PDA

View Full Version : Booker T to Feud With Cody

wrestlingfan66513
09-29-2011, 09:13 AM
It is expected that Booker T will have a match with Cody Rhodes at Vengeance. I think a win for Cody would be great as getting over as a main event heel. Since Rey picked Cody to feud with and put him over at WM, Cody has been a much more credible heel. He beat Orton on Raw a while ago and is the Intercontinental champion. I like to see him hold the belt longer and defend it more against tougher opponents, Ted is okay but he isn't built up enough. There are not to many faces on Smackdown at the IC title level for Cody to compete with unless Kane and Show comes back. Thoughts and Opinions.

Tommy Thunder
09-29-2011, 09:22 AM
This is great IMO, and for 2 reasons.
Cody gets to go over a vet, and therefore get over as a main eventer.
Booker T is getting back in the ring. Something I've been waiting for since he got back to WWE. Booker is in incredible shape for his age, and can still go, WWE should utilize him as a wrestler before moving him into a commentating position.

This feud could be great with some very good wrestling.

The_Awesome_One
09-29-2011, 09:24 AM
This is great IMO, and for 2 reasons.
Cody gets to go over a vet, and therefore get over as a main eventer.
Booker T is getting back in the ring. Something I've been waiting for since he got back to WWE. Booker is in incredible shape for his age, and can still go, WWE should utilize him as a wrestler before moving him into a commentating position.

This feud could be great with some very good wrestling.

Agreed for two reasons, Booker sucks on comentary and two there are more than enough commentators as is.

I'm really worried though that they are dropping the ball on Dibiase agian

CGBigMan
09-29-2011, 09:24 AM
Agreed
this is a great way to make cody seem like a main eventer and put him over
althoguh depending on how long it lasts booker will win atleast 1 match
not that its a problem

rss3004
09-29-2011, 09:34 AM
As long as Booker puts Cody over, it'll be a good feud and will finally solidify Cody as a main eventer.

BlazersDozen
09-29-2011, 09:39 AM
I think for this to happen, Rhodes will drop the belt to DiBiase. Then get put over by Booker & chase the WHC afterwards.

Rich Cranium
09-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Booker should definitely put Cody over since he doesn't have anything else to prove. We all know he not only is a former 5 time WCW champion but was in one of the greatest tag teams in Harlem Heat. A win for Cody would be the right step forward. Now can you dig it, wait... wait for it...SUCKAAAA!

rss3004
09-29-2011, 10:57 AM
How about a feud FOR the IC title?

Y2J___Y2J
09-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Could be interesting ....

Robareid
09-29-2011, 11:48 AM
I think this should mean Cody loses the IC title, I think that would be good, he needs to be near the main event, give Ted the IC belt, ne needs it a lot more

LuckIsForLosers
09-29-2011, 11:59 AM
I think for this to happen, Rhodes will drop the belt to DiBiase. Then get put over by Booker & chase the WHC afterwards.

What he said...

1) Cody needs to drop it to Ted. For me Cody is the best heel on Smackdown, even more than Christian, and is probably the best thing going on Smackdown period. Ted DiBiase is another wrestler that has bags of talent if you ask me. Really, they shouldn't have had him eliminated by the mask like Sheamus was so that he wasn't "dismissed" in the battle royal. He should get a non-title victory over Cody this Friday on Smackdown and then beat him for the title at HiaC. For me, IC title has already put over Cody - now Ted needs it. Then, Booker T, a legend in this business, puts over Cody, who chases WHC, culminating in a triple threat match at Mania: Cody v Randy v Danielson for the WHC. I've been saying since the Legacy days that both should be future world champions: they have the age, look and talent to do it,especially Rhodes.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-29-2011, 01:21 PM
I agree with the general consensus on here, that if it's to put over Cody and elevate him, then all the better! I do think, however, that he can still be pushed toward the WHC, whilst retaining the IC! This would continue to make the belt look more prestigious, plus I personally don't feel Ted is up to it yet!!

Jags
09-29-2011, 01:23 PM
I first expected an Orton/Rhodes feud taking Orton out of the title picture for a while, but a feud with Booker I think is a better idea elevating Rhodes one of the biggest heels on Smackdown.

Tommy Thunder
09-29-2011, 01:36 PM
I first expected an Orton/Rhodes feud taking Orton out of the title picture for a while, but a feud with Booker I think is a better idea elevating Rhodes one of the biggest heels on Smackdown.

I think it would be a good idea to have Orton out of the title picture for a while, but anything that means Booker is in the ring as opposed to behind the commentary table is good for me.

Robareid
09-29-2011, 01:37 PM
I think it would be a good idea to have Orton out of the title picture for a while, but anything that means Booker is in the ring as opposed to behind the commentary table is good for me.

Quoted from the truth

BlazersDozen
09-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Keeping the belt on Rhodes while in a non title fued with Booker would be ignorant & wasting two other guys on SD who could be doing a program with them IC on the line while Rhodes is fueding with Booker. I don't think it'd be a good idea to put Booker in a fued with Rhodes for the IC belt because either way you slice it, it makes one of them look very weak.

Rhodes retains - Booker is washed up. First of all, he is a 6 time World champ & living legend so why would he be chasing this belt & NOT the WHC?!

Booker wins it, Rhodes wins back - Back where Rhodes was all along

Rhodes retains prt 2. - Would have to move onto another fued with a guy far underneath Booker's status & will have to LOSE to this person in order to take the WHC. Killing all momentum of getting put over by Booker.

Now, you have it non title with Booker causing the reason DiBiase wins it as a great official start to the storyline & Rhodes takes care of Booker in two matches (original match then rematch) & Rhodes is riding high & moving straight into a fued with Randy or Sheamus for the WHC.

Oh yeah, if it is for a belt then i'd agree with Rhodes V. Booker for the WHC. Have Rhodes say how he's going to be a better champion than Booker was because he won't lose it to another company & how he'll make it more prestigous & mock Booker then continue from their non title fued.

Los Conquistador
09-29-2011, 01:45 PM
i'm not a real fan of codys mic work
its decent but nowhere main event yet

his ring work is pretty damn good but that won't take you to the top
(i.e. Shelton Benjamin, Dean Malenko, not the Great Khali unfortunately)

jethro
09-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Looking forward to this potential feud

A.Graham
09-29-2011, 01:54 PM
It could easily happen and it would be great for both Cody and Booker. Cody's "baggers" have been giving bags to Booker every week so he could eventually snap and Cody could attack him for not putting the bag on. Cody needs to be pushed to the moon he is the best thing going on Smackdown at the minute he's been a favourite of mine every since his Legacy days.

Bodom
09-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Just don't piss and moan if this never happens.

Grain of salt lads.

JamFran
09-29-2011, 03:20 PM
I see some potential in a feud between the two... If done correctly of course

jordan1995
09-29-2011, 03:23 PM
trying not to get my hopes up incase this doesn't happen !

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-29-2011, 03:41 PM
What would they have to go on? Is this going to be a "spilt Diet Soda" kind of feud? The only opening I can see is for Booker T to snap when Cody Rhodes' minions hand him a bag to put on his face.

Tommy Thunder
09-29-2011, 03:48 PM
What would they have to go on? Is this going to be a "spilt Diet Soda" kind of feud? The only opening I can see is for Booker T to snap when Cody Rhodes' minions hand him a bag to put on his face.

I guess that's indeed how it will start. Like you say, I don't see any other way of this feud starting.

AOF666
09-29-2011, 03:49 PM
I would really like to see Cody Rhodes get his revenge on Orton, but being the WWE, it is not going to happen!

The Brown One
09-29-2011, 04:42 PM
If this news is true, then the Smackdown writing staff are going to have to be creative about it. If Cody is feuding with Booker, who will Ted feud with over the IC title? If they just give the title to him right now, while hes undeserving, it won't make sense. I say let someone beat Cody for the title whos reasonable established, and have them feud with Ted for a while, with Ted winning the title in the end. If they just hand it to him, it will be pointless.

Bob Bowman
09-29-2011, 07:28 PM
The grandson of a plumber needs to be built up a little more for him to be a believeable World Champ. If he does fued with Booker T., they need at least three matches. The first one with Booker coming on top. the second one Cody. The final match Cody cheating without needing to win. Have him do a major beatdown on Booker for Ted Dibease to make the save. Set up a Intercontinental title with Booker helping Ted win. Booker and Cody fight again, with cody getting a convincing win over booker to finally bring him to main event status. That is all.....

Androo
09-29-2011, 10:53 PM
NO! NO! Nu-uh! NO! Nu-uh! NO! No-one should ever go over Booker T! NO! The King! My fellow Brit, the Monarch of my Realm! NO! Thadeus Long better not make this match with this peasant! Aww heyllll NOOOO!!!

All hail King Booker! All hail King Booker! All hail King Booker! All hail King Booker! All hail King Booker! All hail King Booker! All hail King Booker!

I'm joking. Could be good! :cool::cool:

zrdt12
09-29-2011, 10:59 PM
i'm not a real fan of codys mic work
its decent but nowhere main event yet

his ring work is pretty damn good but that won't take you to the top
(i.e. Shelton Benjamin, Dean Malenko, not the Great Khali unfortunately)

Cody's mike skills are far and above any non-main eventer right now and the 'E is really lacking talent. It's a no brainer to push him to the main event.

I personally thought it would be a good idea to have Booker T take the belt from Henry before any talk of Booker back in the ring happened. Could easily write him in to defend the King getting atked by Henry. It would be a short reign and put Cody over, most likely in a triple threat w/ Orton to stir a great feud with Orton/Rhodes.

AreYaSerious
09-29-2011, 11:14 PM
As long as Booker beats that piss poor excuse of Cody Rhodes. Sorry but Rhodes is annoying on the mic. He is terrible

LuckIsForLosers
09-30-2011, 03:39 AM
Cody's mike skills are far and above any non-main eventer right now and the 'E is really lacking talent. It's a no brainer to push him to the main event.

I personally thought it would be a good idea to have Booker T take the belt from Henry before any talk of Booker back in the ring happened. Could easily write him in to defend the King getting atked by Henry. It would be a short reign and put Cody over, most likely in a triple threat w/ Orton to stir a great feud with Orton/Rhodes.

What he said. Cody is top notch in the ring and very, very solid on the mic. Shelton and Malenko didn't go to the top because they had NO mic skills and in malenko's case, didn't look like a champ.

Cody's mic skills are very good, he has the look and in-ring he is amazing. This will be enough to push him to the top.

I'm a HUGE fan of Booker, always have been. But if they seriously book Booker T to face Cody for the WHC, they are inane. If they book BOoker v Cody, Booker MUST lose, uncleanly if need be, but lose nevertheless.

BlazersDozen
09-30-2011, 06:24 AM
As long as Booker beats that piss poor excuse of Cody Rhodes. Sorry but Rhodes is annoying on the mic. He is terrible

Ironic that your name is AreYaSerious