PDA

View Full Version : Has the E already botched CM Punks angle?

Murphdogg4
10-02-2011, 05:36 PM
I may be calling it early but it seems like they once again turned a red hot angle into something mediocre. It's like the Nexus angle all over again.

TheStranger222
10-02-2011, 05:41 PM
I honestly think they should have helded off on bringing Punk back. Honestly at MITB you could smell it in the air that Punk had a contract. It would have seemed more realistic if he was held off on tv for awhile longer.

And just as Punk has said about his former title runs he was just holding the strap and keeping ti warm for someone else to come along and take it. And that's just what they did with him again.

MattTY2JHBK
10-02-2011, 05:42 PM
The angle has definitely gone downhill over the last month or so, but It's still pretty decent and It's not over yet. The most important question really is, can CM Punk maintain his momentum when he starts a different feud? I really hope so, he's been the major highlight for the WWE this summer. Like you said before, if they drop the ball with him again, it really will be another Nexus angle.

Y2J___Y2J
10-02-2011, 05:44 PM
I think it seems at the moment that Punk is lost in the shuffle but the way they are pushing this angle then there is a long way to go with it..

MattTY2JHBK
10-02-2011, 05:46 PM
I honestly think they should have helded off on bringing Punk back. Honestly at MITB you could smell it in the air that Punk had a contract. It would have seemed more realistic if he was held off on tv for awhile longer.

And just as Punk has said about his former title runs he was just holding the strap and keeping it warm for someone else to come along and take it. And that's just what they did with him again.

That quote really proves how meaningless the titles are in the WWE these days...

Tommy Thunder
10-02-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm not sure WWE know the exact direction the angle's going. It's still got me interested, but it seems like they're shooting from the hip as to what direction they're going.

Russo swerve
10-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Just because the angle isnt all about punk anymore doesnt mean it went downhill. This whole conspiracy angle is way better imo. So stop dick riding just because its not all about him

Daffy Duck's Finest
10-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Just because the angle isnt all about punk anymore doesnt mean it went downhill. This whole conspiracy angle is way better imo. So stop dick riding just because its not all about him

I agree, although I wouldn't put it in such vulgar terms.

Reserve your judgement about CM Punk until after Wrestlemania. We can't judge this after only two or so months

Bodom
10-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Calling it early? You're like......3 months too late.

thejman93
10-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Right now there are more questions than answers in that storyline so no, the 'E is doing just fine IMO. Plus Vince, 'Taker, and possibly Foley are still due to enter into this thing.

Tommy Thunder
10-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Right now there are more questions than answers in that storyline so no, the 'E is doing just fine IMO. Plus Vince, 'Taker, and possibly Foley are still due to enter into this thing.

I doubt Taker will be involved in this angle.
Vince obviously will be back at some point, and it's likely that Foley will enter WWE at some point, and there's every chance they could put him in this feud.

ratedy2jayz
10-02-2011, 06:34 PM
I think people have gotten use to the short term storylines so now they're giving up on the angle quicker, but if CM Punk never came back, this thread would be bitching about how the WWE waited too long to bring Punk back.

thejman93
10-02-2011, 06:40 PM
I doubt Taker will be involved in this angle.
Vince obviously will be back at some point, and it's likely that Foley will enter WWE at some point, and there's every chance they could put him in this feud.

You might be right about 'Taker. If he comes back at The Garden (Survivor Series) then I could see him getting involved though.

monctonvike
10-02-2011, 06:58 PM
I think perhaps so, yes they may just have botched this to some degree. However I don't think its too late there is still a possibility that it can be saved and turned in a positive direction

AOF666
10-02-2011, 06:58 PM
The WWE screwed up the night after Punk won the WWE champion at MIIB!

Russo swerve
10-02-2011, 07:16 PM
I think people have gotten use to the short term storylines so now they're giving up on the angle quicker, but if CM Punk never came back, this thread would be bitching about how the WWE waited too long to bring Punk back.

I agree....

Peter Kaymakcian
10-02-2011, 07:45 PM
The angle is going just fine the way it is. People are just to impatient to wait for the angle to be finished off. The only way the 'E could screw up this angle is by having Punk be apart of the conspirators.

Iron Ape
10-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Reserve your judgement about CM Punk until after Wrestlemania. We can't judge this after only two or so months
Considering that there's no universally accepted barometer for gauging these sorts of things, I'd say people are fine to judge angles whenever it suits them. Could they get better as time goes on? Absolutely. But things could get worse, too. No harm in forming an opinion along the way, though; it can change, just like everything else in life.

thatdevilsblue
10-02-2011, 07:55 PM
as a HUGE Punk fan, i'm going to be honest and say that it is somewhat going downhill lately, but it's really not Punk's fault...i think it's primarily HHH's fault because him and his "ego" had to stick it's big nose into the whole thing and couldn't resist letting himself get the upper hand in the feud between them...however, Punk's "change" storyline isn't over yet and we still have yet to see what comes out of it, the infamous "shoot" promo came out of complete left field and was the most controversial segment to happen all year, so who know's what can happen, but i've read that WWE only plans to continue Punks push up until the end of the year, so they need to make it good so that at the end of this supposed end to the push at the end of the year, he is complete on top of the company and doesn't need pushes anymore!

AreYaSerious
10-02-2011, 08:19 PM
I agree the storyline is still keeping us guessing. More and more people are getting involved keeping it fresh. It's better then slamming punk in our faces.

IrkenInvader
10-02-2011, 10:23 PM
I thought it was Botched when a major part of the Plot was a fucking TEXT MESSAGE.

Daffy Duck's Finest
10-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Considering that there's no universally accepted barometer for gauging these sorts of things, I'd say people are fine to judge angles whenever it suits them. Could they get better as time goes on? Absolutely. But things could get worse, too. No harm in forming an opinion along the way, though; it can change, just like everything else in life.

I like how you think! I just enjoy looking back over a period of a certain time in order to see the progression. Although I do like the Punk angle so far, who knows how I'll feel come next year. I guess that's the beauty of this industry.

ed is dead
10-02-2011, 11:56 PM
eh, getting a bit tired of cm punk, he's just an obnoxious smartass. punk's doing what the miz was already doing a long time ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anS_pEvbvfo&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL09C934991FC6657F