PDA

View Full Version : Abyss

Dameduse823
10-10-2010, 02:24 AM
When I started watching TNA Abyss was a gigantic monster that followed James Mitchell around and destroyed everyone in his path. He didn't talk, he didn't blubber, and he didn't tremble in fear. He was in my opinion the definition of what a wrestling monster should be.

Then Sting came in and got him to talk which at first was cool, but then he went from being this big unstoppable monster to this guy who was constantly giggling and scared of his own shadow. Next Hogan showed up and turned him into a wanna be Hogan who was obsessed with a magic ring. And now he's become a fanatic for some unknown group who dresses like he's homeless and rambles on pointlessly.

My question is, would it have been better for abyss's character and career if he had just kept his mouth shut an stuck to being a monster?

dreamer1971
10-10-2010, 03:35 AM
just another case of writers thinking they have a good idea and not admitting it stinks

brad9993
10-10-2010, 04:17 AM
I think his run with "janice" and his pyscho gimmick is possibly his best, apart from james mitchell.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I'm a huge mark for Mick Foley and in some ways I feel abyss is a less than stellar imitator. The magic ring with Hogan was a debacle in my eyes. For some reason maybe im too old but i don't believe in magic rings unless your a hobbit from middle-earth and you have a gay wizard guiding you how to overcome the evil of the Necromancer A.K.A Sauron. Without a doubt James Mitchell added to his character and the sooner they bring that evil looking dude back the better. That man scares me and every time I see him i want to recite the rosary for some reason. On to Michael Manna A.K.A Stevie Richards in my opinion he should be a clerk at a Target store and never should have enterd the squared circle in the first place. When your in a storyline with this tomato can you know you pissed off someone in upper management. The Therapy feud with Dr. Stevie hurt Abyss in more ways than i can imagine. Manna is selling cell phones for a company named PhoneFusion right now and i hope he is better at selling phones than he was a wrestler. Now i know who to talk to when i need a new cell phone, thanks Stevie. One reason i like Mick Foley so much is every weapon he had, he could use. For example he would use a baseball bat wrapped with barbed wired and he would even set the damn thing on fire to punish his opponent. As for Janice if Abyss used that thing for real he would be on death row awaiting his injection. Don't insult my intelligence by using a weapon no one in their right mind would use off screen and then show someone (RVD) in a bloody mess afterward. When i saw that on impact i almost got up and dialed the phone for an amber lamps. NOT!!! I know rasslin is a show but come on, that's f'n insulting and rasslin doesn't need that nonsense does it? I'm not saying Mick Foley started hardcore and everyone after him is a imitator all im saying is Abyss is trying to live up to the greatness that Mick Foley is but instead he should try to be the best hardcore monster he can be and I think with James Mitchell by his side that is a winning combination not only for him but for the fans. U MAD???

this is for my SHOWERHEADS out there. It seems some little kid A.K.A d-bag is using the screen name 1PEEINTHEHSHOWER and is using my picture as well. So Please look closely at the name and remember the real IPEEINTHESHOWER (me) has over 80 post and the impostor 1PEEINTHESHOWER has 3 or 4. They say "Imitation Is The Best Form Of Flattery" but in the end it shows your lack of originally and in some ways its just plain sad. I will end this as i always do, FROM THE STATE CAPITAL TO THE NATIONS CAPITAL TO THE PINEAPPLE TO THE BIG APPLE THERE WILL ONLY BE ONE IPEEINTHESHOWER. WORD!!!!!!!!

marc
10-10-2010, 11:05 AM
The current Abyss storyline is not as good as the one with James Mitchell, but at least he's not trying to be Hogan. Abyss-a-maniacs???? Give me a break!

cetotheizzo
10-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Yep abyess should have just stayed a monster that was the one thing that TNA had going for them, that he was unstoppable. Then i could overlook the fact that he was just a combation of mankind and kane, and it didn’t matter how good his wrestling abilities were because he was just going in there and destroy everyone. Now I’m like really, you put together 2 very good wrestlers in kane and mankind and your still failing.

vital12345
10-10-2010, 01:13 PM
I think this storyline for abyss is great because it is building tention for 10.10.10 wich is today,,, i am really on the edge of my seat when i watch TNA and i cant wait to see who they are who abyss is talking about.

NecroButcher187
10-10-2010, 01:52 PM
TNA wants Abyss to be a main event mainstay, and you just can't do it without talking. Period. Remember when Paul Heyman debuted Brock Lesnar as this ass-kickin', mute warrior?? Well, they soon realized to have this guy as one of the faces of their company he had to speak. Same with Abyss. Yes he did kick ass w/ James Mitchell. Now imagine how better it would be with the return of Mitchell and a vocal Abyss. They could cut some priceless vignettes and take the character of Abyss to a whole new plateau. Regardless of if Mitchell returns or not, for Abyss to be a steady main eventer, and a staple of TNA in the future, his speaking was necessary and inevitable.

merhardt03
10-10-2010, 06:35 PM
I totally dig the abyss of today. As far as belivability goes its not very realistic but imo thats what makes some of the greatest wrestling monsters. Its just evolution of the character. Its not 2002 its 2010. I think monsters need to evolve for interest