PDA

View Full Version : If you could change the forum

IPOOPINTHEBATH
09-30-2011, 06:05 PM
What would you do?

Personally I'd start by making it easier to backtrack to the board you were just on. It's a pain to have to go back to the index every time.

I'd throw in a strike out font to complement the bold, italicized, and underlined ones.

I'd add a metric fuckton more ranks, and give mods the ability to hand out custom ranks.

I'd change the smilie set from the generic blah we have now to the set that contains these (and more): http://ngrthugmansion.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif http://ngrthugmansion.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif http://ngrthugmansion.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

I'd put a 50 post count requirement on new users to make a thread (except in the bottom two boards and the "Hi I'm New" board) and I'd set a limit on how many threads you can make per board per day (pauauauauauauauaudrian).

I'd gut the Raw/SD/PPV sub boards from the WWE section as they're completely pointless. Same for the TNA ones. Maybe keep a spoilers board open, but that's it.

Fire Bodom (I KEED I KEED)

Iron Ape
09-30-2011, 06:08 PM
I'd implement some sort of I.Q. test in the registration process.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
09-30-2011, 06:29 PM
Hahahaha, even setting the limit at 60 would smarten up the community.

Asherdelampyr
09-30-2011, 06:31 PM
make it a wrestling trivia test, with all essay answers

IPOOPINTHEBATH
09-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Grammar and spelling count.

Asherdelampyr
09-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Grammar and spelling count.

exactly
That way, we may still get the same pointless arguments that happen now, but they will be easier to read.

xAzureSkye
09-30-2011, 07:20 PM
I'd make the post-counts ACTUALLY mean something. Like, if you get up to 20 posts, you can now be able to create threads or if you get up to 1,000 posts, you can change your name to anything you want.

Post counts do mean something, they mean you are on this way too much lol

VanHooliganX
09-30-2011, 07:38 PM
"^^^^^^^ This" As a taboo. Just quote and say you agree and possibly add something they missed to make your post mean something more, not essential because the quoted could include everything you wanted to say but a little effort goes a long way.

Double posting and upwards. This is my pet peeve. I remember seeing idiot post 3 pages worth of just him in a row on the WWE related game. Seriously wtf, it's called the edit button! If it doesn't relate to your first post then you make get away with it, otherwise use the button!

A wider selection of smilies. Not a lot but more than 11 at least.

Probably would add a games section, we get a lot more gaming theards in the tea sport than music threads in the music section.

A few forums, for example the SomethingAwful forum, had a post count changer. The GBS (General Bull Shit) section actually takes down your post count by 1 for every post, whilst others don't improve it at all. This would seriously stop the option of postwhoring if tea spot for example had this.

The Mods are fine as they are. In truth I was a little confused as to why Iron Ape was given Mod (Nothing against Ape, you're brilliant guy who I enjoy reading on here) since we have enough Mods but he and all the Mods are good at doing there job and keeping the peace.

All I can think of currently. I believe thats enough for now. Shame no changes will happen.

IrkenInvader
09-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Most of these suggestions are pretty damn good.

I say once you reach 'Black Ninja' status you can create your own status.

Iron Ape
09-30-2011, 08:29 PM
The Mods are fine as they are. In truth I was a little confused as to why Iron Ape was given Mod (Nothing against Ape, you're brilliant guy who I enjoy reading on here) since we have enough Mods but he and all the Mods are good at doing there job and keeping the peace.
Panda, unfortunately, stepped down from her position, so there was a void.

SLEEPY LOCO1
09-30-2011, 08:31 PM
Take out the "senior member" status and raise the "normal member" staus to 200 or 250 post count.

thejman93
09-30-2011, 08:46 PM
bring back "senior memberer"

Tomsta666
09-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Having more than the top 20 results when you click "new posts"

Bodom
09-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Why do I have to be fired?

Reichwulf
09-30-2011, 09:23 PM
Instead of the chat button, have a built in widget that you can auto chat into, while looking at forums

IrkenInvader
09-30-2011, 09:26 PM
bring back "senior memberer"

Wasn't one of them 'memeber'

IrkenInvader
09-30-2011, 09:26 PM

Because its always your fault.

Bodom
09-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Because its always your fault.

But we blame SG.

VanHooliganX
09-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Panda, unfortunately, stepped down from her position, so there was a void.

Ah, See I didn't know that. I'm usually not on when shit hits the fan on here.

THEKEVINBRAND
09-30-2011, 10:07 PM
whatever is changed on here won't affect me as much, i'll get used to it quick

IrkenInvader
09-30-2011, 10:19 PM
But we blame SG.

We blamin you nigga!

broc808
09-30-2011, 10:24 PM
I think we should have a thread for the live chat rather than just the chat box with a thread for it, it would allow us to get into more in depth analyses with rather than just quickly typed reactions

IPOOPINTHEBATH
09-30-2011, 10:28 PM

Because I love you so much but Frank strictly forbids Mod/Member relations.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
09-30-2011, 10:29 PM
I think we should have a thread for the live chat rather than just the chat box with a thread for it, it would allow us to get into more in depth analyses with rather than just quickly typed reactions

Well, you could just make a live discussion thread. I prefer the chat because you miss less of the PPV checking what people have said.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
09-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Double posting and upwards. This is my pet peeve. I remember seeing idiot post 3 pages worth of just him in a row on the WWE related game. Seriously wtf, it's called the edit button! If it doesn't relate to your first post then you make get away with it, otherwise use the button!

Fuck you, I triple post whenever I want.

Bodom
09-30-2011, 10:31 PM
Because I love you so much but Frank strictly forbids Mod/Member relations.

Haven't we been through this before? You're not my type.

IrkenInvader
09-30-2011, 10:32 PM

You can't deny your chemistry with him/her.

VanHooliganX
09-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Fuck you, I triple post whenever I want.

I know you do. It makes you look realyl cool as well. Keep up the good work!

(Sidenote: Anything italic may or may not be a complete lie.)

IPOOPINTHEBATH
09-30-2011, 10:37 PM

That's what they all say before the rohypnol.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
09-30-2011, 10:38 PM
I know you do. It makes you look realyl cool as well. Keep up the good work!

(Sidenote: Anything italic may or may not be a complete lie.)

OH YOU! You are just soooooooo clever!

VanHooliganX
09-30-2011, 10:40 PM
OH YOU! You are just soooooooo clever!

Thank you. That makes 1 of us.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
09-30-2011, 10:42 PM
http://ngrthugmansion.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

PandaMassacre
09-30-2011, 10:45 PM
More freedom to add layouts/music to your profiles along with a small section on your profile for accomplishment badges. :)

^^^--- I always thought that the profiles were getting kind of bland an lifeless. The forums are cool for a long while but after a number of days you really have to start thinking about other ways to keep the older an newer members attracted to this website when the sheer thought of wrestle-talk loses its charm.

IrkenInvader
09-30-2011, 10:50 PM
More freedom to add layouts/music to your profiles along with a small section on your profile for accomplishment badges. :)

^^^--- I always thought that the profiles were getting kind of bland an lifeless. The forums are cool for a long while but after a number of days you really have to start thinking about other ways to keep the older an newer members attracted to this website when the sheer thought of wrestle-talk loses its charm.

Screw new users, I like the old ones better. Bring back Viper, Scottland and WWTNA.

Sully
09-30-2011, 11:12 PM
A few things actually. First of all I wish that when you clicked the "Forum" button on the top, it'd expand to show all the sections in a pop up sort of menu (without opening a new window or tab), that way we wouldn't have to keep clicking so many extra times to get to certain sections. We could go from a thread in the WWE section, to the ROH section without having to click on the forum button again, going to a different page, and then finding the section there.

I'd also wish we added more HTML codes, and more color options. Such as a "Spoiler" tag. Of course all wrestling spoilers would still be against the rules regardless of if they're in the spoilers or not, but for movies or television shows, it'd be a good way to prevent ruining the film for anyone else. It could also be used to mask very large images, so they don't expand the post. Or if someone makes a rather large post, and would like to break it down farther, then can use the spoiler tags.

One more thing, is bring reputation to the forums. I know a lot of different forums that have user reputation, which is represented with a green or red bar, based on how certain people rate their posts.

I'm not sure what Forum software is used for ewrestlingnews, and thus I am not sure of how much you can do, but if you can do either of those things it would make the forum a much better place.

broc808
09-30-2011, 11:16 PM
A few things actually. First of all I wish that when you clicked the "Forum" button on the top, it'd expand to show all the sections in a pop up sort of menu (without opening a new window or tab), that way we wouldn't have to keep clicking so many extra times to get to certain sections. We could go from a thread in the WWE section, to the ROH section without having to click on the forum button again, going to a different page, and then finding the section there.

I'd also wish we added more HTML codes, and more color options. Such as a "Spoiler" tag. Of course all wrestling spoilers would still be against the rules regardless of if they're in the spoilers or not, but for movies or television shows, it'd be a good way to prevent ruining the film for anyone else. It could also be used to mask very large images, so they don't expand the post. Or if someone makes a rather large post, and would like to break it down farther, then can use the spoiler tags.

One more thing, is bring reputation to the forums. I know a lot of different forums that have user reputation, which is represented with a green or red bar, based on how certain people rate their posts.

I'm not sure what Forum software is used for ewrestlingnews, and thus I am not sure of how much you can do, but if you can do either of those things it would make the forum a much better place.

we actually do have a forum jump it's located right below the number of pages in a thread

IPOOPINTHEBATH
09-30-2011, 11:17 PM
Expandable spoiler tags would be great. The other board I go to has those, and you're right they are very handy for masking large images as well.

User rep would destroy me. I'd inevitably wind up negative, and then get worse than I already am because I became obsessed with seeing how negative I could get it. Per post would be cool. The old 1up.com boards used to have 1-5 star rankings for posts and they were pretty popular.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
09-30-2011, 11:18 PM
I would love this. It would get rid of the post-whoring bullshit that people love to do.

Once again, I think I (and a few others *cough*Necro, Irk*cough*) would become obsessed with having the most negative posts.

IrkenInvader
09-30-2011, 11:33 PM
Once again, I think I (and a few others *cough*Necro, Irk*cough*) would become obsessed with having the most negative posts.

Either way Imma have the biggest numbah.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
09-30-2011, 11:37 PM
You should join me and Necro and see who can get the lowest Prediction Contest score for HIAC.

IrkenInvader
09-30-2011, 11:48 PM
You should join me and Necro and see who can get the lowest Prediction Contest score for HIAC.

Easy, predict Santino to win every match.

KJ PUNK
09-30-2011, 11:54 PM
Why should teaspot posts be counted as negative? What about efed posts? Those should be too if you do that.

IrkenInvader
09-30-2011, 11:59 PM
Why should teaspot posts be counted as negative? What about efed posts? Those should be too if you do that.

Exactly, the entire JBW roster is a bunch postwhores.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
10-01-2011, 03:37 AM
Easy, predict Santino to win every match.

No no no, you gotta actually pick one of the real choices, and Necro declared NIGHTMARE MODE so you can't pick No Contest.

Rated_R(ob)KO
10-01-2011, 03:51 AM
Exactly, the entire JBW roster is a bunch postwhores.

HEY!.... Hey.... hey.... *

You're right. :(

Tomsta666
10-01-2011, 06:43 AM

Kind of a bit disrespectful to Auto, who (I think) puts in all the work for the prediction contests donchathink?

eboy
10-01-2011, 07:00 AM
What would you do?

Personally I'd start by making it easier to backtrack to the board you were just on. It's a pain to have to go back to the index every time.

I'd throw in a strike out font to complement the bold, italicized, and underlined ones.

I'd add a metric fuckton more ranks, and give mods the ability to hand out custom ranks.

I'd change the smilie set from the generic blah we have now to the set that contains these (and more): http://ngrthugmansion.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif http://ngrthugmansion.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif http://ngrthugmansion.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

I'd put a 50 post count requirement on new users to make a thread (except in the bottom two boards and the "Hi I'm New" board) and I'd set a limit on how many threads you can make per board per day (pauauauauauauauaudrian).

I'd gut the Raw/SD/PPV sub boards from the WWE section as they're completely pointless. Same for the TNA ones. Maybe keep a spoilers board open, but that's it.

Fire Bodom (I KEED I KEED)

I'd did change the Forum i invented the Efed Zone

eboy
10-01-2011, 07:01 AM
Kind of a bit disrespectful to Auto, who (I think) puts in all the work for the prediction contests donchathink?

ahmen to that

IrkenInvader
10-01-2011, 09:43 AM
No no no, you gotta actually pick one of the real choices, and Necro declared NIGHTMARE MODE so you can't pick No Contest.

Its changed since the last time I checked it out. I'm gonna run some recon on it, maybe I'll join you.

IrkenInvader
10-01-2011, 09:45 AM
Because the E-Feds aren't just some random topics like the Teaspot is. You have people who post-whore on the E-Fed threads but its nowhere near the post-whoring that goes on in the Teaspot.

Says the guy with the most post in that thread.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
10-01-2011, 02:53 PM

How so? Our's will be easier to score, creating less work for him.

broc808
10-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Difference between post-whoring random crap in a thread and posting in a thread. Also, seeing as I made the JBW thread, obviously i'm going to have the most posts.

exactly dubs but really guys I think it's all just a number that you can get by posting anything I hate that people could judge someone off of there post count when you can get it by postwhoring in the tea spot or in the e feds but either way your post count doesn't really change anything

broc808
10-01-2011, 03:00 PM
How so? Our's will be easier to score, creating less work for him.

well auto may take his contest seriously and only want people to seriously try but he might not care but either way I think you should consult him about it before doing it

Asherdelampyr
10-01-2011, 03:07 PM
exactly dubs but really guys I think it's all just a number that you can get by posting anything I hate that people could judge someone off of there post count when you can get it by postwhoring in the tea spot or in the e feds but either way your post count doesn't really change anything

if someone is judging you strictly by the number of posts you have made, that person is a moron

the Tea Spot seems like it is the place for postwhoring, though I would suggest changing the name
and adding a special section for polls

broc808
10-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I don't get that either. I don't care if you are a Fresh Member or a Black Ninja, if you're posts are great and if you are easy to talk to, then you are a respectable member IMO.

yes like we always say over here Quality over quantity

really this has never applied to me considering more than half of my posts are in the e feds but I try to post in the WWE section as much as I can

IPOOPINTHEBATH
10-01-2011, 04:04 PM
well auto may take his contest seriously and only want people to seriously try but he might not care but either way I think you should consult him about it before doing it

Necro did a low score last month. I really don't see how he would even care in the slightest if two out of the over one hundred people in the contest decide to go for low scores instead. Seriously, it's like you're bitching because someone wants to go to the BACK of the lunch line. "HEY HEY, YOU BETTER ASK THE LUNCH LADY I DON'T KNOW IF THAT'S ALLOWED!"

KJ PUNK
10-02-2011, 10:21 PM
I would also make TNA marks not be able to post in the WWE thread and vice versa.

VanHooliganX
10-15-2011, 02:58 PM
I would make the avatar size bigger.

How much bigger are you suggesting?

Tomsta666
10-15-2011, 03:00 PM
I want to see every new post when I press the "new posts" button. Not just the twenty most recent!

Asherdelampyr
10-15-2011, 03:08 PM
I would also make TNA marks not be able to post in the WWE thread and vice versa.

because there isn't anybody who enjoys watching and discussing both shows, right?

I would put in a "Rants" section. A good rant is a cathartic experience.

Asherdelampyr
10-15-2011, 04:57 PM
A rant section would kick ass.

Which reminds me, we need more forum sections like a debate section, Sig and avatar maker section, EWN awards section etc...

I agree with all of those
especially since it may let me find someone that can make the signature and/or avatar that I want, cause I seriously lack picture talent

Sully
10-15-2011, 05:37 PM
I'd like more emoticons, or at least a different set of them. I would change the fact that whenever you search a term in the post and click on a thread title, that it goes to that post instead of the first page. Similar to the last one, when you search certain peoples latest posts, I wish that it'd be reversed in the matter of, whenever you click on the arrow it takes you to the post, and when you click on the title it goes to the first page.

Some of the section names bug me, but now I'm just being picky.

A rant section would be unique, but maybe as an alternative we can just make a thread for everybody's rants.

Edit: Sadly there is a lot more that I wish we could change...so I'll probably be back here more often as it comes back to me.

KJ PUNK
10-15-2011, 10:32 PM
because there isn't anybody who enjoys watching and discussing both shows, right?

I would put in a "Rants" section. A good rant is a cathartic experience.

I'm not talking about people who discuss both shows. I'm talking about people like that Juvenile Junkie guy who just makes threads in the WWE section to troll. And a lot of people do it in the TNA forums, although I rarely read them so I don't post in them often.

IrkenInvader
10-15-2011, 10:35 PM
A rant section would kick ass.

Which reminds me, we need more forum sections like a debate section, Sig and avatar maker section, EWN awards section etc...

Why have a section for that? We already do that in the current ones.

TheDevilsAdvocate
10-16-2011, 09:15 AM
Why not? If people like to debate about certain topics, there could be a section for them to do that, just like a rant section where people could let out their frustration on something.

It would be nice to have an advice section on here. I support this idea.

Sully
10-16-2011, 01:27 PM
This http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab57/The_Sullinator/Untitled-6.png

God Dammit...whatever that hell it's doing to my picture, THAT too. Just open the picture in a new tab and you'll see what the issue is. Not that big a deal...but still...

IPOOPINTHEBATH
10-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Why have a section for that? We already do that in the current ones.

BCUZ THEN WE CULD GET ALONG N EVRY UTHER THRED!!!

Why not? If people like to debate about certain topics, there could be a section for them to do that, just like a rant section where people could let out their frustration on something. I can also see the debate section turning into a fun little game where we have posters debate against one another and have other posters/judges judge who won the debate.

That sounds like a thread, not a board.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
10-16-2011, 03:39 PM
I would make the avatar size bigger.

I support this.

IrkenInvader
10-16-2011, 04:57 PM
This Sully's big ass pic.

God Dammit...whatever that hell it's doing to my picture, THAT too. Just open the picture in a new tab and you'll see what the issue is. Not that big a deal...but still...

What cutting off part of what your trying to see? Yeah, I hate that it won't re-size large images.

SLEEPY LOCO1
10-16-2011, 05:08 PM
I would allow nudity in sig pics, avatar pics, and other pics. No video though there is alot of sickos here that would turn this into a porn site.

IrkenInvader
10-16-2011, 05:09 PM
I would allow nudity in sig pics, avatar pics, and other pics. No video though there is alot of sickos here that would turn this into a porn site.

Not gonna happen and I prefer it doesn't.

Sully
10-16-2011, 05:11 PM
What cutting off part of what your trying to see? Yeah, I hate that it won't re-size large images.

The picture is a good example, but in the picture it cuts off some of the section names too. In the groups area awhile back it also overlapped, and in the calender sometimes you can't see certain dates on Birthdays on the very right side.

This cannot happen due to legal issues and underage children that post here. EWN could get into some really deep shit if we allowed any form of nudity here.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
10-18-2011, 07:44 AM

Sig'd. FYI.

Asherdelampyr
10-18-2011, 12:38 PM

There are several different issues with that
1 people reading this site at work/in public places
2 the astounding number of people on this site that are under 18
3 It's a wrestling site, if you want naked people so bad there is the entire rest of the internet to see it on