PDA

View Full Version : WWE Vintage Collection

Robstar
10-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Does anyone else but me watch this show?:confused: Thought I'd start a thread on it.

Was nice to see The Killer Bees on this week. What a blast from the past. I had forgotten Ken Patera's 'comeback'. Also good to hear Superstar Graham on commentary - he wasn't bad.

Does anyone know if Fuji was legitimately injured in the Demolition & Fuji vs Strike Force & Ultimate Warrior match? He got carried out of there mid match.

It's funny watching the opening of this show, it's like a who's who of people who haven't pissed off Vince enough to pretend they don't exist. Yet.

Necroyeti
10-09-2010, 11:34 PM
I have like three episodes of this recorded off TV for a rainy day, it's certainly a criminally underrated show.

The last episode I watched had an "obscure WWF titles" theme and featured guys like Tiger Mask I, Eddie Gilbert, Jumping Bomb Angels, The Glamour Girls, Antonio Inoki and proper old-school Ted DiBiase. Probably the best hour of televised wrestling I had seen in months.

Can be hit or miss though, like that recent "before they were famous" episode that showed mega-superstars in obscure jobber matches and a WCW Steve Austin match.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Yes sometimes I will watch the wwe vintage collection but that is not why I wrote this post. When you use the word vintage i can only think of of one man and his name is Michael Cole. Here is a collection of his catchphrase only he can do. Yes I am a Cole miner. U MAD???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrR9T5Rb_5Q&feature=related

infinite wisdom
A smoking section in a restaurant is like a peeing section in a pool

Robstar
10-10-2010, 07:39 PM
I agree, some weeks are huge letdowns. I like seeing the old WCW stuff and hoping there'll be more AWA matches and WCCW.

Robstar
11-25-2010, 04:13 PM
This week saw the end of the month I thought would never end, the Survivor Series recap month. As is it wasn't enough that a few weeks ago they showed Barry Horowitz against one of the Bodydonnas in a 'build-up' match, this weeks show gave us almost the whole SS match. Yawn. Aside from some truly terrible mullets from Bob Holly and Horowitz, I had to witness that ball sac, the 123 Kid win the damn thing.
Another truly sloppy match was the 3 way tag title match of The Headbangers vs D'Lo & Mark Henry vs The New Age Outlaws. Not even sure what the rules were and I'm pretty sure none of the wrestlers did either. Mark Henry was much lighter back then!
The Main even was the Undertaker/Yokozuna casket match. How many managers do you need at ringside? Bearer, Fuji, Cornette? Yoko must have needed 2 managers cos he was so big. And the list of cameos! Chuck Norris as 'special enforcer', King Kong Bundy, IRS, Bam Bam Bigelow and Jeff Jarrett all managed to work themselves in there. The crappy 'rest in peace' logo, complete with 'Takers face on the massive casket was a dead giveaway to the ending

Necroyeti
11-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Yeah, this Survivor Series themed month reminded me just how much I loathe Survivor Series style matches.

SaberToothTigerz
11-26-2010, 02:51 AM
i dont watch the last week's recaps or vintage waste of time..

Robstar
11-26-2010, 01:19 PM
i dont watch the last week's recaps or vintage waste of time..

Oh yeah, ignore the past, that's being a devoted fan. Remember you said that

Bodom
11-26-2010, 03:22 PM
I agree, some weeks are huge letdowns. I like seeing the old WCW stuff and hoping there'll be more AWA matches and WCCW.

Do you get ESPN Classic? They air AWA stuff all the time. That's where I watch it.

Robstar
11-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Do you get ESPN Classic? They air AWA stuff all the time. That's where I watch it.

No, we don't have that here, or if we do it's not in our current package.

One more thing, Saber, why did you bother commenting here if you don't watch it. If you need to hear the sound of your keyboard, start a thread. That's what I do :)