PDA

View Full Version : David Otunga

DonzelDomination
09-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Am I the only one who likes this guy.....
at least somewhat
he's not very good in the ring but it looks like (to me at least) he's getting better
Plus he rocks a bow-tie!!!

zrdt12
09-28-2011, 06:28 PM
I think so.

The only saving chance is that he becomes a good kayfabe laywer. Please don't wrestle or talk too much Otunga.

Tay Moran
09-28-2011, 06:30 PM
honestly his wrestling ability is fine imo, i mean i cant see him wrestling a 20+minuet match but hes got good mic skills and the look the WWE wants. and it doesnt hurt that his wife is famous.

Steve Austin
09-28-2011, 06:43 PM
I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really dislike him ;)

Wade Barrett 1979
09-28-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm sorry but no, he's just awful all round! He's more wooden than a forest, he's terrible on the mic, he's about as exciting as watching paint dry and when I saw him in that bow tie on Raw, I just wanted to put a screwdriver in my temple! He wouldn't even be there, if it wasn't for his wife!!

Giddy
I actually somewhat enjoy Otunga. I mean he is moderate at best in the ring, but in a managerial role I think he'd thrive.

capn-edu
he should stay with michael
period

jethro
09-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Finally wwe utilize the lawyer degree gimmick...for now and i hope it goes somewhere,i enjoy his work.

Dude573
09-28-2011, 07:02 PM
I don't think he his that bad, a few years ago it looked like he was the rookie they wanted to push, like when he GM'd raw, but something obv went wrong. Apart from that, I do like him, though I would rather see more Kid, Drew, Gabriel, Hawkins and such, other than him.

SESAfro
09-28-2011, 07:03 PM
I am more surprised of this thread than the Alicia Fox.

On topic: You probably one of few, or no, people that like him. He may have the look, but really isn't watchable to me.

ihearvoices
09-28-2011, 07:05 PM
at least somewhat
he's not very good in the ring but it looks like (to me at least) he's getting better

I like him i believe if WWE allowed him to be more of himself they would have something going for him. As far as his wrestling skills they are average at best just like most built guys nothing too technical. His mic work i wouldn't know but when he speaks off camera he does seem to be entertaining i think its more of WWE not allowing him to be himself. He is a working progess i think it has to do with alot of the people apart of the IWC being more into guys who are Technical Wrestlers like the Dainel Bryans, Cm punk & william Regal. So guys like Cena/Otunga/Batista who are not Technical Wrestlers are consider guys who cant wrestle which is far from the truth.

URATOOL
09-28-2011, 07:08 PM
at least somewhat

His movements are stiff, his move set is limited, he has a face you wanna punch and he looks to inflated. We all ready have Cena. Why have they given us a black version? Knowing our luck he'll get teamed with Darren Young and given a tag title run!

Wade Barrett 1979
09-28-2011, 07:16 PM
So guys like Cena/Otunga/Batista who are not Technical Wrestlers are consider guys who cant wrestle which is far from the truth.

I'm not sure if I believe this is the case!! At least Cena and Batista have charisma and good mic skills! Plus I have been more impressed with Cena recently, his matches with Punk show he can do more with the right opponent!!

Otunga just has nothing, no positives whatsoever!'

Rich Cranium
09-28-2011, 07:18 PM
Lots of various opinions here. :)

On topic: I think now is the time to showcase his lawyer skills and to use them to step up his game. If he doesn't well, at least he will have knocked the dust from his bow ties for when he goes back to the firm.

Firm, hmmmmmmm, could he start a faction of sorts with Cody and Ziggler called the firm? Nahhhhh. :)

wrestlingfan66513
09-28-2011, 07:19 PM
I just don't like him all around. He is boring and only there because of his wife. There are so many guys from NXT that could do a lot better than him.

Rilla
09-28-2011, 07:21 PM
I think he's pretty decent on the mic. He'd be a good manager using 'law' to get his person what he wants them to have.

ihearvoices
09-28-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm not sure if I believe this is the case!! At least Cena and Batista have charisma and good mic skills! Plus I have been more impressed with Cena recently, his matches with Punk show he can do more with the right opponent!!

But look how long Otunga been in WWE and what they have had him doing he hasn't done anything Solo yet. And then look how alot of guys start in WWE alot of guys start off Real Weak on the mic and also not always good in the ring. So maybe it just me but i think he has alot of time and space to grow if given a chance. BTW look at Rtruth a year ago all of you mostly hated him and thought he was a waste but now he is in a major feud and one of the most entertaining people on Raw. It just proof that sometimes it takes time and also allow wrestlers to be more of themselves then a gimmick.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-28-2011, 07:34 PM
But look how long Otunga been in WWE and what they have had him doing he hasn't done anything Solo yet. And then look how alot of guys start in WWE alot of guys start off Real Weak on the mic and also not always good in the ring. So maybe it just me but i think he has alot of time and space to grow if given a chance. BTW look at Rtruth a year ago all of you mostly hated him and thought he was a waste but now he is in a major feud and one of the most entertaining people on Raw. It just proof that sometimes it takes time and also allow wrestlers to be more of themselves then a gimmick.

I'm just going to have to agree, to diagree with ya! :0P I just really don't think he has anything going for him and has little to no potential! I've always liked Truth to be honest, from his earlier stint in the 'E' as KKwik, through Ron Killings in TNA and Truth now he's back! Back when he was KKwik, you could see he had at least some potential! Nothing wrong with a gimmick if it works, I think Truth is more of a gimmick now, than he's ever been! Anywho it was VKM, who came up with 'Lil Jimmy' :0P

Necroyeti
09-28-2011, 07:35 PM
He's a useless piece of shite, that boy. Unsalvagable.
http://i.imgur.com/Uqw0d.png
^ My face when Otunga is on my television screen.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-28-2011, 07:40 PM

Ha! Straight to the point, no pissing about! I like it :0P

SESAfro
09-28-2011, 07:46 PM
That face = priceless.

tchocky360
09-28-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm happy to see how he does with a bit of time.
It's too easy to slate him because he's not great right now.
He has improved since his debut, so I'm happy to keep giving him a chance and see where he goes with it.

Some people expect way too much too quickly, patience people.

johnnydropkicks
09-28-2011, 09:17 PM
holy shit tay moran is like the first guy that I have seen ever say anything good about otunga.

nice. I agree that Otunga's got mic skills he just needs his gimmick.

tnafanwwehater
09-28-2011, 09:48 PM
honestly his wrestling ability is fine imo, i mean i cant see him wrestling a 20+minuet match but hes got good mic skills and the look the WWE wants. and it doesnt hurt that his wife is famous.

see that bold statment...its the only reason why hes in the wwe >>

zapphoman
09-28-2011, 11:31 PM
I'm sorry but no, he's just awful all round! He's more wooden than a forest, he's terrible on the mic, he's about as exciting as watching paint dry and when I saw him in that bow tie on Raw, I just wanted to put a screwdriver in my temple! He wouldn't even be there, if it wasn't for his wife!!

(trying to catch his breath after laughing so hard) You are good a man sir.

Edit Post: Honestly I hate Otunga. I've hated him since the beginning of NXT and I am not planning on changing my mind anytime soon.

OldSchoolHeel
09-29-2011, 03:35 AM
am i the only one who likes this guy.....

yes.........

Wade Barrett 1979
09-29-2011, 03:44 AM
(trying to catch his breath after laughing so hard) You are good a man sir.

Edit Post: Honestly I hate Otunga. I've hated him since the beginning of NXT and I am not planning on changing my mind anytime soon.

Cheers for that!! Yup he really is a waste of skin!!

zapphoman
09-29-2011, 04:06 AM
Cheers for that!! Yup he really is a waste of skin!!

BTW I gotta tell ya, that is an awesome sig you have there.

Oh crap, I don't want to be confused for a Troll...huh DAVID OTUNGA SUCKS!!!

BlazersDozen
09-29-2011, 04:21 AM

How much of that was Cena & how much of that was Punk? Go back & see who was calling the shots in the matches & I bet it was Punk.

As far as Otunga...he has def progressed from his NXT days on the mic. I really liked his work last Monday but I'll reserve my opinion until after I see how well he works with this gimmic.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-29-2011, 04:34 AM
How much of that was Cena & how much of that was Punk? Go back & see who was calling the shots in the matches & I bet it was Punk.

As far as Otunga...he has def progressed from his NXT days on the mic. I really liked his work last Monday but I'll reserve my opinion until after I see how well he works with this gimmic.

The point I was trying to make with Punk and Cena, was in reference to a conversation I was having that I don't automatically hate guys like Cena, Batista and Otunga just because they aren't perceived as great technical wrestlers! Cena and Batista have/had other things to offer, whereas Otunga (and this is just personal opinion) is God awful with no saving graces!! I don't rag on Cena et al just for the sake of it!

Wade Barrett 1979
09-29-2011, 04:36 AM
BTW I gotta tell ya, that is an awesome sig you have there.

Oh crap, I don't want to be confused for a Troll...huh DAVID OTUNGA SUCKS!!!

Cheers dude! D.Bryan just seems to have some of the best sigs going!! :0P

tchocky360
09-29-2011, 06:08 AM
Cheers dude! D.Bryan just seems to have some of the best sigs going!! :0P

Shame not the best spelled though :P some of the aggression is lost when "you're" is used instead of "your" in it.

Now as a Harvard Law Graduate, Otunga wouldn't make those kind of simple errors :D

Wade Barrett 1979
09-29-2011, 06:41 AM
Shame not the best spelled though :P some of the aggression is lost when "you're" is used instead of "your" in it.

Now as a Harvard Law Graduate, Otunga wouldn't make those kind of simple errors :D

Ha! Very true, it still looks good though :0P

It's a pity his time spent at Harvard, wasn't spent instead getting decent ring skills, decent mic skills, a decent look or even a personality!!

The_Awesome_One
09-29-2011, 07:19 AM
Fire him a bring back masters simple, both have great bodies but masters can actually to a certain degree wrestle,

LuckIsForLosers
09-29-2011, 07:20 AM
What happened to Abraham Washington?

Seeing Otunga's "promo" this past week on Raw reminded me of him for some reason

LuckIsForLosers
09-29-2011, 07:22 AM
Fire him a bring back masters simple, both have great bodies but masters can actually to a certain degree wrestle,

Masters is a douche for namedropping JTG in his "why are certain people still in the company?" rant. Any respect I had for the man vanished after this. Whether JTG sucks or not, that's unprofessional as a Jeff Hardy drugs binge :)

PS: Your sig is brilliant!

benchch
09-29-2011, 07:40 AM
While he's been wrestling i've been going gtfo my screen! even when he was abusing the king it was damn boring. But last week backstage I believe that did suit him. He looked believable. Probly cos he wasnt trying to get heat from the crowd

Y2Jryder
09-29-2011, 08:07 AM
The only reason why he is in the WWE is because of his wife. not because he can wrestle or has mic skills.

PersonalPet98
09-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Amen to that brother!~!

The only reason why he is in the WWE is because of his wife. not because he can wrestle or has mic skills.

Y2J___Y2J
09-29-2011, 11:27 AM
His mic skills are decent.. but he's not exciting in the ring.. Mid Card title at best in his career I would think..

Jags
09-29-2011, 02:58 PM
I do not like or dislike him, I just think many more Superstars are more entertaining than this guy.

Sorry, he just needs something original to stand out and entertain me.

JamFran
09-29-2011, 03:05 PM
I can see some potential in this guy if he truly wants it... He needs some major work in the ring, but he does have natural charisma, at least imo

Rich Cranium
09-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Maybe he can use his lawyer skills to help Jimmy Uso.

LMPunker
09-29-2011, 05:26 PM
i like that they seem to give him his own personality instead of mr jennifer hudson he is very average in the ring but has every chance of improving just dont like that he uses his real name and joe henning has to michael mcgilicutty am intruiged to see where this goes and as they have never done a wrestler lawyer gimmick so atleast its new a different

K2Jelly
09-29-2011, 05:34 PM
He has the most potential to be WWE's biggest star out of all the young talent on the roster.

Tommy Thunder
09-29-2011, 05:48 PM
David Otunga is useless. Why? He can't wrestle. He can't talk (IMO). And he has no personality.
He's famous because of his wife, and that's the reason he was hired.

It'll be a sad day when he becomes a WWE champ.

Kenny_Penfold
09-29-2011, 07:39 PM
Hey I'm just saying. Just putting it out there. He's damaging the business with his shit gimmick, shit mic skills, shit personality and is generally doing nothing. That aside, I think Otunga's doing a great job. :p

Androo
09-29-2011, 10:57 PM
I think a bad boy, smuggish, greater inteligence, lawyer heel gimmick, could be what takes Otunga further up the roster. Ehhhh, mind you, with a bit more improvement though.

LuckIsForLosers
10-02-2011, 06:10 AM
David Otunga reminds me of The Miz kinda. When The Miz debuted as a wrestler on Smackdown, The Miz started out green and everybody thought "This kid is never going to make it in the WWE!" but The Miz grew in the business and was able to become the one of top WWE Superstars today. I see the same going for Otunga. He can't wrestle but he CAN talk on the mic and has a good gimmick going with the Harvard lawyer gimmick.

My point is don't be so quick to say "He isn't going to make it! Hes useless!" when hes just starting out in the WWE.

PREACH! Agree with this...let's see where he goes

Y2Jryder
10-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Never, and I mean NEVER compare Ortunga to Benoit.

zapphoman
10-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Never, and I mean NEVER compare Ortunga to Benoit.

Yeah I saw that comment and my head nearly blew up. Otunga doesn't even deserve to be in the same sentence as Benoit. (Looks at the sentence he just typed out, screams, and throws a glass at a wall.) see? them two being in the same sentence just put me into a rage.