PDA

View Full Version : WWE SummerSlam 2010 Thread

Frank
08-12-2010, 01:47 AM
Anyone ordering this? any thoughts? Excited or indifferent about this PPV? Usually one of the biggest ones of the year for sure.

jwt15
08-12-2010, 01:49 AM
imo the card is pretty weak but WWE hasnt been too good latly. I will not order but will check out the results I'm calling a Cena turn at the PPV

Mattdog12
08-12-2010, 01:50 AM
After watching raw this week, I have to say the ending has me intrigued, I will most likely buy it. But apart from the Team WWE vs Team Nexus Match, The card is looking quiet lackluster, which is a surprise seeing as it's basically the biggest PPV in the WWE(excluding wrestlemania)

The Leg-end Killer
08-12-2010, 01:53 AM
Apart from The Nexus match not at all intrested in it, I cant see anything but a Nexus loss because there all ready running out of steam with the storyline imho.

jwt15
08-12-2010, 01:53 AM
After watching raw this week, I have to say the ending has me intrigued, I will most likely buy it. But apart from the Team WWE vs Team Nexus Match, The card is looking quiet lackluster, which is a surprise seeing as it's basically the biggest PPV in the WWE(excluding wrestlemania)

Yea I agree, I think that the WWE needs to stop trying to help out Lindas campain and try to entertain the fans more they do still entertain me from tim to time though

JLeeDude1892
08-12-2010, 02:14 AM
I am going to a WWE SummerSlam Party.
Here's my opinions:
*Nexus VS Team WWE is going to be fairly good. I actually enjoy this storyline.
*Randy Orton VS Sheamus is going to be a very good match. Very hands on. I think Randy will get the Title. Classic match.
*Kane VS Mysterio. I'm not really looking forward to this match. We've seen this type of match so many times. The big dude VS the underdog. It's been done, it's over. I think Kane will go over.
*The Big Show VS S.E.S. Um, I think it's going to be alright. Of course S.E.S. isn't going to play fair, but Big Show can carry his own.
*Alicia Fox VS Melina. I pretty much think that Alicia will give the Title to Melina. I can't say that I like today's WWE Diva Product, but Melina is one of the best today. She will carry the match I think.
I hope I didn't miss anything, WWE doesn't have a full Card up yet.
I of course would not buy the PPV due to it might be a let down, you all know WWE's current product.
I do however think that it will be successful.

SgtGohan
08-12-2010, 04:42 AM
i dont expect much from summerslam, its a pretty weak card. the only matches im looking forward to are nexus vs team wwe and sheamus vs orton.

The Watcher
08-12-2010, 06:26 AM
You know what? I'm really not interested in this years SS, the card is woefully weak and, other than this weeks Raw, has had quite a crappy build up.

That said if Ziggler and Kingston are having a match on there I might buy it anyway, theres something about SS and the IC that makes me WANT to believe that its gonna be a great show.

Tommy Thunder
08-12-2010, 06:29 AM
there's going to be a six pack match for the IC title with Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, MattHardy, Christian, Drew McIntyre, and Cody Rhodes, this could be a good match i think as all the guys involved are good in the ring (this match is announced on smackdown this week, sorry if i spoiled that for anyone!)

Divas match: could not care less, wwe's divas division has gone to the dogs

laycool vs kelly and tiffany: again, don't really care (again this match is made on this week's smackdown, again, sorry for spoiling!)

Kane vs Mysterio: seen this match before, only interesting thing will be the appearence of undertaker and what he will do, i think kane will win to set up a match at night of champions between him and taker (and there is talk of having a HITC match between them at the HITC ppv too)

Big Show vs SES: again not really bothered abut it, possibly the end of the SES with Big Show winning? Although i don't want to see the SES split up

Randy Orton vs Sheamus: this should be a great match, orton is great in the ring, and sheamus has grown on me, he's doing a great job in my opinion. i predict an Orton win. Miz to cash in prehaps, setting up a orton/miz feud?

WWE vs Nexus: great storyline going on with nexus, and this should be a good match, the nexus guys are getting better by the week in my opinion, and there is plenty of talent on the WWE team with jericho, edge, and morrison. i'm hoping for a surprise entry to team wwe, i don't want to see miz or ted di-biase, i'm hoping for a one night only return for HBK, or if not, a return for Bryan Danielson!!

jsupe
08-12-2010, 06:51 AM
going to watch, only cause i'm watching it for free at a buddy's house

SgtGohan
08-12-2010, 07:35 AM
its stated in the rules that spoiling something results in a 5 day ban, so i wouldnt spoil stuff if i were you. plus you ruin it for people this way.

The Watcher
08-12-2010, 07:37 AM
I don't think mentioning a match is really a spoiler, announcing a title change or match results yeah, but announcing a match for a PPV?

Revelationx
08-12-2010, 07:37 AM
I would love to see it since its the Nexus vs Team WWE and I know that there's going to be a surprised ending, but I have to miss it since I'm going to a vacation this weekend :/
So I'm just going to check the results afterwards.

SgtGohan
08-12-2010, 07:39 AM
well yeah it is not really, but still i can imagine people would want to find out about themselves when they watch smackdown

Frank
08-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Hey Guys, I can see why that would be considered a spoiler. I guess I really mean when people post results and intentionally ruin the viewing pleasures of other audiences. But with that said, please do becareful.

Thanks

george
08-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Here's my run down of the card...

Sheamus (c) Vs Randy Orton:
I think the outside interference claus is meant to swerve a HHH return, but I think it'll still happen. HHH will distract Sheamus, not attack him I guess, and Randy Orton will be able to hit the RKO and he'll be the new champ.

Team WWE Vs Nexus:
Miz will replace Khali, but that won't affect the outcome of the match. I think Morrison is going to take a heel turn and join Nexus. He's been growing a beard and any change in appearance generally spells a turn (think back to Punk and his beard). His change will cost WWE the match.

Kane (c) Vs Mysterio:
Obviously The Undertaker returns and we start that feud.

The Big Show Vs Straight Edge Society:
Should end up being an OK match to watch, but it's definitely the weakest (other than the divas match). Straight Edge Society will win if they manage to keep together. I have a feeling Gallows is going to make a turn eventually. I don't know if that'll be tonight. Maybe too many turns.

Alicia Fox (c) Vs Melina:
Unless WWE is trying to go all TNA/RVD on us, I think Fox will hold the title.

As for the IC title match, whatever that may be, it's the age of Ziggler and we're just living in it lol I think he'll hold the title for a little bit, regardless of who's in a match with him.

Goldsmith1210
08-12-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm going to buy it. I'm hoping that Taker and HHH will be back. I also really want to see how the Nexus angle develops. I really hope that HHH will come back as a heel. Either that or Cena goes heel with Nexus. That would be epic. There will be 12-year-olds crying in their root beer.

SgtGohan
08-12-2010, 10:28 AM
There will be 12-year-olds crying in their root beer.

Epic comment right there.

i do hope miz cashes in on sheamus or orton though.

Bodom
08-12-2010, 11:11 AM
For a PPV that they're trying to build as the "Wrestlemania of Summer" it feels really weak and does't have that vibe

SgtGohan
08-12-2010, 11:14 AM
agreed, ppv's are getting worse and worse if you ask me.

Bodom
08-12-2010, 11:16 AM
They've going downhill ever since this gimmick crap and the price hike.

xAzureSkye
08-12-2010, 11:59 AM
laycool vs kelly and tiffany: again, don't really care (again this match is made on this week's smackdown, again, sorry for spoiling!)

you're not spoiling anything.. this match never happened this week on Smackdown!

Bodom
08-12-2010, 12:02 PM
I just want Laycool to go away. ASAP

Qwerty
08-14-2010, 01:52 AM
They've going downhill ever since this gimmick crap and the price hike.

Money in the Bank was awesome.

With that being said, I really hope Nexus goes over in their match. Them losing will do nothing, but kill any momentum they've gained over the last couple of months. I do expect this to be the main event, so it better be good.
Sheamus and Orton could be good too. I love watching Orton's match, the crowd eats up everything he does. The guy is about as over as you can get.

Guybrush_Threepwood
08-14-2010, 03:51 PM
I saw vince a couple of times having many reasons why the wwe buyrates are dropping and none of them involved the product geting worse. He blaming people watching it at a friends house , UFC and the economic downturn. Everything but the actual product.

For example You have guys like swagger, mcintyre and the miz three of the brightest stars in the WWE without a certain match cmon wtf is going on ? Instead of having ziggler vs kofi part 5 they should of thrown in a couple of other competitors like cody , matt hardy or mvp into the mix or make ziggler vs kofi a cage match or something. Why would you pay to watch kofi vs ziggler when they have had two matches long matches on previous smackdown's,cmon Be creative wwe .

sheamus vs randy orton and the nexus vs team wwe are the only good matches. The wwe has good wrestlers and talent but we never get to see them. jack swagger hasn't wrestled in three weeks , christian is getting buried . The wwe could of done a mini feud between swagger and christian so they could of had a match at summerslam but no not wwe.

Anyway i will get summerslam a miss , shame because mitb was really good the card lived upto the hype.

the_captain
08-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Undertaker's coming out of Kane's casket. That's my prediction right there.

eyehatecena
08-15-2010, 10:56 PM
I knew who would be the winner of the NEXUS/WWE match- way to predictable when it comes to WWE.... now as to whom the last person on WWEs team- well I did not see that comiing- I am happy though about who it was.

Tina293
08-16-2010, 04:48 AM
the summerslam ppv honestly sucked ass. i am really thankfully i didn't bother wasting my hard earned money on it.
the card was really weak (no surprises here) and the two matches that i was looking forward turned out to be stale. why have sheamus lose via dq? that's not the way to end a ppv match between two superior wrestlers. and why have nexus lose? yes daniel bryan returned, but the nexus is a fairly new group and a lose definitely hurt any momentum they had

SgtGohan
08-16-2010, 10:03 AM
goddamn the ending sucked.. could have been done alot better.

the_captain
08-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Undertaker's coming out of Kane's casket. That's my prediction right there.

Just sayin'.

Bodom
08-16-2010, 02:33 PM
Nexus needed the win to keep prancing around like they owned the place. After being beaten CLEAN, they'll just look like a bunch of babies. The win does nothing for Cena and destroyed Nexus.

the_captain
08-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Nexus needed the win to keep prancing around like they owned the place. After being beaten CLEAN, they'll just look like a bunch of babies. The win does nothing for Cena and destroyed Nexus.

Don't really agree with you there. A clean loss where they put up a hell of a fight can really put a team over as a legitimate threat. They knocked out everyone except for Cena. One on one.

SgtGohan
08-16-2010, 03:20 PM
meh, they did lose all their momentum now, wonder what theyre gonna do now. maybe an 8th man to step up their game

the_captain
08-16-2010, 03:34 PM
Don't think they really lost their momentum. They knocked off 6 "over" superstars, 5 of which would be considered a legitimate threat one on one.

Not saying I don't think the outcome of the match sucks, but I also don't think that they are knocked dead as a result of this.

I did figure at one point they would start recruiting non-NXT Season 1 wrestlers. Miz or Sheamus makes sense at this point, since Miz helped them out and hasn't really got into a direct conflict with them as of yet. And Sheamus has that "truce" with them.

Also, NXT season 2 is ending in a few weeks. Just keep that in mind.

Bodom
08-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Don't really agree with you there. A clean loss where they put up a hell of a fight can really put a team over as a legitimate threat. They knocked out everyone except for Cena. One on one.

My biggest gripe with it is Cena taking a DDT to the bare concrete and no less than 30 seconds later is pinning Gabriel and making Barret tap like nothing happened. He no sold it and made the two top Nexus guys (WWE seems to positioning Gabriel as Barret's 2nd man) look like goofs

the_captain
08-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Oh, no doubt Bodom. I hate Supercena as much as you do. I'm just saying, losing to Cena, knowing how unbeatable that he is, doesn't really destroy anyone's momentum.

SgtGohan
08-16-2010, 03:37 PM
i know that was complete bullshit..

the_captain
08-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Cena does have that habit. Orton punts him in the skull and he's up 5 minutes later. Whereas other people who have taken the punt have been out for months. It's really quite ridiculous.

Bodom
08-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Oh, no doubt Bodom. I hate Supercena as much as you do. I'm just saying, losing to Cena, knowing how unbeatable that he is, doesn't really destroy anyone's momentum.

That work's if you make them look strong in defeat, which they didn't.

Bodom
08-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Not even a flaming car can stop the man!

the_captain
08-16-2010, 03:46 PM
That work's if you make them look strong in defeat, which they didn't.

In this case, I'll agree with you. The no-sell after the DDT was terrible.

However, there were 5 other members of Nexus who were in the match before that occurred. Two went down to make Daniel Bryan look good. But for example, you can't say you think Skip Sheffield doesn't look like a threat now. I think that match did wonders to get him over.

Bodom
08-16-2010, 04:01 PM
In this case, I'll agree with you. The no-sell after the DDT was terrible.

However, there were 5 other members of Nexus who were in the match before that occurred. Two went down to make Daniel Bryan look good. But for example, you can't say you think Skip Sheffield doesn't look like a threat now. I think that match did wonders to get him over.

Oh absolutely. Sheffield looked ike a f'n beast and they've done well with them. It just that with Vince putting Nexus over in his shareholders meeting as being they story that we'll bring in money, Nexus needed to win. Don't care how, they just needed the win.

It's inevitable that Nexus was going to be fed to Cena, but they should have waited. Not at The Nexus' first PPV Main Event.

the_captain
08-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Then we're at an agreement! Haha.

I still think they can do interesting things with them. I feel like they are going to put them with some other WWE star. Jericho or Edge joining up or something similar. Like I said eariler, Miz or Sheamus makes sense too.

That, or Bryan could be an excellent "plant" from Nexus.

SgtGohan
08-16-2010, 04:43 PM
i'd say the miz is the one there looking for.

Bodom
08-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Im not sure what else there is to do. Nexus lost and they have nothing to brag about.

Although I expect the GM to play a bigger part with Nexus

SgtGohan
08-16-2010, 04:48 PM
indeed, very curious to find out who this GM is.

the_captain
08-16-2010, 04:50 PM
i'd say the miz is the one there looking for.

Miz really does make pretty good sense right now. They've got a common enemy in Daniel Bryan. He's already interfered on Nexus' behalf. And he's never really been in a direct confrontation with them. I can see him allying with them to ensure he gets to cash in his title shot, in case he keeps getting interfered with.

Bodom
08-16-2010, 04:53 PM
I could live with that

SgtGohan
08-16-2010, 06:07 PM
btw i was surprised how "well" bret hart did, he actually pulled of some moves, i was expecting nothing more then a few punches and kicks. but there was still a scoop slam and i believe an inverted atomic drop

EvolutionG
08-16-2010, 07:12 PM
Nice to see Undertaker back & I was shocked to see Daniel Bryan back though that was a Nice surprise

eyehatecena
08-16-2010, 09:44 PM
As much of a fan I am of Bret, I wish he hang it up. For one, I would hate to see him hurt(with all his past health issues) and I don't want my image of him ruined by sticking around and wrestling too long(i.e. Flair, Hall, Nash, Hogan....etc)

Mr Perfect
08-16-2010, 09:48 PM
As much of a fan I am of Bret, I wish he hang it up. For one, I would hate to see him hurt(with all his past health issues) and I don't want my image of him ruined by sticking around and wrestling too long(i.e. Flair, Hall, Nash, Hogan....etc)

I agree, I hope he's done in the ring. Id like to see him as the GM though. I see like seeing him on Raw just wish he would stop performing in the ring.