PDA

View Full Version : Jon Jones vs ?

Rich Cranium
09-28-2011, 07:30 PM
If Dana White came to you and asked who you would like to see face Jones and that it could be anyone from a weight class higher or lower than Jon's if that person can cut/add weight, who would be your choice? And do you think they could win?

Anderson Silva?
Cain?

Don't even say Brock as I can't see him getting that low. :)

SLEEPY LOCO1
09-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Jon Jones vs Anderson Silva would be sick.

Subject Zero
09-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Cant see it being Silva the knock out power and speed of Jones would be too much. It would be a good fight but cant see it happening.

Brandon Vera could be a good match. Or Maybe even giving Bader another go.

The only way i see Jones losing at the moment is by quick KO. But the guy seems to have a pretty solid jaw on him and his defensive stance is sooo hard to break through.

I honesty cant think of anyone who could beat him if they go past the first round. Maybe Rashad maybe.

Its a shame Liddell is too old would of been an awesome fight.

Kenny_Penfold
09-28-2011, 07:40 PM
If Dana White came to you and asked who you would like to see face Jones and that it could be anyone from a weight class higher or lower than Jon's if that person can cut/add weight, who would be your choice? And do you think they could win?

Anderson Silva?
Cain?

Don't even say Brock as I can't see him getting that low. :)

Anderson Silva would be an exciting fight because of the unpredictabilty. I think Silva would get frustrated if he couldn't get near Jones with his rapid movement. When Rampage was attacking him at the end of the second round or maybe the third and put together a flurry of quick and powerful punches, Jones just rolled his body and ducked from the shots and made Rampage look stupid. It reminded me of the way Silva mocks his foes and leaves them grasping at thin air. He wouldn't let Silva rest either and would be all over him because fighters (bar Sonnen) tend to stand off him but Jones would attack from all angles. The huge reach advantage of Jones would be key and he can really scrap as he destroyed Shogun round after round. He's got the submissions to put Silva in trouble and that would be amazing. You'd have to fancy Silva because of the experience but Jones winning wouldn't be an upset for me.

Rich Cranium
09-28-2011, 07:42 PM
Cant see it being Silva the knock out power and speed of Jones would be too much. It would be a good fight but cant see it happening.

If Silva were to move up a weight, I think with his counter striking technique, he would be a huge challenge for Jones. The Spider like Jones is a pure genius in the Octagon.

Subject Zero
09-28-2011, 07:42 PM
Anderson Silva would be an exciting fight because of the unpredictabilty. I think Silva would get frustrated if he couldn't get near Jones with his rapid movement. When Rampage was attacking him at the end of the second round or maybe the third and put together a flurry of quick and powerful punches, Jones just rolled his body and ducked from the shots and made Rampage look stupid. It reminded me of the way Silva mocks his foes and leaves them grasping at thin air. He wouldn't let Silva rest either and would be all over him because fighters (bar Sonnen) tend to stand off him but Jones would attack from all angles. The huge reach advantage of Jones would be key and he can really scrap as he destroyed Shogun round after round. He's got the submissions to put Silva in trouble and that would be amazing. You'd have to fancy Silva because of the experience but Jones winning wouldn't be an upset for me.

That was a druggy fight though i was cheering on Sonnen and when i found out he tested positive i lost all respect for him. Its a shame really.

Rich Cranium
09-28-2011, 07:46 PM
My dream fight before was GSP vs Silva but now it's Silva vs Jones.

Subject Zero
09-28-2011, 07:48 PM
My dream fight before was GSP vs Silva but now it's Silva vs Jones.

GSP wouldnt ever fight outside his weight division again and i doubt Silva would lose weight.

Kenny_Penfold
09-28-2011, 07:49 PM
That was a druggy fight though i was cheering on Sonnen and when i found out he tested positive i lost all respect for him. Its a shame really.

Oh yeah I don't have any respect for the drug business but I'm just saying that you have to smother Silva like that to really put him under pressure. I was cheering on Sonnen too but now I wouldn't mind seeing Stann bury him.

Rich Cranium
09-28-2011, 08:57 PM
GSP wouldnt ever fight outside his weight division again and i doubt Silva would lose weight.

Yeah, he would be better off moving up a class as moving down could possibly make him weaker. I know this because I wrestled in high school at 125 pounds and my coach wanted me to wrestle a match against a future state champ at 118 pounds. Needless to say, I felt anorexia sick and got rolled up rather quick!

S.E. Zero
09-28-2011, 09:05 PM
I would choose Rashad Evans. Same weight class, former champion and his speed would do well against Jones but Jones' power would the factor that would give him the edge over Evans as both are good strikers and work the ground well.

HBK
09-30-2011, 12:12 PM
I would choose Rashad Evans. Same weight class, former champion and his speed would do well against Jones but Jones' power would the factor that would give him the edge over Evans as both are good strikers and work the ground well.

Jones fight's Evan's next and i would pick Evans just b/c of the history but Silva would be next, anyways Evan's and Jones used to train together and agreed that they would NEVER fight each other but when Jones won the belt and he was asked if he would fight Evan's he said he would, which then lead to Evan's leaving HIS OWN CAMP! and Jones pretty much taking over.

Androo
10-07-2011, 01:19 AM
UFC 140. A bout between Jon Jones and Rashad Evans was briefly linked to this event. However, an injury will cost Evans a bout with Jones for the second time, as Jones is now expected to face Lyoto Machida at the event. - From Wiki.

Sucks about Rashad, that coulda been a good fight. But I like the The Dragon, so good to see him in this match. I'd like to think Machida could challenge Jones with his Karate and Jiu-Jitsu, but Jones is pristine, so I dunno.

Kenny_Penfold
10-07-2011, 08:24 AM
UFC 140. A bout between Jon Jones and Rashad Evans was briefly linked to this event. However, an injury will cost Evans a bout with Jones for the second time, as Jones is now expected to face Lyoto Machida at the event. - From Wiki.

Sucks about Rashad, that coulda been a good fight. But I like the The Dragon, so good to see him in this match. I'd like to think Machida could challenge Jones with his Karate and Jiu-Jitsu, but Jones is pristine, so I dunno.

Bones vs Machida? I fucking knew Rashad was a bottle job. Joe Rogan was like "you've still got your cast on and Evans said "it's okay dude the pins are coming out next week." He then pretends the fight is going ahead and when he does have the balls, Jones will break his Bones. I know Jones had to pull out previously but I don't think Rashad has a prayer. I worry for the Machida fight though because it's a nothing event. We're going to have another lesson from Jones and him putting Machida on his arse. Machida was supposed to destroy Shogun and be able to stay away from the bombs. Shogun knocks him out. Jones then humiliates Shogun and teaches him a lesson. It's a complete waste of a fight and don't tell me him beating Couture that he's a contender. I don't hate Rashad by the way I just think he should know his level.