PDA

View Full Version : Your Sporting Philosophy

eboy
09-30-2011, 02:48 PM
So whats your personal sporting Philosophy on how its played and Taught here is mine

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i enjoy sport when its light harted and jokey i see no point in shouting and moaning at people if they mess up its should be a Nuturing enviroment not just in technique but also as a Person as a Rugby Player myself i've realised my preformance improved alot when i felt comfortable and freindly with the Team and the coaches when you have a bond your gonna work harder for your mates on the pitch

VanHooliganX
09-30-2011, 02:55 PM
So whats your personal sporting Philosophy on how its played and Taught here is mine

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i enjoy sport when its light harted and jokey i see no point in shouting and moaning at people if they mess up its should be a Nuturing enviroment not just in technique but also as a Person as a Rugby Player myself i've realised my preformance improved alot when i felt comfortable and freindly with the Team and the coaches when you have a bond your gonna work harder for your mates on the pitch

Good offense is a great defense.
When in doubt, 4-4-2.

Whilst i'm watching?
If neutral teams are playing: (like the superbowl) Enjoy the match for what its worth, possible route for the underdog if I can feel that they want the victory more.
If 1 of my weaker teams are playing: (Like Jaguars or the Suns) Enjoy that I get the chance to witness a match with 1 of my teams, I can't really watch a lot of there matches so it's a nice treat to stay up til stupid O'clock to just watch them.
If 1 of my stronger teams are playing: (Like Man City, Canucks and maybe the Brewers if they keep winning) Hope to god that this is finally the year 1 of my teams wins the big 1. I just want a good performance for all players with no weak links so I can at least say if we lose, we lost to the better team on the night. But most of all scream the house down when we score/win.

Automatic
09-30-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm Dutch, so beauty before results. No foul play.

Asherdelampyr
09-30-2011, 03:34 PM
Try as hard as you can to win, while still being able to look at yourself in the mirror later.
win with honor, and be gracious in victory even as you are in defeat

pauadrian
09-30-2011, 03:57 PM
i dont like football to be called soccer

jordan1995
09-30-2011, 04:25 PM
i dont like football to be called soccer

i agree with this ..and i love foul play .as most of us do in the north east of england ..dirty play, bad tackles ,heart in sleave = passion

pauadrian
09-30-2011, 04:28 PM
i agree with this ..and i love foul play .as most of us do in the north east of england ..dirty play, bad tackles ,heart in sleave = passion

lmao
my friends and i are very passionate for the sport
and get mad when we dont like what we see

Necroyeti
09-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Suppose you were given a keyring with a hundred keys on it, only one of which would unlock the door that opens into all that you want to be, as a player. How many of those keys would you be willing to try?

Every single one, right? Then that means you should be willing to make mistakes to achieve your goals, willing to accept a 99% chance of error to improve yourself as a player.

Anyone who claims to only be in it to win it all the time? They would be standing in front of that door forever, afraid to try the first key. Their inner perfectionist would be too afraid to fail.

broc808
09-30-2011, 04:56 PM
for me it's all about being competitive and loving the game you play, I'm a big football (NFL) fan so the guys that I always like are the guys who where it on there sleeve and don't care about anything else as long as they win I can understand some people would rather play a less competitive more relaxed game but for me it's all about winning

eboy
09-30-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm Dutch, so beauty before results. No foul play.
somebody missed the World Cup final :P

for me it's all about being competitive and loving the game you play, I'm a big football (NFL) fan so the guys that I always like are the guys who where it on there sleeve and don't care about anything else as long as they win I can understand some people would rather play a less competitive more relaxed game but for me it's all about winning

Yeah we have noticed :P

VanHooliganX
09-30-2011, 07:45 PM

1 person doesn't show how a whole nationality plays and acts.

I can promise you, not all english refs are like Howard Webb, who was to really blame for the whole of the world cup final.

Well said. I cannot stand people like Theo Walcott. I could go and shake his hand and he'd dive. He should grow some balls and get stuck in and play proper football.
I'm not for 2 footed dive tackles since the result could be disturbingly bad but everything else should be fine.

Automatic
10-01-2011, 11:29 AM

That tournament was the first time we actually played to win it. I'm not happy with what happened, but that was the fault of both teams and somehow only we got blamed.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-01-2011, 11:41 AM
That tournament was the first time we actually played to win it. I'm not happy with what happened, but that was the fault of both teams and somehow only we got blamed.

The Spanish National team are a lot like Barca, they can do no wrong in a lot of people's eyes! The way they play takes focus off some of their less than 'sportsman like' conduct!!

Automatic
10-01-2011, 12:05 PM
The Spanish National team are a lot like Barca, they can do no wrong in a lot of people's eyes! The way they play takes focus off some of their less than 'sportsman like' conduct!!

I know. Just because they have brilliant moments, people don't see that they are equally irritating as other teams. It bugs me quite a lot.

eboy
10-01-2011, 01:12 PM

World Cup final emotions would be running high you can understand it from both teams

Automatic
10-01-2011, 01:22 PM
World Cup final emotions would be running high you can understand it from both teams

Offcourse, this was a first time for both teams, with the whole world watching, so the pressure must have been immense.

pauadrian
10-01-2011, 11:05 PM
mexico got screwed against argentina

Wade Barrett 1979
10-02-2011, 08:37 AM
I tell you what does piss me off, this current philosophy in this country that they teach kids it doesn't matter who wins at sports, taking part is the main thing! In order to protect kids from the feeling of loosing?!?! Yeah because everyone goes through life winning at absolutely everything and no one ever suffers some disappointment from time to time!!!

VanHooliganX
10-02-2011, 08:51 AM
mexico got screwed against argentina

Yep. How the fuck goal line technology wouldn't help us is beyond me. Seems everytime its dismissed stupidly its needed the following week.
Cricket, tennis and Rugby(which is a fast paced sport) have all benefitted from it.
Englands match against Germany could of been a whole different ballgame with Lampard goal counting (probably not, but the possibility is there)

I tell you what does piss me off, this current philosophy in this country that they teach kids it doesn't matter who wins at sports, taking part is the main thing! In order to protect kids from the feeling of loosing?!?! Yeah because everyone goes through life winning at absolutely everything and no one ever suffers some disappointment from time to time!!!

Any wonder why we never do brilliantly in sports we haven't created. Cause of bullshit like that. I love the Olympics only funded in sports we did well in 2008 olympics. We're completely fucked in Archery and other misc sports then.

There are more lessons in defeat than there is in victory.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-02-2011, 09:04 AM
Any wonder why we never do brilliantly in sports we haven't created. Cause of bullshit like that. I love the Olympics only funded in sports we did well in 2008 olympics. We're completely fucked in Archery and other misc sports then.

There are more lessons in defeat than there is in victory.

I really do fear for our sporting future!!
Great quote there!!

steveorton
10-05-2011, 12:26 PM
I know many people say just have fun and I love sports don't get me wrong but I believe in competition and winning. I play to win.

Sully
10-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Now I'm talking about American Football, because it's the only sport I can relate to, but I suppose what I say can relate to other sports. Now, based off of your philosophy, I think that should be the style, but only in certain environments.

In other words, up to at least High School. Pee wee Football and Middle School football should not have coaches yelling at children, of course that is often found anyways in most areas.

High School and College are difficult to explain. There is no reason to yell and shout, but at the same time people get so worked up over it. I don't mind the yelling and shouting, they're big boys and they can handle it. At the same time though, the wins don't mean much. In High School there are fans around the community that look up to the team, and are interested in wins. At the same time, there are also players that can grow up and be somebody good.

At the same time look at it this way...the coaches get paid to win games...when kids don't win games they get fired and they don't get paid. Plus the success of the football team gives the school state money as well, when it comes down to it. Same goes for College sports too, except in college there is even more pressure.

In the NFL it nearly combines the reasons for winning in College and High School into one, plus more. First of all, NFL is based all around on making money and winning games. Add the other factors that if coaches don't win they don't keep their jobs, and you have the sole reason why coaches get so worked up over games.

Yelling is the most common way to getting an idea into someones mind, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Many people think yelling is not needed, that goes from football to raising a child. Either way though, yelling tends to have worked over the years, and that is one of the main reasons coaches do it, plus they're usually stressed out as well. Plus it's also hard to hear, whether they're on the field or in the locker room.

What isn't needed though, is for the coach to be an asshole. A coach can be aggressive, and a coach can yell. What a coach doesn't have to do is be mean. That is a bad coach...a coach can be a nice guy and be a good coach. He doesn't need his players to hate him in order to win games, often times that can lead to having bad games. Then again sometimes it can work, it really all depends on their own style.

American Football is a very intense and interesting sport.

TheBeardOfZeus
10-06-2011, 03:06 AM
I would play to always win.

I would be expecting them to work hard, for each other, and in that will become the ideal team philosophy. Team bonding will always help, and learning when they need a shoulder to cry on and when they need a right good hairdryer.

I love to play wing football (soccer), push up and pressure the ball, work hard and I would probably incensed if a player got sent off.

It's getting a good mix. Bonding with the players so they would trust you, but also not stepping the boundary so you lose their respect and treat you as one of the lads.

God I'd love to be a manager.

pauadrian
10-06-2011, 11:02 PM
I would play to always win.

I would be expecting them to work hard, for each other, and in that will become the ideal team philosophy. Team bonding will always help, and learning when they need a shoulder to cry on and when they need a right good hairdryer.

I love to play wing football (soccer), push up and pressure the ball, work hard and I would probably incensed if a player got sent off.

It's getting a good mix. Bonding with the players so they would trust you, but also not stepping the boundary so you lose their respect and treat you as one of the lads.

God I'd love to be a manager.

do you know how hard it is being a manager well its pretty damn easy in fifa

Tommy Thunder
10-07-2011, 07:01 AM
Football (soccer) is the main sport I play competitively. My main position id right-back, but I can also play anywhere else across the back, def. midfield, and on the right wing.
When I'm on the pitch, I let my feet do the talking. I don't shout much, and I try and lead by example (I try and be like a Paul Scholes type quiet man). BUT, I play hard too. As a defender, I make my tackles mean something. When I go in, I really do go in. I was nicknamed 'the shin-shredder' in high school, due to injuring 3 people during my 'career' (something I'm not proud of at all). More often than not, my slide tackles are successful, but when I miss-que, you better make sure your leg is out of the way, or I will hurt you.

I've also done my fair bit of managing, and when I'm on the sidelines, I'm very vocal. i'll shout at players if I see fit, no matter who they are. It's important to stamp your authority on a team, and to get the best out of a team, you'll need to shout at players from time to time, even if they're your friends.

I much prefer playing to managing though.

No_1eddiefan
10-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Going all out for the victory. Who plays to lose?

I'm quite a passionate guy at football in particular, and I take everything serious, even a kickabout with the lads. Also, if something isn't perfect, I'm always complaining about one thing or another. Then again, I am a Leeds United fan.

At the same time though, I try to be as sporting as I can be. If somebody is plain better than me on the day, I'll shake their hand and say 'well done.' All the while thinking about how I can beat them next time.

So yeah, go all out for the win, but if you don't get it, congratulate the other person and strive to be better.