PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown vs Raw 2011 - The 147th Official Thread

Robstar
10-10-2010, 08:12 PM
I looked for a thread on this, I really did(but not very hard). ;) Anyway, I want to discuss this game as it is set to be released soon.

Firstly, the tv ads - while they feature the usual suspects - Cena; Mysterio; Orton - I also noticed that The Dudebusters feature - even if it is guys getting beat up!

Secondly, the roster. You can view it here;
http://community.smackdownvsraw.com/roster
I must say there's a few surprises! The least of these is that they have both Orton and Sheamus with the WWE belt, not sure why they've portrayed anyone holding titles actually. Surprising inclusions include -
Vance Archer
Batista?
Paul Bearer (he's been back 5 minutes, WWE must have had this planned for ages)
Shelton Benjamin
Hornswoggle
Mike Knox. WTF?
David Otunga
Justin Gabriel
Lex Luger
There's 2 empty spots for Smackdown which I'm assuming will be filled by The Dudebusters (hopefully) but may be reserved for Kaval, Hennig or Rotundo and 2 empty Legend spots too. Lmao, I bet it's not Hogan or Flair!!! Only 3 members of Nexus?

I am looking forward to playing this years version. Hopefully there won't be a continuation of the makers removing good features and replacing them with lame new ideas. Why can't they take all the good parts of each one and make a super kick ass version?

Dameduse823
10-10-2010, 08:39 PM
I am a huge fan of this game series and have had ever one of them since the original came out, and to be honest I'm getting a bit antsy now that were don't to two weeks.

And for anyone who wants to see them on youtube, SVRGlobal's channel has almost every wrestler's entrance and finisher loaded up

TheDevilsAdvocate
10-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Love the games, but not a real big fan on what it takes in those games to execute a move, and how they changed the controls drastically. I hope they removed the season mode (which always sucks) from the game an added General Manager mode back.

t0ne513
10-11-2010, 12:19 AM
Like you said Paul Bearer has been back for what, maybe 2 weeks now and he's already on the roster, yet I don't see Daniel Bryan anywhere? You think they would have the current U.S. Champ on the Roster.

AGEOFFALL
10-11-2010, 12:42 AM
Because they will make money selling Daniel Bryan as DLC.

DarkSide
10-11-2010, 06:42 AM
What is Shelton Benjamin doing there - he has been gone for ages.

I'm going to bitch about this game but, just to let you know what a fool I am - I'm still buying a copy.

Things I hope they get right this year:

1) The damn camera angles, especially outside the ring. The past 2 editions sucked.

2) I still spot CAW material from early PS2 games - and get better trunks and boots in there too!

3) More backstage areas - and where did those special backstage interactive finishers go??

4) More interactive submission moves - I think we had more 4 years ago.

5) More alternative looks for superstars - it looks like we are not getting bald CM Punk.

Splattered-Dreams
10-11-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm still bummed about losing the innovative GM mode to a lackluster "story mode" witth no direction or purpose.

DirtySteal
10-11-2010, 10:54 AM
I always find SVR games have so much potential each year and always fail to deliver.

I loved the last one SVR 2010, but I think thats cause the last one before that I bought was back on PS2 so everything was new to me. Theres so much they need to improve however. Better AI, better stories, better Co-Op story, better animations, more customisation, better online servers and these are just to name a few.

And why does CM Punk look like the Prince of Persia? I want him in his mask with a better entrance.

Robstar
10-11-2010, 02:31 PM
"More backstage areas - and where did those special backstage interactive finishers go?"- agreed!

"And why does CM Punk look like the Prince of Persia?" - lmfao!

Robstar
10-11-2010, 02:34 PM
What I hate most is they introduce new features while removing others from the previous years versions, when you know they could have easily left things in there.

The last 2 versions haven't done much for me, I'm back to occasionally playing 2008 (because I have a lot of CAW's on there), but I will give this new one a go

SgtGohan
10-11-2010, 03:17 PM
what kind of mod are you? making double topics because you couldnt find the 93480 gazilion other topics about this game and double posting whilst you could easily edit your post.

anyways ontopic really looking forward to the game and i cant wait to try and beat undertakers streak with my caw

Mr Perfect
10-11-2010, 04:32 PM
what kind of mod are you? making double topics because you couldnt find the 93480 gazilion other topics about this game and double posting whilst you could easily edit your post.

anyways ontopic really looking forward to the game and i cant wait to try and beat undertakers streak with my caw

lol exactly.. you'd think a mod would know better. Usually its the trolls flooding the main page not mods lol.

But I guess I'll try and stay on topic I don't want to get in trouble. ;)

I didn't see Lex Luger on the superstar list?

I'm personally not looking forward to this game, ill save my 60 bucks and wait 6 months when its 20 bucks at my local gamestop. I've been disappointed with SVR the last few years.

Warmachine
10-11-2010, 05:03 PM
The whole control system has been bad the past few years the original SVR back in 2004 or svr 2006 had the best control schemes i felt like i could be technical it the moves n focus on a body part or w/e , but with the whole analog and running schemes i can press the same buttons and random moves come out so i have thrown strategy out the window and just do moves until the other guy is done,

one more thing, what happened to the body damage indicators those things are like the stamina bars in the ufc games you need that sheet! makes it feel more authentic and build your actions around it

hopefully it doesnt become a game that in a couple of years each wrestler will have 4 moves cause the amount of moves to make movesets have gone down as well

bottom line SVR 2011 plz dont screw me over

Robstar
10-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Threads without TAGS are not worth finding. Go on, do a search with the words Smackdown and Raw and see how many you get.

Sounds like moderator envy! ;) You running for office Sgt? 'Cause I could nominate you for mod if you like.

Mr. Perfect, Luger's on the second page, if you scroll right down to the legends. Which is great because we can relive the super awesome tag team of Luger and Bulldog!!! Allied Powers, alright!!! lol

SgtGohan
10-12-2010, 05:46 AM
Threads without TAGS are not worth finding. Go on, do a search with the words Smackdown and Raw and see how many you get.

Sounds like moderator envy! ;) You running for office Sgt? 'Cause I could nominate you for mod if you like.

Mr. Perfect, Luger's on the second page, if you scroll right down to the legends. Which is great because we can relive the super awesome tag team of Luger and Bulldog!!! Allied Powers, alright!!! lol

Still you should have been able to find atleast one of the 7 billion others..

and no im not interested in becoming a mod anymore because frankly i dont have the time for that anymore.

Robstar
10-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Still you should have been able to find atleast one of the 7 billion others..

and no im not interested in becoming a mod anymore because frankly i dont have the time for that anymore.

*sniff* ok then.....

SgtGohan
10-12-2010, 01:01 PM
anyways seems we have to pay a dollar just to be able to adjust the stats of the superstars, what a rip-off i mean its only a dollar but still..

Robstar
10-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Is that a dollar for each or what? That's only existing superstars, not CAW's?

Splattered-Dreams
10-12-2010, 07:30 PM
They're not a dollar each - it's a dollar for the program which enables you to edit any attribute of any superstar/legend/diva. I assume CAW's will still require levelling as normal.

On another note, I'm suprised that no one else misses M mode. Story Mode is completely pointless...

Robstar
10-12-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm assuming you mean GM mode? Yes I miss that too

Splattered-Dreams
10-12-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm assuming you mean GM mode? Yes I miss that too

Oops, my bad. Yes, GM mode :p

NightWolf
10-13-2010, 02:44 AM
I do. I'm particular fond of 2006's General Manager mode. It made me happy because it was kind of like the season mode for HERE COMES THE PAIN an SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

Splattered-Dreams
10-13-2010, 12:08 PM
I do. I'm particular fond of 2006's General Manager mode. It made me happy because it was kind of like the season mode for HERE COMES THE PAIN an SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

Good point, It was even comparable to the season modes on Raw II (underrated game, with countless flaws, however)

They've used the tools for "Story Mode" which would make GM mode perfect. I agree with the earlier post which said that it seems as if they bring in new modes to replace older, perfectly good modes. A combination of the current Story mode and the 2006/2007 GM modes would be great

The only problem would be with the ending cut-scene - it would be Teddy Long facing off against a computer :p

DarkSide
10-14-2010, 01:47 PM
From what I read - the developers are taking the DLC low road.

Looks like this year will have loads of DLC but some of the things listed are downright...well...evil. Pay for alternate attires?!?!? DLCs are always a point of controversy but paying for crap that should really be there in the first place. They must be laughing.

Robstar
10-18-2010, 10:51 PM
It appears RVD will appear on this years version of SvR. I for one am majorly surprised.

SilverGhost
10-18-2010, 10:53 PM
It appears RVD will appear on this years version of SvR. I for one am majorly surprised.

RVD? TNA star in WWE's game?

Mind=blown

Dameduse823
10-19-2010, 01:06 AM

I just saw this reported on the headlines page and I'm stunned. RVD hasn't been in teh company for a while now and there were no signs that he was really going back before he joined TNA. I wonder why they through him in?

SgtGohan
10-19-2010, 05:57 AM
say wut?! where have you read this i think its higly unlikely he will be in cuz he is with tna now..

Robstar
10-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Here -
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/Another_TNA_Star_In_SD_vs._RAW_Game_Team_RAW_.php (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/../headlines/Another_TNA_Star_In_SD_vs._RAW_Game_Team_RAW_.php)

And here -
http://community.smackdownvsraw.com/roster/more

I am just surprised they didn't try re-jig the appearance to be another legend

SgtGohan
10-19-2010, 04:17 PM
its awesome that he's in though!

SilverGhost
10-19-2010, 04:17 PM
So two TNA people are in a WWE game. Good job TNA! Just the rest of the roster to go!

Belzova
10-19-2010, 10:11 PM
So two TNA people are in a WWE game. Good job TNA! Just the rest of the roster to go!

I think a WWE Vs. TNA game would be more exciting.

Dameduse823
10-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Why is everyone so surprised that Mickie James is in teh game? it was like half finished when she left. Besides the last three years SVR has had tna superstars in it. Look at 2010. Mr. Kennedy, Brian Kendrick, Jeff Hardy and Dreamer, though he is fairly new in tna.

The only reason I was surprised about RVD is because hes been gone for a few years, hasn't been in any of the games since he left and I wouldnt' exactly call him a legend

DarkSide
10-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Holy crap-all-over-my-wallet...I just went on the PS Store and there is already DLC for 2011 ready for purchase! And they are charging for the crap!

Fan Axxess content and Online Axxess are £6.29 each and that's even before the game is out! And whoopdeedoo, they say if you buy these you can get a discount on future purchases if you get the former.

(sorry for all the exclamation marks, but that just burns me)