PDA

View Full Version : The IWC's most over-rated Superstar?

Krow132
10-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Hey everyone, I've been reading a lot on the site for quite a while now, but just recently started taking my account seriously. This is my first Thread so take it easy. I was wondering what everyone's opinions are on who the most over-rated star the IWC backs is? The IWC has several key wrestlers they get behind, CM Punk, Christian, Zack Ryder, Matt Hardy (Before he made himself into a jack-ass), Cody Rhodes, etc. Who in your opinion is the most over-rated? I named a few not all, feel free to toss someone else's name into the hat.

Asherdelampyr
10-01-2011, 03:59 PM
I am going to say Punk
don't get me wrong, the guy is great both on the mic and in the ring, but I get the feeling that sometimes people act like he is the second coming of wrestling Jesus or something, it's odd.

68wPayne
10-01-2011, 04:02 PM
I'll say Kofi

Vegas
10-01-2011, 04:03 PM
I am going to say Punk
don't get me wrong, the guy is great both on the mic and in the ring, but I get the feeling that sometimes people act like he is the second coming of wrestling Jesus or something, it's odd.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyw8f_cYA2Pc3TfJ2JZmg3bQCSlgqHv p0CwTqcT4qNXFSlSWjkTNfMsXSKeA

Krow132
10-01-2011, 04:05 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyw8f_cYA2Pc3TfJ2JZmg3bQCSlgqHv p0CwTqcT4qNXFSlSWjkTNfMsXSKeA

HAH. That makes me chuckle.

jordan1995
10-01-2011, 04:06 PM
i dont like kofi

Rilla
10-01-2011, 04:08 PM
I'll say Kofi

IWC likes Kofi and Cody?

Interesting.

Anyway, I'd say Zach Ryder.

68wPayne
10-01-2011, 04:10 PM
IWC likes Kofi and Cody?

Interesting.

IWC liked Kofi at one time.

Asherdelampyr
10-01-2011, 04:10 PM

that is fucking hilarious!

Krow132
10-01-2011, 04:11 PM
IWC likes Kofi and Cody?

Interesting.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about Kofi. I've seen a lot of support for Rhodes on here though.

broc808
10-01-2011, 04:11 PM
well 3 months ago it was Ryder but now it's punk

and to be honest I hate the whole Punk bandwagon I've loved CM punk since day one but all these people on the forums just jump on to him and say he's the best thing that has ever came to wrestling and then gets into an argument with anyone who disagrees is ridiculous

as far as ryder goes the only reason people like him is because of his web show which I don't mind as much and I give ack a lot of credit because if you think about he built a very large fan base from scratch

Asherdelampyr
10-01-2011, 04:12 PM
well 3 months ago it was Ryder but now it's punk

and to be honest I hate the whole Punk bandwagon I've loved CM punk since day one but all these people on the forums just jump on to him and say he's the best thing that has ever came to wrestling and then gets into an argument with anyone who disagrees is ridiculous

so you liked Punk back before it was cool?
lol
couldn't resist.

I liked Ryder's show, but it got old to me. Also it really doesn't showcase his wrestling ability, or even his promo skills, I mean, there is a big difference between having an entertaining webshow and being an entertaining pro wrestler. If there wasn't then Felicia Day would be the Diva's champ (Which may actually be an improvement)

VanHooliganX
10-01-2011, 04:13 PM
It's Kofi. The dude just cannot entertain me at all.
Punk is very highly rated but thats because of the summer of Punk. He is a damn good wrestler though.

Vegas
10-01-2011, 04:14 PM
that is fucking hilarious!

yes it is xD but in all seriousness I'd say Ryder

Ruthless_Aggression
10-01-2011, 04:29 PM
I gotta say Daniel Bryan. Yes, he is a great technical wrestler, but that is it. I just see no charisma whatsoever from him.

TCM442
10-01-2011, 04:44 PM
It's either Christian or Daniel Bryan. People complain so much about how they think Christian got cheated out of his title run, and blah, blah. I hate it. And Bryan just because he's awesome in the ring doesn't mean he does not lack charisma. People think that just because you can wrestle you're instantly over, which is stupid. I don't think he deserved the MITB Briefcase. It should of been given to Barrett.

SESAfro
10-01-2011, 04:51 PM
It is unanimously Zack Ryder. Yeah we all love Z! True Long Island Story, but that's actually where the entertainment comes from. He's pretty decent in ring and on the mic, but does Ryder truly equal ratings? I think not.

68wPayne
10-01-2011, 04:52 PM
It's either Christian or Daniel Bryan. People complain so much about how they think Christian got cheated out of his title run, and blah, blah. I hate it. And Bryan just because he's awesome in the ring doesn't mean he does not lack charisma. People think that just because you can wrestle you're instantly over, which is stupid. I don't think he deserved the MITB Briefcase. It should of been given to Barrett.

I agree with the statement of being awesome doesn't equate charisma. However I think that there are people who can get over without charisma (Chris Benoit, Bret Hart, Dean Malenko-had one of the biggest pops in the history of WCW) and I think Daniel Bryan is one of those. I would have liked to seen Barrett get the briefcase too but I'm not upset that Daniel Bryan has it, I just believe that it was Barrett's time

AOF666
10-01-2011, 04:56 PM
I say Daniel Bryan. They way everyone talks he should be headlining Wrestlemania or he should be the one to end Undertaker's streak. I don't care about what he did in the independant circuit. He no longer wrestles there, he is in the WWE. They have a certain expectation from their performers. Bryan won the MIIB briefcase, yet he still didn't step it up to prove he should be the next WHC.

K2Jelly
10-01-2011, 05:01 PM
I'd have to say Punk. IMHO, he's about as good in the ring as Cena is.

the-rocks-stunner
10-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Cena!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-_-!!!!!!!!

K2Jelly
10-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Cena!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-_-!!!!!!!!

That would imply the IWC loves him; which by the way, as a majority, we don't.

The Brown One
10-01-2011, 05:07 PM
I'd have to say Zack Ryder. Some people on here have even wanted him to be in the main event, competing for the WWE title! Hes barely established as a midcarder, so why rush? Hes just getting his shot right now, and it looks to be going well so far. Not great, but decent.

Please, elaborate.

K2Jelly
10-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Please, elaborate.

The guy has his own five moves of doom.

-Knee to cornered opponent
-Bull dog
-Powerslam
-Anaconda Vice
-GTS

Plus, when Punk wrestles, he really doesn't build up to a big finish. At least Cena does.

Asherdelampyr
10-01-2011, 05:15 PM
The guy has his five moves of doom.

-Bull dog
-Powerslam
-Anaconda Vise
-GTS

Plus, when Punk wrestles, he really doesn't build up to a big finish. At least Cena does.

this is going to be a fun debate to watch

SESAfro
10-01-2011, 05:18 PM
The guy has his five moves of doom.

-Bull dog
-Powerslam
-Anaconda Vise
-GTS

Don't all main eventing faces have 5 moves of doom but break out of it when needed?

K2Jelly
10-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Don't all main eventing faces have 5 moves of doom but break out of it when needed?

Exactly. All the time I see the IWC praise Punk for having extraordinary wrestling skills yet he's cut from the same cloth as Cena, Orton and HHH.

The Brown One
10-01-2011, 05:23 PM

-Bull dog
-Powerslam
-Anaconda Vice
-GTS

We're still on this "5 moves of doom" stuff?
I think we've already acknowledged that almost every wrestler in the history of wrestling had a 5 moves of doom. Even the great Ric Flair, Bret Hart, and The Undertaker do. What separates Punk and Cena in the ring is believability. When you watch a Punk match, theres offence in from both wrestlers, with Punk winning using his signature moves. Cena, on the other hand, gets beaten down for the entire match, and then comes out of nowhere to win his matches with his signature moves. On top of that, Punk actually LOSES some matches, whereas Cena wins 99% of his.

The Brown One
10-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Hahaha. The Punk fans are going to have a field day with that comment. ;)

Honestly, it has to be Christian. Now don't get me wrong, Christian is one of my favorites but it gets annoying when people whine about WWE not making him the face of the Smackdown brand and whine about Randy Orton beating him for the World Heavyweight title.

Its happened to others too, for a reason: They took the title off Del Rio after 35 days and put it on Cena, because the Raw ratings dropped from 3.2 to 2.7 due to the other games going on at the time. They took the title off Christian after 5 days however, because it was to build up to a storyline where Christian turned heel and won the title again. Either way, I hate it.

K2Jelly
10-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Hahaha. The Punk fans are going to have a field day with that comment. ;)

Honestly, it has to be Christian. Now don't get me wrong, Christian is one of my favorites but it gets annoying when people whine about WWE not making him the face of the Smackdown brand and whine about Randy Orton beating him for the World Heavyweight title.

I love stirring sh*t up. ;)

Anyways, I think you've only scratched the surface. Orton beating him is PART of the reason. The majority of it lies on how long both reigns lasted.

Asherdelampyr
10-01-2011, 05:28 PM
I love stirring sh*t up. ;)

Anyways, I think you've only scratched the surface. Orton beating him is PART of the reason. The majority of it lies on how long both reigns lasted.

Christian is never going to be the face of the Smackdown brand, simply because he looks like a pudgy middle-aged balding guy

true story

K2Jelly
10-01-2011, 05:29 PM
I get what you mean by believability but it doesn't rely on how the superstar wrestles as much as how they are billed.

The_Awesome_One
10-01-2011, 05:29 PM
As for IWC liking people:

Kofi

as for IWC hating on people:

Orton

rafalafaa
10-01-2011, 05:30 PM
The only thing funnier than people who jumped on the CM Punk bandwagon is all the people jumping OFF the CM Punk bandwagon because its getting crowded. The IWC prays for WWE to push him to the main event. When he finally gets there, and is going to stay there, we abandon him. Sound Familiar? Word Life.

But going back to the topic, I was originally going to say Randy, but i think we all rate him fine. Not many of us love him as much as the average WWE fan. I'm gonna go with Christian. I also didnt like them taking the belt off him, but sometimes people treat him like hes the CM Punk of Smackdown.

SESAfro
10-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Christian is never going to be the face of the Smackdown brand, simply because he looks like a pudgy middle-aged balding guy

true story
True. Don't mention the orange tan. Jersey Shore anyone?

The Brown One
10-01-2011, 05:31 PM
I get what you mean by believability but it doesn't rely on how the superstar wrestles as much as how they are billed.

Can you explain more? I didn't quite get what you mean by "how they are billed".

broc808
10-01-2011, 05:33 PM
The only thing funnier than people who jumped on the CM Punk bandwagon is all the people jumping OFF the CM Punk bandwagon because its getting crowded. The IWC prays for WWE to push him to the main event. When he finally gets there, and is going to stay there, we abandon him. Sound Familiar? Word Life.

But going back to the topic, I was originally going to say Randy, but i think we all rate him fine. Not many of us love him as much as the average WWE fan. I'm gonna go with Christian. I also didnt like them taking the belt off him, but sometimes people treat him like hes the CM Punk of Smackdown.

this may be the best first post in history

I completely agree bro people who are on bandwagons are bad but people who jump off of bandwagons because they're full are ridiculous

Asherdelampyr
10-01-2011, 05:34 PM
True. Don't mention the orange tan. Jersey Shore anyone?

yeah, that's just odd
and nasty

K2Jelly
10-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Can you explain more? I didn't quite get what you mean by "how they are billed".

Cena is pretty much the modern day Hogan popularity, promo and ring wise. Before this megastar push, Cena was a part of believable matches. The believability he had then was on the same level as Punk does now. If both of them were at the same level and got a chance to showcase their ability for a good amount of time, they'd be about 50/50 plus Cena wouldn't get beaten down the whole time. (e.g. Money in the Bank 2011)

rafalafaa
10-01-2011, 05:39 PM
this may be the best first post in history

I completely agree bro people who are on bandwagons are bad but people who jump off of bandwagons because they're full are ridiculous

haha thanks bud. I'm not trying to say Punk is the next Stone Cold, but the guy made wrestler socially relevant this summer. Im no Cena hater, but even he couldnt do that for the past 7 years.

rafalafaa
10-01-2011, 05:41 PM
I get what you mean but everybody has different opinions even if the majority of the IWC loves Punk.

Oh I agree. I'm not saying that EVERYONE who doesnt like Punk did so because his bandwagon is full, but there are definitely some people who did do that. These people probably also say that Tyler Black should go straight to the main event when he debuts.

The_Awesome_One
10-01-2011, 05:45 PM

true story

Really, Really........ Really?

he is in great shape

Asherdelampyr
10-01-2011, 05:47 PM

he is in great shape

yes, yes........ yes
he is pudgy by wwe standards, and has a bit of a muffin top going

Tomsta666
10-01-2011, 05:49 PM
WTF internet nerds??? WTF???

I wish I had half the shape Christian did!!

tad locust
10-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Easily Zack Ryder.He's mediocre and is only popular because of his stupid Youtube videos.He's average at best in both mic skills as well as wrestling ability.What he's doing is just lazy self promotion and can be done by any wrestler.I cant beleive some people think he should be pushed.ADR is also popular with the IWC and is mediocre.His gimmick is stale and his mic skills suck.He's average at best in the ring and he always delivers the exact same promos.He gets little reaction from the crowd and shouldn't be a main eventer.Punk is talented but is highly overated and overhyped by the IWC.He is not creating a new boom period in wrestling and is not the next Steve Austin.I've grown tired of him since the overwhelming coverage and praise he has received since that shoot promo.Overall,I think its a tie between ADR and Ryder with Punk coming second.

Asherdelampyr
10-01-2011, 05:51 PM
WTF internet nerds??? WTF???

I wish I had half the shape Christian did!!

so do I, but then I am not being paid to be shirtless all the time on national TV

SESAfro
10-01-2011, 05:53 PM

he is in great shape
He is but you can see his age in his body now. It's starting to sag a bit more than usual.

Asherdelampyr
10-01-2011, 05:55 PM
He is but you can see his age in his body now. It's starting to sag a bit more than usual.

exactly
thank you for explaining it better than I am currently capable of.

Tomsta666
10-01-2011, 05:56 PM
so do I, but then I am not being paid to be shirtless all the time on national TV

:D:D:cool:

SESAfro
10-01-2011, 06:00 PM
exactly
thank you for explaining it better than I am currently capable of.
No problem. I got yo back, yo.

rafalafaa
10-01-2011, 06:00 PM
I agree. As soon as Punk became a top player on Raw, then came the critics. I know people like to give their honest thoughts on the IWC's favorite wrestlers but always looking at the negatives with his character is getting old. The same thing applies with the Cena haters who always try to find the negative of his character.

I really do hate when people over-rate Punk though.

I think hes the best in the WWE right now, but yeah im not a fan of ppl saying hes the next stone cold. fuck that lol. his best years are ahead of him, though. So we'll see how he does.

K2Jelly
10-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Somewhat off topic, the term "bandwagon" is being used VERY loosely by the IWC.

Liking/hating someone because others are doing it is jumping the bandwagon. Liking/hating someone because they genuinely do and lots of other people happen to have the same opinion as you is NOT jumping the bandwagon.

It's annoying when people don't learn the difference before they use it.

Y2J___Y2J
10-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Zach Ryder.. Sure his video's are awesome.. But he's boring as hell in the ring..!

Russo swerve
10-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Zack ryder

HBK
10-01-2011, 06:20 PM
By popularity of the IWC it's both Punk and Ryder, for Punk id say he is overrated a tad bit don't get me wrong i love most stuff he does but really he is blown way out of proportion with everything he does and for Ryder most of his stuff is from his internet show and i must say the last episode was AMAZING but really he has not done crap as far as Raw and Smackdown, i mean his match's are like a min or 2 long and he does like 3 moves so he really has not showed much and all he says on t.v. is Woo Woo Woo

HBK
10-01-2011, 06:25 PM
The most underrated one IMO is Dolph Ziggler, did u see him on ask the zheel on #33 ZTLIS it was AMAZING but again its my opinion

Asherdelampyr
10-01-2011, 06:28 PM
No problem. I got yo back, yo.

good to know!

SESAfro
10-01-2011, 06:29 PM
The most underrated one IMO is Dolph Ziggler, did u see him on ask the zheel on #33 ZTLIS it was AMAZING but again its my opinion
Yup. Also McIntyre needs some more love. I think I'm the only Drew fan here. lol

K2Jelly
10-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Yup. Also McIntyre needs some more love. I think I'm the only Drew fan here. lol

Now you know how I feel about JTG. He could be the next Eddie Guerrero.

Asherdelampyr
10-01-2011, 06:32 PM

you aren't the Sinister Scotsman could go far if they would let him

HBK
10-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Drew could but im going by who the WWE actually uses, Drew has been not been on T.V. in a long time

SESAfro
10-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Now you know how I feel about JTG. He could be the next Eddie Guerrero.
Underused then becomes awesome before he dies. Hmm, could happen.

you aren't the Sinister Scotsman could go far if they would let him

Drew could but im going by who the WWE actually uses, Drew has been not been on T.V. in a long time
Yay! I'm not alone!

Sully
10-01-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm not going to read all seven pages of this thread, but I'm going to assume that CM Punk's name was brought up a good amount of times. I will tell you now, CM Punk is not the most over rated superstar of the IWC. Everybody loves CM Punk! Everyone, Smarks, marks, babies, dogs, they all are CM Punk fans. At that, I wouldn't even say it is being over rated, I mean Punk has earned a lot of the hype he's being given.

Now for the IWC, two names come to mind.

One of them is Alberto Del Rio. Everyone on the internet seems to be loving this guy, they're always pushing for him to win matches, and win titles. Plus, they're always saying how great he is on the mic or in the ring. I don't like him or hate him, but I just think he's a little too over rated on the internet. I mean the guy is still new...give him so time to develop before you throw him into the title picture.

Another one is Zach Ryder, and I'm guilty of jumping on the broski bandwagon as well. After he created his web show, most of the people who watched it were those from the Internet Wrestling Community, and thus they started loving him. This resulted in the remaining members of the IWC to start to hate Ryder as well, but it still didn't stop everyone and anything from cheering for the guy who wasn't on Raw for months.

Now here's an interesting question? Who's the IWC's most underrated superstar? Is it Cena?

Asherdelampyr
10-01-2011, 07:10 PM
yes Sully, it is indeed Cena

The Brown One
10-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Cena is pretty much the modern day Hogan popularity, promo and ring wise. Before this megastar push, Cena was a part of believable matches. The believability he had then was on the same level as Punk does now. If both of them were at the same level and got a chance to showcase their ability for a good amount of time, they'd be about 50/50 plus Cena wouldn't get beaten down the whole time. (e.g. Money in the Bank 2011)

I agree to an extent. But they just wouldn't let Cena wrestle the type of match he did at MITB for a long time. I don't know why, but they just won't. I would love to see it again, since that match was one of the best ones this year, but the WWE has a good thing going with Cena, and they don't want to screw that up.

Somewhat off topic, the term "bandwagon" is being used VERY loosely by the IWC.

Liking/hating someone because others are doing it is jumping the bandwagon. Liking/hating someone because they genuinely do and lots of other people happen to have the same opinion as you is NOT jumping the bandwagon.

It's annoying when people don't learn the difference before they use it.

I'm with you on this one. Some people just say "you're jumping the bandwagon" just to be twats about it.

monctonvike
10-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Rey mysterio, he did amazing things a long time ago...now not so much

monctonvike
10-01-2011, 07:39 PM
he is not really over but big zek

monctonvike
10-01-2011, 07:42 PM
mr anderson, I see a big lack of desire these days, he came into tna and had a red hot feud with angle. Since then nothing much, sure one can argue that he wasn't given much to work with. Real talent shines through anyway imo. I hope he proves me wrong someday that would make me happy

Danny92
10-01-2011, 08:17 PM
has to be zach ryder do people believe a comedy act can get any higher than a mid card title, ? also john morrison the guy has the mic skills of a brick in his current character

thetheme
10-01-2011, 09:27 PM
The miz. He gets so much credit from the IWC and he has done nothing compared to all the others mentioned on this thread ring wise. He blows chunks in the ring, annoying on the mic and he struggles to put on a 2 and a half star match. Putting him on the same level as any past WWF/WWE champion is just garbage, and that goes for some that never won the title. He is the worst WWE champion ever, most overrated ever, and he doesn't deserve the credit he's been getting until he starts putting on great matches and drops the bitchyness and does great inside the ring.

zrdt12
10-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Ryder and Christian. Almost forgot about the Miz. Ziggler is underrated.

zapphoman
10-01-2011, 09:45 PM
definitely have to say Ryder. I have seen people say he should be a World Champion. Really? The jackass with an internet show? Yes it is an entertaining internet show I will give him that but really? A World Title?

broc808
10-01-2011, 09:54 PM
definitely have to say Ryder. I have seen people say he should be a World Champion. Really? The jackass with an internet show? Yes it is an entertaining internet show I will give him that but really? A World Title?

I wouldn't completely deny it for the future but as of right now absolutely not an internet show doesn't get you a world title

clh2285
10-01-2011, 11:41 PM
What is the point of the IWC? All it is, is the people complaining about someone not getting a push, then when they do...BAM there not so sure about it and move on to another low card guy. It would be like after the Cubs (lol) win the World Series then all of a sudden all of those fans thought okay...they won now they are not cool. I know thats on a much grander scale but with the amount the IWC does this it's almost the equivalence. Why do you do this, Why? Go back read all of the post before Ryder got his start of a push(minus some of you) and now look at the same people complaining about him. Same with Punk. I understand liking the under dog but this is a little ridiculous. This is the reason why I honestly think most big name wrestling companys feel the IWC is a joke. They try to give you what you want and they see all you do is keep pissing and moaning. They know the fans that suspend belief and ignore the politics are the real fans. I have a few friends on here that is why I say "most" with my points. I not trying to hate on anyone, Im just trying to figure out why you do this to your selves. On that note I will keep my complaining about the IWC to my self, sorry for the rant.

CrowOfMurders
10-02-2011, 01:54 AM
I feel bad for Punk,he's got alot on his shoulders, and now he's really getting repetitive and boring. Doesn't help that HHH completely nosells his promos and makes him look like an annoying little whiny bitch. I think Punk was overrated for a while,then he got is push,now he's going full circle in terms of how the IWC views him. With his current gimmick,I really think less is more and the overexposure is what's hurting him. He shouldn't come out every week and cut the same damn promo. They should have Cena, Del Rio,Nash and HHH keep goading him and taunting him and build up the suspense as to what he's going to do instead of letting him get used up like this.

It's nice to see Ryder get his push finally,but he's really been underwhelming, I think he needs a cool new finisher,the zack attack was an OKAY mid card finisher, but the teabag to the face leg drop is ridiculous

Agree about Kofi being overrated, he needs a heel turn.

Daniel Bryan's problem is that his appeal and style just don't cross over to the mainstream that well. If this guy was allowed to have 60min matches and unleash everything he could do then he'd be awesome, but the watered down WWE isn't a great place for purists

CrowOfMurders
10-02-2011, 02:04 AM

Speaking of getting crowded, great ANOTHER cena mark whoopdee-****ing-doo

rafalafaa
10-02-2011, 02:08 AM
What is the point of the IWC? All it is, is the people complaining about someone not getting a push, then when they do...BAM there not so sure about it and move on to another low card guy. It would be like after the Cubs (lol) win the World Series then all of a sudden all of those fans thought okay...they won now they are not cool. I know thats on a much grander scale but with the amount the IWC does this it's almost the equivalence. Why do you do this, Why? Go back read all of the post before Ryder got his start of a push(minus some of you) and now look at the same people complaining about him. Same with Punk. I understand liking the under dog but this is a little ridiculous. This is the reason why I honestly think most big name wrestling companys feel the IWC is a joke. They try to give you what you want and they see all you do is keep pissing and moaning. They know the fans that suspend belief and ignore the politics are the real fans. I have a few friends on here that is why I say "most" with my points. I not trying to hate on anyone, Im just trying to figure out why you do this to your selves. On that note I will keep my complaining about the IWC to my self, sorry for the rant.

It may have already started with R Truth. When he wins the title were gonna turn on him.

That's what i was trying to get at with my first post. Someone said i was using the term "bandwagon" incorrectly. but thats exactly what cheering for the underdog is. CM Punk actually used this analogy against Cena calling him the Yankees.

rafalafaa
10-02-2011, 02:12 AM
Speaking of getting crowded, great ANOTHER cena mark whoopdee-****ing-doo

When did i say i was a Cena mark? I like the guy, and I think the hatred for him gets retarded sometimes, but hes nowhere near my favorite wrestler. Get out of here with that.

CrowOfMurders
10-02-2011, 02:12 AM

True, just wish Cena had the natural charisma Hogan had til about 10 years ago. I still love watching classic hulkamania,I'll never feel that way about Cena just because of the fact that he doesn't illicit the same reaction as Hogan did with his superman gimmick.

The rest of your argument;well I think you're oversimplifying, politics, have played a big part of who John Cena is today,on both sides. Biggest difference is that CM honed his skills in the indies and ROH for a while before the WWE. Punk ultimately seems like a guy who "gets it" in terms of ring psychology and what pro wrestling fans like. Cena is WWE's golden boy, he lives,breathes and sleeps the company,which is good for WWE,it's shareholders and Vince,but not so for all it's fans.

CrowOfMurders
10-02-2011, 02:14 AM
When did i say i was a Cena mark? I like the guy, and I think the hatred for him gets retarded sometimes, but hes nowhere near my favorite wrestler. Get out of here with that.
Hahaha just ribbin ya bud,nothin personal

rafalafaa
10-02-2011, 02:18 AM
Hahaha just ribbin ya bud,nothin personal

damn you got me. i didnt wanna be called a cena mark cuz it would undermine my arguments cuz ppl hate cena marks hahaha. i do like him though.

The Brown One
10-02-2011, 02:38 AM
True, just wish Cena had the natural charisma Hogan had til about 10 years ago. I still love watching classic hulkamania,I'll never feel that way about Cena just because of the fact that he doesn't illicit the same reaction as Hogan did with his superman gimmick.

The rest of your argument;well I think you're oversimplifying, politics, have played a big part of who John Cena is today,on both sides. Biggest difference is that CM honed his skills in the indies and ROH for a while before the WWE. Punk ultimately seems like a guy who "gets it" in terms of ring psychology and what pro wrestling fans like. Cena is WWE's golden boy, he lives,breathes and sleeps the company,which is good for WWE,it's shareholders and Vince,but not so for all it's fans.

Good response. Not all wrestlers are equal in terms of ability. Some are skilled and some just aren't cut out for the main event.

HBK
10-02-2011, 05:00 AM
Wrestling is like Rock every1 loves a band no1 has heard of but as soon as they hit mainstream they say they suck and they sold out

HBK
10-02-2011, 05:05 AM
The so called "IWC" loves to bitch and complain that a guy they like isn't being pushed or is never used or they they are tired of Cena and Orton and say they are on top b/c of the kids and their parents, i say to you if you want it to change you can make it CHANGE b/c Cena and Orton are at the top b/c they sell and who buys their stuff the kids and their parents but yet the people that bitch about their fav not being pushed or used properly wont buy 1 single thing of that wrestler or "superstar" and really that is why they are not being pushed b/c no1 buys their stuff

daverende5
10-02-2011, 07:38 AM

True, Hogan was a much better superman. The whole world knew him. Not so much for Cena. I think Cena has a bit more ring skills, but Hogan had way more charisma in promos etc.

Tommy Thunder
10-02-2011, 07:41 AM
I wouldn't say the IWC has a hard on for Kofi.

I'll say Zack Ryder.
The guy's good, but is he as good as we all make him out to be? probably not. But I genuinely think he deserves a chance to break out, since he's better than a lot of guys.

Krow132
10-02-2011, 08:31 AM

-Bull dog
-Powerslam
-Anaconda Vice
-GTS

Wait what? When the hell has Punk done a Powerslam to someone like Cena? Oh uhm, never? If you're going to say Punk uses the "Five moves of doom" at least pick moves he actually uses. Like the Slingshot Clothesline, Springboard Crossbody, etc. And since when has he successfully locked in the Anaconda Vice for an extended period of time? Breaking Point I think.

Krow132
10-02-2011, 08:42 AM
And this not the place or time to bitch about the "IWC" even I pointed out that sometimes I don't agree with calling us that but it's the easiest way to address everyone who likes Wrestling and is consistently on the internet reading or typing about it.

the-rocks-stunner
10-02-2011, 11:42 AM
That would imply the IWC loves him; which by the way, as a majority, we don't.

really no 1 likes him i'm shocked

evilgenius780
10-02-2011, 01:23 PM
The most over-rated?...without a doubt...Barry Horowitz!

AWrestlingGod
10-02-2011, 02:07 PM
i always thought the most overrated was john morrison

benchch
10-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Chris Jericho on his last run. He was decent. But he has been better. Codebreaker wtf? I know ill get torn to shreds for that tho.

Zack Ryder. TLIS is cool but all he does is complain about his ex on it. Stanford Ziggler even the big O make that show. Santino Marella is a better funny man and better wrestler imo. If santino had his own internet show the world would end from too much awesome.

maar13
10-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Simple put, everyone an none at the same time.

Why? Simple, for every Cena hater, there is a supporter, for every Rock fan, there is someone who wishes he never came back. For every single Daniel Bryan supporter and Kurt angle supporter, there will be someone who find them not as great or as someone boring and another a drunk guy.

So people around the net won't come to an agreement at all if that is what you all are looking for.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Mark Henry. Extremely limited in the ring, one dimensional as both a face and heel, and very predictable promos in my honest opinion.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Wait what? When the hell has Punk done a Powerslam to someone like Cena? Oh uhm, never? If you're going to say Punk uses the "Five moves of doom" at least pick moves he actually uses. Like the Slingshot Clothesline, Springboard Crossbody, etc. And since when has he successfully locked in the Anaconda Vice for an extended period of time? Breaking Point I think.

I believe he used it on Cena in MITB, but completely agree with you. That kid has no idea what he is talking about.

wrestlingfan66513
10-02-2011, 09:18 PM
I agree with the statement of being awesome doesn't equate charisma. However I think that there are people who can get over without charisma (Chris Benoit, Bret Hart, Dean Malenko-had one of the biggest pops in the history of WCW) and I think Daniel Bryan is one of those. I would have liked to seen Barrett get the briefcase too but I'm not upset that Daniel Bryan has it, I just believe that it was Barrett's time

This is a different time though. You had more adults watching WCW back then who cared about in ring talent. Today its mostly kids in WWE who like flashy stuff.