PDA

View Full Version : The Insomniac Thread

SLEEPY LOCO1
10-02-2011, 06:54 AM
How many people here on the eWn suffer from insomnia like me?

Right now, where I am (N. Las Vegas, NV, USA) it is almost 5 a.m., and as usual I am wide awake. The average person sleeps about 8 hours a night or 56 hours a week. I sleep on an average 4 hours a night or 28 hours a week, and alot of the time the 4 hours or so I sleep is not all at once. Sometimes I have even stayed up all night and had to work the next day with no sleep at all feeling dead on my feet, on these days when I get home I am usually so tired I get to sleep for 7 to 9 hours of sleep with no interruptions. I know I'm not the only one around here who suffers from this, I see some of you guys on here at all hours of the day and night in yours and my time zones. I just want to know what is the average hours of sleep the rest of you insomniacs get in a day or week. Or even if your one of those people who sleep more than the average person you can answer this question too, but just to let you know I hate you people. lol

For those of you questioning how a person with the word sleep in his name can be making a thread like this. Sleepy is my real nickname that I have had since I was a youngster wanting to be a gangster. I got it when I would try to smoke and drink like the older gangsters in my hood, but I always used to pass out where ever I was. Everybody started calling me the Sleepy Wino, but as I got older and became more of a part of the gang it became Sleepy Loco. Now I am no longer in a gang or even live the life I used to, but Sleepy is still my name.

VanHooliganX
10-02-2011, 07:07 AM
I stay up for stupidly long periods of time. I just never feel tired. Not exactly Insomnia but its a pain in the ass sometimes.

Tommy Thunder
10-02-2011, 07:10 AM
I wouldn't say I have insomnia, but I still stay up REAL late, and for stupid reasons!!
I don't go to sleep until 8 am sometimes!!

efrum
10-02-2011, 07:11 AM
How many people here on the eWn suffer from insomnia like me?

Right now, where I am (N. Las Vegas, NV, USA) it is almost 5 a.m., and as usual I am wide awake. The average person sleeps about 8 hours a night or 56 hours a week. I sleep on an average 4 hours a night or 28 hours a week, and alot of the time the 4 hours or so I sleep is not all at once. Sometimes I have even stayed up all night and had to work the next day with no sleep at all feeling dead on my feet, on these days when I get home I am usually so tired I get to sleep for 7 to 9 hours of sleep with no interruptions. I know I'm not the only one around here who suffers from this, I see some of you guys on here at all hours of the day and night in yours and my time zones. I just want to know what is the average hours of sleep the rest of you insomniacs get in a day or week. Or even if your one of those people who sleep more than the average person you can answer this question too, but just to let you know I hate you people. lol

For those of you questioning how a person with the word sleep in his name can be making a thread like this. Sleepy is my real nickname that I have had since I was a youngster wanting to be a gangster. I got it when I would try to smoke and drink like the older gangsters in my hood, but I always used to pass out where ever I was. Everybody started calling me the Sleepy Wino, but as I got older and became more of a part of the gang it became Sleepy Loco. Now I am no longer in a gang or even live the life I used to, but Sleepy is still my name.

I feel your pain on this one.
Luckily for me i'm a student so I only need to wake up early 3/4 days a week but i rarely get to sleep before 4AM.
I've found podcasts pretty helpful - they dont keep me up but they keep my mind occupied enough for me to not get frustrated about how tired i am.

Polly-Pablo
10-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Since my little brother passed away 20 months ago, I've had trouble sleeping properly. I used to be a really heavy sleeper who could sleep 12 hours straight....now with my day and night shifts at work, only 4 days off inbetween and the insane part of my head that keeps me awake, I'm lucky if I get 12 hours a week. I think the worst was the 6 weeks after his accident - I went 6 days without any sleep at all, then slept for 14 hours straight, then back to no sleep for days etc....I was so tired after about 6 weeks that the Doctor prescribed me sleeping tablets and told me that my brain needed to rest and I was close to exhaustion (close....wtf do you have to do to be exhausted huh?) and if I didn't take them, he would admit me to hospital and have me 'put to sleep' for a few days so I could get my head straight.

Insomnia is a bad thing, I'm sorry to hear you suffer from it. The best advice I have had is not to read/watch TV etc before you try to sleep - as you're activating and stimulating brain cells with such things.....therefore your brain can't switch itself off when you try to sleep.