12:05 PM
This is fuckin stupid. When this storyline FIRST started is when people wanted Henry champ just because of the dues he's paid BUT NOW he has prtraited the best Monster gimmick that's been in the WWE for a VERY long time. Name me a monster that's better than Henry & you'll see how long it's been. Also, Henry has gotten a hell of a lot better which shows he's working even HARDER right now.

Another thing that pisses me off is there is more than one style of wrestling. It isn't just technical wrestling but for some reason technical wrestling is the end all. D-Bryan, great technical wrestler...not so good with the strikes. Stop being ignorant people. Just because someone isn't a technical wrestler & likes to put people in 2 minute submissions does not mean they suck. Actually, at time, technical matches are the most boring too me.

Also, Mark Henry cuts good solo promos. He just sucks when it comes to doing promos with other guys & working off of the other person but I've been impressed with his solo work on the mic. A lot better than it's ever been. But this shouldn't be a problem when people would get wet for Daniel Bryan as WHC when he cuts worse promos, just because he can do some technical shit. Guess what, it doesn't really matter because if he has no charisma on the mic, then how the hell is he supposed to build a main event level storyline enough for you to even give a crap about his match that he's doing technical shit in?

Again...stop being ignorant!

Yano88
10-03-2011, 12:43 PM
This is fuckin stupid. When this storyline FIRST started is when people wanted Henry champ just because of the dues he's paid BUT NOW he has prtraited the best Monster gimmick that's been in the WWE for a VERY long time. Name me a monster that's better than Henry & you'll see how long it's been. Also, Henry has gotten a hell of a lot better which shows he's working even HARDER right now.

Another thing that pisses me off is there is more than one style of wrestling. It isn't just technical wrestling but for some reason technical wrestling is the end all. D-Bryan, great technical wrestler...not so good with the strikes. Stop being ignorant people. Just because someone isn't a technical wrestler & likes to put people in 2 minute submissions does not mean they suck. Actually, at time, technical matches are the most boring too me.

Also, Mark Henry cuts good solo promos. He just sucks when it comes to doing promos with other guys & working off of the other person but I've been impressed with his solo work on the mic. A lot better than it's ever been. But this shouldn't be a problem when people would get wet for Daniel Bryan as WHC when he cuts worse promos, just because he can do some technical shit. Guess what, it doesn't really matter because if he has no charisma on the mic, then how the hell is he supposed to build a main event level storyline enough for you to even give a crap about his match that he's doing technical shit in?

You should also stop being offensive.

Wrestling is a personal and a Subjective thing.

You like Mark Henry? cool I dont

I find him boring slow, his matches are the worst and I dont want to talk about his slow, king kongesque promos.

Back with Christian, Orton had some of the best matches of his career.

His match with Henry on the other hand are bad to me.

Since I dont like Henry that doesn't make me ignorant.

It's just a personal thought.

If you come to me and say that you like Henry I dont tell you "Stop being an ignorant" so stop being an assxxxx!

To me, if a veteran deserved a major title shot I would have picked Regal over Henry every day of the week!

Subject Zero
10-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Someone needed to hold on to one of the main titles atleast. I think we are at Title change number 14(WWE and WHC) since Wrestlemania.

Mark Henry needs to hold onto this title for atleast another one or two PPVs. But i cant see him defending at Mania.

68wPayne
10-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Henry having the belt gives way to the classic David vs. Goliath storyline with Daniel Bryan cashing in on Mark Henry and ending Henry's path of destruction. Or at least building that up, then having Wade Barrett win the Rumble then booya, triple threat match at Mania

Sully
10-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Wrestling is a personal and a Subjective thing.!

No, it's just that wresting fans like to act like women all the time about everything that happens in the show, and yet no matter what happens they're never happy.

Blazers raised all the points I was incapable of raising myself, and I agree with each and every one of them.

GR81
10-03-2011, 02:33 PM
I've never been a fan of Henry. They do a great job of putting over every little move he does and making him look invincible but they're just going to bury him again once he (finally) loses the title so it will all be for not.

Murphdogg4
10-03-2011, 02:36 PM
interesting... How many times have you seen guys like mark henry, big show, khali, earthquake, yokozuna, king kong bundy, andre the giant actually do any technical wrestling? Well guess what? This may surprise you, but they aren't supposed to! They are monsters, that's what they are supposed to be. Monsters are supposed to be booked that way, no more, no less.

It is what it is.

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Murphdogg4
10-03-2011, 02:38 PM
If Andre would of been around in the days of the internet he would of been seriously hated on. Wrestling is supposed to be a three ring circus, and what decent circus doesn't have a strong man? A circus would suck if it was all acrobats.

Iron Ape
10-03-2011, 02:42 PM
No, it's just that wresting fans like to act like women all the time about everything that happens in the show, and yet no matter what happens they're never happy.
Um, we have some quality females who post here, and they probably wouldn't appreciate having their gender used as a pejorative. So, yeah, kill it with the sexist remarks.

Murphdogg4
10-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Um, we have some quality females who post here, and they probably wouldn't appreciate having their gender used as a pejorative. So, yeah, kill it with the sexist remarks.

yeah being sexist towards women does have the tendancy to make them not happy, which is maybe why that guy thinks they are never pleased with anything.

Yano88
10-03-2011, 03:11 PM
I've never said that puttin the title on Henry was a bad move.

He deserved it... Let him survive a little bit... but no more.

Giant monsters as Kane, Big Show and others are WAY better then HEnry.

Not to mention Sheamus and Christian right now...

I ask only for 2 things:

1 Orton out of the main event scene

2 An ending to Henry reing that comes soon. He had his run... he had his prize... let's move on forward (And push Regal for the title too!)

Murphdogg4
10-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Regal is def more deserving then almost anybody to get a run as champ.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-03-2011, 03:18 PM
1.) Charity title run? What the hell is the miz winning the title for? People say he worked hard and he improved when it's clear he suck. What about other guys that have great ring skill but don't get noticed for it because of their "mic skills"? The ones with natural great talent are not appreciated by many fans out there. Piper, Perfect, and Owen didn't win the title because of the times, simple as that. However the miz won the title. Does that mean that he is better than those people? Did miz DESERVE the title compared to those others? I use miz as a example because his skills are limited, but he is less believable than Henry winning matches IMO.

2.) It's not just the big guys that are terrible. Not everyone pull off a great match every time. Sin Cara has a move set for his size, so does Daniel Bryan, Rey, Kofi, Evan, Morrison. Those are examples. Are they better than Henry ring wise? Yes. Would it be believable if one of them takes him down while Henry is the way he is? NO!

3.) So you think that Mark Henry can't do certain things? It's not that he can't, he WON'T, doesn't have to, and he SHOULDN'T! His moniker is the world strongest man. In a comparison to the Big Show, if Mark Henry did some of those moves you mentioned it would be OVER! People shouldn't be getting up and it would throw the whole believable thing so off track.

4.) The mic skill thing really depends. If everyone could really say what they wanted some interviews would be very very different. Some are anooying on the mic, some aren't natural, and some aren't believable depending on the situation (miz being awesome). R Truth is better as a heel on the mic, so was Orton, and so is Henry. How is Big Show on the mic? Khali? Most big guys don't talk on the mic. Look at Takers' Interviews. Can you say that most of them were the same excluding the American Bad Ass phase? How was Austin when he was a Hollywood Blond? Rocky Mavia? Shawn Michaels when he was one of the Rockers? Bret Hart wasn't all that great on the mic either as a face, so it depends on the person and the fans.

1.) You keep throwing out the Miz like its supposed to prove your point right, but it doesn't. This thread isn't about the Miz, Cena, Orton, Cara, or anyone, but Henry. My issue is that Henry is extremely overrated and the only reason he has the title is because he's been in the 'E for so long. If Henry hadn't been in the 'E since the '90s he would've never been World champ.

2.) I understand that he's using moves to his weight class, but last time I checked there weren't only six moves in a super heavyweight class. As for using guys like Bryan, Sin Cara, and Morrison as an example well I am sorry, but that was an extreme fail because at least they have a wide variety of moves. In fact when given more then five minutes to compete I've seen these guys use different moves. Morrison in non-normal matches has used moves that I was like okay this was good. Henry no matter what match he is in always does the exact same moves. That is not the recipe for a good match.

3.) So because of Henry's gimmick he is limited to six moves? No Henry just only does those six moves. Henry could've powerbombed Orton into the Cell last night. Henry could've done a gorilla press slam last night. Henry could've done a lot of power moves to make the match realistic. Henry doing the same six moves makes me think either Orton is mentally impaired for not being able to counter or that Henry was written to win. Neither of which gets me into the match.

4.) Henry has had a wide variety of gimmicks none of which give me that "IT" factor promo. As for big guys on the mic Kane, Taker, Big Show, Kevin Nash, Psycho Sid, and a few others were good on the mic. So don't give me that whole big guys aren't good on the mic spiel because if you have "IT" you have it. Also channeling you character is very good for promos which Henry doesn't do in my honest opinion. Kane when facing MVP in an Inferno Match gave a beautiful promo where all he said was, "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire." It was christmas time, referenced the match, wasn't a long over drawn monologue, and emphasized his monster character.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-03-2011, 03:20 PM
As for everyone saying wrestling fans shouldn't complain or that people would complain either way what does it matter? As a consumer in this wrestling industry I have a right to say when the product sucks or not. People forget that without the fans this industry goes away and if we want to see something happen we have to let our voices be heard.

Necroyeti
10-03-2011, 03:21 PM

+1

Definitely a lot of people ITT that are absolutely clueless about matches that aren't just FLIPZ 'N MOVEZ~. The psychology in that match was spot on, it told a terrific in-ring story, both guys worked pretty damn stiff and there were a ton of great spots. Henry is a smart worker who plays off his strengths, namely, his impressive strength. While he'll probably never have a 4-5 star match, he's obviously been trying very hard lately and has proven he can actually work a great match with people.

Compare that match to Cara vs. Cara, another deeply personal rivalry that took place on the same card - in what should have been a hard-hitting match with both men hitting some brutal stuff on each other, there was just absolutely no fire there whatsoever. A bunch of awkward flips and botched dive highspots that had even Booker T on commentary wondering why the hell they weren't just knocking the shit out of each other. Sure, those guys wrestle a lucha style, but even by those standards it was an awful, awful match. (not that I was expecting Atlantis vs. Villano III on a WWE undercard, mind you)

But yeah, if you think Mark Henry shouldn't be holding a world title because he doesn't work superfast or do a ton of moves... I think you need to stop playing Smackdown vs. Raw and smarten up to the actual business some more.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-03-2011, 03:32 PM
+1

Definitely a lot of people ITT that are absolutely clueless about matches that aren't just FLIPZ 'N MOVEZ~. The psychology in that match was spot on, it told a terrific in-ring story, both guys worked pretty damn stiff and there were a ton of great spots. Henry is a smart worker who plays off his strengths, namely, his impressive strength. While he'll probably never have a 4-5 star match, he's obviously been trying very hard lately and has proven he can actually work a great match with people.

Compare that match to Cara vs. Cara, another deeply personal rivalry that took place on the same card - in what should have been a hard-hitting match with both men hitting some brutal stuff on each other, there was just absolutely no fire there whatsoever. A bunch of awkward flips and botched dive highspots that had even Booker T on commentary wondering why the hell they weren't just knocking the shit out of each other. Sure, those guys wrestle a lucha style, but even by those standards it was an awful, awful match. (not that I was expecting Atlantis vs. Villano III on a WWE undercard, mind you)

But yeah, if you think Mark Henry shouldn't be holding a world title because he doesn't work superfast or do a ton of moves... I think you need to stop playing Smackdown vs. Raw and smarten up to the actual business some more.

You two deserve minus two internets for this post.

1.) No I wasn't expecting Henry to do flips and stuff, but what I was expecting was more then six moves. Now I don't care what in ring psychology you are trying to sell, you won't sell it with only six moves. The fact that Orton couldn't easily counter these same six moves just makes him look weak.

2.) In-ring psychology and story telling are a huge part of the match, but guess what is a big part of in-ring psychology and story telling? The moves themselves and the selling of said moves. So when Henry walks around not selling anything it doesn't portray him as a monster it just portrays the match as fake. And when Henry settles for only six moves it also makes the match look fake.

So how about next time before you two start running your mouths you actually learn something about wrestling first.

zerosystem
10-03-2011, 03:45 PM
There is no way Mark Henry can have a huge moveset. He is limited by his size. Besides, he does not need one. He is billed as a monster who beats people down, and he did that to perfection. Whenever someone takes Mark down or has him on the brink of defeat, people are on edge. That's how well he has done his job at selling the monster angle. Yokozuna and Earthquake did the same things back in their days. To hate Mark Henry because of his "six moves" is irrelevant since he does not need any more than that.

And I don't hear people complaining about Austin's lack of a moveset. He was smaller and more agile than Mark, so what's his excuse. I don't think SCSA even had six moves.

Subject Zero
10-03-2011, 03:54 PM
There is no way Mark Henry can have a huge moveset. He is limited by his size. Besides, he does not need one. He is billed as a monster who beats people down, and he did that to perfection. Whenever someone takes Mark down or has him on the brink of defeat, people are on edge. That's how well he has done his job at selling the monster angle. Yokozuna and Earthquake did the same things back in their days. To hate Mark Henry because of his "six moves" is irrelevant since he does not need any more than that.

And I don't hear people complaining about Austin's lack of a moveset. He was smaller and more agile than Mark, so what's his excuse. I don't think SCSA even had six moves.

Actually alot of members have said they dont like Austin for this reason. I think Necroyeti said it once, Sorry if im wrong though mate.

But you cant seriously compare Mark Henry to Austin. Austin's main ability was his mic skill and he even took sports entertainment to a whole new level.

Has Mark Henry done this?

Necroyeti
10-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Definitely a lot of people ITT that are absolutely clueless about matches that aren't just FLIPZ 'N MOVEZ~.

You two deserve minus two internets for this post.

1.) No I wasn't expecting Henry to do flips and stuff, but what I was expecting was more then six moves. Now I don't care what in ring psychology you are trying to sell, you won't sell it with only six moves. The fact that Orton couldn't easily counter these same six moves just makes him look weak.

2.) In-ring psychology and story telling are a huge part of the match, but guess what is a big part of in-ring psychology and story telling? The moves themselves and the selling of said moves. So when Henry walks around not selling anything it doesn't portray him as a monster it just portrays the match as fake. And when Henry settles for only six moves it also makes the match look fake.

So how about next time before you two start running your mouths you actually learn something about wrestling first.

Says it all, really.

zerosystem
10-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Mark Henry will never revolution wrestling, the WWE, or even the monster angle. However, he is doing the job that the WWE needs of him. He is the most dominant heel in the WWE right now. He has not dropped a match in some time, has taken out the other super heavyweights, and is the only heel on Smackdown who can credibly beat Orton cleanly. Christian could have been, but he was turned into a whinny crybaby for whatever reason, so Henry is the guy to do the job, and he has done it well. You can't deny him that. Like I said, he may not change anything in this business and his run might be forgotten in a couple years, but he is doing the job he needs to do and is doing it well.

Also, I would not be surprised if Big Show and/or Kane will not get title runs in the future, that way Orton will not always be in the title picture. The WWE is probably wary of the fact that members of the IWC are beginning to look at him as they do Cena, and definitely don't want that fiasco to be repeated.

Subject Zero
10-03-2011, 04:09 PM
@zerosystem

I have nothing against his title run WWE is in need of a World Champion to hold on to the title and defend it. But i was making the point of you saying you dont get why people hate Henry for the limited move set compared to Stone Cold who had a limited move set.

Henry should not of been given this run to begin with but as a few members have said its more like a thank you from WWE for the years of service he has given them.

I do agree with you about Big Show having a title in the near future in my opinion he should of been doing what Henry did as the whole monster thing suited him way back in the Lesnar days. But i cant see Kane going on for much longer his gimmick is dying, he is getting older and i cant see a face Kane as WWE or WHC champion. But i never saw Henry as WHC before he won it.

beatfighter3000
10-03-2011, 04:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71QG0LbhOOQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU8teKtJlm4&feature=related
Now people dont ever contest Big show's athleticism!

The Hit Man
10-03-2011, 04:22 PM
I think Henry does an excellent job of selling his character but that match really wasn't great. There was only really 2 or 3 times where I got interested in the match and they lasted for a matter of seconds. Even if the ring phsycology was spot on, the match as a whole was pretty boring and I would put most of it down to Henry seeing as he was the aggresor for most of the match.

Necroyeti
10-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Big Show Dropkick
Big Show does a kip p from the ground

Now people dont ever contest Big show's athleticism!
The Big Show is an odd case - he was undeniably athletic for his size in his early WWF run, (can't speak for his time in WCW) but actually became a much better worker when he slowed down a bit and started using power moves more befitting a 500lb giant.

Yano88
10-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Big Show & William Regal > Mark henry

I seriously think that Henry got the title after Vinnie Mac made him mad with the joke of the false entrance and Henry flipped out at the comany for the lack of respect, That's it...

As for wrestling, mic skill and entertainment he just plain sucks... The title is nothing but a prize to his long career